(See All?) Announcements
406 Users Online
Bing, Google, Apollo

a little rough around the edges — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
can't get enuff of the dynamic duo ommgg <3 and the word of the day is awesome so i had to throw it in XD <b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">
The lessons from Anastasia had been going swimmingly — there was still a lot to learn, but at least he was more prepared than he had been upon first entering Relic Lore. Nineteen was still nervous when the two parted ways to scout out new territory alone, but he was growing more comfortable when it came to meeting feral wolves. At least now, compared to his meeting with the midnight loner, he understood what was right and wrong. Thanks to the help of his new friend Lachesis was making less mistakes every time he explored the land — he couldn't afford to make mistakes, not with Ana dedicating so much of her time to help him.
After leaving the blue-eyed girl curled up in their temporary den, the boy found himself in another forest. He had passed through the same eerie forest he had discovered days ago to reach this new area — at first it had been difficult to travel through, the foliage was packed so tightly together Lach was unsure if he'd make it to the other side. Eventually the trees began to decrease in number, many of them laying broken on the blackened earth while others had withered into piles of ash. A disaster had devoured the southern half of the forest, and the unknown sparked the yearling's curiosity. He took several steps into the burnt half of the forest before stopping, his head swinging around to take in the scenery. He regretted not waking up Ana when he decided to leave, but he had told her prior to them falling asleep to come find him in the morning. As much as he wanted to carry on, Lachesis would wait for his friend to catch up to him. He felt guilty discovering the forest without her and decided that next time he wanted to go exploring he would wake up her up at the crack of dawn so they could go on an 'adventure' together.
Nineteen also felt guilty about a lot of others things. He appreciated everything the female had done for him, but he felt like a burden. Anastasia was the type of wolf who would flourish in these lands without the boy holding her back. The patience she had for him was bewildering — he had never known a wolf to be as patient as she was aside from his mother. Anastasia was a whangdoodle; there was an air of mystery that engulfed her and drew the younger boy in with each day they spent together.
He also felt guilty about being so vague about his past — after the blue-eyed girl had opened up to him Lachesis was unsure of how to bring up his history to her. His own pack had been soft compared to hers, but he had experienced his own troubles. They hardly compared to what she had gone through, which was why he was so hesitant in talking about it. It wasn't important — making Ana happy and being at her side was important.
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
After her long wistful sleeping she had had a few moments when XIX had gone to think about new things she could share with him. It was always on her mind, hoping to prepare him for their seemingly near future. Ana simply found herself lucky that she had really been keen to listen to her father when he talked about the batshit packs nearby whose traditions were unjust and simply not functional. While she thought that her Alpha’s pack was entirely unreasonable and simply not right. It may have seemed like a fair trade-off for a male born into the pack but to a woman—it was torture.
Part of this made her want to demonstrate to Nineteen that he never needed to take things by force, that he need not to be greedy for things. Anastasia didn’t believe that he would ever be any sort of vain, evil creature but she would always hope for the best in him. Regardless of him feeling guilty about not telling her about his past, she figured that she didn’t need it to know him.
The thing that mattered was that he was learning to better himself and desired to learn, to be there for her. This was why Anastasia loved him so. Nineteen cared for her and understood that her past was troublesome but she had to be twice as strong to overcome what had happened. With his help, she was becoming every bit of the best self she could be.
Stretching her legs she removed herself from their temporary quarters and her sleepy eyes looked around the perimeter, not seeing her pear-eyed dove anywhere but figured he couldn’t have gone that far. XIX never strayed away or stayed away for very long.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#81A14A;">
The blackened land held a unique beauty that captured the youth's attention and drew him further into the territory. There was a story laying beneath the ash, one that XIX was desperate to discover. He circled a broken log, nose hovering inches above the earth as he moved while he impatiently waited for the arrival of his blue-eyed friend. The boy hoped that she would catch up to him soon — he didn't want to venture any further without her by his side. He regretted abandoning her in the morning light, but she had looked so peaceful that he didn't want to wake her.
He wondered what lesson she would hold for him today — there was so much he had learned already! But every day that the two spent together Anastasia was able to put together something new for the young loner. He hadn't realized how much he had missed out on while living with his former pack — as much as he missed his family Lachesis was glad he was no longer there. Leaving, although it had not been his decision, had helped the boy develop into a better wolf. Like Ana, leaving his pack offered the boy new opportunities he wouldn't have seen in his old life.
The sun was warm on his back and brought the ghost back to reality, a subtle reminder to where he was. With no Ana. A whine escaped his throat, ears pressed to his skull as he surveyed the charcoal forest. He climbed up onto a tree stump, the tombstone sprouting new life, and lowered his hindquarters. Since his friend had opened up to him so much, Nineteen knew that it was only fair to share his own past with her. He had been vague about the details of his former pack, only because it didn't seem that important compared to what the female had to endure. Today, once his friend caught up to him, he would open up to her. 'We're friends and we share.'
(This post was last modified: May 10, 2013, 03:48 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
pretty table yous got tharr. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
Hm, she pondered silently as she gazed around their encampment though saw no trace of the pearly boy. It wasn’t like him to leave the den without her leaving first, though she would have assumed he would have at least woken her and sprouted his whereabouts. Either way she was going to find him even if she had to manually track his ass the old-fashioned way. As his scent was familiar to her now she had no trouble following it, though it was curious the path he took seemed oddly rounded but humorous either way. It was apparent that he wasn’t just walking through, he was actually scenting at the places along the way and stopping to smell the metaphorical roses.
It took longer than she might have liked but upon sighting the creature she was scouting, she forgot about her tracking and smiled. It was nice to see him out exploring instead of within the den waiting for her to announce that they would go do something. His natural instinct to familiarize himself with his surroundings was kicking in. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“Beautiful day,” she mused as she strolled near him and rubbed her coat alongside his in greeting. There was barely a cloud in the sky and a light breeze to set the temperature just right. They were neither hot nor cold, which made for a great day of wandering around and sight-seeing. Perhaps they might even stop by the Falls where they could both enjoy a refreshing bath to freshen up.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
o ty <3<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">
The ghost caught scent of his friend before she approached, a lop-sided smile spreading lazily across his maw. Lachesis turned his head to meet her gaze as she greeted him, her voice as welcoming and cool as a summer breeze. He nodded in agreement, though his eyes were focused on her rather than their surroundings. Although he was growing more comfortable on his own XIX preferred having the cerulean-eyed girl at his side; he felt safer that way. He knew enough to handle himself while being on his own, but when they were together everything felt right. Everything just made sense.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"You f-found me," he chirped with a wag of his tail as he pressed his nose against her cheek. Now that the girl had caught up with him Lachesis was excited to begin today's adventure — just being with her raised his mood considerably. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"D-did you have a g-good sleep?" His stuttering was getting better, which pleased the yearling. One thing that he absolutely despised was having this annoying stutter — especially when it came to speaking with Ana, Nineteen just felt embarrassed. He hated feeling weak in front of his friend, and his stuttering was one of his obvious weaknesses. Along with all of the other things that just piled on top of each other and slowly strangled him from the inside.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
cat going whacko and giving me a headache o_o<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
Ana felt that this place was relatively safe for the two of them, given that she had not run into anyone of particular danger to them. Only one she had heard of was the midnight stranger who had pinned XIX but that had been because of eye contact. Surely it was just a misunderstanding. She had met two young wolves about Nineteen’s age, a female from a pack called Willow Ridge and then the impressive arctic wolf that had blessed her with a compliment—bless his soul. Anastasia certainly liked compliments; they made her feel quite warm. XIX had filled her heart with similar warmth. It was the comfort that she desired in a companion. He was a companion that she had not seen coming.
The pearly female would always find him, regardless of if he thought she was looking. She believed that if she felt that he was hurting, she would be there. Anastasia would sense it and come for him. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“If I were to be honest no sleep is ever good for me,” as she often felt the eyes of her past watching her every move and staring her down to pinpoint all her weaknesses. Hopefully the past would never show up to the present—she didn’t ever want Lachesis to be in danger because of her. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“My mind doesn’t allow me to rid myself of the memories,” but she was quick to change the topic, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“you slept well, I think.” He hadn’t moved around too much or made any noises, so that was a good sign?

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
silly kitties >:( mine always come harass me<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">
A frown stole his smile at her reply, his brows narrowing as he studied her expression with growing concern. It troubled him when his companion was troubled, especially when he wasn't quite sure how to fix it. He desperately wanted to erase all the horrors of her past, but he knew no matter what he said or did they would still be there; perhaps distant, but still present. He leaned forward to press his side against hers, eyes falling away from hers as his ears lowered. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"I w-was lucky," he said quietly before pausing, his breath catching in his throat. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"I g-get nightmares about the t-t-twolegs..." The word hesitated to fall of his tongue, catching on his teeth before spilling out while he shuddered at the thought of them.
Thieves. He hated them, the nasty two-legs; they were dirty thieves. They had destroyed him, taken what was important from him and filled them his horrible, blurry memories.
Once he had spoken about them they were difficult to remove from his thoughts — he hated thinking about them, hated acknowledging that they were a part of his life. They had been as present as his parents had been, if not more. It wasn't fair! The boy kept his gaze lowered, although he still remained pressed to Ana's side. As soon as he realized he had been shaking he stopped immediately, although his tail was still trembling uncontrollably.
There was so much built up hate (a feeling he despised) he felt toward those wretched, naked two-legs. He gave his mind a mental shake to clear his thoughts — no, he couldn't feel like that. Lachesis had to focus on what made him happy, and that was Ana. She made him happy, she made him a better wolf... she made everything better.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
mine harasses me at night when i'm asleep. somehow drags all of the toys that make noise all the way to my bedroom door. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
It seemed that nightmares were recurring for the two of them, though Ana’s weren’t very often. They came a couple nights a week and always had since she left home. A sigh escaped her lips as she began to wonder how a pack could be so hard. All she was there was a womb and a pretty face. They had not seen any more in her than any other woman and secretly she was jealous of her brother who got to become a warrior and train like a normal guardian. But she, well, Ana only got to be a nobody.
As hard as it was to pull herself out of it she managed to listen to what Nineteen told her. Two legs? What animals had two legs? Squirrels had four, birds kinda had four too … <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“I’m sorry I don’t know anything with two legs.” There was nothing that came to mind but she was going to tell him that <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“if you don’t want to talk about it, we can just continue learning more.” After all, she had a couple more things lined up so if he wanted to talk, she would listen or if he wanted to listen, she could teach.
It would benefit him or her, or both! It was a little creepy how much they just wanted to keep each other happy and to continue benefiting the other. They were great together because they were a team, partners in crime but they simmered down to very little when alone.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
mine are batshit crazy. i don't like em in my room cause i have too many wires they can chew on.<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">
The boy blinked in astonishment at her words — she didn't know about the two-legs? Was it common for others wolves to not know anything of them? He couldn't make assumptions as Anastasia was the first wolf he had told about his encounters with them. The Pack never mentioned it because they were all accustom to dealing with them, it was simply something they were all used to.
Brainwashed.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"They're b-bigger than us, m-much b-bigger," he started, his pear-coloured eyes closing shut as the memories washed over him. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"A-and ugly. They w-walk on t-two legs, have s-strange p-pink skin, and w-wear these odd-looking f-furs." Another pause, his head shaking at his overwhelming thoughts. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"They h-have n-nasty, grabby, p-pokey hands." As he finished he allowed his eyes to re-open and glanced over at his friend, his paws quivering once more.
He liked the idea of more lessons, it's what he wanted — he needed the distraction right now. The boy wanted to focus all of his attention on his friend and drown himself in her knowledge. Settling down beside her he gave an enthusiastic nod in response to her words. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"W-what else d-did you have in m-mind?" Although he was distracted the boy was eager to learn more from his teacher. Her patience was enviable, but the ghost appreciated everything she was doing for him.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
It seemed that she was still curious as to what her friend went on about, calling them two legs, they were ugly and pink with strange fur. Even had hands—what were hands? Were they antennae like ants, tails like squirrels or beaks like birds? In her mind she was picturing some sort of obese pink alien with fur covering patches on their body, and antennae like bugs—perhaps even wings like a butterfly. Yes, they sounded strange indeed. They were very ferocious creatures that they should not talk about unless they wish them to find their location now. Perhaps that was what he was hiding from?
Deciding that they really shouldn’t talk about that anymore as it could cause them both to start having nightmares about it, she was relieved to hear that he would go along with more learning. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“I told you how two wolves are put together in my old pack,” she moved past this without a hiccup as it wasn’t what they were going to mull over today, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“but I think that you should know how it works in these packs.”
Of course, she was still unaware that he had ever been in a pack to begin with and that he had just only been surrounded by family—so them joining strangers would likely alter his idea of how to go about doing things when they weren’t blood related or knew them by heart. The two of them would have to work at being depended on as well as depending on them.