341 Users Online
Bing, Google, Miriam

Paws I follow — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hana who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jak Wayha
Jak Wayha
Should I be a jackass or a gentleman? Such a hard decision...

The man's paws were weary. He was not built for speed, nor for endurance, though he did have quite a bit of stamina. He had been traveling alone for a while now and he was just plain tired, though he would never say that to another living soul. Weakness was for cowards. If you showed weakness, you were a target.

And becoming a target was never good. His father had drilled that into his skull, along with his sibling, Louie. They had made a vow to never let down their father. Their King.

And that's why he found himself here. In this place of new and old scents of passing wolves. He knew, in his gut, that his sister was here. That worthless piece of shit. He knew she was here. Hiding probably, like the coward she was. Like the abomination she was.

A dark chuckle escaped his maw. He couldn't wait to see her face, when her 'dear' brother showed up in town. There was just one little problem. He had no idea where she was.

But that could be easily fixed. He just had to play the role of the 'caring' brother, looking for his little sister, because he loved her 'oh so much.' He scoffed lightly at the thought. he knew, somewhere deep in his mind, that he probably did love her, but that part was small.

She was not really his blood sister, so it didn't matter. His paws continued on, moving automatically. Jak knew his large frame had dwindled slightly because of the months that he had been traveling as a loner, but he knew that that wouldn't be a problem in his search.

The large wolf took a deep sniff of the scents around him, and one thought was circling through his head.

Little sister, I hope your ready, because I've come to make your life hell.

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
*Jumps in to protect Sloane's pack mate*

She was so confident moving through the thickets around her, shoulder pushed back as she commanded the space around her to make her look bigger than she really was. Life had been quite content in the Woodlands pack ever since her pups were born. Ashton, Danica, and Tacoma were growing quite fast and she loved watching them with her single eye. It was so encouraging watching them grow up, not having to watch their back and be on the run. Their childhood would hopefully not be as bad as her own had been along with her own sister’s. She moved gracefully through her territory now though, content that she did not have to have her pups hanging onto her every few seconds. It was nice to have a little bit of few time and not having to worry (too much) about her three children.

Eventually, she had made her way past the territory, and saw a little bit of movement out of her left eye. Instinctively she turned towards the shadow, her single eye glancing around. Strongly and evenly, she called out, "Is someone there?" Her body posture was relaxed but demanding at the same time, and according to the wind, there was definitely someone there, though she also knew that it was no one she knew. They had been caught though and Nina raised her chin up slightly, her emerald orb shown proudly and strongly, easily letting the power and strength she had radiate off of her. Pursing her lips, she scanned the area one more time, letting her single eye land on what she was sure was a brownish patch of fur.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Hana who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jak Wayha
Jak Wayha
Should I be a jackass or a gentleman? Such a hard decision...

xD

The man was so deep in thought that he didn't even notice the other wolf's scent in the air until it was too late.

Her voice rang out clear and confident, and Jak twisted his tired limbs to put a face to the voice. He had already known it was a woman by her tone, so when he actually faced the fellow beast, his eyes drank her in.

Her pelt was full, light brown, with a tint of golden. Her right eye was shut, but her left was a bright emerald green. Weakness, his mind automatically thought. She was blind, and that was an advantage, for him, if she decided to attack. Not that she would, if he could help it. But according to her strong, confident stance, he decided that she was well fit enough to hold her own in a fight with him, even with the blind eye as a disadvantage.

His perusal of her took mere seconds. His father had taught him to always assess the situation, find out the person's weaknesses and strengths, so that it was possible he could convert them into advantages for himself later on.

Even if he was only two years of age, his brain now automatically did a look-over to anyone and everything, just to be on the safe side. He was brought up with it, and that's how he would die.

It had been about a minute since her question had been flung towards him, and he decided it was finally time to speak. Placing a well-known charming, gentle smile upon his maw, he spoke. "Hello there Miss. I hope I'm not intruding, I made sure to not get too close to the borders I scented. Are you part of the pack that I scented?" He was actually generally curious, but he was mostly asking so he could get some information about these lands.

He didn't want to bring up Inali just yet, but he would later on. Maybe she was close? His paws itched at the thought.

Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
*Buts in* XD

Even though the dark male had been told not to overdo it he could not stand to be laying around all day. Hollow had gotten used to working hard all day and everyday so the thought of idle time almost irked at him like a thorn in his paw. So instead he had taken to trailing his pack mates to asses their strengths and weaknesses to better protect them in the event that it was necessary. Eva's size would be a hindrance to her in a fight however her speed would be an advantage. Iopah would be well off enough but he knew that there was an underlying fear of losing her pack mates. Which could be used as a mind trick by an enemy if they learned of it.

Even Azariah and Ashanti had their weaknesses, Ashanti's mind being one, a particularly aggressive wolf could scare her to parylization and Azariah had never fought an enemy before. Koda was probably the best fighter in the pack whereas Nina was stout enough save for her eye and the very slight stain on one leg that could be seen very very rarely and if one was watching. Still he followed even with his knowledge already locked his mind. Just as an extra precaution he could take on his own.

Even with his limp he found that his time spent weaving through the Thickets still lent him stealth. It was with this stealth that he was shadowing Nina with now, keeping himself low and quiet only brushing things if it was unavoidable, and knowing Nina's keen mind and sharp senses she had probably guessed at it. But Hollow did not care if she knew, it was his duty to protect his pack mates from anything and everything he could foresee.

Eventually though as unusual as it was Nina stopped and caused him to step on a twig as she spoke. Hopefully unnoticed he waited until another male materialized before them. He seemed just as stout as Hollow though a little less well fed no doubt. As he spoke Hollow set all of his weight on his shoulder and strode out from his hiding place to stand directly on Nina's blind side. A clear indication that he was well ready to protect his leader. Even through the flashes of pain that shot up his shoulder he kept a stone face. "Hello Nina." He bent low to her to show this wolf exactly whom he was speaking to and then hoisted himself back up to stand with his head and tail raised just low enough to to send a message; This is our leader stranger, I am second. Be careful of how you treat this situation. "Hello to you as well, I am Hollow Nite." A nod of his head and he fell silent. waiting for the chance to say anything else or spring into action should it be necessary.

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

On her way towards the borders and past she had indeed noticed that someone had been following her, and though she had a sneaking suspicion as to who to who it was, she did not say anything. Considering that the wind was not on her side from the way her follower was, she did not get a chance to catch a whip of the scent, but she was pretty sure that the wolf was a Secret Woodlands wolf. It was also a dead giveaway that when she stopped a large snap issued behind her. She ignored it though, knowing full well that the wolf behind her was of no harm…to her at least. She waited for the male in front of her to answer, and it was taking awhile, which made the woman slightly agitated. She did not want to stand here if he was not going to respond to her, it was a waste of her time when she could be doing something way more productive. She assessed her situation well though, for she could easily tell that he was larger than her, meaning that she was much faster, which was a relief in itself.

When Hollow came by her blind side she did not even flinch, feeling the rush of wind that moved her golden brown fur slightly and let her know that he was there. She gave him an approving glance as he bowed for her, but there was a small glint of disappointment in there only for him. She had hoped that she would heed her warning of staying down low for a little while until he was healed, but apparently the Guardian would take no such luxuries. She could tell since the first time he had been injured that he would definitely be on her favorite patients list. And it wasn’t because he didn’t listen; it was because he tested himself, which she liked in a majority of her patients. Focusing her attention back on the loner in front of her, she spoke calmly and firmly, "That I am…and…who might you be?"

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.