657 Users Online
Bing, Google

Catching Stars in our Paws
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Karpos Slayer
i'm gonna pick up the pieces, and build a lego house...

@Adsila<3

Cough. Cough. Cough. The wheezing sound from his chest woke him up, it was just a small cough and would fade away with time, just perhaps the amounts of pollen in the air, it had no effect on his playful spirit other than him taking forever long naps at night, sleeping until almost noon. His eyes fluttered open, he had curled up around his ma the night before and she didn’t appear to have moved, he had probably woken her up with his coughing in the middle of the night, which had woken him up on several accounts. He stood up and raced outside the den, looking for his sister to play with, he knew a tricky old log that Lachesis had found him at after he had fallen off it and gotten hurt.

"Where are you Adsi?" He said, his speak had gotten a lot better, a grin on his face as he looked for his sister, or perhaps one of his aunts or uncles to play with. Perhaps they would run into aunt Pella, or as he calls her {when she is not around} Aunt Pel. He hadn’t played with his sister for ages, she had been wandering off on her own, but not too far, like he had at least, he had ventured all over the places, but he stayed near the den given Ana’s orders since his little cough was holding him back. He knew a super fun game that they could play in order to pass the time, and there it was again. cough. Cough. Cough. He hated the coughs, they would ruin his game.

Played by Melorama who has 97 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Adsila Slayer
@Karpos

I don't judge people; it blurs out the center
Adsila Slayer
of my attention, my focus, myself

Adsila sighed softly as she looked around at her surroundings. Karp's continuous coughing had kept waking her up throughout the night and she could feel sleep pull at the edge of her mind, even though it was almost midday. The warm sun on her back made her drowsy, and she fought against the urge to sleep. A princess never sleeps outside where she could be harmed, and there was no way that she was going to sleep on the itchy grass anyway.

There was no one around, she was all alone. The young princess had been going off by herself lately, not telling anyone, but always staying close to the den. She missed her ma. Ma had taken off, leaving her and Karp alone. But then father had come back with a new friend of his, Anastasia, and she was now taking the place of ma. But it wasn't the same. Even though she missed ma and wanted her to come back, Adsila also hated her for leaving. What good was a mother that wasn't there for her children? In her mind, leaving them was the same as abandoning them, and she could never forgive ma for that. On the other hand, even though Anastasia looked after them, she still wasn't ma. Karp didn't seem to mind though, but it just wasn't the same as having ma there with them.

When Karp called out for her, a yawp escaped from her jaws. A small frown crossed her dainty face, he had caught her off guard, and she didn't like it one bit. A soft growl escaped from her chest, it was more like a cat purring, but it was getting better as she practised. Stalking forwards, she made her way quietly over to where Karp stood. He had that same grin plastered on his face, and was looking around for her. A scowl crossed her face, he was always so excited and over the top. As the young princess made her way around him, her fluffy ears heard him cough again. He was still sick, and that meant she had to go easy on him or she might hurt him. But what was the fun in that?

When she was directly behind Karp, Adsila leaped forwards and pounced on his hindquarters. A giggle escaped from her lips as she pawed at Karp, it was always fun to surprise him. Looking at his blurry shape, she cocked her head slightly to the left, and opened her jaws to speak. "What are we gonna play, Karp?"

424 Words

(This post was last modified: Jul 16, 2013, 04:04 PM by Adsila.)

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Karpos Slayer

<3 Sorry this took so long to get up, Karpos muse is at an all time low at the moment and I should be starting to get it back I think so my replies should be quicker. Also feel free for Adsi to slap such a rude Karp!

Karpos was still hacking when Adsila lept on top of him, or at least attacked his flank. He giggled a bit and pushed her off. "You bigeh lug! Hide n’ Seek!" He said, he really wanted to go exploring and playing hide and seek was the best way to do it. "I’ll heide firfth!" He said with excitement, though he knew in the back of his mind that his coughing would give him away to being where he was. Before she could even start counting, or even argue that she wanted to hide {which he would have no idea if she did or not} his dark, almost black fur disappeared into the fen, going farther away from the den. He went to the place where he had met that one wolf, Jericho.

That had been his favorite spot, the log stretching across a pond, the trees easily hid his pelt… hack, cough, cough, hack. It had started again, he had been coughing since he had fallen into that little puddle when he had lost his footing. He then proceeded to throw up the little bits of regurgitated meat that his sister and he had been portioned by his father. Yucky, it smells funny! His mind racing with weird thoughts about the disgusting smell. His tail wagged, he felt a lot better, perhaps throwing up was all he needed to feel better. He waited for five whole minutes and he hadn’t coughed, maybe he was bett--… cough cough. Nope, not better, but the coughing was less then it normally was, that was a good sign. Maybe he wouldn’t have another restless night, his eyes narrowed as he waited on the lookout for Adsi.

Inactive IV. Yearling
Adsila Slayer
It's okay. It gave me time to get to all of my other replies. :)

Adsila Slayer

The young princess giggled when Karp pushed her off and called her a "big lug". The names he always called her were amusing, snd she knew he didn't mean it anyway. Her head shot right up when he announced that they were going to play Hide n' Seek, and just as she was going to say that she was hiding, Karp spoke first before racing off. A frown covered Adsila's face as she yelled at her brother's retreating form. "But I wanna hide firsteh!" Either he hadn't heard, or he was ignoring her, Karp ran into the bushes to hide who knows where. Sighing, the young princess closed her eyes and began counting.

"Wone...towe...three...four..." She continued counting, her voice steadily rising to make sure that Karp could hear. "....Ten! Redy or not, here I comeh!" Grinning, Adsila opened her eyes and took off in her brother's direction; black nose to the ground and trying to pick up his scent trail. It was easy to follow, until she got into the bushes. There was too many scents around and they kept confusing her, so she ended up running back and forth. Pausing, the young princess cocked her head and stood still, listening. Yes! There it was! Cough. Cough. With a large grin on her face, Adsila ran in the direction her brother's coughing and spluttering had come from.

The first thing that hit her was the smell. Recoiling slightly, Adsila frowned at the smell. It smelled like the regurgitated meat their father gave to them. But why was she smelling it? Keeping low to the ground, the young princess stalked forward until she came upon a large fallen log that stretched across a pond. Her denim blue eyes looked up at the top of the log as she circled it, finding a suitable way to get up without being heard. Bunching her hind muscles, Adsila leaped up onto the log with ease and grinned, he was right there. On the other side of the log. Running carefully along the top of the log, Adsila aimed to run right past him, she didn't want to knock him off. As she ran towards Karp, a yell issued forth out of her jaws. "Fownd ya Karp!"

375 Words

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Karpos Slayer

<3

Before the little puppy could realize what had happened, he had been found. The noon sun shown down onto his pelt and he frowned at his sister. He thought his hiding spot had been pretty good, but he had noticed, he had stopped coughing! "Howeh did youw finds meh?" He asked, almost confused, wondering if she had cheated and followed him instead of counting. He hadn't heard her voice when he had started to run because he had been too far away to hear her. Perhaps his coughing had given it away? It was his turn anyways so he scampered over to where they had started and yelled out loud the numbers, he was gonna count up to twenty and that was just the way he rolled.

"WON... towe... three... four.... FIGHVE..." He trailed into his own thoughts has he counted, his eyes focused on the log he had fallen on as he recalled his conversation with Uncle Lachesis a few nights before when he had fallen and the young man {though not as young as Karp obviously} had found him while he was really upset. His mind was developing more, and that was the first time he noticed the puddle that he had fallen into was still there. It was because, the fen was like a marsh and the puddle was a small tip to a pond which was covered in reeds. It was pretty super cool. He continued counting, regaining himself from thoughts he realized he was farther ahead than he thought. "STEVENEEN..."

Inactive IV. Yearling
Adsila Slayer
@Karpos <3

Adsila Slayer

The young princess giggled and batted at Karp with a forepaw as he asked why he had been found so quickly and easily. Grinning, she sat down on the log before speaking. ”Youwer couhfing gave it awayeh.” Her words were accompanied by another giggle as Karp scampered off to where they had started. She heard him slowly counting up to whatever number he had chosen, and jumped off the log onto solid ground before running off into the forest.

Her time spent in the Fen hadn’t been that great as she had stayed closer to the den, not wanting to be stolen or killed by another mean wolf like the one in Spectral Woods. But as time went on, her fear started to dissipate and she spent more and more time wandering around. It paid off during games like Hide ‘n Seek.

Crouching down, she hid behind a thick bush that grew in front of particularly large tree roots, and attempted to bury herself in the dark soil. It was the same colour as her coat, so there would be no problem hiding from her brother. Adsila could hear his voice faintly in the distance, and grinned to herself. She had the best hiding spot ever, and there would be no way that Karp would find her.

"STEVENEEN..." As he neared the end of his counting the young princess closed her denim blue eyes, trying to make herself blend into the Fen as much as possible. It would be hard to keep quiet as Karp raced back and forth, attempting to find her so that he could hide while she counted. ”Comeh and find meh Karp.” She whispered to herself when her ears no longer picked up Karp’s counting.

289 Words

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Karpos Slayer
i lost my heart along the way

Karpos continued to finish counting, letting out a very distorted eighteen, nineteen and finally.... "TWEEENY" He shouted it as loud as he could before he giggled a little bit. His coughing had seized from occuring and he trotted off to find his sister, unaware of her location. He went and checked the special log, and then went and checked the trees by looking up into them {even though she can't climb them} he figured he would check. He looked around with confusion. Where was his sister? Had someone eaten her? Surely some wolf had come around and eaten her, because he was the best seeker around. He plopped his butt down on the ground and poked at it. He was unaware that Adsila was in the bush right next to him, and her whisper had been before he even finished counting.

"Who eated me sister?" He pondered to himself for a few seconds before turning to the bush, perhaps he could hide in there and catch the puppy eater, so he trotted into the bush and ran into Adsila. At first he was really confused, and he yelped out. "I'VE BEEN EATED BY THE PUPPY EATER." He called out in shock before realizing that Adsi had just been hiding in the bush. "You hided really well Adsi!" He told her, backing out of the bush with a slightly embarrassed expression on his face. He was so silly sometimes, but could anyone really blame him? They shouldn't blame him, they needed to blam his gender.

table by mimi