432 Users Online
Bing, Google

few and far between — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Shadow who has 477 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

The Magnolia Glen leader had relaxed into a sitting position as well, and though she had backed up to allow Cori her personal space, she didn't withdraw completely. Whether it was coincidence or fate that had brought them together today hardly mattered - it was the freshness of the situation that was appealing. The lack of pack borders made it even easier to relax; their loved ones were all safe at home and now they had their shared experiences of motherhood and leadership in common. The confidence and ease at which Borlla held herself was something different, and quite frankly, admirable. While Corinna's previous year had been filled with grief that had gradually worn away at her, both emotionally and physically, Borlla was in the prime of life. This was not the same girl that the old River leader had first been challenged by, nor even the same girl who had once and once more returned to her family's home seeking refuge.

Dipping her head in acknowledgement of Borlla's congratulations, Cori smiled briefly and her tail swayed back and forth a few times before falling still. "And to you as well," she returned quietly. "Starting a pack isn't easy, and nobody said being a leader was glamorous." Throwing Borlla a wolf grin, her head tilted downwards in another nod as the other female gave the two names of her cubs: Kyros and Hypatia. Presumably a male and a female, if the names were any indication. Borlla's chuckling was joined by Corinna's own - she'd raised three litters and "a handful" was one of the most accurate statements for motherhood. "Serach and Sceral. They'll be my last two, I think. And they are, as you said, a handful. Even with two previous litters under my belt, sometimes I need days like this to myself. But you're always happy to see them when you return, no matter what trouble they've gotten themselves into." And she was certain, given how much time had passed since she had left the Oak Tree Bend borders, that plenty of trouble and mischief had been made by her two sons while she was away.

Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla could not have agreed more with the lack of glamour that being a leader had to offer. In the early weeks of Magnolia Glen's birth, she'd been den-ridden, unintentionally anti-social. Even beyond that time, after Kyros and Hypatia had been born, she'd been more stuck, although that was mostly on her part, not wanting to leave her first brood alone, unprotected even though there were pack members more than willing to keep a careful eye on the den while Borlla went to get a drink. Even now, she felt awful. All she longed for was to be a social butterfly, befriend her packmates, earn their trust. But as usual, a wanderlust had driven her away from the magnolia trees, and she'd probably met more strangers than spoken to packmates. Borlla knew she had to fix it...It was just a matter of doing.

<b style="color:#32527a">"It really isn't." The pale woman agreed with a tired little huff, but then returned the grin and chuckled. It did dawn of her that Corinna was not just a mother of two. She'd been a mother of many. It made Borlla wonder and hope that she'd be able to give Kyros and Hypatia more brothers and sisters. It was a strange desire, as unpleasant as the carrying and delivery had been, but...there was something rather wonderful about seeing their little faces and wondering what future they would create for themselves. It was good to know that, despite her previous litters, no one could ever really be an expert at children. They were unpredictable. Borlla nodded in agreement, her tail giving a little wag. She realized that maybe she'd been away too much. A little time alone was nice...But Borlla had strayed too far from Magnolia Glen time and time again. Maybe it was time to do.

<b style="color:#32527a">"I hope this place treats you as well as it's been treating us, Corinna." Borlla smiled genuinely, feeling better than she had in a long time. The bridge that she had thought was burned had slowly rebuilt itself while she'd been running away from it. And now she was back and more than willing to cross the bridge. Dipping her head, Borlla rose to her paws. <b style="color:#32527a">"I do hope to meet Sceral and Serach, one day. I think Hypatia and Kyros would love to have someone to play with other than mother dearest." Her tail gave a little wag and she glanced towards the wood. <b style="color:#32527a">"I think I should be getting back, though. I have a bit of uh...Mothering to do." A flash of concern passed over her expression, and faded into apology. She longed to speak with Corinna more, give some sort of true apology for everything she'd ever done. But maybe it had been said already, silently. <b style="color:#32527a">"I won't be a stranger anymore." Pushing a cool smile forward, she turned on her paws and made her way back towards Magnolia Glen. <b style="color:#32527a">

/exit Borlla
Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Shadow who has 477 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

Smiles were traded back and forth, freely given. Any stranger who had stumbled upon the two she-wolves would have never guessed at the animosity that had defined their relationship ever since they had first met. To know that their esse had fundamentally changed to that degree was a weight off Corinna's shoulders that she hadn't even known she had until chance had brought her and Borlla together today. So when Borlla rose to her feet and promised to not remain a stranger any longer, with the suggestion of allowing the cousins to meet at a future date, Cori answered with a knowing smile of her own. Rising to her feet, she lowered her head in a likewise gesture. "I look forward to it. My boys will too, I've no doubt." She called after, the smile evident in her tone of voice.

Turning on her heel, Corinna didn't bother to wait for Borlla to disappear completely, and the sounds of the Magnolia Glen leader were still audible as Cori stepped back into the creek. Clearing the water in a few steps, she returned to dry land. Sparing only a moment to look back over her shoulder to see if she could still spot her companion, she righted herself and headed into the woods when the last sign of Borlla had disappeared from sight. Triell would be happy to hear that Corinna had come to a truce with his sister, and perhaps the Guardian could be used in the future to facilitate a meeting between Magnolia Glen and Oak Tree Bend. A spring in her step, Cori hastened south, ready to see her sons and share with them the news of their relatives who lived to the north and were anxiously waiting to meet them.