Google, Bing, Magg, Khalon, Isla

mouse. mine. — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
Sköll Archer
his royal highness
The adults started their own conversation and as Elettra moved to counter the prince's companion, Sköll waited patiently at the edge of Willow Ridge's borders. Twice while watching and listening as the man explained his reasons to being there with boy the lifeless mouse fell through the cub's small teeth, and twice the prince hastily snatched it back up. As both his mother and the rogue began to exchange introductions, Sköll's attention suddenly went to his trinket. He frowned and it suddenly occurred to him that his toy was no longer moving...

He opened his jaws wide enough for the rodent to roll off his carnation-pink tongue, watching as it fell into the grass with a soft rustle. With the softest touch, he reached with his paw to the mouse's back and poked it. It didn't even flinch like it had before. It clicked. Something was wrong with it. Never mind that it seemed like it had obeyed his commands to let him pick it up, it just wasn't doing anything anymore. He tried again to test its reaction, lowering his head and neck as to nudge it with his nose. Again, it didn't do anything but lay there.

As soon as Elettra had fallen silent for a time, perhaps to let the man reply and maybe even introduce himself once and for all, the cub sat up straight again. His ears perked up and his eyes wordlessly pleaded for his only parent to turn her attention back to him. Without even thinking he was already calling out to her, unaware that it was absolutely rude to interrupt (especially when the grown-ups were engaged in learning more about one another).

"Mama!" he yipped with perfect diction (a feat he had finally mastered to an art since Angier had taught him the word), "Mama!! MAMA, 'e broke-ed my maowse!!" A partial whine came through his nostrils and he wailed and squalled, "He-- He broke-ed my maoooooooowse!"

template base by GINNYSAURUS
(This post was last modified: Jul 12, 2013, 11:24 AM by Skoll.)
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away
Played by Bryony who has 171 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Chulyin Nyanquet
The terrible thought of killing a child would never cross the man's mind. And if it did, it only infuriated him. He was simply glad that this woman had not accused him of such a thing, although he probably would have swiftly made his leave rather than taking his anger out on a stranger. His stance remained low, though he did not cower at her feet. He was not in search of a home, not until he found his sister. Golden eyes remained trained upon the silvered woman as she left her borders and her child. Chulyin did not move. Her stiff warning fell upon listening ears, <b style="color:#a51919">"I pray nothing I do would warrant such an attack." It was good to know that the mother cared for her children enough to hunt down those who would harm them. So he heard no threat in her words, only something to know about her pack and the surrounding ones. For Chulyin would never harm a child, so there was little need for him to fear her words.

She gave him her name, and Chulyin rose up a bit, finding it less rude to introduce himself if he could properly bow. <b style="color:#a51919">"Chulyin, miss Elettra," The large man bowed, his head dipped low. <b style="color:#a51919">"Of the North." A few yards away, the child protested, and Chulyin's ears twitched. <b style="color:#a51919">"Now that your son is safe, I ought to take my leave." There was no need to waste any more of the woman's time with idle chat. However, as a leader, he would remain to speak if engaged. But he was still on a mission to find his sister and the less time wasted, the better. <b style="color:#a51919">

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
His words were simple, an air of confidant and Elettra takes consideration to his lack of feeling threatened by her words, likely because he knew he had nothing to worry about, for no such action would ever cross his mind. After all, Elettra could only assume this, granted no air of question to her abilities took his expression. He would lift himself then, enough to allow a proper bow as he introduced himself. A manner formal, proper and elegant, as she was used to having the display within her home land. Names had always been included with a bow towards women or a dipping of a muzzle. Though the men within her homeland were warriors, ruthless and often filled with a certain air of tyranny, little held not an ability of chivalry. With his stance, his display and obvious girth, he could have easily fitted as a man of Torbine.
Had she known of the man's intention, she would have held information of great use to him, a way of leading him into the right direction. Alas, the words were not passed and his intention of leaving the area was made clear. If he was not looking for a place to call home it would be best he left anyhow, threat or not and so, Elettra gave no objection...mainly with his child yipping in the back ground, her ears twitching as Chulyin's to the display. "Until the next..." Is her goodbye and without further ado her bod whips around, offering full attention to her child as she returns to him, offering a shove with intention of prodding him back towards the den. "It is rude to interrupt conversation, especially my conversations and with complaints." She grumbles to her child, a hiss marring her tongue. She was a woman of little patience and having children really had a way of testing this further. Though she was snappy, rude and angry, never did the mother strike out at them. Not at least while they were too young to hack it...
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
Sköll Archer
his royal highness
Once their goodbyes had been said - and, Sköll was able to tell they had been because the man had bowed down to her just like the rest of the pack did when they were done speaking to his mother - Elettra began marching back to where the young prince still sat. He knew he should have been in the den by now but, oh, now he had his mother all to himself. The closer she drew to him with an apparent rhythm in her step that suggested that she was possibly not pleased with him, the more the boy's tail began to wriggle and lash about. So what if Mama was mad? He had her attention, and he had until all the long way back to the den to bond with her.

"Muh-mah," he murmured with a renewed salutation, lavishing the side of her face, muzzle and chin with small kisses. She nudged him and, while all four of his willowy and cumbersome legs were set into motion, he clumsily craned his head down to snatch up the mouse. His ears came upward as she grumbled and hissed, outright scolding him. His whisker-adorned brows angled downward as they began to move away from the pack borders. They did not stay down however as the prince easily rebounded with a rebuttal, "Bu', Mamaaaa."

Much to his dismay the mouse fell from his jaws again and he had to stop to pick it up. One bumbling move of not reacting quick enough and picking his paws up as quick as he should have had him overshooting his target and bracing himself with his other paw. He stood rather awkwardly over his toy and he tried again, absolutely oblivious to the angered tone in her voice. "But... Mama, I gots a maowse!" It had occurred to Sköll at an early age that Elettra usually spoke in such a tone all the time, but he had never really understood why. At this point he assumed that it was simply the way she spoke.

He bent to snatch up the rodent again and hurried back to her side, looking up at her so that she could see the soiled white fur between his teeth. "Shee? Seeeee Wa-wrah?" With his tail still whipping about, he continued to beam up at her, lobbying for any bit of praise that she sometimes bestowed upon @Asriel and @Morganna alone.

i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Troublesome he was, something Elettra Archer had come to clearly notice as the child grew further in his youth, progressing away from the need for milk and onto supply each wolf within the ranks was capable of offering. Even his drive to hunt showed, with the prize he insisted on carrying, a small and pathetic excuse for a meal, though something worth being prideful of at his age and thus something Elettra would not overlook. Though she was angered, her eyes would drift to the small, white haired mouse that her child insisted on showing off. His chaotic nature evident, he was much less likely to directly adhere her command, less likely to 'snap to it', as it were.
Breathing in deeply, Elettra pauses long enough for her child to return to her side after once more receiving the catch he had obtained. Her hips move, arching around so that she is facing her son and her nose dips low, taking to sniff at the small mouse which dangled at the tail between the teeth on the young Archer villain. "You have done well, my son." She pauses as she leans back away from the kill and eases onto her hunches now that they were safely within the pack's territory. "Though it is a prize, it is no toy, it is food. Small and not worth much for an adult, but food none the less. When you are older, you will come to eat creatures as this. ...Now, you've got a head start over your sister and brother on how to hunt." She both praises him as it is obvious this is what he so desires as well as explains to him the significance of the mouse, though it would do him little good now whilst he was unable to eat and break down whole foods.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
Sköll Archer
his royal highness
She followed through and the praise that was bestowed in the simple, but utterly moving "You have done well, my son," sent his ego flying through the atmosphere. His tail had only stilled for a moment when he began to believe his chance for appraisal was going to be dismissed, but as soon as she had told him he had "done well" it resumed it's flailing... even when she had told him that it was not a toy. It was small, that he knew, but it had never occurred to him until now that it wasn't worth "much." His little black nose wrinkled along one side momentarily as he processed this information. It was enough for him and that would have to do, he guessed. Perhaps when he got older he would have to try it again with one of those long-earred thingies he often saw his mother's subjects bring into the territory.

Elettra further informed him that he would actually eat things like the maowse he currently possessed and it prompted him to lightly bite down on it with his still present milk teeth and feel the fur against his tongue and the roof of his mouth. It tasted funky, that was for sure, but at least he came to slowly understand that in "playing chase" and catching his little trinket, he finally got a "leg up" on a skill his brother and sister had yet to learn: hunting.

In noticing that his mother had seated herself, Sköll gently placed the rodent between his paws and looked back up at her, obviously still on a quest for something more from her... more of her words, her voice and knowledge of things he did not yet know. "Mamaaa," he had to sound out just to be sure he continued to keep her attention. "It taste..." His brows drew together in a scowl as he found that he did not have the words to describe that it didn't taste "right." "It not toy?" he managed, thinking a question would better suit his thoughts instead.

As if to suddenly declare the fact, he looked from his mouse to Elettra's face, testing her to see what she would say if he outright said such a thing, "Mah, dis a toy. Maowse-toy." Still wanting to impress her, he made sure to pick up on what she had just told him, "Sköll hunt maowse. Look!" With that said, he bent down picked up the lifeless creature again and flung it somewhere to the left, watching it come in contact with the ground and roll about with its hairless tail thrashing about behind it before it came to a stop. Hastily, he darted after it, closing in on its location with an energetic pounce. Before he could even pick it up, though, he made sure to prod it with a nose and paw just to make sure it would obediently lay there as it had before. Jubilantly he chirped back at his mother, "I hunt!"

i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Merrr. Sorry. Muse for this is bleehhhhh. Idk. Vami and Elettra not used to motherly talk!

She watches him, intrigued, interested, in the display he offers her. His tail wagging with utmost excitement, his still milk teeth sinking into the fur and skin of the creature as a chew toy, that he would one day test drive as something to actually tear into and eat. Silver attention took in all this, whilst she could, their youth, their unknowing, their innocence and ignorance. Although Elettra had been a child once herself, her interest in other children within Torbine had been little to none. There was den mothers to take care of the children, specific to attend to their needs. She was a princess then and Elettra's first lessons to caring for children had been within the heart of Grizzly Hollow. Of course she had rounded them up when they strayed, had watched over them, had fiercely protected them... But she had never a need to comfort them, to teach them, to praise them. The experience was all new to her, for though she had bore children before her time with them had been so short she had not even a moment to name them, to decide their names in order to do so....
Elettra Archer was a stubborn woman. Strict, demanding, and hard working. She looked down upon fools and lesser, mixed species. She detest ignorance and those who did not hold will or drive or skill in order to hold their own weight. Her children, as horrible as it may sound, were like this. They did not know. They did not work. Having to deal with this was something that would not come easily for the mother though as they aged, she was learning that their limitation on knowledge extended to only how little she was willing to teach them. If she was going to make smart, dignified, powerful kin, she would have to take them each and every step of the way in order for her to accomplish this.
He confirms his inability to eat it, the taste seemingly odd to him by his words, as obviously as it would be. He would still think it a toy, whilst at the time he could not think of it as food. "A toy, for now." She huffs, agreeing to the child for the moment in being, a rolling over of her silvered attention as a smirk plays upon her features to her son, now tossing the rodent to the side and instinctively sharing after it to show a job well done. Elettra lifts, prancing her way with bounded steps towards predator and prey. A grey toed paw lifts, slashing at the mouse in order to scoop it away from her child's footing and steal it for her own self. "And if I take your maowse?" The mother so horribly teases the youth, dipping down her muzzle to take the mouse into her jaws by the thick end of it's tail. She cradles it gently there, holding it out of her son's reach. He was somewhat slighter then his older brother, slim with a set of long limbs to become powerful and swift. She would put them to the test! Dropping down her front half, her tail waves behind her like a flag, daring him to come forth and take back what he had 'hunt' for.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
That's allllllright. <3 Wanted to wrap this up anyhow. :D Archive or post one more time if you'd like! That was fun!

Sköll Archer
his royal highness
"A toy, for now." Elettra declared, but it did little to stifle the small prince's pride. All that mattered to him was that it was a toy, even for a little while. That would be fine by him... His mother stood up and he eagerly watched her every move. What he hadn't expected was that she had come over to take his toy away. From between his small paws it rolled over into her possession.

"And if I take your maowse?" she teased him. Sköll openly frowned, though his tail still wagged in the spirit of play as the Leader lowered her muzzle to take the lifeless rodent's tail between her teeth. He readily sized up just how far he would have to reach in order to reclaim his toy. At that moment it didn't even matter to him if Asriel could have easily bounded up on his hind legs and recovered it for his own; all Sköll knew was that he was capable of so much also... if he tried.

To his surprise, the Archer woman bowed down again in play. Even her tail wagged! Sköll remained as still as he could, staring at her with an already well-developed expression that hinted at his calculating, scheming mind. "Den I takes it aw-gain," he barked and before anything else could even stop him, the boy struck. His large ears went back and his paws readily braced themselves to land in the space in front of Elettra and his small jowls opened to reclaim his prize. When Sköll pulled back from snatching the white-furred corpse from his mother's jaws, he hadn't even realized that he had basically pulled the tail from the poor lifeless thing. It was a good thing it didn't need it anymore...

Once the mouse was secure in his jaws, he bolted away as fast as his small legs could carry him. When he believed himself to be a good distance away but still able to see his mother behind him, he opened his mouth to say something and dropped the mouse again. He panted with a wide, boyish smile. "MINE NAOOOOWWW!!" he squealed after her. Then, in haste, he clutched the tail-less mouse back into his jaws and started heading back to the den, a place where he was sure his mother would never find him and steal his plaything again...

(This post was last modified: Aug 12, 2013, 07:21 AM by Skoll.)
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Skoll, so cute !

Her silver attention narrows, waiting, trying to read her youth as already at his age his mind twisted and wondered in calculation. He did not scream and cry, now whine and complain, which would have very much put out Elettra if he had. He was left to think, perhaps in ways she saw more in him then her eldest born son, Asriel, who was more of dominance and brute strength then the child before her now.
His words amused her and excited her, though if it were true battle the boy would be little of a challenge to her. He thinks quick, his words slipping out and his body reacting before she is able to react. She intends to loosen her grip as her child retakes the mouse, but he is small and quick and manages to have half the tail ripped off in the scuffle (to which Elettra quickly swallowed down). Her body bounds up, trotting lightly after her son as he takes off at full speed within the Willow Ridge territory. Stopping only to proclaim his victory, Elettra bursts there after him (making sure to slow down significantly when he was not looking) in chase.