685 Users Online
Bing, Google

ocean of gold
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
@Narcissa

The older her children became, the more freedom she was likely to uphold. At nearly ten weeks, Elettra was forcing away her children's needs for her milk supply and onto the up-chucked food supply she and the rest of the pack provided them. No longer did they specifically need mother's care to survive and it became more and more clear of their growing independence each week. Her children were strong in both body and will and Elettra's strict manner of training them would only intensify with age. She was determined her line would carry on and ring supreme given the fact that Kiche held no name to give to the litter instead. Free to roam, Elettra moved to the east once more, scaling the foothills of the Serpent's Pass along the Heights not far from her home. She had a particular set goal this mid-afternoon, with the sun hanging low and the clouds grey and swollen with the threat of a storm to come hours from now. She had not seen the Underground Sea since she (and unknowingly firstly) discovered it.
It takes her time to re-find what she had once come across what seemed so long ago. Soon, she slipped into the opening to reveal circular, open area. Like the edging around a pool did the surface of the rock's face trim around the edges of the mass of water, bright in cerulean blue. She turns the pale of her silvery attention skyward, where inside the mountain she is met with rock, slits and holes lighting the area dimly. She moves around the pool's edges yet still, taking careful stepping to insure she would not slip within. It was silent savor the echo of the small fountain of water which slid off the rocks and into the Underground Sea. As she walks around further then she had previously, a certain dawning takes her. Along the oposite wall there is breeze, yet another hole and thus another exit. Should she follow, she would be met with Relic Lore's other side along the edges of Dragonfly Fen.
Played by Kira who has 80 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Narcissa Thanos
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#D6C7B6;">
Without much argue thrown in she had told her daughter to go wander. Mostly she simply wanted Nikoleta to experience what life there was to the northeast rather than follow her around. Narcissa was simply a lone spirit, she tried her best to be something of a mother figure occasionally but she had never seen herself as much. Given her time from the Valley to the Lore, she had been nothing but a free spirit. Doing the things that she wanted to do in the time that she felt comfortable, nothing had ever stopped her. That was until she became pregnant with Niko.
It hadn’t bothered her, really. Just sort of set things back almost a year. She couldn’t do the things that she wanted to and had taken care of a child instead. It would not have been fair of her to dump the kid on someone else and instead she had taught her daughter the ways of a spirit. To do whatever one pleases and without worry of consequence, that was likely to be their downfall here. Though Nikoleta did not wish to join a pack (nor did Cissa, really) but it would do them both a favor for a while to get their strength back up.
Wandering aimlessly along the mountains did nothing to tire the woman out and instead it made her feel that much stronger. Adrenaline rushing in her veins as she jumped a few curiously dangerous ledges and eventually her climbing at led her to a cave within the mountainside. However, it certainly didn’t smell like it had a dead-end. Leaning into the Cliffside she maneuvered herself through the tunnel and with each step she took the louder the sound of falling water got. It took her only a few minutes to cross into what looked like an underground waterway, the water spilling within and exiting elsewhere.
It was quite the enchanting sight and she would make sure to allow Nikoleta the chance to see this and perhaps visit this when they were once again reunited. However, her eyes went from the falling water to land upon another wolf. This stranger was just about her size with black and silver lining her body, eye color unknown and gender presumably female—but something about it held her interest. Inside she felt strength radiating along her chest and torso but on the inside, she was somehow mesmerized by this stranger and given her abrasive personality she issued a low whine to initiate conversation or even acknowledgement.
The time that she had spent within Elysium Fields had caused her to loosen up even more so, being granted the very idea that she was of the wayward spirit. She had the confidence and vanity of a woman, gladly bathing in her own beauty. Vanity had not been left there, no. As she stood there awaiting the response of the dark shepherd, she felt that the little prisms of light that danced around the enclosed area gave her a similar beauty of her own.

i’ve got lots of inspiration right now for narcissa so
i'm looking for more threads,  message me if you'd like one!
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
With the lighting so dim, the pool before was nearly aglow with bright and swirling blues. The sound of the delicate fall was the only sound here, echoing off the walls of the small cavern and up and out of the holes that ticked along the roofing. Here, the silvers of her features shined and danced with waves of blue, the gold in her coating lit up. A smile crossed her gray rimmed mug as she stared into the calm waters, clear as can be, allowing her to see straight through the bottom. Though no creatures stirred within, the Archer woman found no lack of life there within the waves.
Only when a small whining sound abrupt her thoughts, did her head lift, silken black ears perking up high on her crowd to meet the attention of the woman on the other side of the lake. Her eyes catch Elettra's attention first, like balls of acidic flame beaming into her direction. Obviously she meant for her presence to be known, having signaled her arrival and Elettra be known that she had been noticed now by her staring. Though still there was an absolute silence in her, watching, observing the other woman whom stood before her, just about the other side of the water. Slowly, surely, Elettra's lips parted, offering a grumbled huffing sound of greeting into the other woman's direction. Silver eyes remained upon her, scouring the length of her body, the molted colors of earth she wore. Now that she had captured Elettra Archer's attention, what would she do now?
Inactive Deceased
Narcissa Thanos
There must have been an oddity in the situation, or even a factor of substance that was causing her vision to seem almost blurry. From the moment that this wolf had turned its muzzle in her direction she felt scrutinized but in a good way; if there was a good way. Being analyzed by another woman rarely happened but even then, she felt her control slipping silently within her as she made a few choice steps forward. They were slow, not at all aggressive nor dominant—if anything, she was moving at a slow pace with her tail at a neutral level behind her.
Narcissa had not had any intention before entering the tunnel of meeting another wolf and making conversation but somehow she felt it absolutely necessary. After all, her goal in this new world was to get a feel for the inhabitants and perhaps eventually find herself a pack. Even as she closed the distance between them, meanwhile leaving just enough personal space for the other wolf to not feel encompassed by a stranger’s presence. Upon getting that much closer she could put together small pieces about her—a pack, multiple unique scents of others, as well as the scent of puppies (if she had the nerve to look to the female’s stomach for sign of milking, she would have but she knew not to push).
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#D6C7B6;">“You are of a pack,” she issued in kind hoping that the other would see the worn state of her body and understand that she was an underfed loner that sought what she had, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#D6C7B6;">“may I ask which one? I am Narcissa Thanos though I hold no title nor previous relation to a pack here.” It might secure her a place within the pack if that was made up front but she hoped that this might be the last wolf she might come in contact with as a loner. She couldn’t travel much longer without having a decent meal or exerting her energy with all the traveling that she had done. Getting up the mountain had taken most, if not all, of it out of her.

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
The woman moves and so does Archer. Each step the lady would take to arch around the Sea of water along the edging around the cavern which would allow her to do so, that Elettra does the same, moving so that they would meet somewhere along this path together. As the woman's attention remains locked to her, as does Elettra's, though her tail and body posture remains equally neutral in her approach. No defensive stance, no flash of fangs in aggression, nor a lifting of her tail in dominance was obvious. Though perhaps they may be two powerful women testing one another will, they worked fluidly with honorably still in this.
Face to face now with the other woman, she took in further detailing of her in the same manner which the other woman did to her. A rogue, smelling on what seemed only one another, scents of the land about her from which she traveled, places Elettra had been there before but much only in passing as they were of neutral land. She was a nomad, a gypsy, it seemed, standing before a woman of city and court. "Narcissa Thanos..." Elettra tests the name upon her tongue once the woman is finished speaking, addressing her formerly as often the woman did. "I am." She would then answer. "Elettra Archer, Matriarch of Willow Ridge, just west of here." It was obvious that this woman needed some kind of settlement. Though perhaps she did not need a pack specifically, what she did need was some time for much needed rest. A few weeks of taking the edge off of traveling the world and simply do a normal duty of scouting borders or pup sitting. She needed food and time to gain back weight with the energy it would provide. "There was many within the Lore..." The dark fae admits. "What is it you seek?"
Inactive Deceased
Narcissa Thanos
The time between their walking had since come to a stop, reveling in the close proximity of the woman before her. Heat rose in her chest as she felt the closeness illuminating her, adrenaline pulsing through her veins for unknown reasons. Normally she was completely calm in these situations but somehow this woman made her curiously and intimately uneasy. The name of Elettra Archer did not cause any memories or foretellings but instead she stored it so that one day she could say that there was one wolf who held a certain mystery to her that even she questioned. Her pack, Willow Ridge… the woman was of a dominant heading, a matriarchal woman that held the throne atop a privileged court.
Not until she had come across this woman had she realized why she had passed up the opportunity to talk with any other pack wolf. It had been sitting on her tongue since her arrival and only now had it shown its ugly head at her, showering her with the feeling of idiocy but also of knowledge. She now understood what it was she wanted here and she wasn’t going to stop until all the cards were played. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#D6C7B6;">“There were many packs along my journey,” she answered calmly as her eyes still remained on the female (slowly lowering her head just a little to a potential alpha of hers), <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#D6C7B6;">“but I have yet to come across one with a female at the head that I felt I could respect and honor. I must ask: do you run your pack alongside a male?” It likely would not deter her from her ultimate goal but she must ask.

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Firstly, she speaks, of the many packs she had crossed along her journey, all to which had ended her up here, with her, now. Obviously she had not decided to stay with these packs, so her interest with the other pack's of the Lore was perhaps little to none. Had it been certain, that all those which she had passed up prior was due to her destiny in meeting Elettra here, this day? Though Elettra's training and teaching of the gods within the lands of Torbine had been little, it was not to say she did not believe in their existence and so had no intention to defile then with a spat of dismissal that this event could not be a work of their own paws.
Elettra Archer had a well sense of judgement. Good, seeing as she was a very judging wolf, calculating and scrutinizing of those she met. Only those she believed worthy would live amongst the ranks of Willow Ridge. Not any body could enter, spitting false promises and harboring lack of skill. Even those that had disappeared, left to form their own pack, or betrayed, had skills and promise whilst they held their rank within Willow Ridge. The pair was but an inch from each other in height and length. But a pound from one another in girth. The pair sized up in body perfectly and even the common timber of Narcissa and the common shades of greys in Elettra, helped to form their similarities with one another.
When she asks, a small smirk plays upon the lips of Elettra, her tongue curling with dark words for answer. "No, not for some time... Not until there is a male worthy. The three men within my ranks are left to fight it out amongst each other. There is one wolf with promise..." She pauses, her thoughts lingering to Angier but a moment. "Though he has yet to step up to the challenge of my Second." Or had he? The call had sounded, the fight to be set, though she had never actually made way towards the call to see what had unfolded. Still, the new hand of Angier's Leadership had yet to be laid down and so, Elettra still took the mantle all her own. "A few trickled into the placement by default and failed miserably, though there has yet been only one to stand at my side as partner, long ago..." Back when she had first established the pack, her intentions to have Alexander at her side had fallen through. With a need for a pair in order to get the pack started, to have something solid in order for the ranks to hold true, Elettra had asked if Koda would stand with her. He had and had done well, of course, until an accident had lost his memory and thus, lost the Ridge's Lead. "Though do not be mistaken... I founded this pack and I shall always rule it."
Inactive Deceased
Narcissa Thanos
All that had happened previous to now seemed relatively plain compared to now. Here she was seeing this woman in front of her and somehow she felt compelled to stay. Normally she was only interested in just talking nonsense then leaving—taking information and using it to benefit herself. However, she seemed unable to do such a thing. Instead she was actually interested in this pack that she spoke but even more so she was interested in Elettra. Something about this woman pleased her but Narcissa had no idea what it was that could have intrigued her gypsy nature.
As the shady gray wolf spoke, Cissa couldn’t help but feel somewhat pleased. There was no male assisting her and although she had plenty of suitable ones to step up, the only one that seemed worthy had not shown any interest. Hm, pathetic. Either way, she wanted to be beneath Elettra. It was no secret that she would much rather be under a woman’s lead than a male and her but she would make due if such a thing ever happened. Then she continued on about another male that had been there a while back but had likely disappeared by the sound of it. Although she wished to say that that was unfortunate she couldn’t bring herself to it. Instead she nodded signaling that she understood. Men left with ease, it was not a surprise to her. After all, she had been left to care for Nikoleta by herself but she didn’t mind.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#D6C7B6;">“Then I can only express my desire to be a part of your pack,” she issued in kind but was determined. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#D6C7B6;">“I will do whatever task is assigned to me—I have been trained as a hunter ever since I was but a pup but I can also scout,” and since it just wouldn’t be fair to Nikoleta to simply do something without at least mentioning it, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#D6C7B6;">“I also have a daughter that has been traveling with me but she went her own way to scout out the land. She, too, is a fine hunter and scout.” This pack seemed more her style but she knew that it was ultimately up to Elettra as to whether or not her and Niko would be an acceptable asset to the pack.

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
though originally i think this thread was supposed to be, /before/ party joined, im going to go ahead and say this is /after/ party joined, as ranking will be a bit more clearer since narcissa will now be under her since party's thread already finished. ...i hope that makes sense? XD also, if you want, we can fade it here or have them talk more? whichever.

She listens on to the woman, her interest in joining Elettra's ranks still perked and so, Elettra's interest in her remained. Though she did not say it up front, Elettra was proud, happy, that this woman would be joining her ranks. A cool exterior held her, though deep down Elettra would have felt much disappointment if she was not able to snag this woman so possessively and selfishly for herself. She wanted her. Alas, by Narcissa's words, she would have her - and her daughter too. "If your daughter is as stunning as you, I'm sure she will fit in just fine." Coy smile toying at the edges of her lips, her eyes sweep downward the woman, from the curve of her chest, the length of her limbs and her paws along the stone flooring until her head turns, silvery eyes now captivated upon the sparkling, calm waters.
"I have recently accepted a woman interested in Scouting out the land, and caring for the young. However, I've always room for those willing to Scout out for threats, potential members and gossip. You, and your daughter should she wish to join you within the Ridge, feel free to toy around with duties and let me know when you decide on a placement more, official." Though Elettra liked everyone to have a set duty, not all of her members did and those who did still often helped with other tasks when able. As a Scout and a well Hunter, Narcissa and her daughter held a wide range of opportunity. If the pair was more of a 'free spirit' type, working as a Runner would give them time to roam outside the pack territory along the lot of the Lore. Even a Tracker amongst the Hunters had 'free roaming' or perhaps Elettra would find herself with a new Fisher? Diplomat was also something to strive towards, should Narcissa take more interest in the pack then she already did and had a means to rise within power and trust.
Turning her body away from the timber colored woman then, Elettra's front paws dip into the chilly waters. A shiver takes her, shuttering throughout her torso to send her hairs on end. "Would Willow Ridge newest member care for a swim?" Her head tosses over her left shoulder for her silver eyes to catch the woman's bright green once more, pausing only for answer as she eases further into the shallows.
Inactive Deceased
Narcissa Thanos
whatever rank that she is given is perfectly fine. also, nikoleta will rejoin soon. :) you can fade with one last post and i can start us a new thread if you'd like?
Whether she would have believed it or not it seemed that Elettra was just as determined to have her within the pack as she was. Perhaps for different reasons as hers was simply to be beneath a primary female leader. To have a woman that was possessive of her placement as she was and see such pride radiate from her, she couldn’t think of another place she would rather be. By the sound of how Elettra seemed to take to her—calling her stunning—she knew that this was going to be a good choice on her part. The rank bothered her not (if she wanted something higher, she’d take it if she pleased), nor did whatever duty she would come to possess.
Apparently a woman had been accepted recently and although she wasn’t entirely sure she needed to know this, she realized that this other woman had similar interests except that Cissa likely wouldn’t take care of young that wasn’t her own. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#D6C7B6;">“Sounds good,” she added with a smirk knowing that this was just the beginning. Something here was building, she felt it. Through any other pack that she had been a part of (and sometimes destroyed from the inside out) nothing had ever kept her solid within. Nothing kept her interested and she otherwise felt the desire to leave permanently. Did she see that now? No, at least not yet. There was promise behind those pale gray eyes.
In the most grand of moments she was granted with a few words that excited her beyond belief. Not only was this charming woman asking her to go for a swim with her but she distinctly called her ‘willow ridge’s newest member’. With a devious and curious smile forming on her mouth she nodded, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#D6C7B6;">“she would love to.” Narcissa was no dainty woman and instead of wading into the water she simply ran straight for it and jumped.
Spending the majority of the next hour swimming around in the underground sanctuary of water, she was somewhat disappointed when it was time to leave. However, the thought that she wouldn’t be leaving alone delighted her. Instead she would get to follow after the monochrome female and would be allowed to stay with her without rejection. Automatically her worries were crushed and she followed after her new leader without a second thought to the life of a loner than she had previous to coming here.
(This post was last modified: Aug 12, 2013, 07:41 AM by Narcissa.)