581 Users Online
Google, Bing, Galen

Birds Flying High — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 231 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ashanti "Celestina" Aranna
@Bane and @Nina

Ashanti and her son had pushed forward towards the scents of Nina and her pups in their own den. Ashanti wanted everything to be as it used to be, though she knew it would never be, she had Bane to take care of now, and Nina had her own. She had recovered much being stuck in the den by herself with the puppy. The pup reminded her so much of a friend she once had, she’d even call him a former love interest. Hollow and Nina, Koda, all of them had no idea about what the name Bane truly meant to her, it probably sounded like it was because she considered him a poison to her, but it wasn’t. She would explain it to anyone who asked. The black fur of the pup beside her, she was confident he would grow to be strong, just as Hollow had said, he would be good if he was loved as he should be.

She had grown very protective of the pup, and she was surprised he hadn’t asked about his father yet, it was lucky for her because she had no idea what she would tell him if he did ask, and more than once she had gone to the herb stores just to meditate and think. She would never abandon him; only keep her distance from him. She knew in her heart she wanted to go looking for her sister and her friend, but she could never abandon Secret Woodlands or her pup unless absolutely necessary for their health. Closure in her life was what she had when she found out that he was dead, the evil man who had done this. It was almost relieving to know no other females would be affected like she was. She arrived at the entrance to Nina's den. "Nina, may I come in, I brought someone to meet you." She whispered, and by someone, she meant Bane.

[Image: Ashanti-greysig02.png]
Played by Vami who has 183 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Bane
The pup was absolutely silent, savor the shuffling of long, unmatched limbs as he moved along the floor of the forestry, trying to keep up with his mother as he stumbled along awkwardly. The lands were green and very much so, filled with think vegetation and long, large, towering trees that rose up to the bright blue of the sky and the burning of the sun. His questions remained at bay, but he learned that his mother was willing to answer unspoken questions if he stared at something hard and long enough in wonder. He would listen to his mother and when she said things and spoke of things he did not understand like 'grass', 'dirt', 'bug' and 'birds' he would watch her eyes and her movements, learning what these things were through observation. Now, his sight was dimmed to the need for scent as he takes in the smell of other wolves, similar in pup-like manner from his own scent and very much mixed with deeper ones as his mother's own. He remains out from his mother's back left limb, his neck reaching out in curiosity as he waited.
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The pups were all out with Koda that day, enjoying their father’s company and out sightseeing the new world that had much to display for them all. The alpha had been expecting to get some rest from the long days that she had been kept up with her children, not that she had ever minded. It was relaxing and she felt much more secure with her children in view. Now that they had gone out, she found herself casting her single eyed gaze around the cave den, trying to find anything that would be amiss when her offspring returned to her, hopefully in one piece. Rest was not something the lady could receive though, as she found herself eventually getting up from her position, stretching, and then pacing around the den, her shoulders flexing with every movement.

Today was her lucky day though, for the sound of scrambling paw steps sounded out of the den and a fairly familiar voice called to her. Sitting down gracefully, a small smile crept onto her lips, calling back out to her subordinate, an excited tail wagging behind her. "Of course, Ashanti! Please come and sit with me!" The last time she had seen Ashanti things had not gone over well, as the subordinate had snapped at her alpha, leaving the mother in distress and tired. Nina had simply brushed it off as hormones, knowing that the woman she knew did not normally act in such a way. Hopefully, things were going to be settling today and they would have no problem, as for the most part, the two women’s ranging hormones would be put to an end, save their motherly instincts. She now waited, waiting and hoping, that the visitor that was being brought to her, was the new Aranna.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank

Ashanti smiled as Nina called out for them to come inside, she nudged Bane forward gently, her eyes calm as she remembered the last time she had seen Nina, it was that day with the stranger at the borders, one of the days that she liked to forget. She went in the den, sitting down and watching her child as he was about to meet his leader, he would grow to be a Woodlands wolf through and through, she would personally make sure of it. She found herself becoming more mentally sound, accepting what had happened and recovering from it. "I brought Bane to see you, he is quite the little adventurer." She said with a smile, knowing that there were times he would ‘sneak out’ of the den while she would discreetly follow him around, letting him ‘wander on his own’ under the protection of her eye.

Ashanti did hope that Nina was alright, noticing all her children were gone was a more concerning matter, but Ashanti did figure that their father or maybe Hollow had taken them out exploring. "Did one of our packmates steal your children for the day?" She asked, knowing that it was probably their father, a perhaps sensitive topic around Bane, she always feared that he would have nightmares, or ask about his father and she never had the nerve to tell him the truth. She had no idea what to say about the man whom she did not even have a name to. She always found that it was better to leave topics alone, and not talk about them. The black furred pup would no doubt ask about him, but she would probably give no answers until he was old enough to know about the truth. He was far from ready to learn about it. She always seemed to be looking at him, and he did remind her of an old friend that she missed so dearly.

Inactive Deceased
Bane
No question of a father would arrive, not this day, not while he was left blinded to what a father was, or that a 'father' was even in existence. There was mother and until this day, only mother for him. With his mother's nudge, he moves into the darkness of the den, formed by rock and bramble, hidden away in the heart of this Woodland forest far from where intruders could get without being attacked in the process. It was Nina's den, the family den and something he had not been a part of until now.

Much larger then he was used to, the child pauses within the entrance to view the corridors. So many scents, mainly of this woman Nina, another adult and three children he knew nothing of, fogged his mind as his sense of scent took over and he began moving about slowly, curiously and cautiously. His nose worked wildly, those his puppy blue eyes remained on the earthen hued woman. She was a stranger, a large one and the pup instinctively did not take to the confrontation of a much larger predator with ease. Even as his mother took time to speak to her freely, Bane was keeping his eyes on this one, that was for sure.
(This post was last modified: Jul 06, 2013, 11:58 PM by Bane.)
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

She happily watched with her single eye as the mother and her son entered her own birthing den, her emerald eye trailing down to the small black pup that seemed to be searching through her den. He was what she would call cute and a small smile crossed over her lips. When her subordinate spoke, she looked up to the white woman, speaking in a soft tone, "Thank you for bringing Bane here, Ashanti. He is handsome and an additional member to our family." She nodded to the larger woman in front of her. When the pair had first met, Nina had remembered how she had pretty much towered over Ashanti, and now standing there she could definitely tell the change they had gone through. The young woman standing in front of her proved that much to her and she knew that Bane was also evidence to such a thing. Nina was impressed by how the young lady was holding up, but knew she would have to pull her to the side eventually, she did not wish for anything bad to happen.

The alpha’s green eye then strayed back towards the young boy in front of them, her tail wagging excitedly behind her, "I hope you like your home, Bane." Her attention was stolen once again by Ashanti, her own golden brown ears flicking forward to hear Bane’s Mother’s voice. Nodding her head, she placed a delicate smile upon her lips, deciding to answer but not exactly putting out a point to make Ashanti or Bane too uncomfortable. She figured that she was better safe than sorry anyway. "Yes. My children are out with Koda." Her eye then flashed towards Bane once again, before settling back upon Ashanti, "I’m not sure if you have heard, but my sister came to the Lore... She is no threat." She remembered Ashanti telling her at one time that she had encountered Ash and had engaged in fighting with her half brother and she did not want that happening to another sibling. She then turned to Bane, her golden brown ears relaxing, "So Bane. What do you think of outside?"

Inactive No Rank

Ashanti smiled, Nina was always so welcoming of her and she accepted Bane, even if not everyone knew who he was, to Ashanti's knowledge, Bane had never met Nina's pups and same with Ashanti. Ashanti found no surprise when Nina said that they were out with Koda, and Ashanti felt a wave of relief when Nina hadn't said that they were out with they're father. She smiled and nodded when Nina had said that she was happy that the young mother and her son had stopped by, and she started to talk to Bane then. Then when Ashanti heard that Nina had a sister in the lore, and she was tensed up until she made a point to mention that she was no threat, Asha would not worry.

Ashanti nodded and spoke, she found that experiences helped change a wolf, like she found she was more mature after what had happened, but also less likely to trust others. "I look forward to meeting her Nina." She said happily, she gazed back at Bane when Nina addressed him, she gave a small little nod in case he was a little bit shy. Though she knew he probably wouldn't have an issue with answering the question. To Ashanti's knowledge he loved it in Secret Woodlands, but Asha had started to disappear a lot, to the herb stores or to check and make sure others were alright. She was most concerned about Hollow, who had practically worked himself to sleep every day, but she had to trust he wouldn't hurt himself with overworking.

Inactive Deceased
Bane
His small, rounded ears perked each time he heard his name, understanding of this title more then he really understood anything in his life at the moment, granted much of it was very new to him. He did not know what being 'handsome' meant, though he did understand what family was. Ashanti was his family, his mother, and the only one he was aware of until Nina's words now, which confused him. Nina could not be his mother too, so how was he family to her? A question likely to be figured out with time, that he was her pack member, under her protection and an 'extended' part of the family, even if they were not bound by blood. Much to complicated for the child to wrap his mind around now, so he merely smiled, half listening about her sister, someone named Koda and he smiles weakly at the mention of likely his home, a home he had yet to fully know.

Now the other woman's full attention was upon him, pausing his eyes from which they were roaming to focus on her. The spot light on him, he was a bit nervous, but unwilling to back out and run off from the direct attention just yet. Puppy-blue eyes shift to his mother who nods to confirm it was alright to talk to this woman who was still yet a stranger to him. Adhering his mother, he shifts closer to the woman and speaks: "Big. Pretty. So...much." His sentence is choppy, speaking only words he knew and knew how to speak properly instead of stumbling over words he could not quite say. There was still so much of his home he needed to understand and for now it was only trees, bushes, grass, and much more trees.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Ashanti’s acknowledgement to what she had said about her sister brought a small, kind smile upon her lips. Even after everything the young woman had been through, she had fought and had ended up on the good side of things, at least that’s how Nina viewed it. As her lips pulled into a thin line once again, she kept her attention solely on the young man in front of her. He definitely was a handsome one, even if he did not look anything like his mother. He either got his look from an older generation within Ashanti’s family or…looked just like his father. The alpha knew it would be best not to mention this in front of both Bane and Ashanti, in fears up upsetting them, but hopefully Ashanti would address the whole ‘father’ ordeal. If not…Nina would address it herself when the time arose. She had heard of the talk about how Ashanti’s attacker had died in the war, being one of the diseased, thank goodness he had not carried the disease. There was no telling what that would have done to the young mother.

At the short answer that she received she was happy enough to have even gotten words out of the young man. Though his sentence fragments weren’t perfection, his articulations were well on their well. Speaking calmly and kindly, she projected her voice to the young boy, "Well, I am extremely happy to hear that. This is your home after all…" Letting her tail flick behind her slightly, she turned back towards Ashanti, giving her a quizzical look before speaking, "Ashanti…I know you specialize in more than one skill…and I was wondering how you would feel if I gave you the role of Teacher? It would give you a chance to practice all your skills, including healing and helping others, while also giving you more time with your son. Before I made any last decisions, I wanted to run it by you." She then sat down comfortably, waiting for the woman’s response.

Inactive No Rank

Ashanti had a smile to her as Bane spoke that he liked it in Secret Woodlands, it made her happy to know he at least liked it here. When Nina turned her attention to her, she took a deep breathe. When Nina suggested she become a teacher, instead of a healer, Ashanti was really torn. There was time with her son and her being able to teach the children. But also, it meant that she couldn't focus on what she had a passion for. She was a healer at heart, and though she was alright with hunting, and fighting even, she liked healing the most. She started to answer, but she felt like she was still undecided. "I-I mean, I don't know Nina, I feel like I want to be a healer, and that I wouldn't be working with herbs and everything that much if I were to be a healer..."

She was honest at the very least, her glanced at her paws before glancing at Bane, who she hoped would at least inherit her eyes, and not the evil man's eyes. She wanted a part of her inside of him, but she didn't want to be too optimistic. Her white fur still laid flat, and her eyes had uncertainty. She was growing to love her child more and more, but she was a bit scared of when Bane would start to understand more things, like the fact that he was the only child to her, and how he had never met his father. She was in truth, terrified of his 'teenage years' or even his early childhood.