(See All?) Announcements
1,285 Users Online
Bing, Google

I Gave You My Trust, I Won't Take It Back — Dragonfly Fen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Silver
Silver sat staring into a puddle of water. Had Spectre been right? Was she making a death wish? She didn't think so, but then again she didn't have much of a life before yesterday. Spectre's mind had her tangled and confused. Like a huge spiderweb Silver couldn't get out of until she answered all her questions. But some were more personal than others. Dark secrets of her past would soon be released to Spectre. Just like dark smoke swirling through the air is how she thought of those memories. Spectre was a wolf who had lost her memory, she didn't know any darkness that happened before. Or good. Silver wish that happened to her so she could get the image of her father out of her mind.

The air was full of fresh smells. New animals such as Fish had filled her nose. It wasn't the best smelling thing but it was something. Something caught her attention in the corner of her eye. She turned her head to see what it was. It had been a baby deer. Young, helpless and alone. It was so close too. Only about hundred and fifty yards away. Maybe it had been closer but Silver couldn't tell. She had launched after it but it's long legs made the deer move fast. Only getting a nip of its hind before she could no longer chase it and it got away. Disappointed she thought she might as well go catch something smaller. Sniffing the air she smelled no animals around. Maybe she would have more luck if she had someone with her. To tired she slowly dropped to the cool ground. Maybe she would just wait for a while before going to find something.
Played by Whisper who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer
Hunger rumbled painfully in Spectre's gut as she walked away from the den. She remembered the conversation she'd had with Silver a few days before, and unfortunately hadn't been able to avoid thinking about it like she had wished to. Lowering her nose to the ground, Spectre focused on trying to find herself something to eat, though she found her thoughts constantly returning to the dark pelted wolf and her strange way of thinking. Ice blue eyes cast around the area immediately surrounding her, hoping that somewhere she would find some kind of creature to live permanently in her gut and feed her. The sound of crashing to her left caused the wolf to stop, staring in the direction of the sound.

A baby deer came tearing through the wooded glen she stood in, and Spectre was too shocked to move after it. Didn't those things usually stay still when they were not with their mothers? She turned, moving through the under growth towards the direction the baby deer had run from. Perhaps she might find what caused it to run in such fear. Long legs carried her through the trees until she spotted Silver and went towards the other wolf. "Was that you that sent the deer running in such terror?" She offered Silver a smile, attempting to show that she meant no harm to her statement. Spectre moved to sit on her hind legs and watch the other out of mild curiosity. Was she hunting to?

(This post was last modified: Jul 08, 2013, 02:40 PM by Spectre.)
Inactive Deceased
Silver
A big smile came over her. "Yea i thought it might be good for the pack or something. I don't eat a whole lot.". One thing she wondered though was what had Spectre been doing out here? This was gonna be one of Silver's last dew days before Shade would send her on the mission. If shade didn't think she wold be a good scout maybe she could be a hunter. Happy to see Spectre she wagged her tail a bit then stood up. "So what did you ask me the other day that had you so anxious?". Whatever the question was Silver was ready to answer it now.

Coming out and saying you killed your father would make you sound like a bloodthirsty killing machine. But if that's what Spectre wanted to know then she would have to trust that Spectre wouldn't flip out. Silver kept saying in her head the word Honest. It's what she had to be right? Honest and truthful. Smiling sly she said something in a soft voice but enough for it to be heard. "I don't bite, I promise.". Silver would bite but that's only if someone was going to attack her. Not ask her a question. That would be crazy. Not like Spectre didn't think she was crazy already. Everyone always thinks she is the crazy wolf. Why does it have to be Silver who gets the title crazy?

The air was still fresh with smells but none of them seemed to excite her right now. She just wanted to talk to Spectre.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer
"Hunting. I thought that I might perhaps be able to find something to eat outside the pack lands. What about you? I could ask the same question of you." Spectre smiled before she frowned at Silver and her sudden question about the way she had dodged her question a few days prior. "Well, I had been intending to ask you what it was you thought you had done to make you so undeserving of life.. But then, I got to thinking." Spectre stood, tilting her head towards the other wolf, ice blue eyes staring straight at her; but not in a challenging way. "I got to thinking about what you had told me yesterday, and how you were not even following your own advice."

"Leave your past in the past, Silver. You will be much happier that way. I certainly am. The last few days have gotten me thinking about who I could have been, or what I was once.. And you know what? I realized that none of that matters. It is who I am now that matters, not who I was. You should do the same.. Sure, our pasts shape who we are.. But I do not remember mine. And I do not appear to be a terrible of a creature." The wolf got to her feet and took a step closer to Silver. "What does it matter if I was a pup killer? Or maybe even a wolf that betrayed my entire pack and cost them their lives. Or if I was exiled because I killed someone. Or if I chose to leave? What matters is that I am alive, standing here and I have a wolf that I can call a friend. Even if she is a little crazy." Her tone was gentle as she spoke, a smile on her lips to take the sting out of calling Silver crazy.

Inactive Deceased
Silver
Silver was speechless. What more needed to be said? Spectre had said it all. She was right too. Forget about your past, that was a hard thing to do but Silver could try. Her mind was clear now she wasn't thinking about her dark memories. Giving Spectre a sisterly nudge felt good. Something she only did with Moe. "Thanks. I know I am crazy but in a good way, right?'. A smile was formed as she said this. Her tail slowly wagging. All of a sudden she starting think of someone. It wasn't Moe or Spectre. It was Ace. Why had her mind brought him up? Her heart couldn't handle it. Yes it might have been a crush but it was a strong one. She had to let something else flow into her mind. Something more calming. Pictures of the forest filled her head instead. Silver couldn't have her heart in the wrong place with the wrong wolf.

Her mind went blank. Almost like a room full of white walls.She didn't know what to do or react. But then she heard a bird. Something she could turn her attention to. Looking up at it she couldn't tell what it was. Maybe Spectre knew. "Hey, do you know what type of bird that it?". Silver pointed her nose upwards towards the bird. But it seemed it had been flying away. Oh well maybe it would come back. For a moment Silver wished she could fly. But then she thought it would be weird to be a flying wolf.
(This post was last modified: Jul 08, 2013, 04:07 PM by Silver.)
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer
She smiled at the nudge and returned it in kind, her tail wagging behind her. The other drew her attention towards the sky and the bird that flew. Ice Blue eyes wtched it before she shook her head. "I can not say that I do know.." Her stomach chose that moment to rumble quite loudly in protest of their lack of food. It caused the pale female to laugh nervously. "Perhaps we should find something to eat. Maybe having a full stomach will let us talk about other things." The wolf turned, trying to brush her nose against Silver's hip, before lowering her head to the ground to begin scenting about for a trail of some kind.

"Perhaps we can find the mother of that baby deer. With two of us, we might be able to catch her. Though, our best bet might just be a boar or rabbit or something. Though, with the undergrowth as thick as it is, maybe something larger would be best. Something we do not have to chase through small holes." Spectre smiled, once more returning her nose to the ground and inhaling the smells that covered the forest floor. "What do you think?" She had visions of deer, elk, rabbit, boar, mice, even the occasional muskrat dancing through her head. It sounded very much like a feast to her. A feast that she was loathe to share with anyone. But she would share with Silver.

Inactive Deceased
Silver
She giggled a little when she heard Spectre's stomach rumble. The offer about hunting sounded good. In the distance a cry of a Elk broke out. "Let's get that elk.". Those four words sounded almost like a secret spy had said it. Silver broke off into a sprint running towards the sound. Heart beating and feet pounding was all she heard. Slowing down as she got close to the elk. She had to wait for Spectre. The Elk was so close she could taste it. They would have to think wise about how to work with it. Take it back to the Den or Eat it all? It was Spectre's call.

She got in a pounce position ready to leap and run. It was a gamble they were taking but it would be worth it. Letting out a soft whisper she asked Spectre a question. "Are we gonna take the elk back to the pack if we get it?". She would've felt bad if they didn't. Like a guilty feeling in the bottom of her gut.

They had been standing in tall grass to make sure the Elk wouldn't notice them. Especially Spectre sense she had bright white fur. Silver had Dark Black and Brown fur. It made her look a little bit like a mud puddle. "Let's do this.". She said this quiet but you could tell there was excitement. The tension was so thick you could bite right through it. Nervous, this had been her first hunt with someone. She wished it would go well.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer
Spectre hadn't been thinking quite so large as an elk. They were a nasty sort even when you had a full pack to hunt them. The white wolf frowned, following behind Silver as she chased the thing, her jaws shut tightly out of concern. As they got closer, the white female lowered herself to the ground, peering through the grasses with ice blue eyes, watching the herbivore as it moved through the open area. She looked to the side and saw few places for them to hide, but lots of open ground. If the thing got to open ground, they would lose it, but if they cornered it, it was sure to use its antlers on them. She frowned, trying to think of the best way to manage to get them both out of the line of fire if it came down to actually hunting the thing. Could she convince Silver to try for smaller prey?

"It will outrun us on flat, open ground..and will fight us if we corner it..but if we can manage to stay clear of its hooves and antlers, we may have a chance of tiring it out until one of us can get a solid grasp." The she wolf lowered her ears to her neck, watching the moose as it browsed through the tall grasses. "We will not be able to haul it back to the pack on our own.. but our voices should carry more than far enough to summon them to a meal. It will be their own fault if they miss out." She chuckled, moving a half step forward, sizing Silver up.

"How fast can you run?"

Inactive Deceased
Silver
She let out a soft sigh. "Your right we could get hurt easily.". It might be worth the run but certainly not pain. Giving a soft glance as to say that Spectre is right. "Maybe we should go for something smaller and haul it back to the pack?". It would just have been easier to do that instead of taking down the elk with all you power.

The elk had been standing there. It was a great temptation to go after it. Nudging Spectre a bit to get here attention she pointed her nose to two rabbits. "Now i know we can take those back to the pack.". Silver wagged her tail and walked a little closer to the rabbits. Without second thought she shot through the air landing. Sprinting off in the directions of the rabbits she noticed a rabbit hole. "Dang it!". Silver stumbled a little before the first rabbit got in the hole. Nipping at the seconds one leg as it jumped in. She just wasn't able to catch it's leg in her mouth. As it ducked into the hole Silver mumbled some words that she wasn't to proud to be saying.

Storming back to Spectre there was a anger in her eyes. Something no one might have seen before. "I let them get away!". Upset she turned to start walking back to the pack. "I could never be a hunter.". Silver had to calm herself down so that she wouldn't arrive to the pack made and upset.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer
Spectre watched as Silver took off after the pair of rabbits, sitting and waiting for her to return. She knew that hunting rabbits wasn't easy.. and she never managed to catch the things anyway. Silvers antics had sent the elk a short distance away, but she gave the other an almost evil knievel smile. "Let us try for the elk anyway. Who knows? We might manage to get it.. We just have to be careful. We are both fast runners.. We can wear it down. We just have to keep it in the clearing. When it tries to run to get away, we cut it off." She shifted, tilting her head to look at Silver, ice blue eyes twinkling with mirth. "Anyone can be a hunter. It just takes practice. Let us try. As long as we are careful, the worse that can happen is that it gets away."

The wolf moved, getting to her feet, but remaining crouched. "How about you go to the left, and I will go to the right.. Since I am white, I will be the one to show myself first and make it run towards you. You jump out and scare it. If we can keep it penned in, eventually it will get tired of trying to keep us away and we can sink our teeth into it." She knew the hunt was risky.. But what was life without a little risk anyway? "Just watch the antlers when it swings its head at you."