(See All?) Announcements
651 Users Online
Google, Bing

The Meaning of Life — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
OOC: Does Sloane wanna name Malia? Once they are named we can fade it out.

Narime dipped her head and sniffed around the little gray pup again. His breathing was much better which put the silver womans heart at ease. Shelicked him vigorously for a few minutes then glanced to Simaea and Sloane out of the corner of her blue eyes. Now that the pups were living, breathing, and safe in their new world Narime wondered what to do next. Quietly she lay her body down and smiled happily as the blind deaf pups wriggled close following her milk scent. After they had gathered at her belly the gray pup and the black pup began feeding while the rusty female crawled over her brothers. Nari flicked her tail inviting Simaea closer then nudged the rust pup over to a good place to feed. Then the silver wolf turned her gaze to Sloane and flattened her ears apologetically.

"I guess I'm a little too worried about them... Worried and nervous. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do." She voiced her fears to her mate and the healer glad to have each of them close. "But what I do know is that they still need names." Her blue gaze settled back onto each of the pups coats of reds, grays, and blacks. The biggest pup was suckling greedily. His sheer size reminded her of a titan. A monster told to her in stories long ago by Saquanchan Lospire. She closed her eyes remembering the older male who'd cared for her back in Dnakinna pack. Of all the packs members the alpha male seemed to understand her the most. He fed her endless curiosity with stories that were either made up or passed down through wanderers and family.

Opening her eyes Nari looked down on the black pup. Titan? Titan Thorben? She tilted her head and licked his back smoothing the fluffy black fur. Sure, he looked like a titan larger than his litter mates. "What about Titan Thorben for this one?" She looked back to Sloane eyes pleading for his acceptance of the name.

Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane smile at his mete in understanding. He'd begun to react the same way and he was sure that both of them would m[ake mistakes along the way. Hopefully most of them would be as easy to smooth over as this one. Simeae seemed to understand and he knew the young woman to have a kind heart. Inwardly he applauded Narime' for recovering so quickly and inviting the Healer closer after her aggressive reaction. A part of him wanted no one near their tiny helpless newborns, but he knew as Healer that the black fae would likely see a lot of them over time, especially with the little gray's rocky start and it was important to show her that they trusted her implicitly.

Then Narime' spoke of naming them and he felt his heart leap in his chest and then it tightened almost painfully with emotion. They were finally here. Living breathing little creations made up of he and his beloved. It almost didn't seem real. And somehow giving them names would cement the deal that they were individuals that would grow up one day, living, loving and making their own marks on the world. He was silent as he choked back emotion. He would have let it show more freely has Simaea not still been there for Narime' was the only one who truly knew what a softie he could be. Most others saw his strength and his kindness, but his bride and now their pups were the only ones that could tie him up in knots and wrap the huge alpha around their paws.

Titan? Hmmm... He looked down at the black male who greatly outsized his sister and fairly dwarfed his brother. Yes, that one would be strong and stout and he definitely showed his Thorben heritage in size, if not coloring. "Yes, I like Titan Thorben very much. It definitely suits him!" Then he looked at the other two, letting his gaze fall on the tiny red bundle. Even in the dim light her brassy coat shone clearly, once more reminding him of his sister. He wondered if she'd have her aunt's aunt's fiery temper too. Tempest had taken great pains to reign in hers as she grew, but she'd been a real spitfire as a pup! This one's earlier complaints hinted that it was a very strong possibility. She'd be his little princess every step of the way. He looked at Narime' and back to the girl-child and said, "Malia. You are my little princess. Malia Thorben." He hoped that Narime' approved for the name seemed to settle on her like a well-fitted cloak.

After a few moments of looking at his daughter lovingly, he turned to their last-born. He was small and he'd been born a bit ill, but Sloane knew that he was a fighter. He would survive and thrive as well. He had to. There simply was no other option. "What shall we name you, my little fighter?" he asked softly as he gently nuzzled his youngest.

(This post was last modified: Jul 13, 2013, 09:23 PM by Mapplethorpe.)
Knight of Honor
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
I got permission form Sim to skip her. Maybe @Simaea can finish up and fade out the thread?

She watched silently as her mate looked down at the dark pup. When his russet head lifted again and words of approval came out of his maw at her name, Titan for the pup, Nari's tail began thumping the ground. She smiled so happily that the silver wolf thought her face might be stuck that way. Then her gaze fell upon the other two wriggling pups. Narimé tried thinking of a name for each, and had come up with one possible name for the male. One that kinda just plopped into her head as she ran through made up words that would be used as names. However she could not think of a name for the little girl. Saryah? uh.. no.. maybe Gianna? no... She ran through a list of female names before pausing when Sloane voiced his try at a name.

She looked down at the little reddish rust pup following Sloanes amber gaze. Malia Thorben? She thought hard then giggled when the girl pup began squirming onto her brother Titan. "Malia...Malia Thorben."She let the name roll off her tongue and quietly agreed that it was a good one. Nodding her silver muzzle at the name Nari had no clue how much trouble this little pup would bring her in the future.

Moving her gaze onto the little male Narimé licks him once then begins wagging her tail again. Little excited whines pulsed from her throat expression her thankfulness that the pup was now healthy and moving around with no problems. She heard Sloane ask about a name for his "little fighter" and touched her nose to the pups silver coat.

"I'm positive you're name is Yuka. " This time she didn't look to Sloane for agreement. This pup just looked like a Yuka Thorben to her and that was that. "My babies. My little Titan, Malia, and Yuka. I'll never let anything bad happen to you." She nuzzled them while holding back a yawn. Nari was still tired from giving birth although it had been some time since then.

Quietly she lifted her head peering sideways at Sloane and licked whatever she could reach on him. Then placed her head upon her paw and let her body relax.

The silver female began to feel herself slip away into sleep again. Although this time she let the dark come awaiting some happy dreams that could greet her. (Exit Narimé)

Played by Ghoff who has 83 posts.
No Rank
Simaea Nite
I may have totally nailed that ending guys :)

The healer was silent and watching. Her eyes were soft now, with almost a motherly appearance, of course it did not match Narime's nor Sloane's for the pups were not hers. But in any case she was moved by the sight of the new parents naming their young Simaea sat closer now that Narime had invited her to do so and gazed happily at the pups. Titan she felt would be a protector of his siblings, where Malia, would certainly live up to Sloane's proclamation of being a princess. Yuka however would be the unknown, he may be the next alpha of a pack one day, or he may be a guardian, maybe even a healer. Where his siblings seemed to have their paths laid out before them Yuka was the wild card.

Simaea spoke at last in a low voice, but loud enough for her alphas to hear "Titan, Malia, and Yuka. Beautiful names, and I am sure that they will all be wonderful wolves someday." She stayed for a few more moments wondering at the meaning of life and what it had in store for the little family, and the rest of the pack. How would this wonderful year treat them? Simaea could only hope for good things to come about in the future for if she did not hope for life what did she have? After all, maybe that was the true meaning of life, to have hope and faith, to make your own path as these young ones surely would. With that thought in her head Simaea spoke once more just before Narime faded into sleep. "I must be going, you are tired and I have herbs to collect, I shall see you soon Narime to check on the four of you." With a smile at the word "four" Simaea squeezed back into the cavern and made her way towards the forest, she had much to do still.