no middle ground — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 177 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Taima Lyall Avelin
my skin has turned to porcelain
miss taima lyall
to ivory, to steel...
Taima nodded, slightly embarrassed as Arlette corrected her with how to say Hocus' name. "Yeah," she murmured quietly, his name coming from her tongue no louder than a whisper on the wind. "Hocus." She hadn't seen them... any of them. The Lyall was about to say something else, to dismiss herself from the scene so that she could scamper off and hide in one of the many places she had found to tuck herself into... away from the rest of the world. Somewhere where both her past and the present could not find her.

When prompted if she wanted to know the truth, Taima edged a little bit closer, just so she wouldn't have to even risk raising her voice again should anyone, namely the Advisor Mapplethorpe, be close enough to hear anything else in relation to what she wanted so badly to hear. "The truth," she echoed, her voice dropping into a solemn tone again. See... See... her mind was already scolding her for not looking closely from the start. She knows something that you don't...

The Nomad youth waited, eagerly soaking up what Arlette had to say as soon as she had said it. Arlette had been born on the mountain, and she did know about how once upon a time her parents both lived on the mountain... "far, far away." Arlette also knew Uncle Angier. This made her nose scrunch up but only because her uncle, in her eyes, was nothing particularly special compared to the rest of the family... until she was told about how he had brought Arlette into Grizzly Hollow to be raised as a part of their family. Arlette had also left before Taima and her litter mates had been born... and though it was not either of their faults for her leaving, the girl sorely wished that she had stayed. If this adopted-older-sister-of-hers could travel this far to the east, then she could have easily gone home... but, then again, instances like this made it all too easy for this Heiress to forget that she had Datura... and needed no one else.

Not even an older sister.

Not sure what to make of it all just yet, Taima swallowed and sniffed lightly. "Sorry I was rude," she managed to apologize, even if her lips still kept tightly sealed. "It's just... I just live here now, I'm not s'posed to let anyone come and go from the mountain as often as they please." She gave the woman a slight smile, "I'm glad to have met you though." Her tail, still high in the air waved about in a genial manner before growing still once more. She realized she might have been holding up her companion now but before she could even think about letting her go, she had just one more thing to ask if there was nothing and no one left from her blood family on the mountain, "Where will you go?"

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall

A r l e t t e

Something won't always be missing,you won't always feel emptier..
Darn. Ears cringed back, thinking she could easily chase Taima away rather than the other way around. That was not her intent at all. She had only wanted to say the name, if that would make him something more than a ghost. Think before you speak. How well Lettie knew it was hard to say the right word, get the sounds to move to your will.

The girl scooted over, wanting to know what she didn't. Wasn't that always a child's craving? Light yellow eyes met the more golden pair she couldn't lie. She knew it. There was no hiding, no pretending. It all came to voice, if to change Arlette's mind all over. Make her feel all the hurt again, to suffer.

The white lady waited for a reaction, but only saw the faint crinkle of her nose. Made Arlette want to pause, wondering about Angier. It didn't seem right to ask, and she pretended not to notice. Oh it got too quiet, and she wanted to take it all back. Go, gotcha!

When the masked Lyall responded still tight lipped, Lettie could feel her shoulders sag. She began to believe she should just pretend she was always one of the mountain. Forcing her ears to point to her, carefully she tried to guard her own emotions behind her pale face. Arlette was stunned, if she could let it all run off her shoulders. Maybe, that was best.

"Well, alright. I'll remember not to come here..again." What else could she say? The one piece of family she had, even she didn't seem to want to claim her. It was hard not to feel her heart hit the floor. Did her legs even work any more? She lifted on to test it, slowly letting it fall in the withering grass. "You..too," she replied sincerely, making out her best smile.

On her way again to no where she was ready to head. Turning, she meant to start running as fast as she could. Faster than the thoughts clouding her head, and heart. The girl just had to speak again."I..I don't know. There --is no Grizzly Hollow, and.." I don't have a home, I don't have anybody. It took all she had to keep pumping her legs, forcing them to carry her.

[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Played by Grey who has 177 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Taima Lyall Avelin
my skin has turned to porcelain
miss taima lyall
to ivory, to steel...
"Well, alright. I'll remember not to come here..again." Arlette's words stung at Taima's conscience. I didn't mean it like that, she very much longed to say. You're... you're welcome here if you want... if you want to talk some more. The white-furred woman continued to relay that she, too, was glad to have met her. Taima could only nod as hints of sadness began to break through the mask on her face.

In all truth, Taima was expecting a simple "I don't know" or "Through there, like what ya suggested" in reply to her question. What Arlette actually said instead - "There --is no Grizzly Hollow, and.." - made her heart plummet down the underside of her ribcage and into the put of her stomach. Her mouth opened but no sounds came out, and just like that... Arlette Dieudonné was gone. The masked girl tore after her but Arlette's longer legs proved to be much faster and quicker than her own. So much for inheriting Borden's stocky forearms and hind legs...

Panting briefly, Taima collapsed in frustration her paws ripping at the grass beneath her until she was nothing but a mass of silvery fur at the edges of the Ghastly Woods. There is no Grizzly Hollow and... and WHAT?! What, Arlette, what? Why couldn't she tell her? Had something happened? Were mother, father, her siblings, and Trisden okay?

The young Lyall righted herself on wobbly limbs, sniffling while unable to bring her ears back into an upright position. A few pup-like cries came from her throat but one sorrowful howl was enough to silence them... to broadcast her frustration and her undeniable yearning for her family. When the singular note died out, her head lowered and her glossy eyes shut. After this, she promised herself, she would no longer grieve... Whatever had happened in the Hollow had not been her fault. She had already been away for several months now. If anything at all, she felt as though they deserved it all. For not coming in search of their missing heiress, her family, the wolves of Cedarwood Forest, had undergone some sort of terrible incident. In picking up one of her heavy paws, she turned around to face the mountainside. This would be the last time she would feel for them, she hoped; the next time someone from her past came to her doorstep, she would be prepared. She would be like Mapplethorpe, like @Naira, and she would no longer be just who she thought she was (a Lyall, her father's legacy or her mother's daughter, a lost princess)... she was going to be the Heiress of Nomads Pass and she, too, would hold her ground and handle all situations with an iron paw.

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.