(See All?) Announcements
378 Users Online
Google, Bing, Clover, Tuwile

and count to ten — Umbra Copse 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kira who has 110 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
@[Éponine] <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">
Silent and steady, he watched the doe that lay upon the ground. So far he had been unaware as to how it had gotten there or what it was doing, but he figured that it was alone by the lack of herd around her. It was a lucky circumstance and one that he wasn’t going to pass up. It would seem that something might have attacked the doe but had not come back to claim, perhaps using surplus killing and intended to come back for it. Cautiously he moved forward, scenting the air for another predator only to come up short—this would be his kill, a meal fit for a Prince.
Deciding that eating a carcass like this out in the open would be unnecessary he pulled it further into the Copse, hiding it away from stragglers so that he could eat somewhat privately. Being as delicate about the situation as possible, his ego was blossoming considering this wondrous find that he had come across purely by luck. If any of this was left by the time he got his share, he would bring some to Sik, Lucero, or the packs newest children. Lucy would love this gift, she would see the strength in him to drag its carcass back home—though it would take many days to get it there, he would do it. Anything where he could give a gift to the white-haired beauty that he was quite infatuated with, he wouldn’t hesitate to show off. Siku might be impressed to, or otherwise simply grateful for the food.

i'm currently looking for any kind of short or long-term plots, so message me if you've got an idea!
i.e. (friend/enemy/spar partner/pack recruiter, etc)
Played by Nix who has 38 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Éponine Stark
I am sosososo glad we get to role play again together!

The scent of blood filled the coming summer air about her. The thick coppery aroma was enough to get her senses aroused and her belly begin to rumble to remind her just how hungry she really was. Her nose twitched, attempting to pinpoint the location in which this prey - heavily bleeding - had been. The xanthic colour of her eyes disappeared as she let her lids close drinking in the invigorating smell. Her ears pricked forward and she began to move, her paws falling silently upon the ground as she picked her way through the copse. It was not long before she found the carcass, but she quickly spotted another shadow falling upon it quickly.

The Stark girl choked back a whine as she watched the much larger male begin to drag it away. She contemplated challenging him for it, but she doubted there was any chance in hell she could chase him off. Her tail fell down between her legs as she pressed closer the silvery tendrils of hair catching the soft light of evening. Her tail flicked cautiously back and forth in a cat-like manner as she thought about what she could do. Maybe he would be willing to share? It would be too much to drag back, and she was so hungry, it would not take a whole lot to fill her. Her speed would be an asset. Maybe she could quickly dive in, grab a chunk of meat and run. The thoughts pushed a smile to her obsidian mask and her yellow-green eyes fell back to the male. She decided against it.

Éponine drew herself closer to the male with each soft footstep as she made her way silently across the copse. He was a handsome creature, and she doubted he was any older than she was. Her ears flicked forward and she canted her head giving a soft swish of her tail in a friendly manner. "Would sharing that magnificent doe be out of the question?" she asked with slight humour, watching the ebony male and waiting for his reaction. She was poised, ready to bounce and run out of sight if he held any misgivings towards her.
table copyright argent / neffs @ deviantart.com
(This post was last modified: Jun 13, 2013, 08:21 PM by Éponine.)
Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
omg this is awesome, i see so much potential! <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">
The more he thought about it, the less he thought that he should keep this for himself or Siku. Though he wished for his mother to be proud of what he found and for her to eat well, he would gain more reputation from Phineas and Borlla if he gave this to the pack as a whole. Yes, that would be for the best direction to take with this. Swallowing the last bite he would willingly take, he drove his teeth back into the carcass and began the long drag home. Unfortunately, another roadblock was arriving and he refused to be held up.
After lifting his jaws away from his find, he pulled a leg over the carcass as if to showcase that this was his kill and he wasn’t going to be challenged for it. They would lose. The stranger that appeared from the xanthic brush was of a gingerly smoke color, something rather odd but yet certainly quite attractive; however, she wouldn’t be that easy to fool his attention. Share? he thought to himself, idling wondering if she understood that this was a decent sized meal and that he was a pack wolf.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“Unless you’re a member of my pack, I’m afraid that sharing is out of the question.” This prize of his would go into a cache (hoping that it would fit into one and if not, he would have someone rip certain pieces to store away) and any other use of it would have to go through him until he was able to tell his leaders of their gift.

i'm currently looking for any kind of short or long-term plots, so message me if you've got an idea!
Inactive IV. Yearling
Éponine Stark
SO MUCH. :3

With her head bowed she awaited the response from the fine prince before her. Her eyes drifted along his charcoal features, following the line of his strong jaw, and tracing the stern features of his face to the bright amber of his eyes. The girl swallowed hard as she traced the remaining parts of his body with her xanthic hued gaze and fully understood there was no chance in hell she would be able to take on a beast such as this if it came down to it. One thing she did know was that her speed would lend her the upperhand if she needed an escape. Her paws were itching to run, but her curiosity got the best of her when the low baritone of his voice broke the still silence.

"And, how might one become a member of your pack?" she inquired, a subtle light brought to her eyes as she watched the male. Éponine began to wonder where this brazen nature she finally acquired came from, but she had no time to question it as she stood there at the mercy of this stranger. She had been without food for quite some time, well a good meal, and it was beginning to show on the sallow skin about her eyes as well as the bone protruding from the soft fur on her flanks that was threatening to burst through her summer coat.

The Stark youth had wanted to join a pack had she not? If this was the time and place, so be it. This male clearly was too young to be an alpha, but perhaps he was the son of one or on the good side of one. She did not want to give in this early in her journey, but when she was hardly surviving on mice and berries the dove gray girl did not have much choice. Her ears flicked forward in earnest as she paused with bated breath upon his answer wondering if he would even take her seriously as she stood there pathetically begging for food before him.
Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">
This snark little idea inside of his head had not been there originally, nor had the idea to recruit someone into the Glen either. It was simply his attitude that provided him to give her a response that would illicit her removal from the area so that he could carry on. It was her reaction to his comment that altered the course of direction. The lack of nourishment on her was only slightly noticeable through the weariness of her face, but he paid no mind. She was still faintly attractive thus wasn’t completely starved to need a piece of his kill.
Sending a weak but charming grin he replied, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“you can follow me back to my pack and meet with one of the Alphas.” If that was her choice, then they would do that. As far as the kill went, he was still deciding on whether he wished to ask for her help getting it there or if she should just walk beside him or in front of him to watch her. This kill was his and he would rightfully keep it that way. If she desperately needed food, then she wouldn’t mind joining a pack.
After all, joining a pack here could mean the difference between life and death. Being a loner was tough work, it was dangerous to be out alone and the pack would allow her safety just as well as a warm den and those who would choose to look after her. There would be nothing to fear there.

Inactive IV. Yearling
Éponine Stark

One thing the young Stark girl knew was that she could not stay within the confines of the copse much longer. The trees were overbearing and blocked off too much light for her liking. She enjoyed laying in the warm sun of the early summer, and could not stand the constant fog that seemed to linger within the area. Light hardly penetrated the thick woodland and she did not care to stay much longer. That is why the male's idea of coming back to his pack intrigued the young woman and she watched him for a moment, looking for some malicious intent behind those words. The idea tugged at her mind that he would want help carrying the carcass back to the pack and then have her abandoned or killed right then and there. Yet, his charming grin and demeanor won her over and she quickly killed that thought in her mind because he had not yet asked for help.

"May I ask your name before I follow you back to this pack? Also, I would not mind knowing the name of your pack and what knowledge you have of it," she stated simply, her tail giving another friendly wag as she closed the last bit of distance she held between them. The dove gray woman felt much more comfortable now that she concluded that he was not about to attack her. Yet, he still did not give her permission to share the meal and she thought better of getting too close to the carcass. Her stomach grumbled, but she bit back the urge to jump on the food and rip as big of a chunk of flesh as she could from its belly. Saliva began to drip from her mouth enjoying the smell of the sweet blood coming from the deer.

With a soft sigh she settled in her spot, awaiting for him to begin to lead the way. Her chartreuse orbs fell upon his face hesitantly, hoping she was doing the right thing. It was hard to tell if she would join the pack or not because the few she had met were so strange on her journey to her current spot. The diglossia from the previous pack was more than enough to confuse her as the two languages seemed to meld into one. One male had told her that her own name came from the foreign bits of tongue he spoke. French, is what he had called it. Her tail twitched idly as she thought of them, it just had not been for her.
Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">
Oh, how perfectly strange this had come to be. Ataneq had never considered recruiting anyone into the pack or even discussing it with anyone in the least. It was sort of just a pack, it was supposed to be a makeshift pack until his mother was accustomed to the land and they would branch out. So as he offered her a chance within the glen, he felt himself slightly confused by his offer but it had been said so he couldn’t take it back now. She must be one hungry woman to take his offer.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“Ataneq,” he answered simply as he lowered his head to pick up the meal but was instead greeted with a couple more questions. Refusing to show her any sign of impatience he nodded, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“Magnolia Glen. Newly formed, newborn children, and me.” There was not much more to know at this point other than that they were almost brand new and they didn’t have too many numbers so the more the merrier. He thought they could use a few more females around, but he was a growing boy and would much prefer the company of a girl that looked like she did. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“Whats your name, huh?”
Surely she would answer honestly as he had, whilst he began to tug at the carcass with his teeth and asking for no help. He could do this on his own, while keeping a watchful eye on the stranger that he was still somewhat weary of. Strangers didn’t usually buy into packs as easily she had but maybe his good lucks had weakened her?

Inactive IV. Yearling
Éponine Stark

Even if her intention was only to stay in the pack for a little bit, maybe the girl would create some bonds that would not be worth breaking in the end. She would never know unless she tried, and this male seemed more than she could have hoped for in a packmate. She had met some weird ones on her travels, half-crazed or half starved packs just barely getting by. While others - more ones suited to her needs - would claim there were too many mouths to feed already, and they had their fair share of talented wolves. Po did not have too much to offer, being only a yearling and hardly the size of half the wolves she had come across. She had been lucky to survive as long as she had on what little food she could actually catch.

"Ataneq," she repeated, before giving another wag of her tail. "My name is Éponine," she responded. Having listened to what little he gave about his pack she wasn't entirely convinced, but convinced enough that she would at least follow him although it would take forever if he was just going to carry that carcass by himself. The thickly covered copse was too much for him to maneuver such a large carcass around easily so she decided perhaps she could at least offer what little help she could. She was not that strong, but the little help she could give would be better than none at all.

"I am not that strong, but I could help you with that. It is the least I could do for you being so kind," she said, waiting for his response before she decided to help him. Po waited hesitantly, ready to spring on the hoof of the beast to drag it away so he did not feel his meal being threatened. As hungry as she was she would not spoil her offer of a home.
Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
As he started his long drag home, he began wondering about his brief glimpse to her face upon initial encounter. Her words had been kindly said, but it wasn’t her mouth that had wrapped his attention but rather her eyes. Lucero, she was a beauty. She was the complete opposite in comparison to himself. She was light, while he was dark—yet they shared a friendship that even he sometimes doubted. But this woman—Eponine—was similar by dark colors except her eyes were like a dew-grass green. They were illuminating and perhaps someone taunting to the young boy but he had to knock away the mystery if he wanted to bring this carcass home without chunks taken out.
Her name was beautiful, as he half expected given that he believed every woman’s name sounded lovely. It was a quarter of their charm, really. The fact that it was foreign and had an accent to it made it all the more exotic and irresistible. It took no less than five minutes before she offered her help to him and he let his jaws release the prey, his eyes dancing along her features curiously. He calculated whether that would be a smart move or not, letting this stranger grab hold of something so precious—something that would make his place amongst that pack that much more important.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“Fine,” he answered with a nod towards its rear as if to begin her chore, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“but if you so much as take a suggestive sniff at it, you’re gone.” Ataneq had no problem with chasing her off if she dared do the unthinkable, though he truly did wish that she would at least give Magnolia Glen a chance.

Inactive IV. Yearling
Éponine Stark

There was a moments pause as the male looked her over. He should have been able to quite quickly pick out she would not be much of a threat to him. He was much larger than her and much broader, while she was quite dainty. She had a height advantage on a lot of wolves being quite tall for how petite she actually was. She paused, her moves hesitant as she awaited his response to her aid. When he finally spoke she nodded. There was no way a small bite - which is all she would be able to manage to grab before bolting - was worth her life where a pack was concerned. She would be good for a couple days on one chunk of meat, but with a pack she would be fine for a couple of years at least she hoped. As long as she proved worthy of them.

"I will not dare try," she confirmed with a firm nod of her head to show her understanding of his delicate decision to let her help. This way they could move back that much faster to the pack that would hopefully take her in. She was young, but she was a quick learner, and she knew a little about healing which was a much sought after talent. Her tail wagged happily as she bounced over to the other end of the deer delicately wrapping her jaws around its haunch and getting a firm grip on it before giving it a little tug and the pair began to walk at a bit of a faster pace through the thick trees.

Éponine Stark for the first time in her life remained quiet because it was much too hard to make conversation when your mouth was full. Strong willed and determined, she managed to help move it quicker although the strain on her neck would be there for a week at least. No complaints escaped her though because this would be much worth the fight to get it there.