(See All?) Announcements
520 Users Online
Bing, Google

This Will Be Our Year — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
For @Hollow only.
Partly Cloudy - 55 degrees F.

She should feel the happiness pouring within her as she gazed down upon her three beauties that she had birthed into the world. Tacoma, Ashton, and Danica all lay beneath her, suckling on what she had to offer to them. It had been a long few weeks holing up in her den and she could not wait until she would be able to get back on her feet again. She looked over each of them, just waiting to know what they would truly look like when they matured well enough. Tacoma, the largest of the litter, for the time being had his father’s coat, which gave her the warm feeling she always had when she would look at Koda. Then there was Ashton, the small guy reminded her of her younger brother, Ash, which was why he was named similar to him. Then there was Danica, the small female who too, had the similar pelt as her father, which Nina did not mind at all. They would be an interesting bundle of pups, and with Ashanti’s own running around Nina knew that the pack would have to work much harder.

It was easy to remember how much labor each member of Copper Rock Creek had to pull with three pups running around, adding one more to the mix would just prove to be interesting. She knew she would try her best to be supportive to the rest of the pack and help them out as much as she possibly could. He small struggles with hunting always seemed to give her slight problems though, and eventually, it would seem as though she would give up on her hunting dream. She knew in the end she would not though and that soon, it would be time for her pups to open their eyes and for them to see their kingdom and the world around them. She knew it was time for her to see someone else. One of her pack mates’ presences would be highly appreciated, as long as they did not come too close to her and her children. With this thought in mind, she let her body curl protectively around her offspring and head lay down on the rocky floor as she waited for anything exciting to happen. Well…as long as it was not anything dangerous.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
The patrols were done for the time being. Everything seemed to be calm save for a few things that weighed on the young male's mind. Azariah had not yet been seen, it was tearing him apart from the inside out, just wondering where she could be. Had it been a few weeks earlier he would have gone and searched for her, now it was out of the question, Nina had whelped and so had Ashanti, with only Iopah, Koda and Liam to help out there would be an immense amount of work to be done. While Koda and Hollow could focus on the border patrols, Iopah and Liam could hunt. At least that was how he rationalized it in his own way. In the end Hollow was not granted the ability to order anything at all to be done, though he would make a point to mention it soon, as an idea for the alphas to mull over.

That was only one part of the midnight pelted wolf's troubles, there was still the matter of Bane; Ashanti's unplanned, and unwanted child. Hollow had to be sure that she and Bane got just as much attention as Nina and her litter of pups, which meant being sure she was always fed so that he may be. To add to that, the dark male felt he had to show very clearly that Ashanti and Bane would be accepted and loved just as much as Nina's pups. Which of course led to the final matter of Nina's pups. Hollow knew the names, Ashton, Tacoma, and Danica, but still had not seen them or Nina. At first it was due to a petrifying fear of the birthing den, but now he was just so busy.

Hollow gave a shake to his coat which had become almost dull and somewhat shaggy with his constant worry for his golden beauty. From where he stood halfway between the border and the dens at the mouth of his small second home, he made up his mind. It was high time he made an appearance to Nina and the children. Though Hollow was sure he needn't do so immediately and that Nina would most likely understand if he was reluctant to visit them until they grew enough to exit the den, he still wanted to make the appearance. After all Nina was probably at her wits end stuck in a hole all day and night. With that thought and a smile hanging on his lips he set a steady pace to the den, ignoring the signs of life in the undergrowth for the moment.

When Hollow did finally reach the den, he steeled himself just in case he was met with angry snarls and growls. Tentatively he stuck his nose just inside the entrance to Nina's den and called softly, "Nina? are you there? May I came on and see the new members of Secret Woodlands?" Hopefully she would let him in so he could see if she was being as well fed as he had hoped. Hollow also wanted to see just what the future of Secret Woodlands looked like.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The mother sat in silence for several moments, her single emerald eye gleaming in the dim light. It came to a small start to her when the head of Hollow popped into her den and his voice, quiet and soft graced her ears. She was pleased to see that the male had enough respect to politely ask if he could come in. Shifting her body, if anything, closer to her children, she called back to him, pleased that his voice was so soft. "Yes, Hollow. Please, come meet the children." She allowed her tail to curl protectively around the balls of fur suckling to get their fair share of meal. Tacoma, the largest one(at the moment) quietly laying there, his body still, but the small twitching of his body signaling that he was much alive was closest to her face. Next to him was Danica, a lively daughter she was, always wondering off and almost going out of the den. Then there was Ashton, the small boy reminded her highly of her brother, his quiet yet lively ways a mix between his brother and sister, but much quieter than Tacoma ever was. She loved her children and she knew that she would have a fine time with them. A high concern of hers, however, was Ashanti.

The female had been forced against her will and Nina worried for her sake constantly. Clearing her throat softly now that Hollow was within the den, she spoke gently, "I’m almost sorry to ask you this since you came to see the pups, but….is Ashanti doing alright?" Her single emerald eye glimmered in concern and her voice held much emotion within them. She felt terrible for what had happened to the girl, for if she would have known that she was going on a herb trip, she would have sent another along with her. Usually, Nina never had a novice leave the pack area to continue training without another wolf accompanying them. Though, since Ashanti had not known this, she supposed that it was partially Nina’s fault. If she would have paid more attention that day, perhaps the woman would be fine now. If only there weren’t so many ‘if’s.’

No Rank
Hollow Nite
Hollow was granted entrance to the den almost immediately and he eased himself inside the rest of the way and settled down a distance away. Close enough to see the squirming little balls of fur, and Nina curled protectively around them, yet far enough away to keep all of his fur intact. Silently he gazed upon the future of the pack and wondered what they would be like. Would they all be guardians? Would they be hunters? Maybe one of those little Reiners would live to create the next great pack of Relic Lore. It snatched the breath right out of the midnight male's chest, the future lay at the belly of a leader. It was helpless now, until they grew, then the future would have a face, four faces, including Bane's.

At Nina's question, Hollows lips pulled into a straight line and his shoulders sagged. Of course she would ask about Ashanti, it's her business to know. "She is, as good as she will be for now, her mind is still fragile but I think if we can hold her here she will be okay, I'm just afraid she may run away again, I can't help her this time. We just have to hope. The least I can say though is the pup is healthy, she named it Bane." Hid voice held a flat tone when he said the name "Bane" for the more he thought about it, the more sense it made. The pup was not named specifically for a good friend. It was named for being a bane to the cream furred mother, It would forever carry the brand of being a bastard child. Hollow's heart broke a little more when he wondered what Nina thought of it, whether she could ever make a name so cruel to brand one of her young for life.

(This post was last modified: May 21, 2013, 09:29 PM by Hollow.)
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

She could tell by the way of his creased eyebrows that something was bothering him. The golden brown lady was unsure if it was something she had said or asked, or if it had simply been triggered by one of his own thoughts. She felt bad though, Nina did not like to cause her own family members any discomfort. When he did answer her question though, it was time for her brows to crease. Again? Nina had not known that Ashanti had run away a first time, and so without thinking about it, she absent-mindedly asked, "Again? Hollow, I had no knowledge that she had run away a first time." She listened on to what he had to say though, and when the name of the pup came upon his lips, she cringed away. Bane was known in the Healer turn, at least to her, as deadly…a poison. Why the young girl had decided to name her pup this was not a mystery to Nina…and she quietly whispered to herself, "She thinks that he is a poison to her…"

Biting her tongue hard, for she had not meant to say anything out loud, she tried to turn the topic onto a lighter subject. For both her own horrified state, and Hollow’s own well being. The man did not need to be stressed out about anything else within the pack, so instead, she decided to name the pups out to him. "This here is Tacoma…my first born," she spoke softly and she pointed to the largest one of the litter with her muzzle, his creamy fur an easy stand out compared to her own pelt and that of his brother. Then turning towards Ashton, and letting her tongue flick out and smooth his fur back, she spoke gently once again, "This is Ashton, my second born. He reminds me of my brother." She then looks towards her daughter, the lively one of the litter and laughed softly as she squirmed around, trying to get in a comfortable spot, "And this is Danica, my third born…and only daughter." The princes and princess of Secret Woodlands would now be known to one of her most trusted subordinates. She then looked towards Hollow, curious as to what he thought.

No Rank
Hollow Nite
As she spoke, Nina made Hollow realize he had never told her of the incident where Ashanti had run away. Hollow had used harsh words, and probably been part of the reason she left, but she had needed it. She had needed to face herself, to see the truth in what he had been forced to say. Hollow had known deep down that she was not blackhearted, but she had to see that for herself which in the end she had seen it, or at least she seemed to have pretty well figured it out.. Hopefully there would not be a second incident. So in a rather embarrassed tone, he said, "Ah it seems with being so busy I hadn't told you, she left a few days before she delivered and returned the night Bane was born. Ashanti was having a tough time, and I just couldn't follow her with you back here so I had to stay and hope for the best." Her last comment was forced from his mind, there would be time to deal with that later, for now there were puppies to meet.

With that out of the way he listened happily while Nina introduced him to her pups, Hollow's shaggy black tail began to wag furiously while she went through their names. All three of the little bundles squirmed and wriggled for positions at her belly. Hollow's eyes softened and concern left his shoulders, for now he would only gaze at a distance for Nina's mother instincts could still be rather ferocious. But all the same it warmed his heart to see the helpless bundles, pure and untainted by worry and heartache, no tragedy had they seen, no pain had they felt. They were but vessels for life to shape, and Hollow couldn't help but wonder who they would be once more. "Hello little ones! I can't wait till you are all allowed of this stuffy old den, maybe your mother will let me show you your home!." The dark male spoke softly to the small bundles with a happy tone, and looked back up at Nina. "You are lucky to be a mother to such a stout, healthy group of pups."

(This post was last modified: May 28, 2013, 10:49 AM by Hollow.)
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

With Hollow’s response to her first words, she blew them off easily, flicking her tail behind her and signaling that it was nothing that he had to worry about. The alpha’s single eye did not leave the figure of the young Guardian in front of her. Her motherly instincts were already screaming at her to get Hollow out of the area and away from her precious children. She didn’t though, for she knew that she could trust the young man not to hurt the three little balls of fur beneath her. Each one of them held a part of her and her love that no one else within the pack would ever be able to possess. Even though Ashanti was also a mother and her son was a part of her pack, did not mean that the child was going to risen to the hierarchy. Yes, the pup would be treated as if he was any other member, as well as any other pup, but he would not become royalty. He would have to rise up within the ranks to do so.

Hollow’s voice resonated in her ears once again, drawing her attention away from her thoughts and towards the dark man who sat in front of the pair. It was nice to see how her members would interact with her children, one of them being the Second that she dearly trusted and that had been with her since the start. Iopah, Ashanti, Hollow…all three of them had stuck with their word. Swearing their loyalty to her had not gone unbroken, at least not intentionally, and Nina understood in that sense. She would never imagine pushing a comrade away who was in need of help. It was when Hollow’s voice addressed her did her eyebrows shoot up. Smiling a little bit, she spoke calmly, "Thank you, Hollow. Have you seen or heard from Azariah yet?" At this the woman’s brows creased in concern, remembering the worry that Hollow had put himself through when they had not heard from the yearling in awhile. Hopefully, something had been heard from the yearling.

No Rank
Hollow Nite
He knew it was not a question Nina had wanted to ask but had to, Azariah, was a constant worry. He was terrified to think of where she had gone what had happened, for surely if his love was gone his heart would surely break. He would be changed forever, lost once more, never again to feel her fur or see her face, the sadness in his eyes making them fade to a dull blue, and nearly extinguishing the green ring. There was but one answer to give and Hollow wished it were a different answer, But this time he felt the need to confide in his leader. To tell her how he felt, he had to tell someone or it would overflow and hurt his heart.

"No. I haven't seen her... Nina I'm worried, I'm scared. I don't know if something's happened, or if I'll ever see her again." A soft whine followed his words, a fear realized. She could be gone forever. His heart began to ache, it had manifested into physical pain when he spoke. and further scared his features into a saddened gaze. As if he had taken a particularly harsh blow to his belly, which was turning and twisting. "I can't leave though... I can't search for her, I have to hope she will return, I have to be here for you, and the pack." His last words were almost a whisper, it hurt, and it hurt bad just to think of where she could be.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

It was when she saw the expression cross over Hollow’s face that she already knew the answer to the sad question that she had asked. Azariah was not here, and Hollow’s words backed up everything that she had already thought. His pain, pained her, made the pull to get close to him and comfort her stronger than everything…except her strong protective desire over her newly born pups. None the less, she got off of her behind, and even though the pups started squealing loudly behind her, she wrapped her golden neck around Hollow, trying to give him the comfort that she knew that he needed. Nina could feel her heart throbbing for the young man in front of her who had fallen in love so easily. She knew that she could not help him but that she could give him hope.

Taking a deep breath and pulling away, wrapping her tail around the three balls of fur beneath her, she stared at Hollow, her emerald eye glimmering in the darkness. Opening her mouth she let her words flow, "The only thing you have is Hope, Hollow. Without hope there is no life and if there is no life there is no happiness." Thinking about her words carefully she knew they made perfect sense to her, but she was not sure if she could “dumb it down” anymore for Hollow. However, she knew that the young man was much wiser beyond his years and maybe he truly would understand the meaning of what she was saying.

No Rank
Hollow Nite
Hollow knew for sure that Nina had a perfect feeling for what he was going through. Though most of the time, it was an unseen ache, something hidden from view to the rest of the pack. Not many knew of his attachment to Azariah, few in the pack had truly noticed, and those that initially had were gone. If he could, Hollow would have gone to Sloane, for he was the one that first heard Hollow's true feelings towards the golden she wolf. The moment Nina stretched herself forwards abandoning her pups for a moment to reach out to him, in a caring display. Her neck wrapped around his for a moment before she returned and his heart broke even more and the pieces fell to the dusty floor of the den before his eyes.

If he could have Hollow would have cried right then, cried for everything that got lost. But cried for Azariah especially, for even if she had moved to some other place, it would not have destroyed him as badly as the image of a broken golden body that seemed to always force itself to the front of his mind. Nina's words rang true to the young male, he had to keep the hope alive that burned ever so weakly in his heart. Though shattered as he felt, as long as that tiny ray remained he could still be okay. If she did come back it could be mended by her mere touch. With Nina's support, so gracefully given to two young hearts Hollow knew he could keep the hope alive, and that even if she was gone forever, he would survive. Even if only part of him did. With his heart still heavy and a smile full of gratitude, Hollow spoke. "Yes Nina, I think everything will work out well in the end, one way or the other."

Hollow's young voice was once more strong, reinforced by his leaders encouragement. But of course there was other business to be mentioned. So Hollow shook the sad gleam from his eyes, and shifted his position a little. The time for his grief had passed, he now had a little more of the hope that had been slowly slipping away from him, thanks to Nina, and now it was time for different happier matters. "On a lighter note, I'm happy to say that there haven't been any disturbances at the borders, and the sickness seems to be completely gone."