Google, Magg, Bing, Sophrosnia

Living someone else’s life — Secret Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Isadora Montyago
Hover for translation :]

Words: 615

She just wanted to settle down and stay under the radar so the man might not find her, her light brown eyes gazing around the surroundings, she could smell the wet grass, there was a major source of water nearby, but she did not go for it, not with the scents of a pack borders in the way of her and a drink. Though she supposed that she could go around the borders, circle them to get to the water, she wanted to know more of this pack, wondering if it was one of security and peace, or if it was at war with a pack. She raised her muzzled up into the sky, howling for the alphas, or really any of the pack, hoping one would respond to her call and meet here where she stood, just outside the borders.

The pack intrigued her, she smelled many, but also few, maybe one or two distinct scents from the borders, probably a limited amount of Guardians, perhaps they needed a Huntress or a Guardian, and she was fairly decent at both, though she could really do anything. She felt a bit nervous, worried that these wolves were vicious like the man, oh how she tried so hard to remember his name. There was something about him that made her think one thing, snake. Though she knew he was a wolf in appearance he seemed more like a snake. She had never even met him before, though the stories were hard to deny, and when she finally had met him, he nearly clawed her face off for looking at his scars. He was anything but nice and kind, the stories had said that he killed his last ‘wife’ because she did not provide a son to him, only daughters, and then it was said he ate the three daughters.

She couldn’t help but gaze across the borders, she could scent all the prey that was about and she knew that this was a good place, despite how the wolves might be, and she wanted to call here home. She was always shy, even around people she knew, she was shy around her siblings and parents even. She was almost scared that she wouldn’t be able to get a word out of her throat when a wolf got there. Her eyes filled with a sudden caution and worry, what if these wolves didn’t want her for her shyness. She was overreacting, she knew in the end she would be fine, but for now, she was freaking out. Her tail lax and unmoving, ready to tuck itself under her stomach in submission when the alphas, or for that matter, any wolves got there. Her ears were ready to fold down flat against her head and perhaps she could even get a lick on the chin in.

She had no idea how these wolves would react, unless some of them were her family, in which she would probably be killed for abandoning them, and in turn condemning them all to death. But the man was after her now, following her, in fact, at that moment her fur went on edge. She felt like something was boring into her soul from behind, watching her, she turned, but like a whisper, no one was there. It seemed like after only two months, the trouble, the man, they were all disappearing from her life, and that was all she ever wanted. That is all she would continue to want. " Это было странно, я был уверен, что кто-то там." She whispered to herself, and her eyes were calming once more, though there was a prick of cautiousness mixed in the center.

Played by Ver who has 365 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya

Ava's patrol had nearly ended (granted it had been a short one) when the loner's cry made its way to her. Dark ears swiveled toward the source of the sound, giving a flick of interest before the night-cloaked she-wolf adjusted her path and loped onward. In truth she was rather eager to find a new face. Cinder, Mace, Rowan and Quil were growing by the day it seemed like and she could use as many pairs of eyes as she could trust to make sure they remained safe as they indubitably found their way into trouble.

It was not long before the dark woman intercepted their guest. An amused smile softened her features as she came upon the loner - she was dark as night, just like her, her beloved, and their four sleeping away in the den. Surely her members were beginning to wonder if the Attayas were building some sort of cult. She took some interest in noting her youth; she couldn't be more than a yearling. Of course, this made sense - who else but the kids would be leaving their home lands and seeking out their own path? As for her strength she appeared to be in good health, noting no obvious injuries or other reason for wanting sanction within their borders.

With an ease to her dominance the dark Queen raised her chin, amber eyes burning as she surveyed her prospect. Her tail rose to signify her Leadership, though the tip curled over her back slightly, not stiffening as she hardly knew what to expect of the young wolf before her. If there was a threat here she did not detect it, but she would remain quietly wary for the sake of her trusted followers if not herself.

"You call on the border of Darkwater Rapids," she stated quite simply, knowing that if she had an interest in joining them the first thing she ought to do was learn what they called themselves. "My name is Ava Attaya." That was the second. The rest of her questioning went on silently, a curious gleam in her vibrant eyes, knowing that whatever the girl's purpose was here she would offer it up herself without the redundancy of an interrogation.

Allie

hmm, I didn't realize how big I made her sig bit until just now xD here's a slightly re-sized one: click
(This post was last modified: Jun 29, 2013, 05:07 PM by Ava.)
Inactive No Rank
Isadora Montyago
<3

Words: 500

Isadora waited with a small anticipation for one of the alphas, and it didn’t take long for them to reach her and introduce themselves, or more of her instead of them, the female leader of the pack she now knew the name of, Darkwater Rapids. "H-Hello ma’am, I’m Isadora M-Montyago." She said, knowing that she was stuttering, but it wasn’t often that she willingly talked to wolves, so the situation was a bit awkward for her. "I-I seek a home." She said a bit quietly, her eyes gazing across the borders still, her tail had tucked underneath her and she had bowed in respect to the alpha, it was one move that she had learned with her time of Silverhorse Grave. In her birth pack, she had never had to submit to the adults, it was not something that her parents believed pups did.

She never knew with her parents, all she did know was that they hated her now. She felt like they were all watching her, on earth, with Cilcar, everything that she knew and loved gone because she didn’t want to become close to a vicious man, he was a lot older then her anyways. She waited for the alpha to speak, hoping that her stuttering didn’t affect her chances; she was simply a shy one. Talking never really did matter in a hunt, and so Isa never used it. "Most call me Isabel though." She said quietly, forgetting about her clever nickname. She liked the name Isadora, but she liked the name Isabel even more, and that was something that she was willing to use for every day encounters, perhaps even more then Isadora, but she didn’t hold her breathe.

Isa wanted, and hoped for desperately, that they would allow her presence within the pack; she would carry her own weight, perhaps as more of a Hunter than a Guardian. She had been hunting in the night a lot, since her pelt blended into the area more, especially in a place with many shadows. The alpha before her seemed independent, and strong. A good leader was many things, including independent and strong, those traits were the key to a successful pack, and traits the man did not have. She tried hard to remember his name, she knew even it started with an I, but she did not know the name, for she was always trying to forget it.

She threw something else out there, one being things that she was told in her old pack. "I’ve been t-told I’m a h-hard worker." She told the female, and she scorned herself for stuttering, an apology almost as an instant reaction. "S-sorry I-I stutter, I-I don’t normally t-talk to o-other w-w-wolves." Stuttering in her apology for stuttering was always a bad side in herself. She had no idea why she was so… insecure. She could talk perfect and fluent Russian without a stutter in it, what was different about the main language or the common tongue of the area?

Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya

Ava let her chin fall ever slightly with a delicate nod for a greeting to Isadora, or Isabel. The girl's accent intrigued her, wondering how far she had traveled before she made it to her doorstep. But Ava would keep her questions to herself, noting that the answers she sought at the threshold to her home were not regarding invasive attempts to grasp a stranger's personal life. Stowing her curiosity the she-wolf listened intently as she spoke her intentions, wondering if the stutter was fear-related or not. The dark yearling was a far cry from Lily's anxiety, but perhaps she was just better at hiding it.

Not speaking wasn't a big issue, as she'd realized Swift River had gotten along quite well with that terrifying copper beast that patrolled their borders. She'd been told he hardly said a word, and would've believed he didn't understand spoken language either had it not been for that dreadful, dreadful night when she'd disturbed the tension that had once been the pinnacle of Swift River and Poison Path relations. The point was that communication could go smoothly without it, and that was certainly an important part of pack life - but first, cooperation.

"Well, Isabel. I appreciate hard work, especially now. I have young that must be looked after and fed, but most importantly, protected." She kept her gaze steady on the female's light brown stare, hoping to convey that her message was sincere and her desires were to be met around these parts. "Why should I give my trust to you?" The question was as gently worded as Ava could have it, no scorn or scrutiny held within her flame-colored stare. Rather she required the truth, or some sort of promise of loyalty, before she would strike a proper bargain. She had no intention of sending the youth away and did in fact like the prospect of having another set of eyes. It wasn't choosiness that she spoke for, but plain common sense.

Allie
Inactive No Rank
Isadora Montyago

Words: 595

Isadora was asked one simple question, and she had to think really hard about how to respond. Why should the female alpha trust a stranger she had hardly met before. There was no reason why she should trust her, especially with the young that she spoke of being around. "I can’t really s-s-speak for that. I-I was a-always t-taught that trust was e-earned through h-hard work and t-that it n-needed time to d-develop." She stated, it was all that her parents had taught her. She had learned that to trust someone after first meeting them was a bad idea because it was too early to tell whether or not the wolf had pure intentions, Isadora knew that the female could trust her, but there was no way to prove it to the female except for over time where there was a development to the relationship.

Knowing that what she just said was probably the wrong thing to say, she backed it up with some more words, just better and more thought out ones. "I-I can o-only g-give you my w-word that I will be a loyal member an-and a h-hard worker." She backed it up, hoping that Ava would see the light side and know that she was telling the truth. There was one thing that Isabel was sure about, and it was that this pack would not discriminate that she was a black wolf, the female alpha was as dark as her, if not darker in pelt, and she was, as all alphas, highly respected. Part of Isa wanted to hide from the world, to seclude herself from the heavens and the earth and live her life in solitude where it was impossible to find, but she knew that interactions, being in a pack and everything that came with it, she knew it was best for her.

Her tail stayed tucked under, and she stayed on the loner side of the border, knowing very well that this conversation was probably far from over. Isa was hesitant to talk of old wounds, or bring up her history. She was also hesitant to give up information about herself; and she preferred to show what she was worth rather than saying what she could do. For that reason alone, she was more down and hidden than normal. She probably would never attempt to challenge her way through the ranks, and never would she think about talking a lot to her packmates, those were things that she simply never did. She would speak when spoken to, and she would obey commands without question.

For those reasons, she called it her own way of being loyal. It was how she was raised, and her family did have some very very off beliefs. Such as a weird thing called marriage, when a man and a lady had pups, their youngest female was married off to a male of another pack, and the packs joined, and she didn’t want to marry, which was what brought her here. Her past was a strange, emotional and even tragic one. The fact that the man had been following her, it made her feel like she was always being watched, and there was the feeling again. She glanced over her shoulder briefly, but there was nothing there, and again she cursed silently to herself in Russian, hoping the female didn’t hear, or at least didn’t take action to the paranoid girl who was trying to gain access to her pack, and become a member to serve her loyally, most took paranoia as a bad sign.

Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya

The yearling's philosophy pleased the dark Queen made evident by a gentle smirk that had weaseled its way through Ava's hardened exterior to sit gracefully on her jaws. She was certainly a sharp thing, and she had the confidence to answer truthfully even if her voice quaked. The addition to her statement seemed to be more for Ava's benefit than it was for her own, but she accepted it with a careful nod. "I like your beliefs. It means that you'll prove yourself trustworthy to me." She cracked a grin, though her humorous tone spoke truthfully.

The girl's hopes would be stifled as Ava certainly had noticed her flinching over her shoulder with a quiet, foreign curse slipping off her tongue. Indeed it was worrisome, but not because it would dampen the loner's chances of being admitted. If anything a need for protection would only further the process, as Ava was too caring to deny help when it was asked. The she-wolf didn't look like the murderous type, but she did briefly humor the idea that perhaps she was escaping something would paint her in the wrong light. But she had no right to vilify the girl for nervous behavior. As long as you aren't a threat... she thought, letting her eyes wander from Isadora to scan the treeline as she had before.

"Are you running from something?" she prodded, though shortly. Ava was not seeking her life story, knowing that tragic tales were often no more pleasant to hear than they were to recount. It wasn't any of her business, any way. But if she was seeking sanctuary from something that might come knocking on her doorstep, Ava had to know.

Allie
Inactive No Rank
Isadora Montyago

Words: 461

Isadora found herself becoming more confident, and her voice not quaking as much as Ava tried to lighten the tone for their conversation, joking almost that Isa would prove herself to her, it was a good sign to the female who was seeking acceptance. Then Ava noticed her worried glances, her curses, it had to have looked bad, most wolves who did that were thieves, murderers, and those who hid from shadows that they did not want to find them. Isa was no criminal and again the truth came out, and Isa wondered if it too had any effect on the decision Ava would make on whether to accept her or leave her for another pack. "A-A evil s-shadow of the p-past." She replied, thinking very well of the name, and she suddenly remembered I, her ebony lips parting once more, saying one word, one simple word that haunted her, hunted her. "Indiago."

Isa must have looked crazy to Ava, for saying a random meaning, which had no affect whatsoever to the female alpha, but to only Isabel. Ava did not know the backstory behind Isa coming to the borders, and she probably didn’t care to learn it, and the terrifying man from the past was the one that she was talking of, he had slaughtered her first pack, her family and all. Then he found his way to Silverhorse Grave, but while he butchered those packs, who were well aware of who Indiago was and why he was there, there had been a huge rain storm. Isadora had escaped with soaked fur, and the trail had been lost to the man. It all didn’t matter to her that he had no lead to go on, and that he probably didn’t know where to go, and he had probably left her alone, not following. The paranoia that he could be around every nook or cranny had freaked her out the past month, and still there was nothing… yet.

She found herself looking at her paws, she didn’t want to put the woman’s children at risk in any way, but she also wanted a pack to stay in and Ava was nice, and it seemed so was the rest of her lands and pack. "I-If you want, I-I can leave?" She said, thinking that she had blown her chances at getting into the pack with her little paranoid attack, she had nearly given herself a heart attack by looking back behind her, always thinking that when she turned back to face forward, he would be there. She was scared, yes, but that didn’t affect anything to her, she would still have her job and she would still do it. She just hoped that the woman wouldn't VILIFY her and send her away.

(This post was last modified: Jun 30, 2013, 02:16 AM by Isadora.)
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
(oof sorry this post blows D:)

There was something horrible in Isa's expression then, like she felt the ghost's claws upon her back, which Ava frowned to see. She admitted the truth, however painfully and proffered a name, even. Indiago. While Ava was unfamiliar with anyone by the title and, given the she-wolf's accent, she probably had never even seen him in passing, she couldn't help but let her hackles rise a little. Her nose wrinkled to think of a danger, even if it was not personal. The man - she assumed it was - deeply troubled the dark-furred yearling, and it solidified Ava's decision. Cruelty would not reach the innocents. Not if she could help it.

Isa offered to leave but Ava was swift to kill her fears. "Certainly not. There is darkness in every heart but you won't find it in mine to send away someone in need of protection." She offered a reassuring smile, though she was not certain how it would be received, and nodded curtly. "You will swear loyalty to myself and my mate, Leaders of Darkwater Rapids, and we will see to it that any life you had known before this very moment will stay well and good away from you." Strength resonated from her tone as she delivered her piece, lacking absolutely nothing in clarity and resoluteness. Ava was loath to renege on her word and no stranger bloodthirsty for yearlings was going to threaten her honor. That much was a fact.

She kept her gaze steady on the dark youth, giving her words a moment to sink in before prompting, "Do you accept?"

Allie
(This post was last modified: Jun 30, 2013, 03:08 AM by Ava.)
Inactive No Rank
Isadora Montyago
<3 Your writing is always very lovely!

Words: 556

It was the words that followed that she knew, about Ava not having darkness in her heart, it was assumed by some, that all black wolves had a darkness that no one could ever cure, it wasn’t true, for example, Indiago was pure white and evil. The next words after that, an oath that she would have to take and in return she would have a home and a family that would have her back even with the horrors she had in her past, so with pride she said the words that she assumed all pack wolves had to say upon joining the Darkwater Rapids wolves as family. "I swear loyalty to yourself and your mate, Leaders of Darkwater Rapids." It was prideful to know that she had a pack, she accepted of course, no sane wolf would have turned it down, after all she came to the borders to do just that, she came to the borders to join.

She looked upon the borders to her new home, a sudden urge to run past and travel around every bit of it, to take it all in. The fact that Ava had promised to her that she would have a home, and that no harm would ever come to her, that was more then she could ever ask of any wolf. She was a bit worried about it, and her Russian accent giving her away if she were to run into one of the man’s scouts. She might have been the only one in the lore with such an accent, though she hoped not. It sure seemed exotic on Ava’s view. She stayed where she was though; not running off until she was dismissed and she knew that Ava had left her vision to the den, she did not want to seem is a very huge hurry to learn everything. "Ma’am Ava, I’d like to do a lot of hunting with my time." She said, almost surprised that she hadn’t stuttered.

The fact that she hadn’t stuttered was a major accomplishment, and hunting was no joking matter to her, she had learned to hunt properly in her short time with the Silverhorse Grave wolves before she entered the lore, before they were destroyed because she had come to run from Indiago. She felt a graveness, but kept the smile that she wore on her face upon giving the oath. Deception was a wolf’s best friend, but this certainly was no time to hide anything from the lady she would now call alpha, or call Ma’am Ava. She had been taught by her ma to call all pack leaders my the terms ‘Ma’am’ or ‘Sir’ depending on gender and she would do such.

She acknowledged the fact in her heart, that it was her parents own fault that the man was after her in the first place and their fault that they were dead, or wherever they were if they made it out alive. They knew his viciousness, and they knew that Isabel would run, yet that didn’t matter to either of them and they still arranged the marriage to take place. She had left a few weeks before, she was supposed to marry him on her first birthday, which was preposterous because she was not mature enough to say, for a marriage or pups or anything.

Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya

( one more post from you and we're good to archive :D )

Ava listened to Isadora's creed, hearing the sincerity of her words and seeing the honesty gleam in her brown eyes. Though she'd spoken verbatim, she wasn't parroting. Ava knew that the promise was solely her's and every bit as genuine as she wanted it to be. At Isa's admission she smiled, this time broadly. Somehow hearing that another one of her pack mates had a love for the hunt much like she had cultivated in her early years was all together too good. Her skin warmed like the rays of sunlight that scattered among them had increased in intensity, and she chuckled fondly.

"Excellent. I always say the cache is never full enough." A silly motto, one her father used to repeat to her whenever she and her brothers would head out into the forest to bring home smaller game. They'd tried to take deer, many times, but even the three of them were too young and inexperienced to out-maneuver the wise bucks that grazed around Feather Valley. There were deer nearby here, too, for the gentle pond that ran off from Secret Falls was the calmest the water got in these parts. A variety of prey scents were always lingering after Ava's arrival. Maybe with Isadora's enthusiasm they could take one or two for their own. "Perhaps we'll lead a hunt, you and I, and we'll give ourselves a real thrill."

The dark she-wolf swallowed her bloodlust if only to address the last order of business. Gently she moved forward to brush against the younger female, their dark hairs mingling as she pushed passed the others side to leave her mark and the mark of Darkwater Rapids well within her coat. As she turned back to face Isadora once more she reached forward, gently grasping the other's maw within her own jaws. With dominance established she released her hold and started forward a few steps. Leaning her head over her shoulder she cracked a grin. You coming?

Allie