(See All?) Announcements
556 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

Oak Tree Bend Pack Thread — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alisha who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Oliver Carmond
Oliver stomped across the packlands, face pinched and stomach growling. It was late, and cold, but those factors only served to put him off more- where was she? Surely she would let him know if she was okay. That blizzard....why did everything good in life have to be taken away? It was unfair. Purpose gave force to his steps as he came near the den, small and shivering, but either unaware of his own state, or ignoring it. IT didn't matter what he felt when she was out there in much worse. He had to find her- he had to.

It was an unfortunate side effect of staying active 24/7 that he had to stop every few hours and eat something. Eating wasted time, but was terrible necessary. With limits on what he could hunt in the snow, Oliver had been regulated to a rather curtailed radius around the pack territory and it drove him crazy. He had to go further. Grumbling, he dug up a cache and took out a plump mouse to gnaw upon, not noticing the other new wolf in his presence.
Played by Poppin' who has 48 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Phyrrus Nereus Monodora
Preparing for the worst she stared on with corrugated brows. But the ruckus was only a black male that was about her age. He stomped out of the woods. His dark fur was rough and spiked, along with his appearance, he seemed to be upset. Her eyes narrowed, realizing that he had not yet noticed her. She readjusted her position confidently and then cleared her throat loudly. She waited for him to turn around. Phyrrus smiled and dipped her head politely."I'm Phyrrus Monodora." She introduced herself and then addressed the dusty mans state. "You seem upset, is there anything I can do to help you out?" She watched him chew on a small being, bones crunching softly. Her dark brows raised, trying to be kind and empathetic. The situation was awkward, being a member of a pack and then finding a stranger next to their den. She realized this after a few numb moments and took a few wide sidesteps. With a better look, he didn't appear to be a threat. His body was nimble and small, but still this was no reason to be arrogant or dominant. She lowered her head in respect but kept her tall stance poised.
(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2015, 05:27 PM by Phyrrus.)
  [Image: jjjjjjjj%20copy_zpsieqam7x9.png]
[Image: kjjjj_zpsws1xjeg3.png]

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Oliver Carmond
More sleep addled then he wanted to be, it was a delayed moment in which his ears finally recognized that someone was talking to him. Phyrrus, was it? ......What was she doing at the den? Eyes finally shifting from space to look at her form, Oliver took a precautionary whiff to find Spieden's- and by association, Oak Tree Bend's- scent upon her fur. Hackles flattened as he realized she belonged.

"Oliver. Unless you want to travel for miles through ice and snow, I don't think you can do much. Spieden let you in?" He hadn't had much interaction with the new alpha-ess, but he didn't not like her. Was kinda late to be letting strangers in though. The thought didn't bother him for long- with a swift attacking method the mouse he plucked was gone. He got up to leave, shaking his fur once, and bobbing his head curtly towards the newcomer. "If you need questions answered, please make it snappy. I have go back out there soon, before another storm hits."
Phyrrus Nereus Monodora
She watched him look from the den to her, his face read confused and then changed to an irritated scowl. Phyrrus didn't know if this was aimed at her or something else, either way she kept a stoney face. After making her own journey, traveling another few miles felt like backpacking across the world. She didn't know Oliver well and didn't want to take the risk of being with him for a long period of time. She kindly turned the offer down with a short nod. Oliver stood to leave and then shot her with a blunt toss of words. Her brows furrowed, even though she was working on being empathetic, this was a stretch. "I am fine thank you, I wish you luck on your journey." The thought occurred that someone might want to know where this gentleman might be heading. "Should I tell someone about you leaving? Or..." She nodded her head back to where Spieden left. Phyrrus wanted to make a good impression so by telling someone about his absence would do both him and her well.
(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2015, 05:28 PM by Phyrrus.)
  [Image: jjjjjjjj%20copy_zpsieqam7x9.png]
[Image: kjjjj_zpsws1xjeg3.png]

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Oliver Carmond
Oliver sighed, tired, but not wanting to be entirely rude. Interaction was too much when he was only functioning at a low social capacity. "That would be best, they should know what I'm up to. If Spieden or Triell need me, tell them I'll be in the Red Hills this time around........and.....thanks for caring to ask. Wonderful manners for a newcomer." He began to trot away back into the night, giving a wave to Phyrrus.

"In case you ever need to treat an injury or something, just howl out for me, and meet me by the medicine den. Nice to know you'll be joining us for winter, Phyrrus."
(This post was last modified: Jan 12, 2015, 03:58 AM by Oliver.)
Phyrrus Nereus Monodora
Phyrrus lowered her gaze, the sound of Oliver's sigh had her a little worried. He was tired and traveling would just add stress and exhaustion. Her eyes looked on in sorrow for this frantic and distressed gentleman. He answered after a while, her ears flicked at the sound of a new wolf. Who is that? She wondered. Phyrrus had already met the alpha-ess Spieden. Was he talking about the other alpha? Her interest was dulled as he continued to speak. He thanked her and commented on her manors, she smiled and nodded in appreciation. He turned to leave with a civill wave and mentioned something about a medicine den. "Thanks! I'll see you around." She called out, and with that, he was gone. Feeling quite pleased that she had met a new member of the pack. Even though the start of the introduction was icy, she still knew that Oliver would be a pleasant guy to hang out with later. She was again, alone. With a firm intention to help out, she started to dust the snow off the den with long sweeps of her tail.
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

A fine powder of snow was drizzling down over the woods as the successful hunter returned to his pack with his prey. Despite that though, the chilly air no longer nibbled at nose and paws, it had grown steadily warmer over the past weeks. And if that wasn't enough, the larger bird lodged between the black wolf's jaws was certain proof; its return to the lands was a clear sign that spring was under way, and though it was not as nice and plum as its kind would be in another few months, it was a grand price. It dangled merrily as he trotted through the trees.

With a triumphant smile, Drestig Avalong entered the clearing of the great oak, and trotted up to it, dropping his catch under its protective branches. There might not yet be leaves on them yet, but their large arms still offered some shelter from the weather. The ebony chap cast a glance around the area, resting his eyes briefly on the nearby den before looking up t the sky; he caught a glimpse of the sun through the grey clouds, standing near the highest point it would reach this time of year. There wasn't likely to be many wolves around at this hour. Pity... He thought, looking back down at his kill, like everything else, geese were best fresh, but he wasn't gonna eat it alone; if no one else showed up to share it with him, he would add it to the plentiful cashes between the oaks roots.

"speech"
OAK TREE Bend
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D

pride12
Played by becuffin who has 42 posts.
Inactive VI. Yearling
Drift Tainn
@Sahalie @Triell @Spieden

20 June, Early Morning, Sunny and Warm

It was cold. It seemed more often than not that was how the boy found himself. His sister blended so well with the dark and while he could hear her shuffling about somewhere off to his right he couldn’t make out her outline in the dim light. “Mmm” he whined, his isolation causing the child a tightness in his chest. Surely their dark guardian, the one that made his tummy full and kept them warm would return sooner than later but that concept he couldn’t yet grasp as he shuffled about in the dark. “Sah-ee.” he pleaded to the shadows. He wasn’t ready to face the world alone just yet.

[Image: drift-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Kydnt who has 244 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Spieden Coho
@Drift

They were not hers, and she felt no pull of love or family tie to the other leader's offspring. But they were small, helpless, and did not deserve to die through no fault of their own. The pack had already suffered enough losses, and to let them wither away would have weighed heavily on her. It was a sense of duty, the same draw that caused her to hunt or protect for her pack that brought Spieden back to the den after her rounds that morning, tuned towards the squeaks and whimpers of the cubs. She tried to be attentive as she could, but was not particularly eager to return to playing the role of virgin mother. She had little to give them of either milk or love, but felt like she could at least try to offer what she could. 

She sighed a soft huff as she tread quietly into the den, finding first the pale coated Drift, then the darker coated Sahalie as her eyes adjusted to the shadows. "Mornin', kids," Spieden greeted as she sat down beside the boy, nudging his ash colored head with a wet nose.
Played by TABs who has 12 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Víðarr Eyjólfur

Vidarr had been accepted by the alpha female, and now he gladly roamed around the territory trying to familiarize himself with his surroundings. The wolf had first taken a lap around the border unsure if he wanted to travel much farther into Oak Tree Bend territory and meet his other new pack mates. However curiosity got the better of him. That and maybe the oak tree root that had tripped him near the end of his patrol around the border. The root had hurt, and his ankle of course wasn't feeling so great. So he'd decided to try and find the den to rest up. Veed was quite used to this kind of pain though. All throughout the white youths life his weak ankles had rolled and nearly killed him. Once he almost fell off of a mountain because of them. At least here in the forest he was on flat ground and wouldn't fall off of anything. So long as he wasn't tree climbing anyway.

The young white wolf barely limped into the clearing where a huge amount of wolf scent layered the earth. He picked out more than seven other wolf scents in this area alone which told Veed that he must have been approaching a sleeping area. Or maybe it was the pups den, in which case he wasn't totally sure if he wanted to be around pups. Especially since he could trip at any time and smash the poor pups with his weight. Veed sniffed around and to his dread found the scents of pups as well as the adult wolves. His brows creased as the wolf's muzzle reverberated with sad whimpers. If I go in there I'll fall on them and be stupid. Then the others will hurt me... He fretted over the image of himself falling over a wolf and hurting someone other than himself. He did not want that! So instead of stepping inside of the den the poor boy decided to sit outside of it. He was tired and just wanted to rest for a little while. Maybe they would let his ankle heal up before he had to go out and do something.

"speech"

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »