(See All?) Announcements
520 Users Online
Bing, Google, Hazelnut, Sophrosnia

Starlight Starbright, Who am I this night? — Umbra Copse 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Whisper who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer
Spots danced before her eyes, and the ivory wraith blinked her eyes open, wincing at a dull ache in her skull. Silence reigned as she took stock of her location, the blood rushing in her ears and the feel of the undergrowth beneath her. It took quite some time before she managed to make her paws work, gathering them beneath her slight frame and standing. A look around told her she was in a forest of some sort. But nothing smelled familiar, nothing looked even remotely like she should remember it. Actually, come to think of it, what was her name?

A frown marred her muzzle as the slight female set off in search of something to soothe the cotton from her mouth. It didn't take her long to follow her ears and her nose to a small, but cool stream. After pausing long enough to drink, the wolf took time to inspect the image staring back at her from the waters reflection. What she saw both amused, and worried her. Worried, because she didn't recognize her own face, it was very much like a stranger was staring back at her. Amused, because the first thought that came to mind was 'it looks like a ghost.'.

Puzzling for some time over her identity, she eventually shook herself and stood, another glance at the water. "Well, I guess your name is Spectre for now.. Untill you remember. It Suits you." She laughed, realizing she was talking to her own reflection and turned away, following the river upstream. It had to lead somewhere after all, right? As she traveled the length of the river, dark fell, and a glittering light caught her eye as she moved. Glancing to the side, the female gasped, her eyes widening at the shifting colors reflected on the waters surface. Looking upwards, blue eyes caught sight of the cause of the colors.. A fantastic display of Northern lights. It was enough to take her breath away, and leave her standing frozen, maw pointed towards the heavens as she simply enjoyed the view.
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Shade found the time to scout out the surrounding areas, and he used that time to make sure that his pups had to put up with absolutely no packs around them, so they might grow up with peace. Though he did worry that one day, Elettra would come over to find them, and attempt to kill them, but he worried not about that for surely she had her pups to care for. His tail rose on instinct at the sight of a female warrior out for a stroll in the darkened forest. But he relaxed, remembering he wasn’t on or near the lands which he helped run as the alpha male. He walked out, almost a graceful trot to make his presence known to her before speaking his introduction. "Greetings there ma’am." A bit formal, but he had been picking up bits of his formal speech which he had used to address those back at the Ridge.

He found that being a gentleman was one thing he was good at, when he wanted to do such things that was. His eyes were filled with curiosity, wondering what had brought the female out on such a far adventure, or for that matter, why she was in such a dark woods by herself. The woods personally gave him a bit of a chill, but he had to remain calm in his time. She smelled new almost, and definitely a lone wolf. She seemed to have been talking to herself, the noise that had alerted him of her presence just after he had scented her. "Could I help you?" He said, forgetting all about his name.

[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer
A voice distracted her, a pointed ear twitching back towards the source of the sound. Spectre turned, her tail limp between hind legs, though she didn't crouch or cower. She wasn't sure her relation to this male, at least he was a male, that much she could tell. The white female paused, scenting the air in silence. She didn't recognize his smell, and he didn't seem to have her smell on him, or his smell on her. In fact, her hide seemed void of scents other than her own. A quite voice lifted in answer to his greeting and question as she canted her head to the side. "Good evening..."

She was a little nervous, lowering her head and folding her ears back towards her nape. She didn't think she had trespassed on anyone's territory, but she couldn't be certain. "I don't know.. Perhaps you can. Do...do you know me?" There was almost a sense of hopelessness in her tone as she asked the question. He must know her, right?
(This post was last modified: Jul 07, 2013, 02:21 AM by Spectre.)
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
RoW has a 250 word minimum rule for all IC posts :)

Shade sighed, she needed help, though he could not provide it and he refused to lie to a lady. "I’m sorry ma’am, but this is my first time meeting you, I’m only up here from my pack, Pitch Pine Trail, scouting out areas and wolves around so my children are under no harm." He told her, offering just that as his answer, the very blatant man had forgotten to give a name all this time, but it always seemed to slip his mind for the most inconvenient times. If she was in trouble or needed a place to stay he could offer her a home, but other than that he would have to just let her ask and find out about his pack, or just leave it at that.

The thought occurred to the man that the female should remember if she had met him or not, but he did not pry on the subject, she probably met many wolves and was just a bit confused. Though the pondering did not stop, he attempted to just stop thinking and listen for once in his life. Though he found he was not a good listener. "Why do you ask ma’am?" The Slayer man was curious as to why she had asked such a question. Would it have mattered anyways? Probably not, and he hoped a clear answer would be reached. That moment almost reminded him of Koda, his former alpha had fallen, lost his memory of everything in the Relic Lore, making him not remember Shade, but remember an old friend, Cisco.

(This post was last modified: Jul 07, 2013, 03:03 AM by Shade.)
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer
"I see." She looked away, towards the way she'd come. Was her home that way? Or was it behind her? "So..Your pack lives close by, then? Are there other packs around? Perhaps one of them is my home." Spectre sat on her haunches, lifting her nose once again to watch the light show overhead, smiling despite herself. When the night-colored wolf asked her why she had asked if he knew her, Spectre tilted her head, frowning as if trying to figure out what to tell him. "I don't know where I live. I thought that since I woke up near here, you might know where I came from.. or my name."

She shifted, lifting a paw and placing it back down again before returning her attention towards Shade. "I call myself Spectre.. because I look like a ghost. What are you called?" Maybe a name would jog her memory. The name of his pack was unfamilar, and didn't ring any bells.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

The signs of memory loss were all around her, and the scents told she was obviously new, and foreign. "I’m sorry ma’am, but I think that your home is not around here, every wolf in these parts has a pack scent, and you smell of none, and you smell new to these parts, if you would like though, I’m sure my pack would be happy to take you in until you figure things out, perhaps make it your new home?" He offered her when he realized she had no idea who she even was. Perhaps he should have directed her to Nina or another healer, but he figured that whatever it was, this could be a new start for her and another abled body for the pack if she were to accept.

He had found that the wolves with the most inopportune pasts often came to him, there was Ana and Lachesis, they were traveling buddies and now one of them was caring for his children in the absence of their real mother who had disappeared, the other was going to become an excellent healer he was sure of. Then there was Ill, who said little, but made a point to note that if his past should lurk him, he would depart so none of the pack was harmed. Lastly there was Ace and Capella, his first two supporters, Capella an amazing hunter and close friend to him. Ace was a Guardian, and he had met him with the same goal as he had once had, to find his sister. Ace never found his sister, but Shade was sure he was out there.

Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer
The offer for a home was tempting, and Spectre looked overhead towards the lights overhead. "I...I think I should like that..." The pale female got to her feet and offered the night-clad male a soft smile. She lowered her head, tail tucking slightly between her hind legs before she wagged it ever so slightly. "What would you have me call you? And.. how far away is your home?" It didn't matter to her that it was now her home, she was sure it would grow on her in time. But for the moment, it was simply his home, and she was but a guest in it.

Spectre hoped to find out who she was, but in the back of her mind, she knew taht wasn't likely to be possible. Not unless someone here recognized her. But judging by what the other had said, she didn't smell like she was even from around these parts, so it made her wonder. How'd she get there? In the middle of a forest with no name, and no recollection of the trip there? She /had/ to belong somewhere, right? "And, how many members do you have?" She wondered if she would be welcomed in his home, or of there was a jealous alphess waiting for her.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Shade found that he had, once again, forgotten to introduce himself and with that, another question about his home arose, how close it was. She raised his tail a bit, approaching her and marking her as a pack member by rubbing some of the scents on her. He had remembered Ana and himself doing that to all the members at the pack claiming. "Pardon my manners, I am Shade Slayer, and my home is not far from here, shouldn’t take even an hour." He said, knowing that he had crossed the pack borders maybe 45 minutes before meeting Spectre. The poor female had forgotten everything about herself, even her name, meaning she would probably have to learn to hunt or fight again as well. For that reason, Capella stayed as right below Ana and this female would be right below Capella.

Shade loved how things worked out, here he had been so worked up about pack members and the lack of adult females, and so the heavens answered his plea and here came another, things were good and bright. He did hope she regained her memory, but part of him wanted her to stay with them, the white female would be of use to them all. That was not the main goal; it was a chance for Lachesis to show his ‘healing skills’ he had dabbled in. Perhaps he could jog the girl’s memory and bring her back to what she was. Life seemed to be too unfare to the female. "Come, walk with me, we’ll head to your new home." He said, as he slowly started for the forest towards the south.

Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer
The brush of dark fur against white had her leaning into the male, a smile stretching her muzzle. Not for any reason other than comfort. It gave her a measure of peace to know that while she might not know who she was, or really what her name had been, she had a safe place to sleep for the night. She was now an integrant part of the pack, and it settled some of the uncertainty of her world. Spectre followed, maintaining a pace that matched her new alphas, but keeping herself so her muzzle was even with his flank, never moving ahead of him, nor falling too far behind. She was silent as he spoke, noting the pack was about fourty five minutes away.

A humm of affirmation was the response to his answer, and she couldn't help but look around as they walked, taking in the world around them. Spectre didn't recognize any of the landmarks, but since she would be living near here, she fought to remember them, to make sure she would find her way back should she ever be lost. "It's a pleasure, Shade.. May I ask what the other Alpha's name is?" She had deduced from his earlier comments that he was the leader.. At least one of them. He had pups, that meant he had to have a mate, right?
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Shade smiled as the female asked about the other alpha, already feeling like a Pine wolf apparently. "Well Spectre, the other alpha is Anastasia, I’m lucky she showed up when she did. My mate had delivered pups, caring for them and all, but she disappeared and my pups nearly starved to death. I was lucky because a man I had met before, Lachesis who is also a packmate and a potential healer in the pack brought her to me and she nurses the pups." He told her, his voice strong as he spoke as if trying not to choke up One question he still had from that day, or two of them rather. One was why would Rosealia leave after having her pups? The second one was why did Ana agree to nurse pups of a man she had hardly known?

The story was a sad one in his mind, and he would not want to bog her down with them or anything, so he remained silent, slowly breaking into a fast walk. "We’re going to run alright, to get back to the pack sooner." He said, giving her a moment to accept the fact and get ready for a run before he broke out into a run. He had found himself to be faster than larger wolves, but not too fast, for after all the man was nothing without being able to outrun threats who were larger than him. He had used it in several accounts to outrun wolves, including wolves that were just crazy. They were heading home.

{Shade exit}