386 Users Online
Google, Bing

west coast smoker — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">
Lachesis was determined to find a pack wolf today — it was usually something he tried to avoid because even with all of his lessons from Ana, the boy still didn't feel prepared when it came to meeting strangers. He knew much more now than he had when he first arrived in Relic Lore, so at least the youth knew how to react when being confronted by one of these feral wolves. Although he didn't want to trespass on any pack territory — this would involve unwanted confrontation that Lachesis wanted to avoid — he still hoped to come across a member of one of the local packs. He was curious to see how many roamed the lands of Relic Lore, and which one would provide the best home for the pair.
The sun was warm on his back as he maneuvered through the Fields, his nose lifted to the wind to catch a scent of any nearby wolves. XIX was glad to finally be out of the gloomy forests that surrounded the temporary den Ana and he had found. No wonder the place was called Secluded Spring, there was many trees to get through to reach it! One thing was for sure, the boy definitely didn't want to join a pack that called a forest home. He was growing tired of wandering through the trees and getting lost in their depths.
Grass nipped playfully at his sides as he kept moving forward, his tail swishing absently behind him. This was definitely better — the heat of the sun on his back, the open surroundings so he knew exactly what direction everything was in... Lach definitely preferred these lands to the gloomy forests that surrounded their den. He wondered if Anastasia felt the same — he made note to ask her when they met up later tonight. Everything was so much easier when they were on the same page.
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Hollow often found himself trekking farther off the borders these days, since, the births in the pack he had kept to the same patrol route, yet instead of tracing it back on pack lands the young male would run through the fields just to expand the range of his patrol, and to catch any potential trespassers and point them in another direction before they got close enough to cause confrontation. He would much rather make a friendly approach and let strangers know the pack was nearby before they made the mistake of treading too closely to it. After all the very last thing that the Secret Woodlands needed was for Hollow to go around picking unnecessary fights and causing trouble for a pack with newborn pups.Nina would have his tail for the pups to play with if he caused any sort of trouble that wasn't absolutely necessary.

So today there he was halfway through his route, mind not on any particular encounter other than the last few times he had been into the fields. He always seemed to meet some really strange wolves in the blackberry fields, Jessie, Teketa, and that female who just looked at him as if he was something unpleasant she had stepped in. Very strange creatures all of them had been, and Hollow was still convinced that wolves whom wanted to constantly be in the open must be a little strange regardless. However it was quiet so far and Hollow had no such luck for a time until prey scent came to him. The dark male moved into position, and tried three separate times to pinpoint a rabbit and failed each time in his leap, to gain any food for the cache. Fine you stupid cotton tail, I didn't want you anyways, I bet you're stringy.

He gave up his chase and turned to go back towards the border when a sudden shift in wind brought a wolf scent to the male. It was unfamiliar and judging by the lack of any uniformity he was a loner. Hollow swung towards the scent and made his way toward the strange male. After some a few moments at a steady lope the male rounded a clump of some strong smelling herb and caught sight of the stranger. "Hello there, my name is Hollow Nite, might I ask if you're looking for anyone out here?" After he had spoken, Hollow noticed upon a closer inspection of the white wolf before him, a strange marking inside of his ear, "XIX". I wonder what that's for?

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">
Soon the pair would begin their descent south to search for more packs that — but, for now, Lachesis wanted to be sure he scouted out the nearby packs before they made their move. He could tell by all the stale scents that littered Relic Lore that the area was filled with a variety of wolves, every wolf holding a unique scent that differentiated them from each other. Some had smelt similar, which the boy assumed were part of a pack, while others smelt as rogue as Ana and himself. He had never smelt so many wolves before! The pack had been small, close-knit, and mostly family — he had never met any wolves outside of the pack until he had left, and then he had stumbled upon Ana.
The longer he walked the deeper he found himself in the Fields, his long legs stalking through the grass. He was comfortable here, for now; being in the shadows of the forest had caused the boy to feel claustrophobic, as if there wasn't anymore of Relic to see. XIX was glad to stumble upon the blackberry filled territory, his paws bouncing excitedly over the ground as he moved.
His bouncing paws stopped immediately once he caught scent of the stranger, his pear-coloured eyes widening as he surveyed the area. The black wolf stuck out among the green as much as his own white coat did, and he was making a bee-line for Lachesis' position. Spidery legs stiffened, locked in place as the stranger approached him, words dripping off his tongue. Hollow Nite. The boy stashed away the name for future reference, so he could relay back this meeting to Ana once he returned back to their den. He seemed friendly enough, but the ghost felt hot under Hollow's blue gaze. Lach remembered what his friend had said about eye contact, so as if on cue he quickly adverted his eyes from the inky wolf. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"M-my name's N-Nineteen," he started, mentally cursing his annoying stuttered as it hesitated on the tip of his tongue. Great way to make an impression — nobody wants a wolf who can't speak properly. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"N-not anyone in p-particular. Are th-here any p-packs nearby?"
No Rank
Hollow Nite
The younger male seemed afraid of Hollow, he very quickly averted his eyes. For a few moments Hollow had to fight the urge to raise his tail and claim dominance over the conversation, it had become natural for him when he was on patrol, to show dominance over the wolves outside the border. The Woodlands male fought down his urge and merely smiled while letting his tail hang limp and his head lower a fraction of an inch. It was not in Hollow's nature to be cruel or mean so boy before him had nothing to be afraid of. Yet the second did not know anything of Nineteen's past, or of his disposition on pack wolves, his past experiences must not have been pleasant from what Hollow could see.

Briefly the male was carried back in time to when a black yearling no older than Nineteen had found his way into a charred section of forest and met a horrible she wolf, whom was cruel and spoke of death if he did not hold his story inside himself. The she wolf had awakened the yearling unknowingly, and shown him that moping would never change anything, sadness could not help a situation become better, it would merely get you scoffed at and ridiculed. That yearling had grown into the wolf who stood now, head and tail lowered in a caring gesture to another yearling, Probably afraid that he would be attacked by Hollow at any moment, the same way Hollow had been afraid of Djinn. The soon to be guardian was not going to give Nineteen the same treatment he had gotten, even if it wasn't his first encounter with a pack wolf that Hollow knew of. With that in mind Hollow said in a soft voice, "Mine is, I am second of Secret Woodlands, we are held in the heart of the Thickets just on the edge of these fields." Hopefully this yearling would understand that the darker male meant him no harm at all.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
and if i may just take your breath away, i don't mind if there's not much to say
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7D9A7B;">
Nineteen was still unsure of the stranger — from what Anastasia taught him, pack wolves were extremely territorial. This Hollow Nite could easily flip a switch from kind greeter to a pair of gnashing teeth, snapping inches away from his face to chase him from this place. He knew that it wasn't the case, as the yearling could tell there was something different about the inky male. There was something in the depths of his pale blue eyes that told the spider-legged boy that he meant no harm, but he still didn't trust him. Trust was not given out by the ghost so easily; it had to be earned, and it was nearly impossible to get to that point. Ana had barely managed it, but Lach knew that in order for them to travel together and join a pack that he had no choice but to trust her.
Secret Woodlands... it had not been a pack his companion had mentioned, which excited the pear-eyed boy. Finally, something he could report back to the blue-eyed dove! Lachesis wanted to know everything about this pack, and whether it was going to be the perfect fit for the two Arctic wolves.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7D9A7B;">"M-my f-friend and I are looking f-for a pack, c-could you tell m-me about yours?" He was growing nervous, his stuttering becoming more apparent, but he would not let it show. The boy kept his composure, his eyes adverted from the midnight pack wolf. He could remember most of the questions Anastasia told him to ask a patrolling wolf upon meeting them — others he was going to have to think of on his own, but it was only more practice for the teen.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
The inquiry from Nineteen was a simple one, Hollow had never asked, he had just known that he was meant to be in this pack. Though of course not all wolves could hear their hearts speak as clearly as Hollow had heard his. It was not always an instantaneous response, and not always a sure one at that. Some wolves had to search, some had to {I}know[/] what was in store. Hollow had just trusted his heart. Now looking at Nineteen Hollow was again reminded of himself, just looking for a home, though he was lost and alone, fighting for himself, trying to pull himself away from the sadness that had circled him before he had found this place. The dark male knew very well some of the things that could be going through Nineteens head at the moment.

A few moments passed as Hollow decided what to say to the yearling, it was the same as it had been with Jessie, he wanted to satisfy the boy but at the same time, he did not want to divulge too much about his pack to Nineteen. There was but one thing Hollow felt was a substantial truth, it did not divulge information about it's members, merely the type of pack that he belong to. "We are not a pack, Nineteen, we are a family, from the helpless pup to the frail elder we treat each other with respect and care." It was a fairly simple statement leaving out the facts of the den location, and the exact amount of foliage the territory held as that was not necessary for an outsider to know. Hollow lowered his rear to the ground and settled assuming this would be a fairly long conversation. "There's no chance of any less than desirable wolves following you is there?"

(This post was last modified: May 13, 2013, 10:22 AM by Hollow.)
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
and if i may just take your breath away, i don't mind if there's not much to say
sorry for the delay!<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7D9A7B;">
Hollow's description of his pack excited the lanky boy — he liked the idea of joining a family rather than just a normal pack. This would be good news to report back to Anastasia, but he was still interested in looking at other packs in Relic Lore. They had agreed to travel south and explore more of their new home. Lachesis wanted to explore as much as he could before they settled on a pack, and just hoped that Ana felt the same. He knew that there was only so much longer that the two could last on their own, but this pack had to be perfect.
The next words that fell out of the dark male's mouth caught the ghost off guard, his pear eyes narrowing. Less than desirable wolves? Instantly the boy glanced around, eyes searching for a flash of fur lurking in the tall grass or a strange scent lingering in the area. What did the pack wolf mean by that? Was there problems between the local packs, or perhaps pack wolves and loners? There was so much he still didn't know about the history of Relic Lore, or any quarrels between the different packs. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7D9A7B;">"I h-haven't seen any w-wolves n-nearby," the boy started with a frown appearing on his maw, eyes focusing on the darker male's forepaws. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7D9A7B;">"Are th-there any I sh-should w-worry about?" He was curious as to why the dark male would be asking him such an odd question.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
His description of his home seemed to excite Nineteen, which was certainly positive. If the boy's friend had been along as well Hollow might have a better idea of exactly who might potentially want to join the pack. Of course Hollow also did not expect an immediate oath to pledged to Secret Woodlands, and the Reiners on the spot. After all, Nineteen hadn't even met Nina, or Koda, let alone this friend of his. But from the expression in his face, Hollow began to feel a slight bit of confidence that he may in fact see the young male calling from the border, friend in tow, to request entry to the pack. Even if it was in the future, at least the young wolf would know there were friendly faces in the lore. Not everyone was out to get you.

It would seem Hollow's question startled the lad and his pear colored eyes began to dart around as if he expected a wild rouge to leap out at him and try clawing him to pieces. A touch of a smile came to the dark males maw. "There was recent trouble with a sickness pressing at our borders. I ask only so that I may reassure everyone at home that it is gone, though I myself know it to be. Just as well any information about rouges in the area that are up to no good only helps me better protect the pack." The short speech served two purposes, first was to maybe jar any memories from the young male so that he may gain useful information, second it served as a warning to the boy, to be on the lookout. Hollow could be sure at least one wolf who had been infected with the walking death was gone, a brave male had given his life to be sure of it. But as for the female that had come to their border seeking sanctuary, Hollow had no idea where she may be.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A5BA66;">
A sickness? Nineteen blinked at the word, dissecting it with his mind as his brows furrowed. The only sort of ‘sickness’ that the ghost had ever encountered had been the weak deer that his pack had taught him to go after when hunting. He had been unaware that any sickness could be a threat to wolves, which the boy now knew was naïve to believe. There was so much he was discovering about these feral wolves, along with himself, since he arrived in Relic Lore. With Anastasia at his side giving him daily lessons and his own expertise he was picking up along the way, Lach felt that when the time came to the pair seeking acceptance into a pack that he would be prepared. He had to be – XIX couldn’t bear the thought of Ana being accepted without him, or the leaders refusing to accept both of them because of a mistake that he made.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A5BA66;">“I h-have n-not scented any sickness s-sickness since I arrived,” he commented with a slight shake of his head, pear eyes focused on the grass between the black wolf’s toes. Perhaps these diseased wolves that Hollow was talking about had either died or left Relic – either way, as long as Lachesis (or Ana) didn’t encounter them everything would be fine. He didn’t want to think about the possibility of his blue-eyed companion developing this strange sickness that had plagued several wolves of Relic.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A5BA66;">“Are t-there any w-wolves or p-packs I should avoid?” Hollow was the most knowledgeable he had come across since arriving in these lands, surely he knew which packs were best to stay clear of. Lachesis wanted to be sure that he was joining a pack he could see himself and Anastasia being a part of for many years, and eventually calling their future pack mates family.
(This post was last modified: May 19, 2013, 07:41 AM by Lachesis.)
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Hollow's stare became a little more intense than it had been before, it was not that he meant to, but more so that he had to know if any of the lone wolves in the area knew of the sickness returning. The bringers of the disease had been dispatched with ferocity yet just because they were dead did not mean the disease was as well. It could never be so simple, so a watchful eye had to be kept on every piece of prey, every loner at the border, and every trip onto the fields. So without a word Hollow hung on to every word that left Nineteen's muzzle. Whether stuttering or not, he was a wolf the same, and had senses the same, plus he was no more educated in the land than Hollow himself had been.

The dark male's head cocked to one side with a thoughtful look playing across the dark face. After a few moments of black paws shuffling and a few shakes of a tail Hollow answered. "Good, hopefully the sickness is gone for good. From my knowledge there are no packs here that are feared. I would say that if you merely respect their borders and cause no trouble you will not come to harm." Truthfully, Hollow only knew of the other packs by word of mouth before the great meeting before they had gone to purge the evil from Relic Lore. Even afterwards he had no noteworthy knowledge of where anything was besides the radius he stayed in to keep proximity to Secret Woodlands.He knew every leaf here, but Hollow trod elsewhere he was as good as lost.