(See All?) Announcements
596 Users Online
Bing, Google

We're All a Little Broken
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Amritha who has 23 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Kyadi Zaahir
I know we're backdating this to closer when Kyadi first joined (so early May?) Let me know what date works for your character, Ghoff. I couldn't remember if you wanted it before or after "Namara's Song" since I took so long to post this. xD

Setting
Weather: Clear
Time: Noon

"This won't do- simply won't!"

The growling voice sounded from a crevasse on a rocky hillside; it reverberated strangely in the depths. A scabbling followed close behind as the shape of a she-wolf - or rather, her rump - appeared from the crack. It was only just big enough for one wolf to slip inside. It was too narrow for her to turn around; she had to back out again. Something wider, she mused as the rest of her body emerged awkwardly, her murky pelt blending in well with the earthy stone. No, not wider. Something that widens - just need to turn around. And it can't slope down. Can't have water getting in. No good... too close to that blasted lake, too. Giving her head a quick shake, Kyadi did a 180°.

Still, it'd do well enough to store what little I have collected for now. The woman bent her head to the ground to pick up an object at her feet: the bark of a tree, gathered some moons ago in the forests beyond the mountain. She placed it within the stone shelter then withdrew once again.

She hadn't been here long yet. She was still searching for a good cave - one that would be ideal for her needs. She suspected, however, that she wouldn't like to have it so deep within the territory. Kyadi could come up with reasons why she didn't want to be in the heart of Poison Path - that was the easy part. Of course, with her little "agreement" with @Ash she needed to stay fairly close as well. She couldn't choose a cave that was a day's travel from the pack. She'd never get away with it. On the other hand, though she had said nothing to any other wolf in the pack, she knew she'd likely be treating more than just new packmates. She wouldn't turn those in need away.

Giving her head another shake, Kyadi decided now was not the time to continue her search. It was actually a nice day; the sky was clear and the weather half-way decent, if not a little chilly. She didn't anticipate the mountains would get much warmer. Setting a new goal in mind, Kyadi put her nose to the air and picked out the scent of one particular wolf: @Namara. Kyadi hadn't spoken to the lass since their initial meeting in the foothills. It was time to remedy that. The girl was hardly healthy and Kyadi, being what she was, figured she should tend to certain duties...

Played by Ghoff who has 133 posts.
V. Subordinate
Namara Hervok
We could totally backdate it to just after it, like a day after I think would be good.

No more than one day after Ash had essentially shoved Namara out the door. She was broken in a new way, but determined as well, cold, stronger and more resilient than ever. From the very moment Ash went for his little "swim" Namara set about marking the borders, constantly, she even slept by them if she got tired. The two tone she wolf was not letting them go unguarded for a moment. Even if it meant running across the male that had unknowingly crushed her so. But then he probably did know, he probably knew damn well what he had done. Namara could care less if she ever saw him again. Stupid Ash, they should have named him Ass, that would of been closer to the truth.

With her mind elsewhere it took her a few moments to even realize she had caught scent of another wolf. One that was new and seemed as far away from the dens as possible, Kyadi, Good thinking, healer. With that nasty thought in her head she turned towards the scent and of course a misstep and her leg gave, sending her face-first into the ground. With a snort, and a shake of her head she rose once more and trod, now with a steady limp, which irritated her all the more seeing as she had been able to avoid such a thing since she left the mountain. Namara rounded a few trees and weaved through some stunted... things, and came face to face with the healer. "I caught your scent, hope your settling in well." She spoke in a form that Ash would have absolutely approved of, at least in her mind. All power, no emotion, full volume, flat.

Played by Amritha who has 23 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Kyadi Zaahir
Slipping away from the stones, Kyadi made her way down the path, following her twitching sniffer. A whiff of the very wolf's scent she was seeking suddenly wafted right past her snout; it was fresh this time, unlike the trail she'd begun to follow. The healer smirked to herself. Perfectly timed. Following old scent trails was nothing next to finding the real, fresh thing. Picking her head up, the older wolf set her path in the direction her nose told her to go. Before long, she could hear the misstep and, of course, it could only belong to Namara. Kyadi saw the other just as Namara noticed her, and was already standing still with a crooked smile on her muzzle when Namara spoke.

"I caught your scent, hope your settling in well." Her voice was strong, but passion seemed lacking. Kyadi quirked a brow, then dismissed whatever she might've been thinking with the return of her pointy grin.

"Namara, wasn't it?" As if she'd actually forget. "Well lass, it's hardly perfect," she motioned up the path she'd come from with a twitch of her stubby tail to indicate the standing stones. It'd do. For now. "I was just coming to find you, as it turns out," she said promptly, hardly allowing her critical former words to sink in before she approached the younger woman. She'd stop when she thought she was quite close enough to the other wolf - whenever the other showed signs of discomfort with Kyadi's nearness. Meanwhile, her orange eyes roved, passing so quickly over the pelt, face, and finally the damaged limb so quickly she may not have taken in much at all.

"How's the leg?" Even though she asked, her concern was more matter-of-fact, and there was the feeling there were more questions waiting to be asked. Not that Kyadi didn't care - she did - she just showed it oddly. Particularly with wolves who were still barely more than strangers.

Played by Ghoff who has 133 posts.
V. Subordinate
Namara Hervok
Namara knew a moment before Kyadi spoke that she would be inquired about her leg. Of course the healer would want to know you dope. She scolded herself for not thinking of the question that would be asked to her. She felt herself grow hot, "Oh it's fine, it just plays up a little bit. I think my paw may be crooked." Namara looked down to examine her paw that was now throbbing thanks to her fall earlier. It did appear to be a little crooked. But she didn't feel any more unstable. The flat look upon her face gave away her irritation at the thing. Obnoxious, she thought irritably.

If she had been more careful initially she may not be dealing with such an annoyance but Namara could not do that no. Her head was just too damn thick to think anything could have happened. "There may be area's in the pack den you could keep yourself, after all Steel doesn't stay there. Ash doesn't either, and most nights I'm near the borders, your privacy would be kept." Though Namara guessed Kyadi would refuse she still offered regardless. After all, Kyadi was part of the pack, no matter how much she pretended she wasn't. She waited for what Kyadi would do and say, and held her injured paw up so that if Kyadi wished she could insect it more closely.