Arrhythmia — Cold Water Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Allie who has 103 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero
just to put your mind at ease you don't owe me anything
miss lucero
you paid me well in memories

The moonlight's silver lining dripped on a single side of everything in sight, and it all seemed to dance with the spring breeze that rustled up her back. There were certain things like that she always liked about this time of night - the way the air was cool but the winds were warm, how bright the stars remained as dawn crawled along the eastern sky, the collective song the early birds sang and the way it came to replace the cricket symphony. Twilight was the softest transition, and tonight she was grateful for that.

Sleep seemed harder to come by these days and many nights like this she simply lay awake, biding her time until morning broke. With her back pressed into the curve of two large roots beneath a blossoming tree, she mulled over reasons why. She'd settled well, so she thought, into her new pack and the roles that she embraced within it. Any day now Borlla's birth would breathe new life into the young pack, and she would have her hands full catering to the lady's needs and making sure she was well fed and as happy as Luce's company could render. The girl hadn't seen much of her friend lately, which was kind of disappointing. It wasn't Borlla's fault, she knew, just due to circumstances. There were others, each had a life that for now didn't involve Lucero, and she came across their trails, new or old, more than she could seem to cross their paths. Not having anyone to interact with slowly took its toll on the friendly girl who was so far from the only other person who she longed to give her time to.

With a drawn out sigh she remembered his face, lifting her chin to find it etched somewhere in the clouds. She silently hoped the same ones hung over his head, too. If there was nothing else to temper the lonely nights here, there was her best-one-night-memory of him and it still filled her with warmth. There wasn't a soul around to witness the life that flickered in her tired eyes as they searched, and for the briefest moment she thought she caught a glimpse of {Fenru}'s fiery ones among the stars.

The creaking of a tree branch off the in the distance behind her pulled her back down, and restlessly she dropped her head upon her forelegs with a huff. Maybe she could catch some sleep before daylight.

Played by Kira who has 110 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
It was certainly a strange notion to be a crucial part of a pack once more. Although this time he could actually take part in the packs activities instead of watch from the sidelines like some infant cub. Ataneq had grown strong and sturdy, built like his parents and of the long lineage before him. Though it might not be a blood relation, Atuaserk was of Tartok and Tartok was a kingdom. Soon these lands, too, would come to know what the legend of his home was and who they were, where they had come from. Siku, Sitamat, Nunataq and Tonraq were each going to arrive here and they would all make their names here as their mother suggested. She was wise, so they would listen.

For now it was just Ataneq and mother, they were the two Tartok originals that lingered within Relic Lore. Ataneq had to make sure that he was doing his duties for their new pack so that they could learn from one another, perhaps even Siku making a bond with Phineas and Borlla once they parted ways. The yearling was enamored with the idea of opening yet another branch of the matriarch’s beginning and here seemed like a perfect choice to start. As usual Ataneq lingered around, traveling here and there to collect certain plants and herbs, scouting the neutral territories and hunting prey when available.

Unfortunately for him his endeavor last night had cost him a night away from Siku, though his mother would not worry. Her son could take care of himself if left alone, he would survive countless nights if a situation called for it. Cold Water Creek would provide with a subtle bath to start his day, and then he would continue to collect whatever plants and food that Magnolia Glen’s caches required.

i'm currently looking for any kind of short or long-term plots, so message me if you've got an idea!
i.e. (friend/enemy/spar partner/pack recruiter, etc)
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero
What a pleasant surprise :)

miss lucero

For a time she remained as she was, pretending to sleep as though she'd get lucky and actually slumber off. Eventually, however, the darkness that was when her eyes were closed began to lighten and a warm sensation crept along the curve of her hindquarters. Daybreak. No more rested than she'd been, Lucero's golden eyes slowly fluttered open to glance sideways at the pale sunlight that filtered its way along the forest floor to her. Much of the sky was still stained an inky shade, creating a surreal feel as it appeared the world was somehow cloaked in both night and day. The ash-stroked girl reluctantly rose to her feet with a mighty yawn, stretching her long back and legs before making for the creek.

Nearing the gurgling stream, off a short distance to the north, a scent most familiar and yet foreign all the same lingered in the air. She had yet to make the personal; acquaintance of the lumbering dark woman or the company she kept, including a number of her offspring. It wasn't for lack of curiosity about them, or for the fact that, at least for now, everyone including Luce seemed content to pursue their own paths. Really, the dark-furred group was more mysterious to her than anything else. Halting to breathe in the boy's signature, she raised her muzzle with feminacy to test the air with a flick of her tongue.

Wild-eyed, she scanned the last of the night's fading shadows for him before pressing on.

Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
Atty needs to meet pack mates and learn how to handle pretty girls ;)

Stepping into the creek he allowed the water dampen the tips of the fur on his chest before stopping, closing his eyes and sighing. It was fresh relief that gave him free reign to feel less tightened. Siku had always been a wonderful mother and let her sons learn of situations by themselves—didn’t hold them on a leash like toddlers. She wanted them to get a feel for danger and to figure out how to get themselves out of it with logical schemes.

The one thing he did not recall their mother had never gotten to teach them was how they were supposed to act around girls. Ataneq had truly no experience with girls, only his brothers who were almost like carbon copies of himself except that they were all different in appearance and each had their own few quirks about them. Just as he raised his head and laid his eyes upon the creature of feminacy, he was speechless.

She was a perfect image of the ideal woman, curves and with bright sunshine-colored eyes. If he could, he would probably tell you he imagined her swimming around in the water and then flipped her head back like a goddess. It was strange, he felt weird—he felt sick. Though he was staring he knew he shouldn’t continue to be rude so he spoke up, giving her a simple bark to say “hey”. At least this would get her attention but if that was step one, what the hell was step two going to be?

i'm currently looking for any kind of short or long-term plots, so message me if you've got an idea!
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero
<33

miss lucero

This early in the morning the creek appeared darker and colder than usual. To the west, as far as she could see before it winded from sight, it looked like a slick black serpent, the light emerging from the east reflecting shades of liquid silver on the ridges of its wakes. Crouching on its grassy bank, Luce tiredly lapped up the frigid water with a mindless effort, rolling to rest on her haunches before glancing about for a sign of the boy whose scent still hung in the air, more heavily now than she'd caught it before, she thought.

"Hey," a voice called from across the way. Stretching her neck and squinting, the ivory girl looked for its source briefly before perking up as she finally made out the silhouette of his dark form. "Hey," she returned, soft-spoken as though she didn't want to wake up the rest of the world. Come to think of it, she'd never heard the Tartok boy speak before. He or his brother. She felt...honored to hear his voice for the first time. A gentle smile punctuated the glow of awakened excitement in her golden eyes as her long legs swept over the dewy grasses in his direction.

Her approach was slower, and she would come to stop a comfortable distance from her counterpart's large, burly form. "'Morning, early bird," she murmured, an easygoing, contented sway to her fluffy plume of a tail as she regarded his early morning dip in the creek.

(This post was last modified: May 15, 2013, 02:29 AM by Lucero.)
Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
The moment that he spoke he felt a sudden chill throw down his spine, telling him that there was no turning back now. The only things he could do now was fuck it all up or, well, work damn hard to be friends with her—right now, he could only see himself screwing it all up since he assumed that he was like an ant to her. Nothing but his mother’s son, which wasn’t a bad thing to him but what if she wasn’t looking for friends who pretty much worshiped his mother like he did? Or what if they became friends and just after that his mother chose that time to move and create their own pack? Would the two packs become allies or hateful towards one another for the split of a larger party?

Shut UP, dimwit! he argued with himself mentally before she finally saw him and softly reiterated the same word back at him as if an angel sang. If his legs were not holding him up so tightly he might have fallen weak to her words, crashing upon the grounds and smashed by that one syllable. Forcibly he told himself to strengthen himself up a little bit more and respond like an adult, be the suave guy that she probably might be interested in. Then she did another grand, flawless thing by moving her beautiful long legs towards him—towards him. It took a lot not to simply gawk at her.

It was then that he started to figure out something to say back to her, something that might be somewhere close to as cute as what she said. With quiet contemplation he gave her what he thought was a charming smile and came up with: “You’re just as much an early bird as I,” and before he could catch himself the words were gone and he figured he should have just been quiet. That was not nearly as cute or wonderful as what she had said or how she spoke it. Ataneq might have been a quiet, mysterious guy but he was certainly setting himself up for failure now.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero
miss lucero

Where she would have expected his voice to be low and harsh, or at least in a way darker so as to suit his menacing appearance, what met her ears was the opposite. His words drifted to her with a smooth quality, debonair even, and she liked it. Whatever apprehension she might have had previously simply began to wither and slip away into the morning, along with the heavy feeling of sleeplessness. "Maybe," she said warmly, eyeing him with curiosity. "I couldn't sleep—I thought a dip in the creek might be a better start to an early morning." Smoothing over her disappointment concerning this fact with a faint, girlish sort of grin, she sauntered her way closer to him and the creek, nosing the smell of the water and the grasses that lined the bank before turning to face him.

It was then that she was able to make out the distinguished features of his young and yet rugged face—bright, amber eyes, straight planes and sharp angles, the assemblage of hairs beneath his chin and the perfect points of the tips of his ears. Maybe it was the way she'd warmed up to his words, but the boy was rather dashing himself. "Lucero," she introduced properly, "but you can call me Luce." Most of the few she knew did, and it was really what she preferred. She felt kind of silly introducing herself now, as they'd been living among one another long enough that she knew his name and was sure he knew hers, even if they'd never really spoken before.

(This post was last modified: May 16, 2013, 08:25 PM by Lucero.)
Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
eh fail, kinda distracted.

It was truly magnificent that this creature had not walked away or ignored him completely. It was strange but undoubtedly so, he was enjoying stay here within her presence. Ataneq suddenly felt like he was making a friend that was not related to him by blood nor had to like him simply because they were family. Instead, this wonderful dove stayed and talked as if he were as interesting as an unopened treasure box. For a moment he wished he could tell her that perhaps sleep was eluding her because she was at the beauty cap for beauty sleep but figured that might have been too forward of a comment so he just smiled.

Instead he tried to think of something better to say. “It is wonderful weather to take a dip in the creek,” and that was a good solid reply. It was not creepy nor would a pointless comment, something he could deal with that would not turn her away entirely. Though, she could leave from lack of awesome conversation. That would certainly break his spirits, but so far so good. “Luce… that’s a pretty nickname,” then he stepped out of his body for a moment to spout, “anyone every called you Lucey?” (If that is actually how Luce is pronounced, let me know!) Ataneq thought it was a unique name either way, though he remembered being called Atty when he was little by his siblings and most nicknames for him didn’t seem to faze him. After all, he had two names to go by—Atuaserk or Ataneq, though usually the latter.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero
It's perfect, no worries <3 I believe you pronounced it just right, it sounds like "loose" :)

miss lucero

She agreed with his remark about the weather with a silent nod. Summer was her favorite time of year—warm, vivacious, green. Though the spring had brought Relic Lore to life some, it would undoubtedly be the summer months that would reveal Magnolia Glen and the other regions this side of the mountain for how beautiful they truly were. But Luce's focused was hardly on the creek or the weather now as she regarded Ataneq with a blossoming curiosity, her eyes still astutely roving over him as she finalized her first impression. A gentleman he was, and she was utterly, if not covertly, delighted that she may be making a friend with a pack mate her own age. Well, only a hair younger, anyway.

A wave of heat washed over her cheeks as he complemented her short-name, and she bashfully looked to her toes as they dug into the grass for a moment. As friendly as she was, she was still a shy thing, but she liked and appreciated his generosity. "Thank you," she said, shooting him a curling grin that she obviously tried to keep from growing to reach both of her ears. "No, no one's ever called me that, but...I s'pose you could, if you'd like." She wouldn't mind. Thoughtfully she moved closer to the boy, her new found friend as she hoped it, the long fur of her tail brushing against his side as she strode past him and from the creek.

"So what do you think about the Glen, Ataneq?" she questioned, hoping to impress or complement him by dropping his name, and at the same time feeling a tinge of embarrassment in advance should he think her creepy or intrusive. Hoping to recover if he wasn't keen to her conversation, she added, "—found any interesting places yet?"

Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
Though Summer was the time when things blossomed and life began again, it had never been his favorite. Not by a long shot. Autumn had been his favorite and now that he had been through all seasons of the year, he knew that nothing compared. He had only been around the age of seven months when seeing Fall for the first time but the colors were delightful and the chilly winds were always a welcome feeling. Though it certainly was a good day to bathe and as he stood there with her he contemplating doing the same but he would simply gather her vibes as to whether or not she was more than comfortable with him hanging with him.

As if the question about Lucey made her blush, she looked down at her paws as if she was not used to hearing such things come from another’s mouth. At first he was surprised that no one had said such things as often as he wished he could to her but then figured that it might overstep boundaries. “I would love to call you Lucey,” of course this made it all the more awesome since he would be the only one so far to call her by a specific name. It was his creation and hopefully she liked it—oh, he should ask! But, she did say that she didn’t mind being called something other than Luce… he’d find out if she didn’t like it later he supposed.

Now how was he supposed to say that it was a beautiful place without sounding completely retarded or girly? He needed to act macho and manly, no questions asked. “I like it so far, Phineas and Borlla chose well to raise their children.” Yes, that seemed like a wonderful answer to her question that didn’t seem idealistic to either gender. Upon realizing that she was going the distance between them he felt his heart catch fire, giving him less space in his lungs to properly breath so his heart pounded within.

“Uh, well…” as soon as he started to speak he could feel her tail brush along his side as she moved towards the creek, feeling completely at a loss of words. Then, he started to realize that he didn’t have much to contribute to her question. Nor had he thought any of his finds were awesome enough to be shared or have anyone to share them with. So he shared just about the only thing he had found that might be close to decent, “further down the Creek there is a tree where the soil underneath half of it has pushed itself into the water and its made a decent place to hide out during rainstorms. Or rest. Whichever.”