Played by Allie who has 103 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero
Continued from {t_4421}. @Ataneq

but thoughts they change and times they rearrange
lucero
i don't know who you are anymore

"Really?" she breathed.

His agreement to show her the tree that he thought enough of to mention as something out of the ordinary sparked a tiny fire in her eyes. Whether it was of excitement, adventure, or curiosity about him remained to be seen, but she knew for certain that this was the start of something magical between them. He motioned southward and she followed his gaze in that direction, noting which way the wind blew and the feel of the ground beneath her paws. With a wayward flicker of her tail she shifted her weight to lean closer to his proximity, sizing him up as if he were a deer for chasing. The weather was fine and the sunshine was as bright as his unsuspected smile had been, and she knew the only thing that could make the day she knew was going to be wonderful better was a good race. "Beat you to it—" she mused, the challenge written in adventurous script clear across her face.

It had been some time since she'd been so unbridled. As though the winds were at her back, the long-legged girl wonder sprang from her position not unlike a race horse bolting from the gates of a racetrack. The sound of the air rushing past her ears buzzed against the thrumming of her paws as they stroked the earth in rhythm. In a state of bliss and with the thrill of chase pulsing through her veins, she stole a glance over her shoulder to make sure her friend wasn't far behind. The hills that rolled through the meadows and forest of the territory were like the waves of the ocean and one by one she scaled each as they came, shooting up their slopes and bounding over their peaks before skidding and sliding down the other side. The girl's plume flowed behind her not unlike a flag in the breeze as she darted and bent with skill between the trunks of the ancient trees. She didn't know where she was going, and in fact it dawned upon her after a short time that she might be going in the wrong direction. Better to let Ataneq take the lead than to end up somewhere neither one of them wanted to be. Slipping just out of sight, Luce whipped around a large red boulder to try and hide, holding her breath so she could listen for the sound of the boy's strides.

(This post was last modified: Jun 06, 2013, 07:41 PM by Lucero.)
Played by Kira who has 110 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">
Lucero had quickly and without a doubt become a friend; seemingly as simple as that. Ataneq had never had a friend before. There had never been anyone to share in his secret finds or gloat about his recent catches, no one to go on walks with or explore. His brothers usually did what he did—avoid confrontation and simply exist as they were. Now that he had a friend, his mold was beginning to break off as he could not help but feel relinquished and free. Grinning ear to ear, metaphorically, at her playful statement he made a lunge towards her and began to dash towards her in an attempt to rush passed her.

Although he had a remarkably large frame for someone of his age, running was something he was simply decent at. Lucy was much more cut out for running long distances than he was, more likely. With very little trachle he chased after her but didn’t exactly push his full force to her—he was perfectly happy staying behind her and allowing her to run willy-nilly wherever she thought that this place was. Eventually she would realize that she didn’t know the correct direction.

Though in one single moment where he took his eyes off of her to look at the direction that they were going in, he turned and she was gone. Completely out of sight. Ataneq had already passed the boulder in which she had hidden behind when he stopped to sniff the ground, wondering just where she had run off to.

(This post was last modified: Jun 07, 2013, 06:59 AM by Ataneq.)

i'm currently looking for any kind of short or long-term plots, so message me if you've got an idea!
i.e. (friend/enemy/spar partner/pack recruiter, etc)
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero
lucero

Her heart raced in her chest, and it felt as though it would explode, but...she couldn't really pinpoint the reason. Was it from the exhilarating run, or was it from the delight that came with knowing she had made a new friend who seemed to like her? Really like her, not just because she had a friendly face or was awkward enough to make anyone seem more normal than she was. It was true that her time with Borlla had rubbed off on her, leaving her more agile-tongued and confident than she'd really ever remembered being, and there wasn't a doubt that the structure of a strong pack had her feeling truly secure. Still, she was herself around Ataneq, the boy who until this morning had been a quiet mystery. Was it him that made her feel so...alive?

The beating of his massive paws on the ground drew nearer and she lowered herself to the ground behind the chosen boulder as if it would hide her better that way. As he moved past her she pivoted to remain out-of-sight, peeking around the rock's hearty girth to glimpse him sniffing the ground. Uh oh. She hadn't thought so far as to realize that he could easily scent her out. What to do, what to do?! Summoning all the prowess she had in her, the ash-streaked girl crept from her hiding place and toward him for only a few steps before lunging close enough to nip playfully at his hock. A blithe giggle bubbled from her throat as she lowered her forelegs and chest to the ground, her hindlegs stiff and her plush tail waving high above her with a sway of her hips.

"I gotcha!" she laughed, a glimmer of daring beaming from her canary-gold eyes.

Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">
It was an undeniably foreign concept to Ataneq to regard someone as a friend. Such a loos term that he had never regarded closely because of his inane ability to focus on one thing at a time. Now that he was here, at this point with her, he simply felt at ease and simply being in the moment. Throughout his life he had always regarded his life in the future, battling it out in his mind that in the future he would be in his mother’s pack, being a prince, being someone worthy. He would uphold a title and a role with dignity; but now, he simply saw what was with him in the present.
Standing there with his nose to the ground he sniffed, finding a loss of a trail but just as he moved a paw upwards to begin his movement in a new direction, he heard something faint. It was just the smallest, most miniscule sound that could have been made but it was there and it was unavoidable. From this he moved a couple feet only to see a rabbit dart at high-end speed away from him (with good reason). Finding that his guess at who was wrong, he lowered his head once more only to be greeted with a nip to his hind. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“Hey!” he yelped, turning to face her and instantly retreating back into a friendly face as he realized it was just Lucy. It was just… her.
The fanciful being lowered her front quarters to the ground, swaying her hips in a taunting manner that immediately allowed Ataneq to narrow his eyes and mirror her image. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“Well get this!” he shouted, pivoting around in his spot and dashing towards their destination in hopes that she would be quick to follow and see if she could outrun him now.
(This post was last modified: Jun 14, 2013, 07:17 PM by Ataneq.)

i'm currently looking for any kind of short or long-term plots, so message me if you've got an idea!
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero
lucero

A playful growl purred in her throat as she cast a daring glance upon her companion. In a giddy few moments of excitement she bounced around in position, her fluffy tail wagging over her back as she froze for a second─pink tongue hanging─before bouncing some more. Just when she could have sprang for him and maybe wrestled him over, Ataneq bolted. For a dumbfounded moment she simply stood up straight, her snowy ears pressed forward as she stared after him and processed the fact that he'd absolutely left her in the dust. For now. In a single motion she sprang to life like a trout launching upstream through the air. It took a couple of strides to get going, but soon enough she was at full speed, jetting through the forest hot on his trail.

Weaving through the trees, she took every measure to cut the distance between them. She hadn't really doubted his speed so far, but now she knew for sure that this enormous size was hardly the ship's anchor. His black form moved up ahead like a shooting star, and just when she would think she might be gaining ground the dark boy would outrun her more with bursts of speed. Determination spewed from her racing heart as she kicked in into fifth-gear. Soaring over a fallen moss-veiled trunk, she never took her eyes from him. Well, until she'd almost tripped over a rock or smashed into a thin tree she didn't see until she was nearly on top of it. Where Ataneq went, Lucero tried to anticipate the path he might take and cut it short, and eventually her tactic began to pay off.

Right on his heels, she nipped in full stride at the ebony banner that was his tail as it flowed out behind him, trying her best not to get tripped up and forgetting about why they were flying in the first place.

Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
slight PP, if needs to be changed i can <3 <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">
It was exhilarating how one day you could completely go without feeling that you needed a friend, then the next you can’t imagine anything less. Lucero and him had bonded quickly, though he still found himself rather bewitched by her, but he was sure that their friendship would continue. Maybe it might even continue if and when Siku made her own pack out here, who knew? All he knew was that he wanted to be friends with her… forever? Was forever an applicable term? He had never truly considered anything forever before, besides that his brothers and his mother were forever.
Running as fast as his build could take him he was sure he might be able to at least earn some ground on her before she caught up. Ataneq might be big in size, but he was a decent runner—especially when he challenged himself to win. Although he might have enjoyed continuing this running, especially with her nipping at his tail and him laughing at her attempts, he came to an abrupt halt that hopefully might send her colliding into him. His childlike laughter sending a poniard through his stomach in his wild laughter. The two of them continued to situate themselves so that they were no longer face rolling in the dirt.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“We’re here!” he managed to exclaim, rolling over onto his stomach to peer upon his lucky find. It wasn’t much, but the view as pretty great. Underneath the tree there was a little hole of sorts were maybe one to three wolves could fit in to avoid rain, or one who simply wanted a nap after fishing. There was a large pool of water in the Creek that formed just north of the hideout, one where he had seen a few schools of fish swimming happily.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero
I don't mind at all! And my apologies for the wait─summer school is almost over!! :(

lucero

So tight was the race that she didn't have any time to react to his abrupt and unexpected stop. Like a rock tumbling down the mountainside into a boulder, Luce collided with Ataneq's hard back with the force of, well, a lithe girl into a formidibly-built boy. For a few moments and as laughter rolled from deep within her chest she lay tangled atop him, so close that she could feel the coarseness of his fur against the softer of her underbelly. It had been a long time since she'd been so close to anybody, and the shock of the feeling came over her in slow-motion waves. The scent of his skin beneath his wind-swept fur; the quality of the black shades of his coat and the way they contrasted with the dark amber of his kindly eyes; the way it felt to feel his chest rise and fall below her; the way she looked down upon him─the boy she'd only known for an hour─and saw not a stranger, but a friend─someone who was enjoying her company. She hadn't noticed until now how large he truly was. He was handsome from this proximity, and as soon as she felt a wave of familiar heat broil in her gut she quickly lifted herself away from him.

She half-choked on her own throat as it went dry. There was only one who brought the heat like that, and he wasn't here, or anywhere she knew to be close. She felt for the one unlike she would ever allow herself to feel for anyone else. Right? Chalking the feeling up to the good time she and her new friend were having, she smiled wide as Ataneq rolled to his stomach and announced their arrival. Her eyes were bright with astute curiosity as she rose to her feet, glancing around before nudging his shoulder affectionately. "This is awesome," she crooned, looking to him before trotting over to get a better look at the tree they'd flown so fast to find. Under any other circumstances, she would have regarded the towering tree as just another one lining the creek, but here and now, this particular one had a new and special meaning. It was his, and he was sharing it with her. The notion was simple, but in a way it tied her to him─as a friend, as a companion, a partner...For some reason it made her feel shy, but not because she was uncomfortable. On the contrary, she was very comfortable in Ataneq's presence, and knowing that she might be something special to him, he was something special to her.

"I bet we could fit two of each of us in there," she said, stretching her neck to peek inside. Her ivory tail swayed at her hocks as she glanced at him over her shoulder, the molten gold of her eyes smoldering. Come on, then. Without hesitation the girl waded into the water and to the mouth of the space the tangle of large, weathered roots created before entering inside. "It smells lovely, like...summertime." She spoke as if commentating to herself, her voice echoing hollowly against the earthen walls.

Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
it's okay! i love luce, you write her so well! @_@ <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">
Ataneq felt the steady collide of a body behind him as he was pushed forward ever so slightly by the sudden weight of another. Turning his head to gaze back at her he watched as she simply looked to him, seemingly staring into each other’s eyes as she continued to lay upon his backside like a formidable cape. It was a rather interesting feeling having a girl lay upon him like she was. Although she not a stranger anymore it was a little weird even if there was a heavy section of his chest that kept thrumming at his ribcage in a mad fashion. The rush of running and of someone nearly tackling him had caused his adrenaline to rush madly but it was a welcome feeling. One that he hadn’t felt since he was a very young boy, perhaps.
It took the pale dove a little while to eventually slide off of him, gathering herself and moving to be beside him inside of on top of. When she did manage it he looked to his secret hideout as he watched her in awe of his discovery. To him it had been cool, but now as he had shared it with someone he couldn’t picture it as anything less than awesome. It was awesome now that she was here, as he expected that maybe she might want to come here more often and be his secret-spot-partner-in-crime. They could share this together and it would protect her if she ever needed comfort away from the pack den. Sometimes, he assumed, she might want to get away from it all and have peace and quiet. He knew he did, occasionally.
Upon her estimation that they could both fit an extra one of each of them in there made him swallow his saliva, finding a hitch in his stomach that almost made him choke. In a fluid motion he went from looking at her backside to her rump, his eyes trailing along the waving of her tail to the way her haunches rolled out and moved as she did. It was until she brought up the smell that he was otherwise disengaged from staring, and he nodded to himself since she was clearly not looking at him. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“I’m glad,” he admitted awkwardly, knowing that the only thing he could think of that might make it smell differently was the rabbit corpse that he had yet to bury since first discovery.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero
lucero

It really was pretty cozy inside. The walls, barren and of dirt with only small roots to disrupt their smooth appearance, were solid and in a way felt warm. After her first impression wore on, she came to notice the smell of something...dead, but it wasn't so horrible. Plus, all around her Ataneq's scent lingered, a sweet musk in contrast with the earthen smell of the place. She shuffled around to poke her head out of the den's hole, a grand smile lighting her young features as she looked out across the creek, the sunlight shining off its smooth surface. It was everything he'd said it would be, cool and more. Breathing in a deep and easy breath, she took one more good look around at the view from their new spot. After, her golden eyes─more bold and bright in the sunlight─fell upon the dark furred boy who'd she chased all the way here. A thrill of satisfaction and something new-found and fresh coursed through her body in waves.

Exiting the hole under the tree and coming back to him was so easy. With a playful sway in her hips, Luce circled the boy before sauntering to his side to look out at the creek with him. Contented, her racing heart had calmed, its soft beat like the pitter-pattering of rain drizzling down upon the forest. It was undeniable that she was attached now, and the best and strangest part of that was that it didn't feel awkward or wrong. It felt good, and reliable, and she was confident that this was one of the best days and the first of many to come for the two of them. Sidelong, she looked over and up at him, heat rising in her cheeks, a longing in her eyes. "I love it, Ataneq," she murmured. Her tail thumped lightly against the ground as a wayward breeze swept through the long, ivory fur below her ears. So close she could feel the warmth from his body, Lucero reached to his ear, the tips of his fur brushing against her lips. "Thank you." For everything.

Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
Although the yearling had not come to find this cozy, dirt-box with the intention of sharing its location or beauty with anyone he was somehow delighted to show her. He assumed that maybe she wouldn’t like it because it smelled a little weird but she didn’t seem to even notice it. If she did, she certainly didn’t show it. Ataneq could have saw wrong but he felt as though she was enjoying the place he had magically come across and that maybe she would want to come here more often. It was a nice place, very pretty and well-worth a visit so there really wasn’t much hate to be given. Besides, it wasn’t as though he would force her to come here. The only thing that she needed to remember was that she couldn’t share it with anyone else. This was supposedly a secret.
The lively girl left the confines of his surprise location and moved back to him in a lucid manner, causing Ataneq’s tail to lower in anticipation. She circled him once before settling down beside him and looked at the river of water, likely having no idea the affect that she put on him. It was then she spoke of enjoying it here, ‘loving it’ and then pressed her muzzle against his cheek to issue him a warm ‘thank you’ that a sense of pride and excitement rose within him. It was a startling transition from calm to excited, threatening to burst. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">“You’re welcome,” she mumbled nervously as he smiled at her while they continued to watch the stream until just after sundown when the two retreated back to the pack den.