(See All?) Announcements
360 Users Online
Clover, Bing, Tuwile, Google

Lonely Again
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 22 posts.
Sorry for the long wait Amritha! Been extremely busy :/
And sorry, short post is short.

Jasmine's eyes shifted to Asta for a few moments; watching as the smaller fae turned herself in a tight circle with her nose to the ground, before she turned around and started sniffing around herself. She could easily scent a hare, most likely the one Asta had been chasing; Asta's own scent; the faint trace of a fox...and something else. Putting her white muzzle closer to the ground, Jasmine inhaled deeply; trying to figure out what the scent was. After a few moments, she realised that it was of deer, and she gave an excited bark just as Asta looked at her, as if seeming to ask if she had found something.

Turning to face the smaller fae, she held a large smile on her face as she spoke in an excited voice. "Hey Asta! I found a deer trail. Do you w-want to follow it?" But when Jasmine realised what she had just said, she lowered her head slightly as she felt a slight blush creep up her neck. Of course she would want to follow the trail, what a silly question to ask. Looking sheepishly back at Asta, the white girl waited for the smaller fae to speak, still feeling embarrassed at her words.

215 Words

I will always be seen, for
I am the light in the dark...
I will always be seen, for I am the light in the dark...
Played by Amritha who has 48 posts.
Inactive III. Hunter
Asta Fleetfoot
Not a problem. I understand. :) Sorry for the delay on my part as well - I've had an odd weekend. :/ No problem on the length either. ^^ I'd rather it be a good, well-written post (it is!) than be super-long and poor. ;)

"Hey Asta! I found a deer trail. Do you w-want to follow it?" Jasmine's words brought a grin to Asta's face. She immediately trotted in the white wolf's direction to investigate the melliferous odor that might mean a meal for the pair of them. Asta was eager to hunt alongside her new friend; maybe she was quick to judge Jasmine as such, but she also felt that she might get along well with this wolf given more time. So why not consider her a friend now?

"Let's!" Asta responded simply, barely giving the other woman a chance to respond before she was chasing the trail, her nose following it eagerly. She slipped between the trailing branches of willows and moved as quietly as she could on the snowy earth: she was the picture of a hunter. The scent was beginning to strengthen as she moved on. Every now and again she'd pause to glance at her hunting partner to make sure Jasmine was still there, then Asta would be eagerly on her way, her tail waving like a flag. Such was her demeanor until she thought she glimpsed movement up ahead... at which point the girl immediately froze, every action halted except for the slow blink of her eyes and steady quiver of her nose. Pointing toward the movement of graceful animals with her nose, Asta turned to look at Jasmine with keen yellow eyes. "Want the honors?" she spoke softly as she looked at the emerald-eyed woman. The choice of prey was hers if she wanted it.

Allie
Played by Melorama who has 22 posts.
Once again, so sorry! Time just seems to fly by so fast :/

Jasmine looked around to see the smaller fae pad over to her, a wide grin on her face. Excitement coursed through her veins as Asta spoke and spun on her heels, following the scent trail. The white girl followed her without a moments hesitation; her black nose low to the ground and her legs stretching forward in a slow lope. She had almost forgotten how it felt to hunt something bigger than a hare, and was absolutely bursting to feel the adrenaline from the chase, and bask in victory after taking down a deer. But that would only come if she could compose herself to think straight and act calm.

Her large yet lithe body slipped through the willowy branches and her paws created a steady three-beat thrum on the ground as her paws touched down on the lightly snow covered ground. She ran next to Asta, almost exactly in beat as they both followed the trail; the perfect picture of two white wolves opposite of size hunting down their next meal. A large grin crossed her face as the scent began to strengthen, and Jasmine knew that they were very close to the herd.

The moment Jasmine glimpsed movement up ahead she came to almost a complete stop, just as Asta did. Her eyes and ears were trained on the movement ahead, before flicking back to the smaller fae briefly as she spoke. "Want the honors?" The white girl nodded and smiled, before turning back to the herd up ahead. She walked forward slowly, almost creeping along the ground as she moved forwards before stopping behind one of the willowy branches hanging down upon the ground.

Emerald green eyes shifted from one deer to the next, seeking out a suitable doe or fawn for them to chase down. Looking around the edge of the herd, she spotted a doe with two fawns next to her, a perfect target for her and Asta. Turning her creamy head to look at the smaller fae, Jasmine spoke in a soft voice. "Do you see the mother with two fawns near the edge of the herd? I say we go for one of them."

361 Words

I will always be seen, for
I am the light in the dark...
I will always be seen, for I am the light in the dark...
Played by Amritha who has 48 posts.
Inactive III. Hunter
Asta Fleetfoot

The hunt, the thrill, the excitement... these were things Asta lived for. Hunting was a pleasant distraction for the young woman, and a necessary one. It kept her fed, even as she wandered alone.

Jasmine acknowledged she would like to choose with a nod, and Asta's maw split into a grin before she turned her own yellow gaze toward the herd. She seated herself in the mushy snow as she scanned the deer, making snap judgments and decisions; it was a habit for her to do so. The choice was Jasmine's, but Asta couldn't help but to look for the prey choice she would have gone for had the positions been reversed... she wondered if Jasmine would choose the same. It might have been unlikely given their size difference.

Asta noted one or two of the mothers had young fawns with them. Wasn't it early for fawns? No, perhaps not... yet it seemed there would be a weakness in those young animals, for it was hard to graze when there was so much snow. She didn't see too many old animals, but Asta questioned if they could have taken down a larger deer with just the two of them anyway... but there weren't any bucks within sight at least. No antlers to contend with, just sharp hooves. Finally, her eyes fell on a doe at the edge of the herd. The unfortunate mother appeared to have twins... she wouldn't miss one of them. The survival for the living fawn would actually be better without a rival for its mother's teat. ...a good target.

"Do you see the mother with two fawns near the edge of the herd? I say we go for one of them," Jasmine whispered into Asta's ear. Asta flicked the same one in acknowledgement, then nodded her agreement as she pulled herself back to her paws. It was exactly what she would've chosen. A fawn may not have been a large meal, but it was far better than nothing, and Asta suspected she would enjoy the companionship of another wolf far more than she would miss a sizable meal.

"We just need to separate one of them from the doe," she whispered, her eyes refusing to leave their potential target. She didn't say "mother" for doing so always made her feel odd. But then, she supposed it didn't matter... "You are bigger than me. You could take down the fawn more easily I think," Asta continued, finally turning her eyes back to the white girl beside her, a smile dancing in her yellow eyes. "I can run to cut them off. I'll have a better angle from the other side. I can herd one of them toward you," she stopped there, looking at Jasmine. This was Asta's strategy. It wasn't unlike what she and her brother used to do, though he had been smaller than the white woman beside Asta. If Jasmine approved, then Asta would begin her part and sneak around the edge of the herd.

Allie