Bing, Google

combat baby — Cold Water Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ver who has 41 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Fiora Geddes
@Shade
Fiora Geddes
Primadonna girl, all I ever wanted was the world.

Fresh at home, Fiora was not privvy to be bounding too far from the borders. Magnolia Glen was every damn bit as pretty as she imagined it to be. The lush valley hummed with the voice of the creek as it trickled by, and she imagined herself to be some sort of great queen of ancient when she lay in the fallen pink petals beneath the shade of the trees. This land of Borlla's was prime real estate and she found herself consciously trying to appreciate it as much as she could, if that said anything of her.

As much as she loved it (and she did) Fiora found herself wondering if she had bit off a bit more than she could chew. The very mark of their borders was like a freaking wall, scent after scent, all of them different, layered together. There were many wolves who had found the Glen all too enticing just as she had. It was a classic case of knowing what you wanted and being too scared to go for it, except that Fiora had ended up somehow half way. She was part of the pack. She just had to go forward and meet the rest of her pack mates, since there were plenty, and being surrounded by pack mate friends was what she had wanted. Did want.

Instead she found herself walking the border that had intimidated her so, trying to keep one cold blue eye out for strangers who shouldn't be there while the majority of her mind concerned her with herself (how typical). Fiora was quick to realize border patrol wasn't really working with so much of her thought time spent on working through her own nerves. Being surrounded by that smell-wall didn't help. With a guilty grimace she pressed beyond the borders, knowing that each step she carried onward would require a bigger reason for its allowance, though strangely she found herself eager to see what else was out there. If anything came of this adventure she might even have something to report back and prove herself to be of some use.

Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Shade had liked to adventure, and he knew as an alpha that he should not be wandering around like this, but the habit still continued forward, and he refused to stop it. His eyes gazing around the cold cut creek, and he knew that he was near the territory to the pack that Phineas and his mate ran, he had to give the man props, leaving the Ridge, he never thought that the man who had left actually had the guts to leave and start a new pack. Shade had recently raised Pitch Pine Trail, though Shade liked to call it Pine Trail when he was alone with the pack. His eyes spotted a magnificent young girl, and she even had the pack smell on her, she was one of Phineas’ wolves.

Though saying that she was one of Phineas’ wolves, it might give her a bad rub, maybe feeling like he thought that she was owned by the ivory man whom Shade had grown to respect despite the pure dislike that Phineas had of him, it was a shame really, they could have been allies, though he supposed it could happen with a long time of mending on Shade’s part. Shade had disappeared before the hunt that Phineas ran, but Rosealia had something dire to talk to him about apparently, and she dragged him away practically, though he did completely blame himself.

His attention snapped back to the daring female before him, he was outside the borders, though close, and he knew that man wolves would have started to question him, and he wondered what this female would do when she noticed him. "Greetings there, I am Shade." He said with a casual introduction.

[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Inactive IV. Yearling
Fiora Geddes
Fiora Geddes

As she meandered along further Fiora caught a whiff of a male nearby. Like many times before, she faced a small panic and wondered what she ought to do. The confidence of knowing her pack was just a short ways away found the answer for her, and she lifted her head to seek out the stranger. Perhaps she could impress Borlla with this encounter.

His voice reached her ears just about the time she was turning her head toward him, preventing her from puffing up like a spitting kitten from being caught off guard. Instead of raising her hackles and baring her teeth as she might've had her heart beat begun to quicken, Fiora had a moment to consider the situation and actually think before acting - a first for her time in the Lore. Lifting her head up swiftly the she-wolf stood calm, curiosity shining in her icy stare, and surveyed the dark brown wolf from some short distance away.

She could smell a number of scents in his pelt that were not Borlla and Phineas', which meant he came from a different pack - and most likely a nearby one, since he was over here. How was she supposed to handle this now? Fiora was passed her border, she knew that much, but how close was too close? Did they like his pack? Did they know about his pack? If she was rude to him would she find out that he was actually Borlla's beloved brother and find herself on her sore ass looking for a home again?

But the moment ran out - turns out she'd wasted all that time she had to act appropriately and was left to wing it (and lie) as was her forte. "Shade," she repeated as a greeting before it got to an awkward amount of pause. "I am Remy, of Magnolia Glen. You seem rather close to our borders." The name flew off her tongue on a whim; she didn't know why she lied. It just seemed more fun than telling the truth. One brow raised as she posed the strategic question, hoping he'd just tell her what he was doing out there rather than her having to interrogate. Fiora lied easily and without remorse, but taking on an actual role involved too much thought. She preferred being Fiora the Liar over Remy the Guard.

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Remy, that name had stuck with him since he first joined Willow Ridge; it had been the name of the former guardian who lurked their borders until disappearing one too many times for Elettra’s liking. He had to admit that the female reminded him a lot of the female there, always uptight and over demanding. "Remy Geddes? Last time I saw you… you didn’t quite talk as much as you just did?" He asked, knowing very well that this female was talking way too much to be Remy, but maybe hoping that she had changed a bit and was now a person to talk. His voice rather questioning, perhaps he was just misunderstanding the situation, she was obviously not Remy but he seemed to overlook that for the time.

His eyes showed obvious confusion, despite his challenges he had never mistaken a wolf for another wolf before. "Sorry… you just remind me of a former packmate of mine." He said, his voice apologetic. "I was just passing by, you’ve got a good alpha for ya, Phineas is a man who is definitely worthy of his title." He said, knowing his former packmate didn’t like him, but that did not change Shade’s respect for the white man. He began to ponder how the man was, after all the man had last seen him when he strayed near Magnolia Glen borders with Capella in front of him, it had been a kinder talk they had had. Then again, they had never talked other than once before the hunt that Shade ended up leaving before it could take place.

(This post was last modified: Jul 02, 2013, 04:43 AM by Shade.)
Inactive IV. Yearling
Fiora Geddes
Fiora Geddes

Fiora's expression went starkly blank when he filled in the last name without even a second of hesitation. How did he know that... she paniced, thinking for a moment that he somehow recognized her, or knew her from somewhere. Some few seconds later did she realize that it wasn't actually Fiora he was speaking to - but genuinely Remy. It was hard to remember her older sister had been a real person and not just some figment of her life, there but not there, the focus of everything like some kind of God in the heavens. She was beginning to adopt a look of distaste, her nose wrinkling ever slightly, when Shade went back and adjusted his words.

You just remind me of a former packmate of mine. Her frozen stare, which had begun to wander, flicked back to the dark male almost instantly. Had he been in a pack with Remy? He actually knew her? All this time her parents' hunches had been right that she'd gone up this way. She'd had a life here. And, well, of course she'd met her demise here as well - but who cared about that. Somehow Fiora wanted to get him talking about her again, but he went on and changed the subject to Phineas. Fiora balked, really not wanting to talk about the guy she barely knew, but she had to act cool.

"Oh, uh, no, no I'm not Remy Geddes. I don't even know who that is," she responded nonchalantly. There had to be a segue-way in to a conversation about her, but Fiora couldn't find it, so instead she just added, "Phineas is great, yeah. How do you know them?" Well, that one was just a Freudian slip. She hadn't actually meant to ask about both of the aforementioned wolves. She failed to correct it, wondering if he would notice.

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Shade saw a bit of confusion to her, and she asked how he knew them. Them, that was the key word to him, and he ignored her comment about not knowing a Remy Geddes. "I was a packmate of Remy and Phineas, back when all of us were in Willow Ridge. Phineas joined for the winter, and then split off with his mate to form here. Remy, I don’t know what happened to her, she disappeared a good two seasons ago." The words were honest and truthful, he remembered Remy little now, other than she hated talking and she always had a bit of a blocky personality, not letting anyone actually get to know her. Perhaps it had been something of the past that made her not trust anyone other than Elettra.

Phineas had joined after her time, and he didn’t like Shade at all, the man hated him, or at least openly disliked him, though Shade knew not the reason for such madness. As far as he could remember, he did not do anything, other than disappear from the pack hunt, it had been a small thing and Shade had just openly disappeared into the night with Rosealia after that. Shade thought about making a small travel, with a wolf or two, to go see Narime and talk about an alliance between the packs, Sloane and Narime’s pack with Shade and Ana’s. Though he did nope Ana would stay leader, and his mind just went into a headache as he thought about next spring.

Shit, what am I going to so about next spring? I mean, every pack, even Elettra, had puppies in the spring, yet at the same time, I can’t force anyone, I need a new mate. I don’t need one, but I would like someone to fill the hole that Rose left. His thoughts were completely off track to the conversation.

Inactive IV. Yearling
Fiora Geddes
Fiora Geddes

Fiora gobbled up the little pieces he gave her, taking each word with widened eyes. So this man, Shade, and Phineas, her still undiscovered pale Leader, had been together under a pack named Willow Ridge. She wondered if, like Mangolia Glen, the place was situated where there grew plenty of willow trees. She wondered if it was close by. But most of all she wondered why she cared, since she never had, not until that very moment.

Shade's closing remark hadn't been said any differently than the rest of his sentences, but it hit Fiora's ears with an entirely different sound. She disappeared a good two seasons ago... The ruddy yearling prevented her ruff from bristling at the casual remark while his voice trailed off and an uncomfortable silence surrounded the two wolves. "Did you look for her? Maybe she died," Fiora commented. She'd meant to say it idly but the statement came out rather dry, almost angry on her sister's behalf that they didn't know what had happened to her when Fiora had to see her corpse with her own eyes. Not trusting her pale eyes to keep her emotions a secret she cast her gaze off through the trees, blinking only so that she wouldn't narrow her eyes.

Then again, he seemed entirely distracted following his short speech, and Fiora would hardly be surprised if he had heard her at all. The silence was awkward but for once she didn't have much to say. Certainly she tried, racking her brain for even the most cliche of small talk, but there was nothing to contribute. Every time she thought to find words hiding behind her teeth they would disappear, stolen by a lifeless image, a fixation for which she could not fathom reason.

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Shade knew himself to be no better than Remy in terms of leaving Willow Ridge, and he knew none of her reasons for it. All he knew was that there was a time where he had looked up to her, and then she disappeared, her scent returned a season later and she was gone once more. "Died? No, she returned, but disappeared once more. I cannot speak for Remy or what happened to her, I know not where she is or if she is dead now, but I had a job to do and couldn’t leave to look for her." It was the truth, he could not leave as long as he stood with the role of lead Guardian, nor did he want to leave the safety of the Ridge, at least not until he had met Rosealia.

Rosealia had soon after left him, and left him alone with her children, their children. He felt alone more than ever, but he felt as if he could trust this wolf, yet not trust this wolf at the same time. There was something about her that made his fur stand on edge. Shade’s dark fur stood out in this place, and as soon as he finished talking to the girl, he would depart for the safety of his own place. It was a growing family day by day, and he knew he might need allies so he made a simple request of Fiora. "If you could, do you think you could ask Phineas if we could meet some time? I think that your alpha and I need to talk about something." He left it vague, not willing to go into detail.

Inactive IV. Yearling
Fiora Geddes
Fiora Geddes

Initially she was irritated by how swiftly he'd refuted her "guess", though he was quick to explain what he'd meant. I know not where she is or if she is dead now he'd said, which Fiora took to imply he was wrapping up the subject but it didn't make her any less mad. Not like she'd ever known Remy, and in fact she had blindly hated the woman - but now it just felt like a great disrespect had been given to a member of her own family. Maybe she hadn't cared for those who were actually members of her blood, but the ruddy yearling desperately craved a place of belonging, and by association the dark-furred male was really not doing himself any favors.

So she raised an eyebrow then when he super cryptically asked for an audience with her superior. Fiora raised her chin slightly, still uncertain of anything about this brown-furred man besides his vague connections to her life. "That's a little vague for me to run off telling my alpha. Phineas and Borlla are exquisitely busy running their show. They'll need a good reason to honor requests." Was that true? Maybe, maybe not. Fiora hadn't spent extensive amounts of time with her Leaders. But she at least had the brain to act like it to outsiders, so that was something for her.

"Shade," she began, as if she had very nearly forgotten his name, "Do you have some sort of position that entitles you to an audience with Magnolia Glen?" Her tone was formal, but her blue eyes were criminally cold. The man was kind of scary, not gonna lie, with his enigmatic request and distracted demeanor. Maybe he was a cold-blooded killer. Maybe this was all a huge trap for Phineas! Fiora couldn't possibly know. All she knew was that suddenly she wasn't too pleased to be out here alone.

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Shade nodded to the female, it was understandable that she would want to know why he wished to speak the alpha, especially if he was just a lone wolf. While he had a pack scent on him, it was fainter since the pack was newer than most. "Yes ma'am, I do have a title, Leader of Pitch Pine Trail." He stated simply, understanding how busy his former packmate must be, as well as who appeared to be Phineas' mate, some lucky gal named Borlla, or maybe lucky, he didn't know about anything involving the lives of Magnolia Glen. His tail remained where it was, and had a lack of movement, no wag, this was technically pack business, though he wasn't the one being a leader, he was requesting that this female deliver a message.

He looked at her, not gazing her in the eyes or anything, and he said his message. "I want to meet with Phineas and or Borlla sometime, to discuss becoming allies." His mind raced with the different thoughts. There was the pack was was to the north east of Pitch Pine Trail who didn't like them very much, or at the very least, one of their members was out to get them. There was Willow Ridge who would naturally have tension with them given Shade's abandonment as well as Rose's. Secret Woodland's, or at least their alpha, didn't like Shade. He figured getting allies would be nice, he'd be sending Silver to Whisper Caverns because he was friends with Narime, and he would go himself but it was a bit far. He had to stay with the pack.