596 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

Keep my Heart Safe for a While — Verdant Mosses 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Say your prayers and stomp it out

The news made sense to the male, and it saddened him very much. She was right, and he knew that if he had sent out Ace or Capella they would recognize her, but he had given Silver little more than a description and a story. Perhaps he should have asked Silver to ask Nari if she knew anything, after all Nari was her hunting partner in different times. Though wouldn't that mean that it would show weakness, Shade having his mate gone without a trace of finding her. "I suppose.... Nari might know something of her whereabouts. She was her long standing hunting partner, though truthfully it seemed like Rose was a bit jealous of her. I-It's just that I'm trying to keep my heart safe for a little while with this hope she's out there, in the lore."

The words were spoken true and fair. "I should have sent Capella or Ace, they both know her scent, they were there shortly after the pups were born and spent at least a month around Rose. Perhaps I should have gone myself." He pondered those many thoughts in his mind. Surely she was out there, there was no way she was dead. She was a fighter through and through, and that meant she would never give up, especially if she knew that Karpos and Adsila would grow up without they're real mother. No, if she was in the stars, she would look down on them all, bless them with grace so they might grow up right. He hoped she didn't abandon them on purpose.

Words: 263 || Tags: Spectre || Notes: :)
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Played by Whisper who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

She was sad for him, to be the one to tell him that his idea would not work, at least in the capacity he wished it to. She offered a frown to his comment about keeping his heart safe, shifting nervously before she looked down at her paws for lack of anything better to watch. "Shade...have you thought that perhaps.. in trying to protect your heart, you are only setting it up for more pain?" Quietly, the pale female lifted her head, ice blue orbs watching him intently, hoping that her words would get through to the dark male. "You seek to protect yourself from the pain that she may be gone, though I would hope she is safe and sound...but..perhaps..you should prepare yourself for the worst? After all...when you do find out what has become of your mate, you will either find yourself right.. And already have come to terms with it..or you will be pleasantly surprised.."

The female worried for him and hoped for his sake that Rosealia was out there in Relic Lore. Perhaps lost, like she was. His mention of going himself had a small snort escaping the length of her nose before she could prevent it. "And who would you have lead the pack in your stead, Shade? I am certain that Anastasia would do so, but a pack without their alphas is a weak pack. You have loyal members to do the errands you are unable to do. If you were to leave pack lands, it would leave Anastasia to defend our lands alone - along with Ace, and the rest of us...You feel..this way now about Rosealia.. you already blame yourself for what happened when you do not even know the events surrounding her disappearance...What do you think would go through your mind if someone were to attack the pack while you were gone?" Not that she doubted the packs ability to defend itself from danger, but Spectre wished to impart to shade how important he was to the pack. How important it was for him to be there..Body and mind..She did not want to make him forget Rosealia.. but perhaps to stop dwelling in the past and focus on the future. Her tone was gentle, even though her words may come off as abrupt..or cruel, though she did not wish them to be.

Word Count: 390
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Shade knew deep in his heart that Spectre was right about everything that she had said, and part of him wanted to break off his connection to her... to forget about Rosealia completely, but she had changed his life for the better. He had been a stone cold wolf, one who would attack anyone, even pups, to make sure he survived and got what he wanted. But Rosealia changed him, so how could he let her go in such manners? That was twice that she had disappeared under his watch, and this time he had a feeling that she wasn't coming back to them. He looked at his paws, sighing sadly. "As usual Spectre, you're right. I just can't bring myself to give her up. She made me who I am today. I-I was a lot worse off before I met her." He had no idea why he always told Spectre everything, it made him ponder it.

Shade looked to the sun, which during they're talk had risen up so the entire circle was visible on the horizon. "It's beautiful isn't it? The sun rising from the sky. A start of a new day, a new life." A compassionate voice in his mind, he saw this as a fact. He was starting to believe as the days went on, that Rose was dead, or at least dead to him and she was helping him with the stars in the night and the sun at dawn. From this day until my last, I will remember who I knew you to be, not what you might be now. His mind was made up, and Spectre had helped him through it.

Words: 273 || Tags: Spectre || Notes: :)
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

"What is there to say you have to give her up, Shade? Are you afraid that if you allow yourself to mourn for her loss, that you will return to who you were before you met her? If that was so, then I should remain in the den, day and night mourning for the loss of my memories.." She chuckled, trying to take the sting out of her words before she shifted, getting to her feet and settling back on her haunches to watch the sun rise with him. "Those of our pasts shape who we are.. But even if their faces fade from memory, or we forget their names, or even where we met them, that does not erase what they have done for us. Nor does it erase our thread in the pattern of the tapestries our lives weave as we go along."

She smiled, turning her gaze upon him and letting her tail wag in the dust behind her, picking up some debris in the fine hairs as she did so. "Simply because you allow yourself to mourn and move on does not mean you have abandoned her, or forgotten her memory or forsaken the things she has done for you..It simply means she is as much a part of your past as your parents, or your puppyhood..or the birth of your pups. Because all those things are in the past does not mean they no longer matter...Mmm?" Spectre was well aware of the impact his children had on him, and their importance to him. She hoped that by putting that spin on things, he would come to accept that..perhaps Rosealia had perished, or at the very least, she was not coming back for the time being. "I have found...that by dwelling on my past, what it was.. what it could have been.. Only made me saddened by the things I had lost, even if I did not know what those things were. I am a much happier creature, living in the here and the now. I am far more...content to simply live my life.. You can not change your past, but you can change your future.. why worry? Why dwell? Only allow the things you know to shape who you really are." She leaned slightly against his shoulder, should he allow it - offering comfort and a friendship she hoped he returned.

Word Count: 396
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Shade was shocked in his mind, but not in his words or expressions. She always knew what to say, he nodded to her, right again. Just because she was gone did not mean that she would be forgotten, she had two little bundles of life that she brought into the world, if nothing else, she would be remembered through them. He had never talked to Karpos or Adsila about Rose, because he had no idea what to say to them about the mother who had left them to starve, or why ever she left. Shade kept gazing off into the horizon. "Its not just her disappearance that worries me Spectre, its something else that I have been worried about too. Not just next spring, but how Capella, Karpos, Ace or Adsila might react to her return if she found her way home again."

Capella had seen how much Rose's disappearance had bothered him the first time, he had collapsed before her eyes and so if Rose were to return, and Capella find her, what would happen between them? He had to shake it from his mind, and he was glad to have done so. He didn't like bad and ill tidings between anyone, although if a wolf got him mad enough surely that wouldn't stop him. His heart started experiencing weird feelings and again he couldn't put a name to them, only thing that he knew was that he had experienced it before. It was familiar, but what was it?

Words: 250 || Tags: Spectre || Notes: None
(This post was last modified: Jul 30, 2013, 09:51 PM by Shade.)
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

"If she returns, allow her to offer an explanation of why she had to leave. Why she left her two young pups..then decide how to handle things.." She got to her feet and shook herself, watching him quietly, a smile stretching her muzzle as she tilted her head towards the dark pelted leader. "How they might react, or how they will react.. Those are things you should not trouble yourself with right now. It will happen when it happens, if it happens. You can not control how the wolves of your pack react to others, Shade..Try as you might. The best thing I can offer, is that when that time comes, you stand strong beside them to be there for them..for they will surely need you."

She just hoped that if he had taken another mate in that time, he would make the right decision should Rosealia return to relic Lore, or make herself known to the wolves of Pitch Pine. "One can not say what they would or would not do down the road.. or even tomorrow. We might suspect what we might do, but until it happens, we can not predict the future..and if we could, why use it for such things? Why not find out when the next rainstorm will be? Or of an impending disaster? I should think that if I knew what lay before me in my future, life would be quite boring indeed." She chuckled, turning to take a step away from the leader, hoping she had helped him sort some things out, but also knowing that to truly get his mind straight, he would have to sort things for himself. "I just hope that should the time come, if you have taken another as your mate, you make the right decision."

Word Count: 296
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Why did she always seem to be correct when she spoke? Even though Spectre lost her memory, she was one of the brightest and most wisdom filled wolves he had ever known. He nodded, and stood up himself, and he began to wonder how she had known so much about life and the twists and turns. In her past, he couldn't help but wonder, if she had a mate or not, and if something similar had happened to you. "Your right, I shouldn't dwell on the past, especially not bad times." He said, he agreed, but part of his heart wasn't there. He blinked closing his eyes and breathing in. It was time to head back to the pack and the territory where he belonged, the pack he led and the territory that he called home.

"I'm going to head back to the den. I want to take Karpos out for a lesson today in Guarding. I'll see you later, perhaps at the hunt, it will be any day now." He said, a small smile on his face as he did speak to the second and close friend of his. He turned to leave, his feet gracing the ground as he ran of. His heart thudded, though he still had no idea who or what for. He closed his eyes and he could still see her face, not Rose's but Spectre's and he was confused a bit. He would have to think about it later, for now he had children to get back to. He had to get back and run his pack. Spectre would get back to the pack when she was done with whatever it was she was doing before finding him.

-Fade Out-

Words: 284 || Tags: Spectre || Notes: <3 Threading with you
(This post was last modified: Jul 31, 2013, 12:28 AM by Shade.)