(See All?) Announcements
533 Users Online
Bing

I break hearts like the west was won — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by 0 who has 3 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Zero Cohen
His stomach was growling again, that's how he found himself here. "It must be all of this traveling." he said out loud to nobody in particular. "I just ate not to long ago after all." He couldn't smell anything other than fish around here, which quite frankly was not nearly one of his favorite foods. He would just have to learn to deal if he didn't want to be so uncomfortably hungry anymore. I'm here he thought, pausing in his steps and taking in the scent of the waters ahead. But wait.. He smelt something more now? Something of another wolf? It was indeed, there was no mistaking it. I'm so hungry.. I'll just.. I'll sneak in there really fast, grab a few fish, and take off. If they approach me I'll make sure to show them I don't mean any trouble and.. Ok just stop. You'll do fine Zero. He convinced himself, or was that just his stomach talking to him just now? He proceeded onward, moving various vines out of his path and making it to the ever so inviting springs he had been longing to reach. Being sure to make no eye contact with the wolf that he knew was already there, he made his way in as well. "Good day to you.", he passed her and began looking for food, making a few hit and miss swipes at the water in the awkward state of mind of please don't hurt me, please don't hurt me., maybe this wasn't the best idea after all.
(This post was last modified: Jul 03, 2013, 12:09 PM by Zero.)
Played by Pinn who has 16 posts.
Inactive III. Hunter
Veronika

She had hobbled this far from the Orchards, confident that she would be able to find easy meals along the way, and possibly a human camp. In an attempt to avoid any unwanted contact, the trip had been slow, only allowing herself to travel under the cover of night. It upset her greatly that she had been reduced to this. There was a time in her life when felt strong, invincible, like life was hers for the taking. Now it was as if she were just scraping by, hoping to make it another day. Why she kept going was a question she asked herself often, and it was one she couldn't answer. Was she waiting for something? Did fate have another plan for her? Only time would tell, and until then she would just have to wait it out.

The scent of fresh water poured into her nose, and her her stomach growled. Adrenaline pumped through her veins and she moved closer to the spring. The water was clear enough for her to see the sand swirling just below the surface, and she knew that this would be a prime spot to fish. Once upon a time the tawny female had been excellent at the sport, but it had been so long since then. Instinct took over though, and she waded into the cool water. Her weight was much more manageable and her leg was able to touch the bottom without too much trouble. Her heart soared as she began feeling a little more like herself. Veronika held her head high as she stood in the way she used to. Maybe she could still catch a fish.

Dusty eyes searched the area below her feet as they awaited the familiar wriggling of creatures just under the surface. She didn't move a muscle except for the even rise and fall of her chest from breathing. The wait felt like a life time, but finally various water-dwellers began making their way closer to her, and in turn closer to their demise. She knew she only had once chance unless she wanted to wait here until they began to trust her again. Silently she watched as they weaved in and out of her grasp, swimming through her legs and darting away. It wasn't until she sighted one large enough to make a meal out of that she tensed up ready for the plunge. The fish unknowingly worked it's way right under her, causing her body to react of it's own accord. First a dark head dove into the water, while jaws opened wide enough to catch her prey. Before the fish even knew it he was already up and out of the water thrashing violently in the air. Sharp canines clamped down on it, feeling as it went limp in her mouth. Satisfied she made her way to the shore, intending on eating her meal quickly then catching another.

Almost finished with her meal, a scent drifted into her nostrils. Once again she assumed her usual stance letting her paw hang close to the ground. Any wolf who looked closely could probably tell that the way she stood seemed awkward, but most didn't pay enough attention to her. The encounter was strange as the wolf who passed her barely even acknowledged her presence. Taken aback she watched his retreating form as he tried his own hand at fishing. The male seemed about as nervous as she felt, but that was alright. At least they were both in the same boat. Her voice was light as she spoke to him, "Do you need help?". Veronika couldn't even remember the last time those words had left her mouth. No, these days she was the one in need of help.

(This post was last modified: Jul 03, 2013, 01:29 PM by Veronika.)
Inactive No Rank
Zero Cohen
"Hmm?" He swung his head back as fast as he could, startled by the wolf now behind him. I never expected she'd talk to me! He was scared, observing her to make sure she didn't get to close. "Oh hmm, nah. You see, it's been a long while since I've done this. I hate fish, they are absolutely repulsing to me. But I am hungry, and I can't seem to find anything else so this will just have to do for the time being. I'll be sure to re-kindle my fishing skills soon I'd expect.." He never really fished back home, but on the rare occasion that he did, he was descent at it. He will admit that it wasn't his finest skill, but he was definitely far from the worst fisher there. He had hoped that the wolf would leave him alone now, he didn't want any trouble and this was not an injured wolf, there for basically a huge waste of his time to be quite frank about it. He took in a big breathe and stood completely still so more fish would come closer to him, it was for the best that he made on his way as soon as possible just in case the female decides not to bid him farewell. As the first fish slowly approached him, he quickly snatched it up with his jaws, not really thinking to wait and scope out his options. It was so... Small. This was not going to fill him up, what was he to do though? If he doesn't catch more, he would be sure to starve.. But if he eats this one and continues on fishing, would that put him in danger?
Played by Pinn who has 16 posts.
Inactive III. Hunter
Veronika

She watched as he spun his head around, seemingly startled. His action only succeeded in spooking her as well, forcing her foot to hit the ground as she lost her balance. Pain shot through her leg, causing an unimaginable agony to rack her body. A small whine flung from the back of her throat, though she tried to suppress it. Immediately she pulled the leg back up, holding it close to her chest, where it continued throbbing. 'shit'. It was weakness in every sense of the word. There was no point in trying to hide it now. He had to have seen, or at least heard the tortured cry that left her maw. Veronika hung her head low, ready to submit if this wolf planned on attacking her. She was in too much pain to even consider running, and so she had to accept whatever fate this male planned on bringing down upon her.

His words were completely lost in time, and she didn't hear them anyways. Her thoughts now consisted only of survival, and what she could do if he moved forward in attempting to kill her. Pity was the last thing she planned on asking for, but she knew that she would if she had to. This was all about survival for her. Every day she planned only on making it until tomorrow. Every time the thinning female awoke, she celebrated a personal victory, as she thought that one morning she might not be so lucky. Veonika was playing a game with fate, holding on by grasping at a string. However, the thread was wearing thin, and clearly unable to hold her for too much longer, but she planned on seeing it through. For what reason, she was unsure, but still she teetered across the line in between the living and the deceased. Any second her body might shut down, decide it has been working for too long on borrowed time, and she might be too weak to go on, but that was ok with her. When it happened she would accept it. After all, she shouldn't have made it this far already.

Inactive No Rank
Zero Cohen
"Hmm? Is your leg hurt?" his ears perked up with excitement. Finally, a chance to do what he came here for. "Never mind don't answer that. I already know it is. The whine gave it away. Oh lift your head up for goodness sakes I'm not going to hurt you." Zero always managed to be outspoken when it came to his hobby. He paced around the wolf, examining the leg. "Would you mind setting it down for me? Well if you can that is. Try your best okay? If it hurts to bad then don't worry about it but.". It didn't seem to be a muscle pain from what he could see. "Black cohosh isn't going to cut it then.." he whispered to himself, although sure she probably heard him. Not that it really mattered. How odd, is this..? I've never seen anything quite like this. It looks, yes I'm certain now. It looks as if her leg was broken and.. It healed wrong. Well I've never dealt with anything quite like THIS before but I'm sure it's nothing I can't handle. he had stopped pacing at this point. "We are going to have to go with Hellebore to reduce the pain for now.. But be sure to follow my doses very carefully, unless of course you want to get vertigo and vomit all day." he paused, he is far from native to these lands, where would he even find hellebore? "Now you wouldn't happen to know of any marsh lands around here would you?" He let out an awkward smile in a poor excuse to seem friendly, in all honesty he just wanted to get to work. He hoped the wolf wouldn't try to flee at this point. "I'm going to fix this for you, and I'm sorry if I'm talking to fast about this. I'm sure you are confused but.. Where I come from, I'm a medicine man. I left my pack to come help other wolves in need of my assistance. I'm here for you, so don't be to frightened of me." there, that was awful polite of him wasn't it?