(See All?) Announcements
692 Users Online
Bing, Google

Little fires of desire — Dragonfly Fen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 210 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Set after the pack was formed, for @Nuna only please

Although they called themselves a pack, Capella felt that the group was something more. They were all misfits in their own right, seeking acceptance, love, and patience. Each of them had come from a different place in the world. Not one was alike another, yet therein lied the beauty of their success. Every member had a quality to balance out another, and that is how it worked. Lachesis was pure where she was not. She was confident, where Ill felt anxious. Anastasia had a nurturing soul, while Shade held strength. Her family was like a puzzle, each piece touching another and holding it together. It was also fragile, for without one piece the puzzle would be broken. Of course there was always room for more. Someday another lost soul, in any sense of the phrase, might come to them seeking exactly what they had all desired. For once in her life, her head had been clear for more than a couple of hours, and she could honestly say that she was happy.

She watched the fireflies dance around her head as she padded through the dim moonlight. Her pack mates were all off doing their own things, and she chose to steal away for a little time alone. Much had happened throughout the last couple of days, and she hadn't had nearly enough time to process everything. Her mind was racing through the events when a scent drifted into her nose. At first she wasn't even sure that it had existed, but another taste of the air told her there was a wolf near. Sunny eyes danced across the horizon, searching for the body it belonged to. This was her territory now, and she would have to defend it. Her voice poured out, almost too loud to be a whisper. "Hello? Who is there?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[Image: capell2_zps67b76aeb.png]

Lovely table, and signature by Arla <3

Played by Peaches who has 15 posts.
Inactive
Nuna Shieh
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nuna pondered the strange wolves she had met since entering Relic-Lore. She felt a pang, she had yet to join a pack.She wondered if somewhere out there her mother was watching over her, protecting her as she wandered the dark woods alone. Would her old family take her back or was she far too late?She hadn't meant to vilify them as much as she had to Requiem, afterall they had always been there for her, even after her mother died. Though she was scared and jumpy the fen was relaxing at the same time. Lightning bugs danced around her, casting shadows against her dark fur and the mossy under brush. Finding a dry patch in the sea of still water was proving to be more difficult than she had anticipated but she needed sleep. She finally decided on a damp area covered in soft emerald green grass. She closed her eyes, dreams and nightmares swirling through her weary mind. It seemed that she had only met sleep for a moment before her head perked up in the darkness. She smelled the other wolf before she heard it. Words echoed out into the inky black night and for a moment Nuna was too startled to respond.

"Hello?" she answered back, her voice quivering with fear. Had she accidentally stumbled into a pack territory in her exhaustion?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

The first thing she noticed in the voice that answered back was that is was undeniably female. The second thing she took note of was the fact that it held fear rooted deep within it. Capella had never thought of herself as scary or intimidating before, and the fact that this wolf might have felt threatened made her step back. Scaring others was not something she ever wanted, so long as the other party didn't plan on hurting her or her family. Long limbs moved toward the voice's location, hoping that the wolf hadn't been scared away. The light given off by the fireflies was the only thing guiding her across the unpredictable land. Back in Spectral Woods she had grown to know every dip and log that would fall in her path. Here she was in unfamiliar territory, watching her step every second.

She broke through the trees, finding the body of a wolf much smaller than her. Striking emerald eyes were set against a charcoal background. Silver dripped onto the strangers nose, and on various parts of her small face. Calm spread through the pale female as she looked upon the newcomer. There was no sense of danger in the air, and the new fae hadn't technically crossed the boarders yet, although she was dangerously close. All in all, Capella felt very relaxed in the presence of a wolf she knew nothing about. Maybe it was just her trusting nature taking over, but regardless, she was in control of the situation. "Are you alright?" The question was sincere, and she honestly felt concern for the wolf in front of her. It wasn't often that she saw strangers around the Fen.

Inactive
Nuna Shieh

The wolf standing before Nuna was only slightly larger in stature and her amber eyes seemed intense yet friendly. She had an urgency in her voice that Nuna couldn't quite place. Was she surprised to find a strange lone wolf in this even stranger fen?

"I'm alright," she replied, "Just exhausted." Her mind and eyes focused on the wolf before her,her beautiful cream colored fur rustling in the breeze. Though she hadn't known the new wolf for more than a few seconds she didn't feel any immediate danger. She wondered if she was making a stupid mistake by not being more careful, or if once again it was just a wandering wolf, as were the previous wolves she had met. She hadn't been able to escape thoughts of Requiem and even Ill. They plagued her in ways that she didn't understand. Would she ever see them again? Part of her thought who the hell cares while another more dominant part wondered where they were and if they were okay. Was she overly caring? Why did she feel the need to dote on every wolf that crossed her path, as if she had known them her whole life? Her mind raced and she wondered how erratic and moonstruck she must have looked to the other wolf. Her mind pulled her back to the present her eyes focusing again on the young strong fae.

"Who are you?" though most of her fear had faded Nuna's voice still sounded shaky, she wondered if it was just that she was so overly tired.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

Capella once again couldn't help but want to offer the tiny fae a place to sleep for the night, but she wasn't sure how well it would have went over with Shade. There were puppies back at camp, and bringing a new wolf who had yet to meet an alpha into the heart of their home might be considered a danger. It was with a heavy heart that the pale female spoke, "If you need a place to stay for the night, I don't mind if you sleep here. You would be safe, as our boarders are so close by. As long as you don't cross them, then the others should have no reason to bother you." It wasn't the same as inviting her back to their dens for the night, but it was the best she could do under the circumstances.

When the inky wolf spoke again, Capella's chest filled with pride. It was the very first time she would be able to introduce herself as something more than just 'Pella'. "I am Capella, second of Pitch Pine Trail. What about yourself?" It was a grand title to hold, and she prayed that she would be able to live up to it. If anything were to ever happen -- heaven forbid -- to Anastasia, she would be the one entrusted to the position. It was also a troublesome post, as if any other females were to join in their ranks she might be challenged. It worried her greatly, as she had never been in a scuffle before. Wouldn't it cause bad blood amongst the pack mates? The concept was too grand for her to understand just yet, but she didn't need to know, not until she was challenged.

Inactive
Nuna Shieh

Nuna smiled gratefully at the wolf's kind offer.

"I'm actually pretty lost," she said sheepishly. "I'm not even sure how I got this close to a packs borders, I probably wasn't paying enough attention." She scolded herself internally. She really had not meant to get this close, this was the exact situation she had wanted to avoid at all costs. She remembered back to her first pack and how often times her father, Micco- the alpha, didn't show mercy to lone wolves who came too close to the borders. Often times he ended up chasing them away and they were sometimes even killed for their foolish mistake. She listened intently to Capella's introduction. This was the first wolf she had met in Relic-Lore that wasn't alone. It seemed strange to her, she hadn't spoken to someone that belonged to a pack since she herself had a family.

" I'm Nuna," she said, "I've been traveling alone for a while, only stopping to help a few random lone wolves once entering Relic-Lore. I haven't met anyone that belongs to a pack yet. Except for you that is."

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

A smile crossed her maw as she remembered how Lachesis had said something similar to her when they had first met. Maybe this meeting might provide her with a new friend? "If there was somewhere you were meant to be, or someone in particular you were looking for, I might be of service. I have traveled across these lands a bit." Helping was something she liked to do, it made her feel better, like if she could do enough good in the world eventually her memories would stop.

Her ears flicked across the name, committing it to memory. Nuna It was a pretty name, and so different from the wolves she usually met across Relic-lore. It seemed as though this wolf enjoyed helping others as well, a fact that warmed her heart. The two had a common interest, and it settled Capella even more to know that this wolf was even less of a danger to her after stating that fact.

"Really? From what I know there are quite a few this side of the mountain. I am sure you will run into many more on your travels. Although, most of them probably won't be welcoming." Her thoughts went out to the stranger who had threatened her little family. Though under different circumstances his outlook might have been different. Another fatal flaw for the yearling. She liked to think the best of those around her.

(This post was last modified: Jul 03, 2013, 04:34 AM by Capella.)

Inactive
Nuna Shieh

"Well, I'm not going anywhere in particular. I'm definitely not meeting anyone, but thank you for your kind offer. I will probably sleep here for tonight and be on my way in the morning." She thought of where she would go next, where time and chance meetings like this one would lead her. She thought on Capella's words for a moment. If this side of the mountain had many packs she wondered if she should head back the way she came or perhaps head in a different direction altogether. She didn't mind meeting other wolves especially if they were injured and without help. But she remembered the honey-eyed wolf's warning "Although, most of them probably won't be welcoming." Yes, it was probably best for Nuna to continue on her lonesome journey. Though she wasn't sure if she could ever fit into a pack again a fire of hope still burned in her heart.

"In that case," she wondered aloud, "I should probably go somewhere less inhabited. I don't want to disturb anyone or cause any trouble." She considered heavily heading back the way she had come, she hadn't meant to leave Requiem permanently, after-all she wasn't even fully healed. She suddenly felt guilt rise up in her like bile. Though Requiem was healed enough to take care of herself Nuna got the all too familiar feeling that she had failed the poor lone wolf. She wondered if she headed back towards Spectral Woods if they would once again cross paths. Had Requiem moved on?

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

"I will be sure to tell my pack mates so they don't bother you over here." She offered a comforting smile to the female. After all, it would be a safe place to spend the night, and the small wolf looked like she could use a peaceful sleep. It seemed as though Nuna was a wolf who valued her own privacy, and traveling alone, but just maybe she was looking for a permanent place of residence. Somewhere that she could be a part of something. "If you ever find yourself interested in joining a pack, we are always here." It was a bit of information that the dark fae could think on while she was out traveling, or if the desire ever struck her heart. Capella knew that some wolves just weren't cut out for pack life destined for the life of gypsies, and that was alright too. Everyone had to find their place on this Earth, and every wolf had the right to find happiness of their own accord.

"If you are looking for a less inhabited area, the mosses west of here seem to be pretty empty. Scent trails there are very faint where they exist, but I would think it lonely there." Capella couldn't help but think if you were somewhere that you never ran into others, it would be a rather lonely existence. What would she do without the wolves who lived here in the Fen with her? Before she had run into Shade, right after she was separated from her pack she could remember the silence. There was no one to talk to, no happiness in her life. She wouldn't wish that on anyone. It was hell.