(See All?) Announcements
445 Users Online
Bing, Google, Apollo, Nadine

At what could be the brink of death — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildOne'sFallenWolves who has 20 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Charlotte Rose
(I asked Lighting if I could make a thread after our fighting thread since it is not complete; she said it was fine.)

[Image: heroresized_by_7wild7at7heart7-d67vdxa.png]
charlotte rose
thin skinned calcium sipper

The women she had met a had not been forgotten by the young girl, and now in dire need of help she was returning. She remembered the alpha saying something about needing hunters or something and right now she would love to aid. The dark wolf had came from Mountain of Dire where Ash Hervok had dealt her some serious wounds. Panting hard she was forced to lay down gingerly, *I, I don't think I can go any farther.* She told herself as she battled to keep her eyes open. The path between her shoulders hurt horribly and made it hell to walk. Every single step she took would send a searing pain down her front legs and back.

*STAY AWAKE!* She yelled at herself repeatedly in her mind, she knew the chances of her waking would be slim. She had been forcing herself to stay awake for the entire trip here, refusing to let herself sleep at all and it had drained her. After a few minutes she began getting up. In doing so she tore the scab some and pus filled blood spilled out. A painful grimace took over her face and she once again attempted to reach the wound to clean it. Sadly she could not and only further more damaged it. She looked forward inhaling deeply for the familiar scent of the elegant women...so many smells began clouding her noise. It took her a decent amount of time but she picked up the stale scent of where the deer had been and the scuffle went down. Slowly she walked in that detection unsure of how far away it was and if she really could make it.

Charlotte fell as a jolt raced through her shoulder, and she was so close...she knew it. That buck had been in this area! She was certain. Groaning sorely she looked ahead of her through all the thick grass....*I, no, I can't. I must....try.*She thought weakly as her world began to slowly go black. The fea didn't give up. She was fighting like a mad wolf just to peel her eyes open and keep them open. The task proved hard but she wouldn't give in and soon she was pulling herself up. She had never realized before how much will power she had, a new found confidence filled her. "I CAN DO THIS!" She suddenly yelled without realizing she was even about to. A shock filled her at how bold, strong, and stutter free it had been. Successfully on her paws she started off for the meeting spot and this didn't take long at all. As she came to a stop she pulled the aroma of the other wolf to her nose, it was so faint, but she had to find this fea.

Trusting her nose she fallowed it's lead, occasionally loosing her trail as she went. It must of took an hour or so but she reached the stench of marked borders. Lifting her head as far as her wound would allow a howl emitted from her maw but was cut off as she yet again fell down. This time she didn't fight the blackness, she couldn't. No wolf could fight it off forever and now she fell in line to this. Her world became a dream of her younger days with Iris. It was some of her more better and enjoyable memories from her pup-hood without the teasing of her siblings or abusing of her uncle. No, Iris had been too protective of her friend and no one messed with the princess.....

(This post was last modified: Jun 05, 2013, 06:51 AM by Charlotte.)
Thanks Mimi for OOC/IC avatars plus my first table!
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Once more Nari had left the pups. This time glad that her pack mates were all over keeping an eye out. She was getting more and more comfortable with her own pack mates around the pups. Nari knew that she would have to show them to the others very soon. Perhaps I've been over protective? She wondered quietly as the silver she wolf lapped up the water out of one of the lower tunnels in the cave. Chilled air prickled her fur as the young mother lifted her head slightly; her eyes growing used to the dark.

Tossing her head back, the she wolfs eyes peered through the shadows at her path back out of the cave. Narimé could drink water, she was drinking plenty of it, but food was still upsetting her. A long time problem now that she knew needed to be dealt with. However there were so many other things to do and the she wolf was too busy trying to keep the pups safe and eating enough so that they had enough food themselves.

Outside of the cave she began trotting back towards the birthing den. The gray wolf had chosen a small rabbit from their cache to nibble on. Once she got to the den Nari checked on each of her little bundles. Noting that they were alright she laid outside the den and chewed off the rabbits left back leg. It was gone in a few famished gulps. However Narimé knew she'd have to pace herself if her stomach was going to keep everything down.

The wind whispered through the grass and trees.

Then a howl sounded. The silver queens ears shot forward listening to the tone trying to figure out who it was. Worry pricked at her face when the howl seemed to be cut off by something.

She gave her own howl asking for who it was still slightly confused at the somewhat familiar call. For a few more minutes she listened for an answer, but none came. Worry made her pelt bristle. Quickly she took one last look at the pups and scented around for possible dangers. Done with that task the gray wolf brought her rabbit with her worried that the scent of it would bring scavengers to her den, and thus to the pups inside. Although she suddenly did not feel like eating it the woman would take it with her the drop it someplace far enough away from the pups.

About two minutes away from the border Nari dropped the tiny mutilated rabbit. She then kept her nose out scenting the area for any intruders. As the young alpha neared the borders she scented the metallic scent of blood. Wolf's blood... Her hackles immediately went up while the gray wolf trotted up the border searching for the injured wolf.

Stopping at a small tree her blue gaze settled on the ground gazing down at a dark figure laying upon the ground. At first Nari thought the shadow woman was dead, but her ears caught the faint breathing and rapid heartbeat that held onto Charlotte's soul keeping her alive.

She's knocked out cold... Nari thought quietly while nosing around the darker woman's still body. Narimé remembered who this was now. The gray woman knew that this was the yearling who'd fought her for a meal not too long ago. How did she get this injured? She needs help, and she called for me I believe... Making a quick decision to help Charlotte Nari lifted her head and called for the only wolf she could think of who might be able to aid the ailing wolf.

"@Simaea if you are there! I need you! " She called letting her howl rise up in octive with worry laced through her voice.

Played by Ghoff who has 83 posts.
No Rank
Simaea Nite
(PPing Nari a little, let me know if you would like it changed TABs)
Blackness, fading into the light, a meadow, a stream, mother, father, Hollow, and Cane. It was a dream she knew, for Cane, mother, and father were gone, she and Hollow were the only two left. Still Simaea let the warmth of the sight flow through her, happiness she had not known in some time flowed like water. Ever since she had seen the grey pup sneeze, the moment it's cry had pierced the air, Simaea had gotten more sleep. The first night she saw mother, father and Cane, they all told her how proud they were. Even Shantai appeared to her, saying that she was indeed growing into her own as a healer, and that she would be, a "damn fine one too." So content she was, she did not hear the first call, the one cut short. But she did hear the second.

Simaea sat bolt upright and scented the air, sleep clouding her judgment of distance. Trying to pinpoint just where the howl had come from. Without a further thought, Simaea bolted from her den stopping only for a moment to check that the pups were still there. Once she was assured of that she began to race towards where she thought the last trace of the howl had come from. It wasn't long until the scent of Narime became clear, and a rabbit. She still won't tell me what is wrong. Simaea had known the entire time, that something was amiss. At first it seemed as though it was nothing, but the longer it continued and the less Narime ate, the more tempted she had become to simply corner her leader and ask her.

Her thoughts remained on the leader's illness until the fresh scent of blood sent her pelting through the trees. Only a moment and she could tell that it was not Narime, but that still didn't make Simaea any less determined. She broke through the trees a few feet away, without a word and set to work, cleaning the wounds as she could. until she had a decent view of just how bad this stranger was. It was nasty, and could be fatal, depending on how far she had come, for Simaea had no idea how much blood the stranger had lost. She turned towards Narime, "I need webs, cobwebs, spider webs, any kind of webs, can you do that? Stick close to her, I have to go get something from my den." She spoke as if it were an order, without waiting for Narime's response, Simaea raced for home.

(This post was last modified: Jul 07, 2013, 05:11 AM by Simaea.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Narimé waited for the dark coat of her friend and healer to appear. It was not too long until Narimé spotted Simaea's pelt and barked a quick "over here" to her. When Simaea arrived Narimé listened knowing that her friend would know better than she how to treat the young loners wounds. As orders were given to her Nari felt almost as if she were back in Willow Ridge under Elettra. Even the smell of herbs coming off Simaea's pelt triggered a memory of the den within the willows where the dark alpha and healer would stay.

"Cobwebs got it... " She started padding away for a moment then was confused as another order came from the healer. "Wait.. How am I supposed to stay by her if I'm to find cobwebs! " Nari growled after Simaea but was unsure whether the black fea had heard her. The healer was already gone running to the den where her herbs were. So Nari had to think for a second at which was most important first.

Her safety is foremost the issue. As much as I should look for cobwebs I have to make sure coyotes or bears don't smell her blood and come to investigate. She nodded to herself and wondered if Simaea would be angry that she had not gotten the cobwebs yet. For now Nari stayed beside the younger wolf and pressed her paws on the worst wounds to keep the bleeding down.

No Rank
Simaea Nite
She ran as fast as her legs would carry her, until her lungs screamed for air. Once the young she wolf made it to her little crevice she set about running over her stock of herbs. At last she found the two small bits she had saved for this exact occasion, some extra webs, one brown herb and one green. With both of her herbs clamped firmly in her jaws, Simaea ran back to Narime and the stranger. When she did arrive she set down her small bundle, Simaea scooped up the webs and laced them into a swathe on the freshly cleaned wound with that she lay flat on her side and pressed up against the other wolf. "When she comes around, I'll give her the ergot there." Simaea motioned to the tan herb, "Then once we have the bleeding stopped and the wound is clean, we can move her so I can take a better look and see just what she is dealing with."

Silently Simaea lay next to the injured female, just waiting for a stir. Her legs soon grew tired of pressing into the other wolf. Slowly she curled away from the injured Charlotte, sure to keep the cobwebs intact. Once she had pulled away Simaea stood and nodded to Narime. "There is nothing we can do now but wait. Hopefully she will come around soon." It was out of Simaea's paws now, all was up to Charlotte and just how hard she was willing to fight. The healer lowered herself and remained silent. Narime could speak whenever, Simaea's foremost duty at this very moment was to keeping the female before her from slipping away.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

She waited, almost impatiently for Simaea, looking around anxiously with her blusih gaze. Scraping at the earth Nari nosed Charlotte again trying to wake her then lifted her muzzle one more scenting the air for danger. Simaea's smell greeted the silver wolfs nose and quickly Narime turned around and backed up allowing the darker she wolf room to treat the injured female.

Simaea then began to tell Nari how and what she was going to treat the unconscious she wolf with. Nari angled an ear forward then took a step forward to sniff the tan herb called "ergot" trying to put the plant to memory like she did with hellebore almost a year earlier. It might come in handy if she remembered the smelly plant. Nari also took care in looking at the plants physical traits as well as noting its scent. This was so that if she ever came across any ergot while patrolling the young alpha might be able to bring some back for her healer.

"This ergot will stop the bleeding? Does it do anything else?" She asked Simaea quietly while moving away from the herb and sitting near the brownish healer. The silver alpha watched the experienced paws of her subordinate press the cobwebs into place. Looking up again Nari spotted something moving in the distance. Though she couldn't quite tell what it was. The wind was blowing their scent, including @Charlotte's blood scent, towards whatever was moving towards them. So Nari couldn't smell what the thing was. For all she knew it could be another wolf like Minka coming back from a hunt. Or it could be a bear... She kept her ears, eyes, and nose alert for danger and stepped in between Charlotte, Simaea, and the meadow outside of their border.

A single barking call caught her attention. "A coyote." She warned the others and kept her place sitting between the smaller hidden canine in the tall grasses, and her subordinate. A lone coyote shouldn't come near with so many other wolves around. She sat down unafraid of the lone scavenger. Her calm blue gaze kept watch while Charlotte slept. If more than one shows though we might have a problem. The silver wolf kept her senses ready. Although she was starting to grow anxious about the den and her pups. It would be easy for the coyote to kill all of the pups. But in order to do so it would have to step out into the open to get past Nari. If it did just that she would make sure it wouldn't get anywhere near her den.

(This post was last modified: Jul 08, 2013, 04:51 PM by Narimé.)

No Rank
Simaea Nite
As Simaea sat up a question from her leader caught her, "No. It is used for treating severe headaches, and decreasing blood circulation. It will give her skin time to heal, since the blood won't flow so quickly" She came back into silence for a few moments staring blankly at Charlotte. What will become of this loner? Simaea wondered in silence, Will she be okay? Have I done everything right? The she wolf knew in the end that she could only hope she acted properly and done what was necessary and good. The healer could never forgive herself if she did this wrong and it cost Charlotte her life. It was a healer's duty to save lives and if Simaea could not do that properly then what purpose did she serve being a healer?

The thought upset her before she thought of Yuka Thorben. The pup she had saved from death with a mere puff of dust. Then her thoughts were interrupted by a scent a moment before the barking call. Simaea's overly sensitive nose had detected the coyote a moment before the call sounded. Her time spent tracking herbs had clearly created a useful skill, discerning scents and being able to separate them. Her dark head flicked over to Narime just as she spoke. An involuntary growl escaped her throat as the strange tone and accent of the call reached her ears, Blood. It had said. Now it was a wait to see if the coyote had merely exclaimed what it had scented,or called for it's pack. "Lets hope that it doesn't have friends." Simaea said quietly to Narime.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Nari listened as Simaea told her about the herb. It is used for treating severe headaches, and decreasing blood circulation. Nodding in understanding Nari chastised herself for thinking that the plant would stop the bleeding completely. That's why she's using ergot and the cobwebs. The ergot to slow the blood and the cobwebs to hopefully stop it.. Idiot Nari... How does she remember all of that while treating others though? Her thoughts stuck on the plant called ergot. She repeated its name and use a few times to try and cement the information into her head.

Nari looked back to Simaea about to ask another question when she spotted the healer staring blankly at the dark fur of the yearling. "Do you think she's going to make it? " Nari voiced her concern for the younger wolf. Even though she barely knew the young one Nari was sure that after the black loner had left last time they'd met she was sure to get into other fights for food. Perhaps that was what happened to her.

Shuffling in the grass brought her blue gaze back to the coyote. She acknowledged Simaea's comment with a flick of her ear and a curt nod. If they had friends they either had to move Charlotte quickly to safety, or Nari would have to call for back up.

"You think Kieth or Sloane might be close by?" She cast a hopeful glance back to Simaea then flicked her blue orbs back to the spot where the grass had last moved. "I don't think we'll hear from Anglo though.. I haven't seen much of him in a while..." Her words were somewhat sad. Narimé respected other wolves actions to leave or join the pack, but she had really hoped that Anglo would have made a good guardian. The problem she had was that Nari wasn't even sure where the dark wolf had gone. Was he in trouble? Or did he simply leave? That's what bugged the young woman the most.

No Rank
Simaea Nite
One more from Nari and end it?... also I can't tell if this post is good or bad

"If we call they will come. Of that I am sure." Her gravel voice flowed from her lips and hung in the air. Still Simaea's eyes did not leave the space where the coyote had been. Her eyes and nose were both perfectly alert and her body tense. If the thing had friends she would have to protect her patient. Simaea had been trained in that mindset, The patient must be protected. The only thing that can take them away is injury, sickness, or age. That is what she had bee taught/ To protect her patients at all costs.... even her own life. As much as the young healer wished she did not have to pay that price, she knew she would if it was necessary.

It was the healers duty to protect the ill and injured, to care for the elderly, her code would eternally differ from the code of others. For Shantai had been a seer as well as healer. (Later in life she would find that Hollow had once met Shantai.) But Shantai had instilled things in her, like the habit of listening to the wind whisper through the trees as it did now. Whether it ever worked she did not know, but she heard no danger on the wind. Simaea had been told by Shantai that if the winds changed, they would whisper grace or danger. The healer had never heard such a thing being true, yet she did it anyways through habit. "I think for now however we are safe. I scent only one of the bastards. I've learned to trust my nose Mrs Narime, I found that it seems to be accurate from it's constant use in herb hunting."

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Nari nodded. She knew that there was only one coyote out there. Just like Simaea she too had a very good nose on her practiced in the art of hunting and trailing her prey. Still the danger was there and it kept the silver woman tense. She wanted to get back to the den where the pups were. The woman couldn't just stand around waiting for the darker girl wot wake up.

"I know she's injured but can't we move her gently to the cavern so you can work on her more effectively? Instead of the both of us being tense over the coyote. " Nari tried to reason with the healer. It would be better if the pack watched the yearling while Nari made sure no enemies were near her pups in the birthing den. Plus Simaea would be closer to her herbs to take care of the black fae's wounds

Nari sat waiting to see if Simaea would agree and gesture for her to come and help move the woman.

(This post was last modified: Nov 18, 2013, 04:17 PM by Narimé.)