374 Users Online
Bing, Oleander, Apollo

Never In Vain
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Say your prayers and stomp it out

Shade had been trying to pick up the scent, his eyes scanning around for that mysterious white deer, almost a ghost in his mind. He caught a scent of water, and it made him wonder if it ran off for water, away from the wolves that were stalking it. There was a rushing sound in his ears and he was very curious. He let out a small call for Spectre, and he stalked forward, his eyes narrowed at the scene of the 'crime'. His eyes were wide with the awe as he gazed at the source of the noise. The most beautiful waterfall was where it all started, the brook. He just stared at it, the white stag ghost not there, but it made his heart quiver just to see the sight.

"It's beautiful... I-I just don't know what to say." He said half to himself and half out loud. It made him feel almost safe, confident. That was all he could ask for. His eyes gazed at the falls as he cautiously moved forward towards the falls. He took a small drink from the water, and smiled. He felt like this was just, an amazing spot. He was glad for another reason, he was here with Spectre, not some other wolf but the wolf he really liked, maybe he would go as far to say that he loved her. "Spectre?" He asked. Perhaps he was getting ahead of himself, but he felt like it was the time to tell her, or at least hint it and see how she reacted.

Words: 260|| Tags: @Spectre|| Notes: It's time :D
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Played by Whisper who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

She had followed Shade, her steps careful as she moved along, trying to track the pale deer. She was confused when Shade called her name, and Spectre picked up the pace, realizing that she had fallen behind. Quietly, the female came to his side, her own ice blue eyes widening as she stared over the falls. In silence, and in awe of the vision that Mother nature had provided them with, she stood, simply allowing herself to gaze upon its majesty. Silence reigned as she stared, letting her eyes wander over the waterfall they stood atop of. It must have been somewhere around fifty feet tall, this waterfall they stood on. Below, she could see a shimmering pool of cerulean water, clear enough to see the fish swimming in the depths. She could see the bottom, and began to doubt its depth.

Further inspection showed that the pool opened into another, much smaller waterfall, that one roughly ten feet tall, if she had to hazard a guess... And from what she could see, it to spilled into a pool of water. Surrounding the pools were trees of all sizes, brightly colored flowers.. Rocks that glistened in the moonlight with the moisture from the falls. It was....magical, in a way. She turned to Shade, her expression one of awe before it turned almost to a pup like glee. "Race you." She backed up as if to find a way around before running straight off the edge of the waterfall. Call her crazy, but she just wanted to do something... Well. Insane. Landing with a splash, the force of the falls pushed her under the water, but she found that once she got all four legs kicking and moving her in one direction, she was free of them.

Paddling to the calmer waters of the pool, Spectre was quite surprised to find that it was quite deep. Surprisingly so, in fact. The pale wolf moved to the edge of the pool, pulling herself up on the rocks and shook the water from her pelt, turning to admire the falls, and the dark silhouette above them. Maybe here..with the moonlight and the stars glittering off of the water, she could tell the alpha how she felt.

Word Count: 373
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Shade smiled as Spectre had admired the waterfall, and then raced him into the water. He, of course, ‘let her win’ and he laughed as he jumped in. He knew it was time, and they both seemed to like swimming around in random water that they happened to find. The stars glittered on the water as reflections and he looked at the water that rushed down into the pool, he was in the calmer waters with Spectre. "It’s all so beautiful out here; it makes me almost never want to leave." He said softly, his eyes had so many emotions in them, even ones that he had not had a feeling for since Rose disappeared. One of them was love. He loved Spectre Lansing.

He probably couldn’t admit it to her, but maybe he could, especially with the scene unwinding around him. He was starting to become… a bit bold with what he said, but not in a bad way. "We have a lot in common don’t we?" He asked her, he wanted to hear her opinion of what she thought. He felt something inside his heart that he couldn’t deny, he would tell her tonight, and hopefully, just like in his dreams, she would say she liked him back. He felt almost guilty, like he was some kind of terrible person for liking this girl when he had children with another woman who was gone. She was not the other alpha {though that could be changed} and he felt like it might hurt Ana. But he figured she would understand. It would all unwind tonight.

Words: 268|| Tags: Spec|| Notes: <3
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

The words that fell from the lips of her leader had the pale female smiling, and she nodded, sitting on one of the flat rocks, her ice blue orbs sliding up to stare at the skies overhead. "I wonder if we are the first to discover such a place..It is..almost magical." Spectre frowned, ears falling against her skull. "Do..you think the ghost we followed led us here for a reason?" She intended to get it all out as it were. After all.. what happened in such a magical place had to stay there. It seemed almost as if a dream she had yet to wake from. His next sentence had her pausing, turning to look at him.. To /really/ look at the darker male.

"Yes.. we certainly do..But, is it enough, Shade?" She swallowed hard, trembling slightly, though the gentle breeze that blew across the pools of the waterfalls did well enough in hiding the slight shaking of her limbs. "Is it enough for you to forget about her? Is it enough in common to find it in your heart to love another?" This was most certainly a dream. The ghost deer, the magical twin waterfalls.. Even the way the fireflies seemed to dance above the water seemed surreal. So why not? She figured that the worst that would happen, is that she would wake after Shade ripped her face from her skull. She would wake, and all would once again be right with the world. She would remain as ...oblivious as she had been.

Word Count: 255
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Shade looked at his paws as they spoke, fate was perhaps that mysterious ghost that had led them to the falls that they now stood at. He was posed with a question that he could answer with a definite answer. He looked at her, purely speaking the truth and nothing else. "It was fate that brought us here Spectre. It all stopped a bit after our chat. Rosealia disappeared from my thoughts, dreams, everywhere. But a new face was there. At first... I didn't know what it meant, but I know what it meant, all along, I just couldn't get my brain to connect to my heart for a while, my brain was stuck on Rose, not my heart. My heart moved on the day I brought a specific wolf back from the woods and gave her a rank in Pitch Pine Trail. The day I brought you to our home." He said, almost shyly.

He had never been in that position before.It had been obvious to him the first time, when Rose liked him, and he liked her back. But Spectre, was, well a Spectre, mystery surrounded her feelings. "It's more than enough." He stated almost confidently. He had moved on without knowing that he moved on, but it was all fine now. He had been in pieces, thought that no one could put him back together when Rose left. Capella had been there to talk to him, but she was one of his friends, a good friend. Anastasia took care of his pups, but they were just packmates. He went venturing into a dark forest one day, and his heart had started to glue itself together when he met Spectre. She had no memory, so he gave her a pack, and she rose to be the Second of the pack, and the one who he loved. He loved her.

Words: 311|| Tags: Spectre|| Notes: <3
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

It felt strange to hear the other admit his feelings for her, and for a time, she simply...stood there, dumbstruck by the notion. Spectre opened and closed her jaws quite a few times before she managed to engage her brain, to make it form words, to unstopper the spigot on the floodgate of her feelings. Slowly, she spoke, her tone gentle, her words soft, almost inaudible over the roar of the falls. "Shade...I have felt something for you since you found me. You took a wolf who could literally be anyone.. Anything in, and not only entrusted her with the safety of your pups, but of your pack. You put faith that the wolf with no recollection of who she was would not turn out to be some cold blooded killer.. My past.. whatever it may be may still catch up with me. What will... What will you do if it is a dangerous one?" She truly had no idea what her past was, but here, standing and facing the truth that he felt the same for her as she did for him had her downright terrified. What if whatever she had run from in her past was dangerous?

"I.. I would like to remain at your side, Shade.. I would like to be the one you turn to come spring. I would..like to lead the pack with you. But..." She lowered her head, ears falling against her nape as a soft whine slipped between onyx lined lips. "What if whatever my past is endangers the pack? Your pups? Will you put them in danger for an unknown?" She did not wish to be saying such things, but Spectre wanted to make sure the other being was... absolutely certain in his feelings. "I just wish to make certain this is.. Truly what you desire. I do not truly know what it means to love, for as far as I am aware, I have never felt it. I do know that what I feel for you is more than what I feel for the others of the pack.. I wish to believe it to be love.. and just as I wish to believe that, I would like..No.. I /need/ to know that if my past comes back to bite me, you will not turn tail and run." She doubted she would be able to handle that.

Word Count: 395
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

He had prepared for the worst she could say, and that was far from the worst, he laughed in the face of danger. He was ready for anything that the might happen. Perpare for the worst, but hope for the best. Shade knew that Spectre could have been a killer, or she could have had a dangerous past to put the pack in danger, and he really didn't care. He sighed a little bit before stating the cold hard truth. "If I fled from dangerous pasts with my tail between my legs, I would be running right now Spectre. If I had thought that you would bring something dangerous to the pack that the pack couldn't take care of... I would have never brought you back. Spectre, I. Will. Not. Run." The confidence in his voice was what he felt in real life.

Don’t want to let you down. But I am hell bound. Though this is all for you. Don’t want to hide the truth. The words were ones that he had repeated to himself a lot lately. Everyone had a dangerous past in his mind. He knew one thing though, if she was up for it, and she felt the same way. If she promised not to run off without a word and break his heart. If she really wanted to lead beside him, even in spring. If she loved him enough to call her his mate, than he would never run, no matter how tough it got. In good times and in bad, he would be there for her.

Words: 262|| Tags: Spectre|| Notes: <3
(This post was last modified: Aug 04, 2013, 01:09 AM by Shade.)
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

His words lifted her spirits, and she smiled, her tail wagging lightly as she stared at the darker pelted male. "Then...I will remain at your side as long as you wish to keep my company." She felt her heart soar at the admission. Spectre still was not entirely certain that what she felt for the darker male was love.. But she was sure that in time, she would find out for sure. Her eyes focused on his form before they lowered, her attention on the clear waters of the pool. Unbidden, she smiled again, her tail whipping back and forth near her haunches. "Shade...If no one has discovered these lands before us.. What should we call them?" Her eyes slid towards the larger of the two waterfalls, then to the foliage surrounding them.

"If we are the first..I would like to find a suitable..name for this place.. It is almost magical.. not to mention romantic.." The thought of calling it something to do with Lovers of some kind, or something of the like. After all, she had admitted her feelings to Shade here, and had them returned in kind. "I almost think it should be named after the deer that brought us here...After all, I am still convinced it was a forest spirit of some kind. Despite the fact that I do feel like I am dreaming and will wake up at any moment." She chuckled, smiling sheepishly before once more looking around, then lowering her head to the pool to take a drink. "The water tastes...pure, like it has come from the mountain springs.."

Word Count: 265
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Shade admitted to himself that he wanted to name the falls after her. But he held his tongue on that matter when she spoke of the ghost who had brought them there. He had to admit that he wanted to name it after the animal who had brought them there. He figured out a way for it to happen both ways at once. Ghost, Spectre's name meant Ghost in some ways, the spirit was a ghost. His muzzle parted as he spoke the name he had the idea for the amazing falls. "Ghost Falls? The ghost brought us here, and it was a blessing that it did." He did not add about how her name also meant ghost or white ghost. His eyes ere calm as he starred at her.

Shade gazed into the water, the fireflies lit up the sky, and the stars shined down onto the water, creating pretty patterns. He still stood in the water, though it was a shallow end to it It barely covered his paws, his eyes lit up with admiration for the place. "It certainly is one of the most stunning places that I have been to... ever." He stated, remembering how dreary the Death Pine Forest he had been born in was. He remembered his childhood so clearly. His past was a haunting one. Much abuse, and love, protection, death, maiming. It all didn't matter anymore though, it was the present that mattered, a little thing that he learned from Spectre. The past doesn't define you, the present does.

Words: 257|| Tags: Spectre|| Notes: <3
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

The name seemed to fit, but she felt that it almost did the place no justice. Spectre frowned, looking skyward once again before she smiled. "What about a mix of that and what it is like here? It is very much like what I would imagine heaven to be...Celestial Falls? Spirits are beings of the Cosmos...And standing here at night, I can almost believe that it was some Celestial being that led us here. It is also quite...well..I should like us to return here...in...in the spring." She swallowed nervously, her eyes lowering as she sat on the flat rock she had taken up residence on, a smile curving her muzzle.

"It combines your idea of ghosts... with my beliefs of the cosmos.. Perhaps it is a blend of our two ideas to make the name stick? What do you think? Or...perhaps you have another idea?" She smiled, wanting to make sure that Shade was as comfortable with naming the area as she was. She did not wish to leave this place until they had settled on a name that they could both be comfortable with. That, and Spectre wanted to be sure that come spring, they would be able to travel here together. It was only fitting in her mind. They had admitted their feelings and taken the first step here together. Why not take the second, or third at the same spot? The female was waiting on the edge of her seat as it were, for the answer she hoped was a favorable one.

Word Count: 254