(See All?) Announcements
519 Users Online
Bing, Google, Viorel, Adora

don my clothes — Pitch Pine Trail 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
After having coached Lachesis in letting him know the possible things that he could do for the pack, she wondered if anyone else in the pack had an issue with their placement. She understood that now two wolves had joined their ranks, two females, and that the two of them had been placed above Capella. Would the female yearling understand why she was bumped down or did Ana need to perform the same caring and kind confrontation that she used with her best friend? She did it out of love for Lachesis and she would do the same for Capella as a friend and leader. However, she would not pursue the action unless told or given reason to confront.

For now she simply decided that she would take a walk around the borders to clear her mind. There were a few members, a lot really, that she had yet to meet and perhaps now was a good time to make that a false statement. There were at least four members that she didn’t know as well as she should and this would be an easy fix if she simply stretched and wandered, they would find her. She was almost sure of it.

Walking alongside the border, sniffing the pines that she passed and otherwise finding the smell to be a welcoming one she knew that her work would never be done. Her time as Alpha would be put to good use and hopefully good things would come of it. That was all she could hope for. Perhaps deep down she felt somewhat possessive of her rank, knowing that rank challenges were a possible course of action for the two new females who had been brought into the ranks. Ana was not very strong physically but it was certainly something she was working on changing.

Marking her scent here and there to validate their pack as a whole, she did her best to continue doing this for as long as possible. Trailing along the outskirts, picking up scents of prey and pack mates, those that passed by and yet paid no attention. No matter what she couldn’t allow anything or anyone get by her or at her, she had to be strong now as an Alpha next to Shade. She didn’t want to let him down.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Whisper who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

After the Elk that Silver had brought down, Spectre had eaten quite heartily, and was no longer hungry. She did not stop hunting, however, and found herself once again ranging outside of the pack lands on the prowl for a meal. Perhaps she should try to organize some kind of pack hunt, with the permission of the alphas. The elk would feed the pack for days, but she was certain that the younger pups she had heard at night were going to be unable to make the trip out to the kill. So, she changed course from the hunt to go fetch some more of the kill to bring back to the den.

Arriving in the glen, she was unhappy to find that the carcass had been scavenged on, and one of the scavengers, a small coyote was still gorging itself on the two-day old meat. Snarling, Spectre took chase, her longer legs outrunning the smaller, more nimble coyote. It helped that the things belly was full of heavy food and it was slower. The high pitched yelp as her jaws closed around its back was mildly satisfying to hear.

While the Elk was not terribly close to the pack lands, it was still far too close for her comfort to have coyotes skulking around with little ones in the den. A good, vigorous shake had its cries silenced for good. Spectre dropped the furry form and inspected the coyote and the Elk carcass. There was far too little left of the carcass to make it worth her while to return to the den, so she hefted the coyote in her jaws instead, and trotted back towards Pitch Pine Trail.

She smelled the pale form before she saw her, and Spectre paused just outside the pack borders, ice blue eyes inspecting the female that paced along the borders. She did not recognize the wolf, and hesitated before stepping closer, the coyote dangling limp from her jaws. Was this the alphess of the pack? Or one of the other adult females. Slowly, the white wraith came to a stop and lowered her head, depositing her kill upon the ground. "I found this skulking about the Elk kill from the other day.. Perhaps it would be..wise to keep an eye out for more in case they range closer to the pack lands in search of more to eat."

She hoped her words would be well received and not rebuffed. Spectre lowered her head, ears folding against her nape as she tucked her tail lower, holding it even with her thighs, knees slightly bent. If this was the alpha female of the pack, she did not want to anger her in any way.

Word Count: 468
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">
There was something oddly comforting about walking along the lines of her pack. It felt oddly satisfying and comforting, revealing that this made her feel at least a little bit more important than she had before. The longer she stayed with the pack, caring for Adsila and Karpos, watching all of her pack mates walk amongst each other and communicate the more she felt at home. This was her pack now and whether or not she had ever really seen herself as an Alpha seemed null and void now. All because she was one. It was somewhat by default and likely temporary but it was still a nice thing to see yourself as such. So Anastasia carried herself around the pack as an Alpha should—tall and strong, dominant and proud.
So when spotted one of her members, presumably one that she hadn’t personally met yet, she made it a notion to move a little in their direction. The wolf carried with her something in her jaws and as she got closer and sat it down on the ground, she was told of what had happened. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“Oh,” she mentioned with a pull back of her head as she regarded the situation carefully, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“Spectre, right?” Ana assumed that this was one of the two females that had recently joined their pack under Shade’s words but she would trust in his decision. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“I’m Anastasia, the Alpha Female though I assume Shade might have mentioned me?” If not, she knew now. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“I will keep an eye out and I will tell Shade the same.”

Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

The female offered her alpha a small smile, inclining her head before she found herself fidgeting. "I just would not have wished your pups to be harmed should a predator come calling." Spectre was still unaware of the complex relationship between the alphas, and that Anastasia was not the true mother of the packs two young puppies. Ice blue eyes began to roam over the other pale creature, memorizing certain features so that she would know the alpha from a distance when her scent was not readily available. "If, I may be so bold as to ask, how long has the pack been here? When your mate recruited me, he stated the pack was still small."

That was evidenced enough by the fact that she had suddenly found herself as the second ranked female in the pack without having had to fight for it. That did not mean, however, that Spectre was unwilling to fight to keep her position. She had discovered that she rather liked being ranked right where she was. Though, her friend Silver had been a member of the pack only days more than she had, if her words were correct. Why had the other darker wolf not been given the second position? A momentary frown touched the white females face as she thought to her friend. Would Silver soon attempt to fight her for her rank? She certainly hoped that the alphas would not just grant her the rank without first allowing Spectre the honor of defending it.

"I...would ask what task you wish me to carry out.. I would like to be an asset to your pack, but I do not know what tasks the others that live here hold." She moved, sitting on her haunches in silence as she watched the higher ranked female. Eyes did not meet Anastasia's, but instead, focused on a spot just south of her nose.. Closer to her chest area. She did not wish to cause trouble, not so soon after joining the pack.

Word Count: 333
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
Her pups? She thought for a second if Spectre understood that phrase. Like, really understood the concept behind them being hers and why she spent so much time with her. Don’t get her wrong—she loved every moment that she was able to spend with Karpos and Adsila. They were amazing and she knew that she would never forget them even if she ever did leave or depart, as they were more special than she could imagine. However, she desperately wanted her own children that came from her own womb.
It was when she announced ‘mate’ that Anastasia painted wide eyes upon her face and shook her head. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“Oh no!” she chuckled, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“we’re not mates. They’re not ‘my’ children. I’m nursing them as their mother left.” Perhaps it wasn’t knowledge that was meant to be shared throughout the entire pack but she had weighed her options. Anastasia didn’t want others to think that she and Shade were mates and eventually she believed that the two children would know that she wasn’t their birth mother—just as she didn’t want any of her pack mates to see Shade as a taken target.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“As to your question… the pack has been up for about a month at least. Not very long. We started out with eight, including the youngsters.” Their pack was still fresh and new, but she saw a lot of promise in the eyes of her members. They all had something unique to bring to the plate and she was more than excited to see all of it day by day. It was something that Spectre seemed to see to, as she was interested in the roles that likely had not and would not be cast in the future so that she could pick up the extra load. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“We currently have a Guardian and a Scout, and I know one of our yearlings is working on being a healer once they’ve reached the age of two. I’m not sure about the other two. What are you interested in?”

Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

The revelation that Anastasia was not the mother of the packs pups was indeed interesting, and strange.. but she understood the need for them to have a mother. And in a way, Spectre admired Shade for having done what needed to be done to see to the survival of his children. She shuffled somewhat nervously, ears folding back a little bit against her skull as she thought of what else to say to the other pale creature. There really was not much she could think of to discuss with the other. It was not as if Spectre held a rank that she could simply speak her mind about just anything. Not really.

The pale leader asked what she was intending to do as a task, and Spectre offered a smile, ice blue eyes sliding from where they looked at the other to the world around them. She took it all in in silence before parting her jaws to answer the question. "Hunting..I have found that I enjoy hunting.. Even if it means scavenging the kills from others, I feel that it would be my.. niche for helping here in the pack. I'm not large or strong enough to boast the ability to be a guardian, nor am I really knowledgeable about herb lore to consider myself any kind of a healer..." Perhaps some day, she might wish to change her task from hunter to scout, but for now, Spectre was content to chase the frightened prey where ever they may run. It actually gave her kind of a rush..The fear was almost.. sweet smelling. Not that she would ever admit it out loud.

Word Count: 272
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
There was very little that she knew about the ice blue female besides that she had taken up the second subordinate spot just beneath her. That alone was a sign that she was very capable of taking an important task within the pack. After all, they would need to get whatever needed to be done out of the way and from what she could see there were plenty of tasks that still needed to be picked up. Their yearlings had a long way to go to earn theirs but they would surely learn through the months of how to perfect their jobs. Just as she was learning about how to lead and be a leader each day.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">Hunter, huh? Well, as far as she knew none of the other members had taken any interest in the hunter task so there was certainly an opening for her. Being new to leading and not having much knowledge in the matter, she would likely look to Shade for feedback just in case he had any last minute words but as far as she could tell Spectre would do well with the job. Determined and had the right physique for the task, she could likely even teach Adsila and Karpos the fine qualities of hunting once they were of an appropriate age (which would be soon).
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">Very well, she answered with a nod and a smile with the delight that another slot of responsibility had been filled. There would now be a leader for pack hunts. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">I'll let Shade know you're interested if he doesn't know already and I'm sure he'd be interested in starting up a hunt here soon.

Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

Spectre chuckled somewhat nervously, her tail wagging lightly between her thighs as she turned her attention to Anastasia and her comment about being a hunter. "I should like that very much...Thank you." The female had intended to depart - to allow Anastasia her space, but something had her curious, and she paused in her attempt to leave, turning her gaze towards the other blue eyed pale wolf. "If.. I may be so bold.. How many strong is our pack now, Anastasia? I have not met all of them, yet the scents I smell seem to be growing every day."

There were other things she wished to ask the pale female, but Spectre knew that there was a time for everything, and held her tongue for the time being. After all - she wished to make sure that Anastaisa was not going to rip her head off.. or something along those lines. Though, she doubted it, the Pitch Pine second found herself constantly worrying that she would do something wrong that would cause her to land in some hot water with the Alphas. She shifted, ears nervously laying themselves against her skull. She knew as the packs second, she really should know all the wolves of the pack, but as Shade and Anastasia allowed more to join, she found the esse of the new scents unnerving to say the least. How many could she trust? How many were like Beezlebub? and would make the fur on her neck and spine stand on end just at the mere thought of them?

Word Count: 260
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
pretty crappy post, sorry :( lol <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">
It seemed to Anastasia that there was a slight tension in the air, like an unspoken word and while she wished to know what it was she had already begun to assume she knew. It was likely a topic that she didn't want to discuss with a subordinate but only because she was already feeling incredibly feeble and weak in her position. Ana knew from the beginning that being Alpha had never been an obtainable object to her and when Shade had handed it to her for taking care of Karpos and Adsila, she hadn't the heart to reject it. It was just that Anastasia was a soft-hearted individual that likely couldn't hurt a fly and she certainly had too big of a heart. The situation was just one that seemed temporary and she just had to see it as such for now... until she could feel useful.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">We have thirteen individuals altogether, including Karpos and Adsila. And in her words she realized just how large they had gotten since their beginning. It would seem that they were the largest pack within Relic Lore, though she wasn't aware of this fact. They were strong individuals together but her weakness of seeing herself as the weakest link caused her to feel pressured to be better. Lachesis was right, she should ask Shade for help to become stronger and able to fight her own battles and earn her place as Alpha Female. It certainly was no picnic to feel bemused by her position in the pack but if that was where Shade wished for her to be than she would uphold that honor to the best of her abilities.

Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

Thirteen was quite the impressive number, and Spectre found herself smiling despite the sheer number of wolves she had not yet met. Though, with thirteen, it troubled her, leaving her with more questions. "Are you not afraid that one of the females will attempt to take your position from you? I...fear that very same thing. Silver covets the position of second, and I do not as of yet know many of the other females of the pack... I rather...enjoy my position as the packs second, but I fear that someone will attempt to take it from me..I..would of course defend my place in the pack..but.." She was asking for a few reasons. Since arriving, Spectre had found an...unhealthy interest in the dark pelted alpha of the pack. She rather liked him, even if he did not return the favor in kind. She wished to feel out Anastasia in the rather unlikely event Shade should reciprocate her ghosts of feelings.

After all, she did not imagine that it would be easy to live under the other female if Shade did indeed return the feeling. Spectre was actually quite certain that she should rather prefer to have the position as alphena at his side, rather than the packs second.. But what of the pups? Did they not regard Anastasia as their mother? For that is what she was in a way - a surrogate to replace the one that they had lost to the wilderness.. Or to the wandering nature of the other being.

Word Count: 250