(See All?) Announcements
544 Users Online
Google, Bing, Aven

A Simple Request
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Whisper who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

Having returned to the pack lands from her two day excursion with Shade, Spectre had taken some time to catch her breath from the sprinting she had done on the way back, and to gather her nerves for what was to come. Shade had revealed that he felt the same feelings for her that she had held for him, and now, she wished to take a place at his side in the pack, rather than live under another. Though, she knew that Anastasia was a leader for longer than she, and Spectre did not wish to upset the other.. or do anything to upset Shade. Or the pack members themselves. The sun had risen to late afternoon, and she approached the main gathering location of the pack, tail wagging lightly as she looked around.

It was silent, none of the pack present in the area in front of the den. Good. She lifted her head, a soft howl slipping from her lips - a request to speak to @Anastasia, the female alpha of Pitch Pine Trail. She hoped to have their discussion in private, and once Anastasia arrived, as she hoped she would, Spectre intended to bring the discussion aside, away from the pack den. She did not wish to involve any other prying ears. At least.. not so long as she could keep the discussion respectful. She had no idea how well the current pack leader would react to knowing she had taken Shade as a mate, even if it was in name only for the moment. She hoped it would be a fairly..quick and painless discussion.. She did not know Anastasia that well, but still felt bad about the situation.

Word Count: 320
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">
While Shade had been out and about, Anastasia had done her very best to make sure that the pack ran smoothly. There were a few times where she broke down, having been somewhat worried the past couple days due to past circumstances. It had only began to bother her a week or so ago that something had gotten Spectre on edge when coming across Bee. Although there had yet to be anything bad coming from Bee in the pack, Ana also couldn’t help but be confused as to why Spectre had not taken too well to him. He hadn’t done anything while she was there but what about before? After having spoken to XIX about her concerns, she had felt a little better… but not by much. However, she did tell herself that she would do anything she could for the pack meanwhile.
Even while doing what she could, she had not expected for the wolf on her mind to actually seek her specifically. It worried her but she promised herself to not freak out about it too much. Especially not in front of the one wolf who likely had the possibility of breaking her down completely with whatever information she had on Bee that Anastasia had not been around to see. Swallowing her nerves she began a quick trot towards the call and upon reaching the other she could feel the tension rising in her stomach. It was squeezing her insides, making her feel quite nauseous. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“Hey Spectre,” she called to her subordinate with a smile, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“how was the trip with Shade?” Assuming that that was where she had come from.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
[I hope you don't mind my throwing Shade in since he would have followed Spectre and so they would have arrived and talked to Ana together, if there is an Issue, PM me and I'll have the post removed]

Say your prayers and stomp it out

Shade had raced Spectre, and she of course had won. She was the faster wolf and he would leave it at that. When he arrived, Spectre was already starting to talk to Anastasia. Not a smile to his face, he wasn't sure if it would be rude to smile since this was a challenge, and that might point out a favor to one or the other? He was just a bit confused at them moment, but hopefully everything could go off without a fight and it would all be good once more. He gave a little bark as a hello to them both, and an almost apologetic one for not getting there sooner. He knew that there was some importance to the matter ahead of them, it affected the entire pack.

"Hello Anastasia." He said, still never wanting to just call her Ana, it seemed to informal and he didn't know her as well as he liked. Shade stood closer to Spectre than to Ana, normally he would have stood in between them but off to the side, almost like a referee, and that was even without fights, just so it didn't appear him to drift to one person, but this was a different matter all together, this was a matter of who was leading the pack on the female end. He trusted both females, and he had a feeling Ana knew that her role as leader was a temporary role until Shade took up a mate or someone who he cared for greatly in all aspects. Truth was he moved on from Rose with little hope she could return and the female he fell for was Spectre.

Words: 278|| Tags: Spectre|| Notes: <3
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

Silently, the pale female had waited for Anastasia to arrive, and when she did, the Pitch Pine second offered a warm smile, and a soft tail wag. While Spectre would usually move forward to greet the pale female in a submissive fashion, instead, this time she remained still, almost nervous. In fact, she could feel the hyperhidrosis setting in. It did not help the female that Shade arrived and took up a position nearest her, but while it somehow seemed to make things almost worse, it also made them better in a way. Anastasia's question received a smile touching the muzzle of the pale female, her head dipping gently..

Perhaps she should have expected that the pack would realize she had wandered off with Shade. While the two had not departed pack lands together, they were gone for the same amount of time, and over the course of a few nights. She should not have been surprised, but she was, and shuffled her forepaws slightly. "Ahh..Yes. I did ..We stumbled across a pair of waterfalls to the south.. They are really quite spectacular.. Perhaps you and I can go visit them someday? It may be someplace to take the pups as well. I am certain they would like it." And the trip to get there was an adventure in and of itself really.

Her tongue felt glued to the top of her mouth after she finished speaking, and she glanced nervously towards Shade before stepping forward and lowering her head just slightly, ears twisting towards the back of her nape. Not in shame, but in ...well.. what did she feel? Sorrow, certainly for wishing to remove the female from her position as pack leader, but she did not intend to run her from the pack or anything ridiculous like that. "Anastasia... I...Well...That is to say that in.." She frowned, falling silent again.

Well balderdash. Might as well get it out. "While we were away, Shade and I... we.. .Well." Good god heavens above what the hell?! Why was it so hard to get the words out? The female grumbled to herself before plunking her backside in the dirt and sitting, lifting her head to look at Anastasia, to meet her eyes, but while blue sought blue, she held no aggressive posture over the other pale female. "On the way back here, I had many different ways of asking running through my head. Now, none of them seem appropriate. I feel like I need to apologize, but I know that I do not regret my decisions. I would like to ask you to allow me to be the lead female of the pack, standing at Shade's side. I will admit, however, that I do not know what it means to lead a pack, or what..tricks you have learned in your time as the alphena. And I would love it if you were to be...willing to help me."

She felt the need to assert her.. what? Dominance? Over Anastasia even as she asked, but forced herself to remain seated. Spectre had multiple facets of her personality all warring at once to be let out, but she remained firm by her initial decision to speak to the older female politely and with decorum. If there was one thing Spectre had learned, it was that she refused to behave like some heathen born of pagan gods, and would act as a lady should. With dignity and Grace. ...Except when facing the task of basically telling her current leadess to bugger off. No, she was not doing that either. Oh, it was just an awkward situation all around...

Word Count: 603
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
From the moment that she had spoken her last word she felt the air change. Something wasn’t right—the way that Spectre regarded her before and changed now. It was like she was looking for something, for Ana to do or say something… or maybe looking for the right moment. Instead of making a question about the change in environment she instead looked to the horizon before focusing in on the offer that the other female was speaking of. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“Oh,” she commented with a somewhat forced smile, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“yes. That sounds like fun, I’d love to!” She truly would like to go take an adventure somewhere she hadn’t ever been so why not do that? Especially of the pups were involved.
If was when the tension between them changed again that she felt weighted, and it certainly didn’t help when Shade showed. The male stepped carefully towards the two of them, greeting Anastasia warmly though it was where he placed himself that suddenly got her wondering—was this an intervention? Was Shade here to punish her and put her in the corner because she had invited Beelzebub into the pack? Quickly she began to come up with things she could say—he didn’t show any sign of aggression or unfriendliness to me and Spectre never told me what he said or did to her to make her think less of him but it would seem that her tongue was tied.
If Anastasia could, her body would have become a breeding ground of hyperhidrosis from the words that Spectre was speaking. From what she was gathering, this was Spectre saying the two of them had consummated their being together and that Spectre wanted to reign next to Shade as a lover. Something that Anastasia clearly had no shot in, as her fear was coming true. The moment that Spectre had asked her if she feared of another taking her spot from her had set her worry into place, but now she expected that she should have seen the signs.
It took a few moments for her jaw to willingly open up, shocked as to what she was hearing but otherwise trying to come up with the best thing to say. The wolf didn’t come at her, chase her away as it would have been done in her birth pack but instead she simply requested it of her. Reassuring herself that this had always been a temporary job title, she wasn’t meant to be here. She shouldn’t have been Alpha anyways. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“Oh of course,” she finally managed to sputter, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“sure. Title is yours, congratulations.” Then for the first time since she had come here she managed to lower her head lower than Spectre’s and allowed her tail to wind down to the ground and ears to flatten against her skull.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“I can do what I can to help you but I don’t think I was very good at it,” as she hadn’t felt completely awesome at it at all since Shade had given her the position. Lachesis had always told her that she was doing the best she could and that everyone liked her, but was it the truth?

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Say your prayers and stomp it out

Shade could feel the tension and awkwardness in the air as Spectre stepped forward and spoke, suggesting the waterfall as a place for the pups, he had a grin on the inside, to think about Karpos and Adsila playing in the water and enjoying the view of the Celestial looking falls they had found. He figured, maybe he shouldn't have come and sat here, perhaps he should have gone back and talked to Karpos and Adsila as to why he was gone. He backed off a bit as the request was made, if it did lead a fight for dominance, he knew he could not interfere. However, Anastasia opened her muzzle but said nothing until.... she agreed to step down. He will admit he thought she would fight for her title, but he was glad there would be no fight.

Shade went to speak next as Anastasia lowered her head. A simple little token of appreciation towards the female for there being no fight. "Thank you, Ana, it means a lot and thank you so much for stepping up as leader in the first place, before all of this and taking of Karpos and Adsila when Rose left." A kind voice and he meant it, the fact that she would trust Spec enough to let her lead beside him... it took a lot, and she had gone down without a fight, though Shade couldn't help but feel guilty that had been so... sudden. Perhaps if he had given her a bit more time, knowing the intensity of the relationship [though it wasn't really that intense?] between himself and the now female leader of Pitch Pine Trail than she could have not felt so awkward about it. That's how he saw the entire situation, awkward. His tail rose a bit, though not a lot, just because it was technically official pack business.

Words: 310|| Tags: Spec and Ana|| Notes: <3
(This post was last modified: Aug 06, 2013, 06:17 AM by Shade.)
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

The pale female paused, suddenly shocked when Anastasia relinquished her grasp on the lead position, smiling softly. The wolfess stepped forward, pausing a few feet from Anastasia, her head lowering to meet the others. Honestly, if Spectre had to be quite frank with herself, she saw the other as a family member of a sort. Sure, she did not know the other female as well as she knew Shade, or Silver.. but she did regard Anastasia with respect, no matter her ranking. It was strange to suddenly find herself the Pitch Pine lead female without fuss, but something within her breast had settled.

"Thank you, Anastasia...Would...you remain within the pack with us? I would very much enjoy it if you did." She wagged her tail, the tufted appendage slightly elevated above her back. She felt no need to really 'assert' authority here. The three of them had settled the pack business, and she wanted to make sure that Anastasia at least was going to be all right after the conversation. "You make a fine leader, Anastasia... at least, I think so. If the day comes that you wish to lead a pack of your own.. Know that I will be one of the first to congratulate you.. And that I should like to visit and spoil your pups rotten." She chuckled, a smile touching her lips before she sat, leaning slightly towards Shade, even if he was not there to lean fully against.

"Anastasia..You offered me a position in the pack when I had spoken to you a few weeks ago. I should like to extend the same to you - is there any task that you find yourself interested in?" Spectre knew that she should technically consult Shade before making major choices for the pack, but she wanted to reassure Anastasia that there truly were no hard feelings.. At least from Spectre.

Word Count: 313
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
There were plenty of emotions blinding Anastasia as she lowered her head to the new Leader and trying to swim away from them was tougher than it seemed. She was glad that Shade had found another woman though had not expected it to be this soon, not only did she worry for her sake but for his children as well. Adsila had never completely warmed up to her taking Rose’s place but now there would be another woman even closer than Ana was. How would they react? Hopefully with peaceful intentions but perhaps Shade had already told them and was keeping an eye on them. Ana knew that when the going got tough or boring, Adsila usually split for the outdoors when no one was looking.
Eventually Shade stepped up to speak and thanked her for the kind thing that she had done upon first coming to him for a place within the pack. She had never expected being a pseudo mother nor taking a place as an Alpha and she would have been lying if she didn’t tell herself that being both of those things had made her the happiest she had ever been. Now, those things were drifting away and she would have to begin something new to keep her happy. At least for now. Nodding in appreciation for his thankfulness, she was out of more words. The last thing she wanted was to slip up and say something that was meant to be kind but turned out wrong.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“Yes,” she made a quick comment as to her staying in the pack. It was her intention to stay for a while longer but she would be a fool if she ignored her desire to be something awesome. There was the underlying desire to lead a pack, to lead beside a guy that she trusted and admired (like Shade). He was someone who went through so much trouble to find a woman to care for his children when there were none… perhaps if she had known Shade better, things would have blossomed but she wasn’t his type. Although she adored children, she now felt as though that was a far off thing for her, if even at all. So again, she simply nodded in agreement to the now Trail leader.
When Spectre looked to her to offer her a position she felt stunned though knew that this would be at least something to get her off her feet. Maybe she wouldn’t be as mopey. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“The only tasks I can see myself capable of is Advisor or Teacher,” she felt her body tense up momentarily from being granted such a thing when she had always seen herself doing all because of her former title, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“but I understand that Advisor is often used for older wolves than I so if that applies, Teacher is preferred.” She didn’t mind either, as she had a lot of kindness and patience to share with those much younger than she. After all, she had taught Lachesis the ways of a pack and he seemed to be doing just fine.

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

The news of wanting to be a teacher was news to him, and with her closeness with the pups, it did not surprise him the least bit. He nodded, though it seemed like they had a huge number of wolves who wanted to teach Karpos and Adsila. Kasimir also wanted the role, and then Naia wanted the same roll as well. He decided that he could make something work. Anastasia being a survivalist like teacher, and maybe Naia teaching the history behind everything {though he would have preferred to do that himself}. He wanted everyone to do what they wanted, but also still keep up with things.

His mind was lost somewhat, almost zoning out, but before he did, he did say one thing. "We'd be honored for you to become a teacher." The words were simple and sincere. His mind almost zoned out to other thoughts. "Also, while I have you two here, I'm going on a small trip over the mountains to visit an old friend, within the next few days. I'm visiting Narime, we were good friends, and still are. She runs a pack in Hush Meadow and I was thinking of going to talk to her about an alliance so I'll be gone for a short while." He said kindly, remembering his need to visit his friend. He found that when he did, Nari always had a friendly behavior and good advice. He also needed to see if she could teach Lachesis a bit more about healing.

Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

She smiled, falling silent when Anastaisa voiced her request to be a teacher. Spectre smiled, her expression strangely gentle as she stared at the other female. She said nothing, however, when Shade gave the position over without complaint, for she was well aware that he held far more sway over the pack than she did. The female blinked, however when he spoke of going over the mountains. Wait.. what? Suddenly, she was uncertain of her new position within the pack and swallowed silently. If he was to leave the packs borders for an unknown length of time, what was she going to do if they were attacked? Or something happened?

Spectre smiled outwardly, however, nodding towards her new mate, and the teacher of their pack. "Just..be careful when you go over the mountains, Shade." She was worried.. There were other packs over the mountains, of that she was certain. The female sighed, closing her eyes and offering both wolves a gentle nod of her head. "Before you go, you need to eat...I will be back within a few hours.." The pitch pine female smiled and turned, taking her leave of the pair to go on a self appointed hunt, and to gather her witts about her. She was in a new position, she should be happy. Right? Well, maybe she needed to have a more...private conversation with Anastasia. She had intended for their discussion to be private to begin with.. but things had not ended up that way.

Word Count: 251