(See All?) Announcements
439 Users Online
Google, Bing

the walls are listening — Sierra Hills 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Overcast — Current Temperature: 68° F/20° C (early afternoon)

@[Éponine]

The lands further east had always interested the woman, but with her children the age they were, she had been hesitant to travel that far. However, with the events that had transpired in the last few days, Borlla knew she needed some air, to calm herself down before the omega Silver returned. Borlla would hold strong to what she'd told the woman, however. The leader had desired to give the woman a chance. She truly had, but Silver's decision to abandon the pack so quickly after being allowed to pass their borders had infuriated Borlla. If Silver failed to return with someone useful, prove herself to her pack...Borlla was certain that the outcome would be grim. She would cast the black woman back into the hoards of those she so seemed to loathe. That seemed to be her intentions anyway, to be sent away from Magnolia Glen. Foolish woman.

Borlla squeezed her eyes shut, teeth gritting as she cast the all-consuming problems away. She faced the red rocks now, letting their detail and height be her only focus. To her back was the creek, she could still hear running, and the trees stood tall as well. She was out in the open with no cover, alone, but she wasn't bothered. The wolves of the east seemed kind, curious at best. Besides, Borlla posed no threat to anyone, well, she certainly did pose a threat, but she meant no threat. Her paws carried her closer to the hills, leading her up a tiny slope that only seemed to get rockier, more treacherous the higher one climbed. No, she wouldn't take this today. Her curiosity had carried her the few miles over her, but the thought of her children would soon send her back.<b style="color:#32527a">

(This post was last modified: Jun 30, 2013, 06:18 AM by Borlla.)
Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Nix who has 38 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Éponine Stark
              Éponine had awoken that morning quite early because she wanted to get a good headstart on the day. The sky remained overcast, but no rain fell from the heavens. It would not have deterred her from her mission today though which was to identify familiar plants and perhaps return with them to Magnolia Glen. Ataneq normally was not far behind her, but she had not seen him in the past few hours and so she just continued on her way. He was probably within calling distance at least if she found any trouble. That was the problem with being new to the pack and new to the area; she did not know what to expect from the natives.

Obsidian paws picked their way quite easily along the rocky slope which was very familiar to her as she was used to the terrain from back home. Where for most their home would be a scrum because the rocks jutted out from everywhere, echoing sounds along the slope, especially the crashing of the waterfall nearby. If someone called your name, it was very hard to pinpoint where the sound had been coming from. Her tail swished from side to side as she made her way across and at once spotted a familiar pelt of ivory. She had only met the porcelain woman once, but she was very recognizable along the slope.

"Borlla!" she called out to the woman, hoping she would pause so the smaller girl could catch up. The dove gray girl came up beside the woman, her tail wagging low against the ground as she sidled up next to the woman to offer a lick to her chin before backing away. Her ears cast sideways and her head was ducked in subordination. "What brings you out here today?" she asked curiously, her lips rising in a smile as she awaited her answer.
table copyright argent / neffs @ deviantart.com
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Gazing up the red slope, Borlla turned her back on it for just a moment, allowing her body to settle beneath a tree that had grown too far from its family. It was a bit leafbare despite it being in the midst of summer, but it carried enough greenery to shade the woman from what little sunlight did find its way down from behind the clouds. Her eyes ascended upwards, eying the scrum that was the Hills. So tall and treacherous and pointed. She wondered what lay beyond them, but then decided it didn't matter. She still yearned for adventure, but would be contented with what her home offered. No longer could she climb every mountain that rose before her and stick her nose into every foxhole that blocked her path. Even if she hadn't chosen to lead beside Phineas, she knew that she couldn't leave these lands again. Even if she'd been a free woman, she was still a prisoner to this place.

As she looked up the rocks, she noticed a familiar splotch of gray, and a voice called out to her, confirming her suspicions. It was Eponine. She hadn't really seen the girl since they'd allowed her past their borders, and Borlla's ears flicked back for a moment as she rose to her paws, eyes watchful of the subordinate girl as she submitted before her leader. <b style="color:#32527a">"I've just come for a bit of fresh air," The woman answered and rolled her shoulders indifferently. <b style="color:#32527a">"And you? I don't believe I've seen you since you joined the Glen. I do hope you've been keeping to the east side of the mountain." Borlla found that she had a right to be suspicious of these new souls who seemed to think that they could disappear for days, weeks at a time without a word. How was that beneficial to their family, their pack? Her words, however suspicious, were not accusatory. The girl seemed good-natured and intelligent, but Borlla just wanted to ensure that the wolves of the Glen were not straying too far from their trees. <b style="color:#32527a">

Played by Nix who has 38 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Éponine Stark
              Éponine enjoyed the moment of coolness that the shade from the tree had offered her in the heat of the day. The black mask upon her face absorbed the heat when the sun shone directly on her and it made traveling in the height of day unbearable at times in the summer. Chartreuse eyes fell upon her leader once again as she spoke about getting some fresh air. The Stark child could not really understand the pressures that rested on one's shoulder once the responsibility of a pack and children fell upon them. It was something she would one day hope to experience, but she was sure that would not be for a few years at least.

"I came out here in hopes of finding some plant life that I may be familiar with," she commented, looking about her at the sparse bits of grass that stuck up from the cracks in the rock. "But, clearly I was mistaken for coming here," she said with a light-hearted laugh motioning to the sparse bits of plant life, including the tree that were around them. "Ataneq has been showing me the surrounding area, but most of my time has been spent exploring our pack lands," she continued, turning her gaze back to Borlla. As much as the itch of adventure took her, she did not dare stray too far. The farthest she moved from the pack lands would be two hours travel at most, and she could return much quicker if need be. She was always within howling distance, because she did not want her leaders to worry. Especially with the little ones running about.
table copyright argent / neffs @ deviantart.com
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Lowering her rump to the ground, Borlla relaxed upon her haunches. There was no need to stay standing, especially not in the glaring warmth of the day. She was glad that warmth was coming and the rain was pushing away, albeit a bit late into the season. But the Glen Leader was in no position to complain. It could have been snowy and awful, so what right did she have to complain about a bit of rain? At least the threat of rain brought with it thick clouds, giving occasional respite from the blaring sun. A smile reached the sunlit orange eyes of the pale woman, glad to finally be meeting her packmates, getting to know them. Just a few weeks ago, she'd been denbound with her children and worried that she could be too far gone to make friends. But it clearly wasn't and here she was now, pleasantly conversing with the lovely Eponine, who would certainly make her pack proud.

<b style="color:#32527a">"It is a bit dead around here, isn't it?" The woman chuckled, ears twitching with amusement. Glancing down at the deadish flora at her paws, she scraped at the earth, pulling up some of the greenery. <b style="color:#32527a">"I'm not quite sure what use this could be." Chuckling, she lifted her paw, the tiny sprout and root system caught between her toes and dangling there. <b style="color:#32527a">"It's very nice of him to show you around." Borlla said, a bit of intrigue in her voice, and she put her paw down. <b style="color:#32527a">"But I suppose it's good to have someone familiar around you in this new place. And speaking of that, I do hope you're finding our lands more familiar, as well?" She smiled, the curious hinting tones gone from her voice, replaced by genuine interest. <b style="color:#32527a">