(See All?) Announcements
700 Users Online
Google, Bing, Baidu

why would you tell me that it's fate
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
{Anastasia} to avoid distance probz, this is set basically JUST after the dragonfly fen border (so that they're not too far away), so he's at the base of the mountain so he can get a good view. also, this is set 2 days after the meeting. :x
The northern lights are particularly brilliant tonight.

After the meeting XIX just wanted to be alone. Once the chocolate Alpha finished explaining the ranks and initiated a pack howl, the boy had ducked out of site and disappeared without saying a word to both Anastasia and Capella. He had been out patrolling with the sunflower-eyed girl prior to the meeting, but the awkward teenager just wanted to be on his own.
Lachesis had been skimming the borders of the Fen in an attempt to avoid crossing paths with another wolf. He knew that his blue-eyed companion was probably worried about him, as he had been absent from the den since the meeting, but he was not ready to return just yet. The yearling was confused, ashamed, and hurt – instead of remaining behind and asking questions he had run off like a child. What kind of pack would want a coward like him among their ranks? XIX was convinced that he was completely useless and didn’t understand why he had been placed at the bottom. During their lessons Anastasia had explained to him that the lowest ranked wolf was generally the weakest (the omega), which Lach believed was an accurate fit for him. He wasn’t particularly good at anything – aside from hunting, but every wolf was good at hunting – and practically shook when confronted by a stranger.
He was completely and utterly useless.
A permanent frown damaged his ghost-like features, cutting deep into his dark lips as he carried on toward the mountain before him. The Fen was making the yearling feel claustrophobic and XIX just wanted to escape – he didn’t plan on going far, but just far enough to be undisturbed. He climbed up onto a low ledge just at the base of the mountain, his exhausted boy slumping against the cool rock as he gazed out into the night. The trees of the Fen stood before him and looked as though they went on forever as the darkness swallowing their silhouettes. It was then that he noticed the strange colours swimming across the sky, vibrant purples and pale greens intertwined with each other and dancing with the stars. The boy only remembered witnessing this once before, just after he had been returned to the wild after being watched by the two-legs for three months. There was a similar factor in both incidents – he had been alone, with nobody to ask what these strange colours in the sky were.
For the first time since he had left the meeting early, Lachesis wished that he was no longer alone – but he was not ready to return back to the Trail just yet. Even if he did return, what was he supposed to do? They were probably better off without him… even Anastasia and Capella. He was nothing but a burden.
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

The meeting for the coming together of the pack had been as she had expected, but there were a few small surprises in there. Some that she appreciated and some that she did not. For example, she was delighted to see the pack look to her with respect as she had never before been given it by so many at once. It felt elating and wonderful, but it also felt scary. Not only did she have a duty to the pups now but to the pack as well, she would need to become a better leader and learn more than she ever had. If she wanted to be a solid role model and example, someone to look up to, then she needed to promote herself as such. That would take time.

The next surprise was the ranks. Besides being given the reigns as Alpha Female, the rank that Shade had given Lachesis had ripped her heart in half. When Shade had spoken it her eyes shifted to Lachesis and she recognized what she saw in his face—heartbreak. She vaguely remembered telling him that the weakest wolf was usually an Omega but she had never told him that sometimes that wasn’t the case. Sometimes it simply meant that they were the youngest and therefore had to show their worth at a higher cost. In short, she felt as though it was her fault that he had run from the meeting not even giving her a goodbye. However, she didn’t want to chase him. He would come back; she had to believe that he wouldn’t leave her. He hadn’t yet, so he had no reason to now.

A few days had now passed and XIX still had yet to return home and with it, she worried that his departure was permanent. Anastasia had just fed the pups and had requested that Capella watch over them for a little bit. She needed to go find the only guy that held her heart so tenderly. It was just about night time as she left the pack den of the Trail, following along in the direction she had seen Lachesis go. It was a bit harder since she had to focus on a trail he had left a couple days ago but she knew this was important. He needed her. She felt it in her heart that he needed her there, he just didn’t know how to say it.

It took her possibly a good hour to finally reach where it was she saw him, standing atop a ledge of the mountain and staring out into the Fen. Anastasia smiled very little, sastisfied with knowing that he was safe, and continued moving towards him. She managed to bring herself up on top the ledge and as she walked towards him from his backside, she noticed the brilliant waves of color that shown across the sky. “Mother Nature does it again,” she whispered in kind to XIX and sat down without invitation. Her presence would be accepted, this she felt sure of.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<3
XIX knew that he was being selfish by running away. It was not the right response to what had been said at the meeting, nor was it fair to the two wolves who cared most about him. Had they even noticed that he had left? Would they care when – if – he returned? Guilt consumed him as he tried to shake his head clear of the negative thoughts that possessed his mind. He was part of a pack now and this was the first thing he decides to do? Idiot. The boy buried his muzzle between his forepaws, pear eyes clamping shut as he tried to drown himself in the silence of the night. Lachesis no longer wanted to be bothered by his cruel thoughts; the colours in the sky were supposed to be peaceful and the ghost’s mind was everything but that.
As much as he wanted to return to the pack, XIX also felt embarrassed – how would those who noticed his absence react? He could hardly speak as it was, how was he supposed to articulate the reason behind his disappearance? It wasn’t as if he abandoned the pack completely, as the boy had lingered within the pack territory, he simply avoided crossing paths with any of his packmates. As a firm believer in fate, Lachesis would stumble upon Anastasia (or vice versa) when he needed her – it was, after all, how they had met. The blue-eyed girl had always been there for him when he needed it, and had aided him in surviving outside the Reserve.
Although the newly appointed Alpha was exactly who he needed when he was feeling so low, Lachesis was also avoiding her… When Nineteen was upset he didn’t want to be anywhere near her – he knew that whenever something was bothering him, it also bothered her. He had not wanted to upset her, which was why he had not returned in two days.
It was at that moment that the familiar scent washed over him, clogging his senses and distracting him from his thoughts. Pear eyes blinked open, but did not waver from the dancing colours in the sky as his ears fell back against his fur. The words that fell from her lips caused an ear to twitch, but he did not acknowledge her presence otherwise. He was glad that she was here, although he would not admit it aloud. Even as the female lowered herself down next to him, the boy kept his gaze steady on the sky, a frown cutting across his maw. As per usual, Lachesis didn’t know what to say – what was there to say? He had run away, without a word, and was acting like a child because of a stupid rank. To put it bluntly, the lanky teenager was embarrassed and ashamed of his actions.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Looking out amongst the northern lights, her mind shifting to and fro at what had passed within the last couple days she wondered just what everyone was thinking. It had been a big moment for all of them, one that was an exceedingly monumental for everyone and likely even more so for Lachesis. Besides being put at the bottom of the totem pole, she couldn’t think of much else to be upset about.

No, that was a lie. Perhaps it was overwhelmed with joining a pack? Or worried that Anastasia might not have time for him? Maybe he was mad at Capella for something she had done? But… could Lachesis really be mad at them for anything? Anastasia wasn’t really sure besides that he might be upset for Shade’s choice in rank for him.

Although it had put Anastasia in a pretty bad place morally she didn’t know whether she should confront Shade about it or not. Was it her place to tell him that Lachesis’ had (in her eyes) done more for him than Ill had? He showed more potential than Ill. Ana didn’t know who the other guy was, but she knew that for whatever reason that the Alpha Male had chosen to put someone over Lachesis, it was a poor decision.

That was just it, though. Anastasia didn’t know what she was capable of. She was unaware of what she could and could not say without punishment. She had never been a leader or ever considered herself a leader, so how was she supposed to confront the situation without that knowledge? Given that her friend didn’t say anything or do anything, neither did she. Ana just sat there, watching the northern lights as he did. She could not force him to talk but she would not leave him alone.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
There was still so much XIX had to learn – being separated from his mother for the first three months of his life had done permanent damage to his social skills. His mind was three months behind and did not know how to comprehend situations like the one he was currently in. Deep down, he knew it was childish of him to run off after the meeting, but the ghost had been able to control his actions. He had run off without a second thought, solely focused on the negative rather than appreciating that he was now a member of a pack. He and the blue-eyed Alpha no longer had to worry about trying to survive on their own – they had gotten what they had always hoped for, and within a pack that XIX had approved prior to them seeking acceptance.
Despite that, the lanky yearling was still moping and supset about the outcome of the meeting. Nineteen knew that he should have asked the chocolate Alpha why he had assigned the ranks the way that he did instead of disappearing. Running away wasn’t going to solve anything no matter how badly the boy wished that it would.
Anastasia’s presence was instantly comforting, the warmth from her pelt radiating throughout his body as he leaned against her, chin resting across his stretched out forelegs. He couldn’t help but wonder if, now that she was a leader alongside Shade, she would abandon Pitch Pine Trail to join Reaper’s organization. Initially the female had been so keen about being a part of the lone Arctic’s group, but would she decide to leave if he called upon her? The boy was curious as to where Reaper would place the awkward teenager if he decided to join him – would the fiery-eyed male value XIX enough to place him within the higher ranks?
As the thought entered his mind, he immediately shook it away. No, this was his home now – with Anastasia, Capella, and the other Trail wolves.
Finally, XIX tore his gaze from the lights to glance over at his blue-eyed friend, the frown still etched across his dark lips. Without a word, the boy nuzzled into her shoulder, breathing in the familiar scent that drenched her pelt. “I’m s-sorry I left…” he mumbled into her fur as he curled his tail around her, chartreuse eyes blinking shut as he allowed her scent to soothe him.
(This post was last modified: Jul 03, 2013, 06:53 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Ana wasn’t worried in the least about XIX running away from good. After her talk with Capella she knew that he treasured her company as well as the other Trail wolves. There was no way he would disrespect any of them by walking away, even if he was given a rank he didn’t understand. The lithe leader didn’t want her best friend to think that he was the weakest by any means, because he wasn’t. She understood that Shade had whipped out the ranks really quickly and without explanation as to who had what because of what reason. It was a bomb that had gone off and the yearling had not been prepared. Especially with Ana’s explanation months ago about who the lowest in the pack was.

“It’s alright,” she answered smoothly as she nuzzled back into him to comfort him, “I understand why you left. I know it’s not fair to you to be placed at below everyone else.” Anastasia wished that Lachesis might have stayed longer to ask Shade about why he was where he was but she understood that it had come as a shock. Anastasia might have been quite upset if she were put at the bottom of the totem pole, too. “Correct me if I’m wrong but you’re upset about your rank, right?” She wanted to be careful about the subject but she also wanted to address it because it needed to be said, “I think that Shade gave you that spot because you’re the youngest. With time and maybe a pack role you can be above Ill and maybe even Ace.”

Ill would likely be easy to get around considering how close they were in age and how dedicated XIX was when he wanted something. Ace she wasn’t too sure of since she didn’t know him very well, but so far she had more faith in Lachesis than even she could handle.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
He hoped that Anastasia wasn’t mad at him for running away – or thought any less of him for his childish reaction. XIX knew he should have stayed behind and asked Shade why he had been given the lowest rank, but his insecurities had consumed him and driven him away from the Trail wolves. The embarrassment he felt about his departure was what kept the long-legged yearling away from his new family – would they think any less of him for his sudden absence? Would they even want him to return? It was evident that Anastasia did, as the two wolves would always yearn for each other’s company when they were apart, but what about the others? Disappearing was going to leave a negative impression on the other Trail wolves and XIX only wanted to be accepted by his new pack mates.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A3A866;">“It was s-st-stupid of me t-to leave…” he muttered in a quiet voice as he lay his muzzle on her shoulder, pear eyes reopening so he could gaze at the strange colours hovering above them. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A3A866;">“I w-was upset and c-confused… and I d-didn’t know w-what else to d-do…” His stuttering was on full blast, the yearling choking on almost every word that fell off his tongue. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A3A866;">“I d-don’t think I w-was as p-p-prepared as I th-thought I was…” His voice trailed off as he shuffled closer to the female, desperate for the comfort that emitted from her body. Her words began to calm him as the explanation that his blue-eyed companion gave seemed reasonable, but the unsettling feeling was still present within his stomach.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A3A866;">“B-but I’m n-not good at anything, Ana…” Negative Nelly. The boy mentally cursed himself for the words that had fallen from his maw and desperately wished that he could take them back. She was only trying to help him and he was being unnecessarily difficult. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A3A866;">“I’m s-sorry,” he uttered once more, a sigh rolling off his tongue as he leaned into her.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Even when she had seen Lachesis remove himself from the pack meeting, she didn’t worry about him returning but of him being okay. It wasn’t going to be an easy transition, especially when she felt at fault for telling him why the last ranked was the last ranked. Ana could only hope that she could assist him, to bring some form of happiness back to him. “You have a right to question and be confused or angry with your position,” she answered to him as best she could without giving him even the slightest impression that he was worthless or incompetent because he wasn’t in the least.

Anastasia laughed, slightly amused by his common. “Lachesis…” she answered affectionately towards him, leaning her muzzle against his neck. “You are plenty good. You can easily be a scout, perhaps a hunter. I know you like to fish. Maybe even a healer?” Perhaps that might give him a little insight as to what he could be doing with his time in the pack. Anastasia knew that his time could be put to good use; he didn’t have to worry about it. Anastasia would make sure that XIX was happy within the Trail. After all, he had been the one to direct her here and so far she loved it. So, he deserved to be just as happy if not much, much more.

Shade had seen Anastasia go to Nineteen, allowing her side-Alpha to understand that it had to be her to go. He could see her and understand her; they comforted each other at every moment. They were a team and they worked as a team.

(This post was last modified: Jul 05, 2013, 05:03 AM by Anastasia.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
As the blue-eyed girl comforted him, Lachesis realized how grateful he was to have her in his life. Without her, he would not have been able to survive on his own and surely would have become dinner for the creature that had chased his brother away. The dove, in a sense, was his saviour – she had come into his life precisely when he had needed her, and rescued him from the wilderness that threatened to steal his innocence away. “I sh-should have expected it… I j-just… I d-don’t know, Ana.” A sigh escaped his lips as he frowned into the female’s warm fur, brows furrowed as his mind clouded over. “It’s stupid, I’m acting l-like a ch-child. I d-don’t know how you p-put up with me sometimes.” Now the long-legged yearling was growing frustrated with himself, the foreign emotion boiling within his chest.
His frustration was replaced by curiosity as she suggested a role for the yearling to obtain within the pack. Surely the leader would not suggest them if she didn’t think XIX had a reasonable chance of achieving one of these roles? Mulling over the ideas she had spat out, the ghost pulled back from the female, nodding softly to himself as his pear gaze shifted to the strange colours illuminating the sky. “I’d like to be a f-fisher, I think… or a h-healer. I’d like to b-be useful.” His mood had already improved drastically since Anastasia suggested a role for him to chase after – it would show not only Shade, but the rest of his packmates, that he was more than an awkward yearling. “My m-mother taught me the b-basics when it c-came to medicinal plants…” The words fell off his tongue before he could stop them, his thoughts being spoken aloud rather than remaining inside his mind.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

There was no doubt that they were yin and yang, two peas in a pod, the light to the dark. They filled in what weaknesses the other held and vice versa. If Lachesis was having a bad day then she wanted to be the one to cheer him up, regardless of whether or not she knew what to say. Someday there would come a time when she wouldn’t know the appropriate response—it was always bound to happen. It had been evident to her that no one could go chase after him but her; she was the one who needed to approach him. She would know how to handle it and not push him, pressure him or otherwise make him feel like he was worthless. XIX was one of the only wolves in her life that had gained one hundred percent of her trust from the beginning. It would stay that way, she was sure.

“If you weren’t upset with your placement then I would begin to wonder if you hit your head along the way here,” she shook her head with a joking smile lifting the corners of her mouth, “but I put up with you because I love you.” Love went a long way in her book and Lachesis would always have it, regardless of situation. It was because she loved him that she figured he could put a role to good use and further his chances of reaching a higher rank (perhaps the one underneath Shade where Ace was) once he came of age. She believed that XIX could likely do anything that was possible but he should do something he might love, not like.

“Healer it is, then?” It would definitely put them at an advantage as she didn’t believe she had ever known any healers. No one seemed to ever be too familiar with healing others or themselves, so if the yearling had knowledge of it then more power to him. He was smart so she didn’t doubt it was possible.