(See All?) Announcements
757 Users Online
Bing, Chan, Google, Viorel

that power — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 39 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Aphrodite Moon
Overcast — Current Temperature: 68° F/20° C (late evening)

With the moon and the stars overhead, Aphrodite rose from her cozy den and poked her pale white head from the entrance. It was later than she'd ever seen before, and the nighttime sky seemed brighter than she knew they could be. She knew perfectly well that she ought to be in bed, but also knew that, perhaps, she wouldn't get into trouble if she didn't technically leave the den. Surely they'd understand her desire to see the night sky! Or perhaps they wouldn't. Adults worried too much. But Aphrodite knew the rules! Those that didn't smell like Poison Path couldn't come into Poison Path, so how would they even get to the den? Especially at night when everyone was supposed to be asleep! No, she'd be fine as long as she stayed mostly within the den.

At night while she watched the stars and the moon, the child liked to imagine them moving, acting out little dramas. Because the stars made shapes, they would be her actors, the moon was the spotlight, and sometimes it was the queen, though she never moved. She was stuck. But Aphrodite didn't think of that as a bad thing. It just meant she was strong! She didn't need to move because no one could move her and no one could hurt her. Why move if she didn't have to? The moon owned the sky and not even the stars could stop her. The pale child's dark jaws parted in a yawn, and she rolled onto her back, watching the sky upside down, letting the twinkling of the stars and the bright light of the moon keep her awake. Tonight, the queen of the sky was only at half-light. Aphrodite didn't really understand why the moon turned about as she did, but perhaps that was her way of keeping an eye on every inch of the sky, just like mother did with Poison Path. And maybe one day she'd do the same, if her blood didn't get in the way. <b style="color:#c980d2">

(This post was last modified: Jun 30, 2013, 02:16 AM by Aphrodite.)
Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

Earlier that afternoon, Athena had Ash watch the kids while she went for some much needed hunting. She needed to get her mind off her recent findings about Ash having feelings for her. However, it wasn't long before the thoughts caught back up with her again. Athena knew that Ash cared for her, but she didn't know exactly how he felt about her. After so many disappointments, she was afraid to tell him that she cared for him as well because she didn't want to lose him. Every time she got close to someone, they ran away from her. She didn't want that happening with Ash. Poison Path needed him. The kids needed him. She needed him.

After clearing her mind once again, she finished her hunt and returned home, a nice woodchuck as her prize. Once evening broke the horizon, she ushered the kids into the den for bed. Dead tired, she lied down with her two growing children and fell asleep before the sun completely fell. It wasn't long before she felt a missing child. Fiery eyes snapping open, she looked down, searching for what her intuition was screaming at her. Seeing only a sleeping Elliot at her side, she looked out of the den in search of Aphrodite. Thankfully, the young girl was only at the den's entrance. Quietly getting up, so she wouldn't wake Elliot, she made her way towards her little girl. Lying down besides her, she lovingly nipped at the girl's left ear before licking her forehead clean. "Shouldn't you be in bed, young lady?" She whispered with a grin upon her face as she looked down upon her child.

TABLE BY BRITANNIA
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Inactive V. Yearling
Aphrodite Moon
She felt her eyes fluttering gently, sleep attempting to claim her. But she wouldn't have any of it. Her head lifted up abruptly and she gave it a little shake, catching a smear of white in her peripherals before turning her head fully to see her mother, Athena. A gentle nip and lick was her hello, and Aphrodite grumbled her displeasures, before giggling. Hopping up to her paws, she aimed to bat her oversized paws at her mother's face, before sitting down upon the rock again, her tail wagging. <b style="color:#c980d2">"I like tha moon..." She said, no shame for leaving her bed evident. A toothy smile spread over her face, but it faded after a moment, as she recalled the events that had become the focal point of her little life. There was only so much her little mind was capable of thinking of, and now, when it wasn't the moon and her mother, it was Ash. She wasn't angry at him. She was just...angry and she didn't know why.

Anger was a terrible emotion, Aphrodite had discovered, and she didn't know what to do about it. It just kind of sat inside of her and she couldn't work with it. She couldn't figure out how to fix it or where to put it. <b style="color:#c980d2">"Mother, Ash isn't daddy?" Her dark blue eyes turned up towards the scarred face of her mother. The words worked out into a question, but it wasn't truly. Her little voice sounded a little sad, but mostly she just wanted to know what to do, and who better to solve her problems than her mother. Whatever Athena said, Aphrodite would do. <b style="color:#c980d2">

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

The mother grumbled happily as Aphrodite batted at her face before the young child returned to her pedestal and gazed up at the sky. Smiling at the girl's words, she couldn't help but remember the days were she'd gazed up at the sun rise and set before she ruled Poison Path. Nowadays, she'd go up to her outcrop up on the mountain occasionally, but not as much as she used to. She had a lot more responsibilities now than she did when she was only second under @Naira. Athena was quite glad that she passed on her love for the sky to her daughter. "I like the sunrise and sunset. Did you know that?" She inquired, her scarred face tilting to the side in a questioning look. Perhaps, she could take her up to her ledge to watch the sunset with her and then Aphrodite could watch her moon as well.

Looking up at the sky, she wondered if her mother was looking down upon them. She would have loved for little Aphrodite to meet her lovely mother, but fate didn't have that in store for them. If only her father hasn't have been the evil man that he was. @Zeus had deserved what she did to him and still she hoped he suffered in the hell that he was in. Her thoughts were interrupted by her daughter's next unexpected words. Not knowing that @Ash had told her the news, her words came as a surprise to her. However, she knew it was inevitable and perhaps it was the right time. "No, Ash is not you're biological father." She told Aphrodite, her fiery eyes looking down at her troubled daughter.

Athena knew that it was about time that she knew everything and she had every right to know as well. "Your real father is Eden Asthed, a man that I thought I trusted and believed in, but he deserted us when I was still pregnant with you and your brother." She had almost fell for Eden, but she was lucky that she didn't fall for him like she had with Tlarx. She was much more guarded after Tlarx disappeared, but she was still hurt. "But, Ash wants to be the father that both you and Elliot deserve. So, give him a chance, okay?" She asked, her fiery eyes gazing down upon her once again.

TABLE BY BRITANNIA
(This post was last modified: Jul 09, 2013, 02:17 AM by Athena.)
Inactive V. Yearling
Aphrodite Moon
<b style="color:#c980d2">"Really? I watch with you?" Her tail kept up its rhythmic beating. Her mother liked looking at the sky too! And then they could watch it together and Aphrodite wouldn't get into trouble for being out here. Little did the child know, if Athena took her to the ledge, she'd be closer to the moon than she'd ever been ever. She would have been happy looking at the sky all night and talking about it with her mother, but there were more important matters at hand. She'd brought up Ash, after all. Her little ears, alert, were now pushed back, feeling a sense of finality in her mother's words. So, even though she hadn't thought Ash's words were a lie to begin with, now she knew they weren't. Athena went on to talk about her real father, some wolf named Eden who'd left them behind.

Aphrodite found herself mostly unaffected by it. She didn't know the man. So his leaving hardly felt like anything. She did have her mother, and Ash, and Namara, and Elliot. The little girl nodded. <b style="color:#c980d2">"Not mad at Ash..." She said, thoughtfully, and nodded. Leaping from her rock, she moved to her mother's side, pressing up beside her. <b style="color:#c980d2">"Still have you." Aphrodite smiled, her tail wagging again. Her eyes ascended towards the moon, and she said, quietly, <b style="color:#c980d2">"Mother, tell me about moon. Ash said I couldn't live here." She giggled, and grinned another toothy grin. She believed him. It was very far away, somehow. None of the land she stood on seemed to touch it. But still...Mother's word was law. <b style="color:#c980d2">

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

It was like her little girl read her mind. Her words brought a smile upon her face before she answered her joyous question. "Maybe I'll take you up to my ledge in the mountains tomorrow. But I'm sure your brother would want to go, so he'd have to come too." She explained, her grin widening as she waited for any complaints from her daughter about big brother joining them. Athena knew how much Aphrodite would love it up there, seeing the lands of Relic Lore would be a sight for her. The proud mother was already excited for her children to see what she had always loved to see.

Her little girl went on and Athena was glad that the young girl wasn't mad at Ash. It truly wasn't his fault that this had happened, and to think of it, it was actually Athena's fault for trusting that man. However, she's learned from her mistakes and will live with them, but won't commit them again. Life moves on and so will Athena. Dwelling on the past doesn't help anything and knowing that first hand, Athena vowed to keep the past in the past. Smiling at the next words to escape the girl's mouth, she looked down upon her as she moved next to her side. Gently nuzzling the furry neck of her child, she whispered into the girl's nape, "You'll always have me." Pulling away, she licked at Aphrodite's ear before looking back up into the sky. The girl went on, wanting her to tell her about to the moon above them. Grinning, she looked down upon her little daughter, "The moon is very far away, but once you join Grandma up in Heaven, you can live there too if you'd like." She said, her fiery eyes smiling down at her. "You could even rule over the moon, if you wanted too." She whispered, her grin widening as she waited for the girl's response. "Unless, I beat you to it." Athena added jokingly, her toothy grin widening to the max.

TABLE BY BRITANNIA
(This post was last modified: Jul 09, 2013, 04:39 AM by Athena.)
Inactive V. Yearling
Aphrodite Moon
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#A4A1A0;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#96E1D6;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#4F673B;">
To hear that she might get to go on adventure with her mother made Aphrodite vibrate with excitement. Even the possibility that Elliot would come along could not bring the child down. Besides, she liked her brother. He was a good brother and even though she thought he got in the way sometimes, he was a helpful brother. Maybe he could help her guard the moon when she got there. Even powerful queens needed knights. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#4F673B;">"Elliot help me guard moon." She said with a waning smile, sleep clearly beginning to weigh upon her, though her tail still wagged and she hadn't yet yawned. She couldn't even imagine what she'd see up on the ledge. It sounded exciting, and if mother thought she'd be able to see the moon better then it would certainly be a sight to see!

Aphrodite leaned harder into her mother, finding the soft white fur to be a suitable layette. She could probably fall asleep right here and now if she'd just close her eyes. But the sapphires remained exposed, averted upwards to look at the underside of Athena's muzzle, for her position gave her access to little other view. Athena put more words into law, and Aphrodite would ensure that her mother and leader would not break it. Mother would always be there, forever and ever. The pale woman looked down upon her daughter again, and Aphrodite tried to hide the tiredness on her face. Athena said something about heaven and grandma and found herself very excited. So maybe one day she'd rule over the moon after all! Aphrodite bared her teeth at her mother in a playful manner. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#4F673B;">"You can be princess, and I will be queen." Though the words themselves had a joking nature, her voice was oddly serious. Her eyes pulled away from Athena's and she looked upon the moon again. She wanted it so badly, but was certain that heaven was just as far away as the moon was.

<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#4F673B;">"Grandma story?" She asked, looking up at Athena again. Perhaps she'd get to learn more about heaven, too. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#4F673B;">"And mother teach me to be queen, one day?" One topic was far too easy to focus upon, so she simply had to throw two commands in for her mother. The little girl had her desires, though, and seemed very eager to grow up and learn to the fullest.