(See All?) Announcements
513 Users Online
Google, Bing

I've got a dark alley and a bad idea that says you should shut your mouth — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 10 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Corsair Fleetwood
corvus corvum nigrum nominat
Corsair Fleetwood
The crow calls the raven black

It had taken several days to travel from the brook and up the spine. For some reason he felt he should travel to the mountain, and ahead it still loomed. Already he was thinking it a foolish pursuit. The climb was steep, the game was sparse at best and he had taken to gnawing moss and lichen from boulders just to ease some of the tearing pain in his gut. His tongue stuck to the roof of his mouth as his muzzle wrinkled in distaste. There was no water to be found, and he knew unless he found some soon he would need to turn back, and make his way into the low lands again.

It was a chance gust of wind that bought the scent to him, and for a moment he almost thought it a dream, some cruel illusion intent on dragging him to his demise. But he figured he could last a little longer yet.

Wearily dragging aching limbs forward, he continued upwards, until beneath his feet the land began to flatten and grass began to sprout between the boulders. Puzzlement was clear on his face as the vision unfurled before him. A lake, nestled in the lower footholds of the mountain, spread out before him like a vision of heaven. He made haste to the waters edge to drink his fill before his nose discerned the scents that had been there all along. The frequent criss-crossing of trails and tracks that marked this as a local haunt. That indicated there was a pack nearby.

It went against all of his own beliefs to do so, but the gnawing in his gut and the ever present loneliness were suddenly overbearing. Yes they would expect things of him, but he was a master of providing little but disappointment and it wasn’t like he would care. All he had to do was convince them otherwise - not something he imagined would be overly difficult. Besides, he didn’t have to stay forever, just long enough to fill out his frame again and see if he could catch some sign of the silver siren...

His muzzle tipped to the clouded sky as he called out his greetings, and waited to see if they would be answered by one or the local inhabitants.

☽ ✦ ☾
template made by GINNYSAURUS. of RPG-D.
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
Sorry it took me so long to get to this, I have been extremely busy! <3 PM me if I'm wrong and I'll edit it, but is he just outside of their borders of by the lake? If so, I could change it. <3

Days seemed to drag by not that the secret was out. Aphrodite and Ash had not seen much of one another since the Guardian had released the bomb of him not being her father. He felt horrible for telling the young girl, but figured that he might as well tell her while she was still young instead of when she was older. It was obvious she had understood though, for she had reacted quiet harshly towards him. Soon, he hoped things would be resolved between the pair though, he did not wish for things to be tense. Not just with the pup but with the entire pack. Sometimes he did feel like Poison Path was becoming out of line. He constantly had to reassure some that their family was not falling apart and that everything would turn out alright in the end.

He was not expecting a call to come from outside of his borders. Ever since the pups had been born the pack had not accepted any new members…and after he thought about it for a little while, he believed that they had not accepted new members for awhile now. None the less, he knew it was his job to answer such a call close to his home, especially with the children at such a young age still. Flicking his tail, he stretched and yawned before calmly making his way towards his borders, his tail and head rising to a high position. Seeing the man at their borders, his teeth pulled back, relaying a silent message to the man to get down on his elbows and bow before him. If not, the loner would have to live through the consequences.

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Inactive No Rank
Corsair Fleetwood
XD I know how it gets, my replies will probably be slow too so don’t feel bad! Yes he’s outside the borders by the lake :)

Corsair Fleetwood

It didn’t take long for his call to be answered, and though his half-lidded stare could be mistaken for boredom it was clear the man who would soon come before him held some standing. The brown wolf’s irritable gait caused an involuntary twitch of Corsair’s own muzzle, his head tilted low enough to conceal the momentary flash of a fang. It had been so long since he had even thought of bowing to another, or any of the typical ritual that one might expect at such a meeting, and it was a battle to hold his tail low and stop his hackles from raising in response to what could be perceived as a charge. At least he had had the manners to hang back and wait, surely that would gain points in his favour?

His ears pinned back to his skull and his spine arched pulling his legs closer together. His legs bent just enough to hold himself lower than the approaching pack wolf, but he would not touch his belly or his back to the ground if it could be avoided. Dark lips were pulled taught against his teeth and his chin tilted to the side, offering his throat in submission instead. Focusing his lime green eyes over the shoulder of his companion instead of locking eyes in what could be seen as a challenge he was the perfect picture of being submissive without being spineless. He was thin now, but it was more from a lack of fat than from muscle loss just yet. He could be an asset, if it was guardians that they needed. He was clearly too slow to be much of a hunter. He did not open his mouth to speak just yet - he would not do that until he was spoken to.

☽ ✦ ☾
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

The man stood tall, keeping an eye on the dark male in front of him. In satisfaction, he watched as the newcomer sank low, though perhaps not as low as he would have preferred, it was enough. Ash was accustomed to some of his pack mates not submitting as much as others but this situation was different; this man was a loner, a newcomer, someone he did not know. The bare of his throat made up for such actions though, knowing that the easily exposed throat was something that the large Guardian could easily sink his canines into his soft flesh. No words were spoken between the two large males and finally Ash spoke, "State your name and business here."

He tail waved high above his back and his mossy green eyes remained trained on the man in front of him. If this man had no reason for coming here except for tiny conversation than the alpha would have better things to do instead of standing before this wolf. He should be making amends with Aphrodite or even try adding some source of food to the caches. In the meantime the brown brute remained still, careful to keep an eye on this new fellow. He did want any foul actions towards him or his pack. He had a family to protect and if it meant chasing or bringing down a threat, he knew he would do it. No matter who the wolf of interest was.

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Inactive No Rank
Corsair Fleetwood
Corsair Fleetwood

Straight down to business. Just the way he liked it. “My name is Corsair and to put it simply, I’m looking for a pack, yours is the first I have stumbled by...” Not a lie, but hardly the full truth either. He was looking for someone, everyone was looking for someone, but the burley male before him would struggle to pick up the and in his tone. He was confident, brash, and his words were spoken to the fact, while his body maintained its respectfully submissive stance. He still would not roll over like some eager yearling - his build was large and heavy-set and clearly he was not used to submitting to anyone. Surely a pack as ragged as this one would have some need of a guard?

“I couldn’t help but notice this pack is on the smaller side.” he added conversationally. Their scents were clearly strewn about and it wasn’t just adults, but pups as well. “It would suit me better to be somewhere where I would be more appreciated for the services I can offer.” His words were smooth, allowing the leader before him to come to his own assumptions about what those services may be. “I only wish to have a purpose again, and a place to proudly call my home... but if you have no use for me...” his voice trailed off and his large frame turned to the side, ready to slink away if he was deemed unwanted. He could make a den nearby regardless and continue to chase up what he thought was a whiff of his quarry either way.

☽ ✦ ☾