(See All?) Announcements
566 Users Online
Google, Bing

Begin Anew — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Evelynne who has 132 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Cessair Lux

Cessair sat on the bank of the stream, the only stationary object in a forest full of movement. What sunlight remained of the aging day filtered through the canopy of gently waving heart-shaped leaves above to dance like a kaleidoscope of many colors on the soft earth below. The creek at her paws rolled endlessly along, with a few scattered leaves floating on the current like memories, here and gone again in a moment. Closing her eyes, Cessair drank in the aromas floating by. While the water of the creek itself had no smell, it carried with it the ghost of a scent from every land through which it passed; the icy nothingness of snow from the mountains to the grounded, earthen smell of mosses from the darkest forest. Ever forward pressed the creek.

Lost again in the memories of her travels, Cessair slid her paws forward along the damp earth until her stomach lay flat against the ground and her claws dangled in the flowing water. For the last two years, the fawn-colored wolf imagined herself like this very creek, freely wandering, exploring the world. But now she lay still, and the creek kept moving. No, Cessair was like a rock. She always had been. When she lost her brother, Dolan, she had only been several months old. The next two and a half years of her life were spent searching, always searching for him. She hardly acknowledged that she had long since grown up; even less would she admit that her brother was no more than a memory, a dream, now. She was stuck in the past like a stone in the creek.

Creamy paws stood and absently splashed into the water. It was a half-frozen river that had claimed Dolan so long ago, and now it was into this cheerful creek she would release his memory. If she was never to see him again, it was high time she let his memory be and got on with her life. Cessair's nose touched the water as her tail swished slowly behind her. Goodbye, my brother. Go and find your peace, and I will search for mine.

Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
we must accept finite disappointment,
karpos slayer
but never lose infinite hope...

It had been a long couple months for Karpos Slayer but he was still determined to best serve Cut Rock River while still planning out what would happen when it came time for him to take his leave. He would take a walk along the creek not far from the territory so he could think while he did some scouting of the surrounding territories. His chocolate brown eyes were carefully taking in ever pebble and current of water as he started to lose himself to his troubles and worries. He hadn’t noticed the beautiful fae walking near the creek by him until he just about walked into her. He backed up, his eyes holding a sense of being dazed. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t see you there.” He apologized as he turned and walked by.

There was a sense of emotional pain behind his scar and it stung at him like the bitter cold wind against an open wound. He sighed, his eyes darting from side to side. A stranger near Cut Rock River? He would be sure to asses her as he had promised Maksim he would do if he were to meet strange loners in close proximity to his travels. He offered her a small smile as he hid the pain from his eyes. "I'm Karpos. Karpos Slayer." He introduced with a small and unformal bow of his head to greet her. He calmed himself down as he remembered the traits that wolves of Cut Rock River should have.

Played by Evelynne who has 132 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Cessair Lux

Cessair made her way back to the riverbank and began to walk along it, following the flow of the creek. Though she was satisfied with her decision to leave behind her old mission in life, she couldn't overcome a sudden feeling of hopelessness. At that moment, she had nothing, neither friends, family, or connections, in all the world. Not even any particular reason to attempt to keep on living. She was so weak already after her years of wandering; she could just follow this creek on its glorious journey and perhaps find a light at the end. Cessair was, for the duration of a heartbeat, indifferent to her own existence.

Onward the haggard female paced, certain that she should not simply allow herself to die but unable to come up with a good reason not to, when a dark form nearly ran into her. It was another wolf, and he paused to mumble a quick apology before continuing on his travels. Cessair quickly dismissed the incident, but she found that when she had stopped walking, she also lost her train of thought. For a few seconds she stood disoriented, unsure where she was going or what she had been thinking. She couldn't recall a single fragment of thought, and was aware only of a vague feeling of relief, as if she had just escaped from some dark and dangerous place.

Even so, Cessair was in no less danger of starving, and her rumbling stomach easily reminded her of that. She was just about to turn from the bank of the creek to search for a rabbit or mouse when she heard the voice of the stranger again. He introduced himself and Cessair promptly forgot what she had been doing. “I-I'm Cessair L-Lux,” she stammered. The mixed scents of other wolves on Karpos' fur triggered something in Cessair's mind and she remembered the hopeless thoughts she had been considering only a few moments ago. But now she had a solution. She didn't need to die, she only needed a new purpose. Her new acquaintance appeared to be a member of a pack. Serving a pack could easily become that new purpose.

She maintained a submissive stance, but Cessair spoke again with a little more confidence. "I didn't wander onto a pack territory, did I?" She was quite certain that she hadn't, but she was eager to learn more, so she figured her question would suffice to introduce the subject. Her tail began a slow wag.