(See All?) Announcements
493 Users Online
Bing, Google

Call to Hunt — Nomads Pass 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Amritha who has 48 posts.
Inactive III. Hunter
Asta Fleetfoot
Not sure if I should give this the "pack" prefix or not - but the more wolves that join in the better! Maybe we can claim some LP for a proper hunt (2+ wolves). This thread may also be more appropriate for outside of NP territory but I wasn't sure sooo... I put it here. If it needs to be moved or anything lemme know. xD

Edit: - 6/27/2013 - I really don't want to see this thread die and I think the pack could benefit from this activity. So I'm reviving it. We can work around the actual date of the thread so everyone can be involved. xD

@Mapplethorpe @Naira @Rais @Sagacity @Datura @Nebet @Taima @Crowe

Setting

Overcast — Current Temperature: 54° F/12° C
Early Afternoon

It had been a rather slow day for the young hunter. She'd been spending the past week helping to look after @Naira's new puppies (the siblings were possibly the most adorable things Asta had seen. Ever) and hunting; she'd sought out small game she could catch herself, like hare and the occasional goat, and also trails that might lead to larger game, like deer and elk. This morning she'd been relieved of pup-sitting duties and made her way through and to the edges of the Pass and back again, her nose constantly working. By midafternoon, she'd caught a hare (which she'd shamefully eaten part of herself to keep going) and picked up on something else - something she deemed more important. Something she doubted she could do alone.

After following a small trail down by the stream, Asta had come across a small herd of deer - she counted only five or six of the animals. At least one was very young, but most were adults. A larger wolf might've braved an attack. A foolish wolf. Asta did not believe she was either of these things: she was petite, and not insane enough to attempt to hunt one of the lithe creatures on her own. Nor did she wish to give herself away. Making a quick mental note of the herd's location, she'd made her way closer to the territory's heart once again. There, she promptly seated herself and threw her head back. A single, high, sonorous note echoed into the air, a call for aid: I've found deer! Come hunt with me! With her message sung, the young wolf waited eagerly for any reply. She didn't mind who joined her, as long as they were able and willing. The pack could always use larger game.

She waited eagerly, that young wolf. It was a lovely afternoon, if not a little chilly... but then, she did live on a mountain now. It tended to be colder and snowcapped even when the rest of the land was turning green again. She did not anticipate it would make a difference for hunting however.

Allie
(This post was last modified: Jun 27, 2013, 09:36 PM by Asta.)