648 Users Online
Bing, Google

Are we the waiting? — Verdant Mosses 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Silver
@Spectre
As she had gotten tired of waiting for Shade she had wondered off into the Verdant Mosses. A place that calmed Silver. Her mind had be Scabrous lately. For she was worried about how Ace would bee when she left. But she also was feeling some anger for Spectre, as she had a higher rank. Silver didn't want to jump right to a rank challenge so she decided she would talk to her. See what Spectre thought. Maybe Spectre never wanted that spot.

Slowly her mind slid into a state of ease. No worries filled her mind or body. The only thing she wanted know was Ace to be right next to her. Silver had known she would have to go pack to the pack and find Shade so that she could get her first mission over. It had been tugging at her ever sense Shade had mentioned it when the first met at his borders. She was very happy that she had been welcomed into Pitch Pine Trail. Silver might not shown it but she was. Every now and though she wonders what would've happened if she turned Pitch Pine Trail down and kept going. Would she die? Would she live and find a home? These were all questions that wouldn't get answered. Or more to say she didn't want answered.

Slowly she sat down. Sinking into the ground. The sky was dark and she had been appreciated that. It made Silver blend in more. Not as many wolves would see her. Yes maybe they could smell her but they wouldn't know where to look. Especially not when she is hidden inbetween the trees and bushes.
(This post was last modified: Jul 17, 2013, 02:30 AM by Silver.)
Played by Whisper who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

Silence reigned in the head of the pale female as she trotted through the Verdant Mosses, her nose to the ground, seeking some form of prey or..something. She was not really hungry, mostly bored. Sure, she was the highest ranked female under Anastasie, but it did not mean she was the packs second in command, and reinforcing the borders or patrolling them seemed like it might be more of a transgression on her permissions than anything. Ahead of her, she saw the darker form of Silver and smiled, tail wagging as she approached the other, coming to a halt on the others left side. She attempted to follow the wolfs gaze to where she was looking before tilting her head.

"Penny for your thoughts, Silver? You look..quite thoughtful." Her tone was teasing, but she did care about the other females inner workings. After all, they were in the same pack, and Silver was the wolf that Spectre knew the best out of the entirety of the pack. She did not really know the strengths of the packs that surrounded them, but would have liked to have thought that Pitch Pine trail was fairly strong in numbers. And it seemed to grow steadily. She was recognizing different scents.. including that of the slime ball of a black wolf that had the audacity to trespass.

THe mere thought of Beelzebub had Spectre's dander up, her temper rising even though nothing of the current moment had a reason to irritate her. Managing to quell the snarl that wanted to ebb up out of her throat, she remained silent, simply looking at Silver, waiting for the answer of the other female.

Word Count: 276
Inactive Deceased
Silver
Out of nowhere Silver hears Spectre's voice ring through the air. Trying to process what Spectre said Silver had managed to get a few words out "What's it like being under the Alpha?'. The words had been soft and light as if Silver wanted only Spectre to hear. She had wondered what it was like for a while. Ever sense she was a young pup. Did it bring honor? Maybe she should just go talk to the Alphas about it. They would know, wouldn't they?

"You know what forget I asked.". Silver's words were fast and sharp but not meant to hurt anyone if they did. She set her head down on the floor and let out a sigh. It was a quiet one so Spectre wouldn't hear it. Silver felt dizzy and confused. Her emotions tumbled around inside of her mixing them selves together. Slowly she shut her eyes. Not to dream but to think. Opening her eyes she stood up from her spot and faced Spectre about five feet away. Silver didn't dare look at her in the eyes. She would much rather talk first then challenge her first.

"Why do you think the Alphas put you as second? I don't mean to sound rude or anything.". She dipped her head slightly as she said this to show respect and not be so uptight and rude. If anything she knew Spectre might start to think of her as rude and snobbish but she didn't want that. She liked her friend and didn't want to lose her over some rank.That would be the last thing she wanted. For Silver hated losing friends over something so "silly". It really wasn't silly to her but that was one thing she would call it. Instead of important and wanted spot.
(This post was last modified: Jul 17, 2013, 03:44 AM by Silver.)
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

Well, that certainly was a strange question, and it had Spectre tilting her head as she attempted to puzzle the answer out. The pale female clamped her jaws together as she thought over her answer, trying to figure out what exactly Silver expected to hear for an answer. It was not exactly glamorous, but she did not have any more responsibilities. Though, it did mean that she did not have to submit to anyone but their Alpha, and that was perfectly fine with her, really. Spectre opened her mouth to speak when Silver snarled about forgetting it. It had the female mildly taken aback and slightly irritated, on top of the irritation that had taken root at the thought of Beelzebub. Any bitter comments she might have snapped out in response to Silver's words was bitten back by sheer will.

Silver spoke up again, this time asking why the Alpha's had placed her as Second, and not Silver. To that, she had no answer, but Spectre frowned, thinking it over. "I do not know, to be frank. Perhaps there is something that they saw in me?" She shrugged, hear ears sliding back to listen to Silver as she stood next to the other, feeling as if her nerves were on fire. Why was she asking? Did she intend to attempt to force Spectre to relinquish the rank to her? Did she even want it that badly as to fight to keep it? Spectre spent some moments thinking about just that, and what it would mean to live /under/ her friend. Despite the fact that she liked Silver, she could not imagine being a subordinate to her. No, that would not do at all. "....Why do you ask?" Even as she spoke, Spectre took a step to the side, putting a slight distance between them. Just in case.

Word Count: 306
Inactive Deceased
Silver
Silver let out a slight snarl when the higher ranked female said that they saw something in her and not Silver. To her surprise the anger inside of her was blowing all through her body. Silver's fur felt on fire, her eyes staring straight into the ground to keep her from doing worse than a snarl. But all of a sudden she dropped the anger and picked up a new feeling, it felt more devious and slick than angry and hot-headed.

A sly smile came upon her face when Spectre wondered why she asked. "Why I asked was because don't you think it's unfair living under your 'friend'?". Silver made sure she used the word friend normally but that's not how she was meaning it. "I'm sorry if I am acting rude and disrespectful, it's just I've never been in this position. Feel free to let your anger loose on me.". Just to top it off Silver got in a submissive position. On the floor and her tail tucked. What the hell am I doing? Whatever it is Spectre is sure to attack. These thoughts flowed through her mind.

Was Silver trying to make Spectre mad or was this some new side of her she never knew? Had this been anger? Slowly she rose to face Spectre once again. "Listen I don't know what I am doing. Maybe this is anger from you having a higher rank? All I know is that I don't like it.". Silver tilted her head towards the ground in a sad way. Her voice turned soft and forgiving "If you want your rank you can have it, or at least for now. I'm not to sure anymore.".

Slowly she drifted off into a shaded area so she could blend in. Be somewhat alone in the dark. Fighting back tears she wished for someone she trusted with all her life to be there. The one that trusted her when she was a wrecking ball. Moe. She missed Moe and her kind but toughness. Silver missed it all. If she hadn't been rude and disrespectful she could of had it all in one shot. But she messed up real bad. She could never show her face there again.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

The snarl elicited a rumbling sound in return from the standing female, her lips drawing back to reveal two rows of ivory teeth topped with bright ruby gums. She had felt the fur along her spine bristle, ice blue eyes seeming to almost get a kind of tunnel vision when Silver reacted in such a way. The flash of outward anger was gone as soon as it appeared, however, when Silver suddenly switched emotions as if a train jumping to a new track. It was quite dizzying actually. Spectre saw then, what she felt the alphas may have seen in her, and not in Silver. She allowed the other to leave, to have her space, but remained where she was, the anger from Silvers reaction leaving the adrenaline still flashing through her veins. When she spoke, her voice was gentle, not at all exposing the ire she felt inside.

"Perhaps you just exhibited why the alphas chose me to stand over you, my friend?" She knew the next sentence that would tumble from her lips might very well break the tenuous friendship the pair had, but she felt that maybe, just maybe, Silver needed to hear it. "You do not.. really seem to know what it is that you want. It would have only made you a target.. You are angry one moment, submissive and uncertain the next. I do not believe that that is something the alphas would want to look for in their more dominant wolves.." A chuckle rose between her jaws as she forced her gaze away from the huddled one of the darker female, looking towards the horizon. "Perhaps when you figure out what it is that you truly want, you will gain the rank you desire."

A sidelong glance was cast towards Silver, her stance relaxed now, instead of on a hair trigger. But that did not mean that she had relinquished her hold of the anger that she'd felt at Silvers outburst. Perhaps it was for the good of the pack that the wishy washy female remained below her. Of a challenge, however, Spectre had no doubts. Unless Silver resolved herself with being the third rank in the pack, she knew that down the line, she would have to prepare herself to defend her rank underneath Anastasia.

Word Count: 381
Inactive Deceased
Silver
Silver decided she might be better if she walked away. But Silver's Body told her to fight back. Go into attack mode! Standing tall and holding her head up she walked over to the Higher ranked female. "It only allows me to confuse you so i can do this.". Take one snip at her foot then jumping over a log and running to make sure Spectre couldn't snip back at her. It had just been a snip so she knew Spectre would be fine. Laughing she ran faster and disappeared into the dark shadows so Spectre couldn't see her if she followed. Running through the dark Silver started to lose track of where she was going.

When she had finally stop she had been running for about fifteen minutes maybe twenty. There was a little creek running and she decided to walk into it to mask her scent. Not wash it off all the way, but coat it. A smirk came across her face. No way that Spectre would find her now. Her scent was masked and she was invisable in this dark shade. Silver was happy that she slightly wagged her tail. But not to much sense it would make noise in the water. Slowly walking out onto the other side Silver stayed on the ground to make sure nothing could see her. What would be the punishment for snipping at Spectre, if there was? Her mind telling her to calm down. It's not like she can murder you Silver. Calm down. Steadying her breathe she stayed calm and quiet.

(sorry about it being so short. I'm running low on muse)
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

The female had relaxed, and that alone had been her folly. The darker wolf leapt towards her and nipped at her. The instant reaction would have terrified Spectre had she taken the time to worry about it. Hackles raised as a rumbling snarl spewed from her chest, ice blue eyes focusing with a singular gaze towards Silver. Teeth were once again bared as the black wolf took flight, and Spectre followed swiftly on her heels. She did not know why she was so angry, well. No. Scratch that. She knew EXACTLY why she was upset. Even if Silver wished to 'play'.. There was a time and place, and it was not right after asking such a question about rank and reacting in the negative light that she'd shown when given her answer.

Silver ghosted through the darkening woods, but Spectre's eyes were like those of any wolf. Bred to see in the dark. As Silver rushed past leaves and foliage, she used the skills she had practiced for hunting, following the sounds, and the sudden movements of the leaves. The laughter, and the snide comment that preceded Silvers' bite only further boiled the blood in her veins. Perhaps it was the pent up annoyance at Beelzebub that had started it. If she had not already been upset from the beginning, then Spectre might not have reacted quite so strongly to the spark that Silver set off. However, all things happen for a reason, and she was out to show her friend that her actions were unnacceptable. In one of the only ways she knew how.

The initial splash into the water had her altering course just slightly, tail still held proudly out above her back as she jumped over the obstacles that Silver had put between them. The female arrived on the rivers edge, she paused, ice blue eyes sweeping back and forth along both the water, and the opposite bank. Lips were once again drawn back into a snarl as she saw the huddled form cowered on the opposite river bank as a cloud shifted to unhinder the light of the moon. The Pitch Pine female felt the growl rumble through her chest again, her legs stiffening as she lowered her head just enough to stare the other down, seeking a direct eye contact. The wind rippled through fur that stood on edge, and ghosted across the white fluffy tail she held over her back. "Silver." The single word was short.. Clipped. But the unwavering attention she held on the other spoke volumes. She had found her and had no intentions of allowing her bite, playful or not, go untended.

Word Count: 439
Inactive Deceased
Silver
Staying low on the floor she made sure her voice was quiet and soft. "Yes?". Silver's voice sounded like that of a scared pup. Right now she felt cold and alone. The only one she knew that was there for her was Ace, but he wasn't here right now. He might be watching borders and there was no need to call for him. Spectre hadn't attacked. At least not yet. "I've made up how I feel now. And it isn't tough.". A soft whimper came from her after she said that. "Please don't kill me.". Where did this side of Spectre come from? Silver wasn't gonna say it but it was scary. Almost alarming.

Making sure to stay on the other side of the bank she looked up a bit and saw that Spectre as staring right at her. She wasn't going to look her back. Now realizing what she did she wanted no part in what the wolf before her would bring on her if she ran. Would she stay and watch as she ran? Did Silver dare sleep in pack borders tonight? Spectre might attack her in her sleep.

"What are you gonna do to me? Are you gonna kill me?". Daring to ask these questions so she knows what to do and how to response. Running sounds like a good idea. Save her skin even. Silver had been ready to run if needed but she hoped she wouldn't need to. Running may be smart but it also makes you look like a coward. Having one last question to ask she tilted her head a bit and whispered "Are you mad at just me, or did someone else make you act so harsh?". If Spectre was only angry at Silver, well that's a whole lot of anger to put down onto one wolf.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

The words that crept from Silvers maw placated the rage she felt in her breast, lowering her tail only until it was parallel to the ground. She made no move to cross the water barrier that Silver had put between them, but she did not draw away right away either. "I am not going to kill you because you snapped at me. That would be idiotic." She resisted the urge to roll her eyes, but instead kept them trained on the dark form across the way. "Let me ask you something, Silver. Had I been the one to ask you about your rank, and then react as angrily as you did about the answer..Only to follow up by biting you, would you have not reacted the same?"

She fell silent then, letting Silver think about what she had said. Spectre kept watching the other female for a few moments longer before she shook herself, attempting to relieve herself of the anger. It did not work, but it helped a little. "If you covet the rank I hold so badly, then you will have to come take it." It was as blatant a challenge as any, and Spectre stood, waiting to see what the other female would have to say. She would not give the rank over without defending it. Certainly not now that Silver had acted in such a way. And perhaps Spectre had overreacted a tad, but that was not for Silver to preach on about. She had been the spark to set off the fuse, had she refrained from baiting, and then biting at Spectre, things likely would have gone differently. As it were, Spectre refused to move from her position on the bank until she heard Silvers answer.

Word Count: 290