596 Users Online
Hazelnut, Google, Bing

float away
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
words 426
ALL WELCOME — rewritten, dated after Lach's thread with Karpos.
It had been days since Lachesis had been able to fall asleep. Since arriving back at Pitch Pine Trail the yearling had been consumed by dark thoughts, and each time he attempted to rest his eyes he was plagued by nightmares. Not only was his head filled with unwanted thoughts, but the lanky zombie was unable to keep still. He needed to keep moving to distract himself from the reality of the situation. Shade was going to die and it was his fault. He had not been able to save the wounded Alpha after finding him and his mate, Spectre, at the lagoon over the Heights. Perhaps if he had left a day sooner, or ran faster, the dark leader would have survived his wounds… Multiple scenarios played continuously in his mind, constantly reminding him of how he had failed as a healer.
Although he wanted to spend as much time with the Trail Alpha before his passing, Nineteen’s chest bubbled with guilt whenever he approached Shade’s den. After swallowing his remorse, the yearling had visited a few times – though only briefly – to give the leader some more Ergot along with some herbs for the pain. While his wounds were too severe to survive, Shade was still fighting to extend his remaining days. Prior to their journey back to the fen, XIX had been unsure of whether the coffee-coloured leader would make it over the mountains that divided Relic Lore. After his incredible venture over the Heights Lachesis had hoped some miracle would have protected Shade from the clutches of death, but there was no recovering from the wound on his neck.
With heavy eyelids the zombie trekked forward, his thin body working its way around the trees that made up the fen. His meeting with Karpos had lightened his mood, though it hadn’t been enough to pull the youth away from grief that haunted his heart. XIX had managed to clean some of the mess off his once brilliantly-white coat while at the brook, but he did not have enough energy to clean the rest. Parts of his coat, more so along his cheeks and brows, were stained with a mixture of dried blood and mud from his (feeble) attempts at saving the dark Alpha. While he was weary and felt as though he could pass out at any given moment, XIX pushed himself forward. Walking was the only distraction he had; while it didn’t do much, it was enough to keep the healer temporarily focused on something other than the dying Alpha.
(This post was last modified: Sep 05, 2013, 03:10 AM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Silver
(@Lachesis Set after meeting with Karp.)

Black paws moved their way softly through the uneven terrain. Claws digging into the dirt and dead leaves. Finding a place to hide her sad and skinny body, from the lack of eating, she let a soft whimper escape when she hit the floor. Her long legs stretched out. Golden eyes scanned the area. The scent of one of her family members filled her nose but she was in no mode to talk. The only one she would talk to right now was @Ace, but she was sure he was doing border patrols. He was always working so hard. It was nice to know how much he cared but sometimes she just wanted him all to herself. A small flick of her tail and then a soft breath.

A soft whisper broke out to her self in a song "Seasons are changing. And waves are crashing. And stars are falling all for us. Days grow longer and nights grow shorter. I can show you I'll be the one..." it was just soft meaningless words. She hoped no one heard her though. It would probably be a total and udder embarrassment if some one heard her beside Ace or Spectre. Mention that they were her only real friends (Besides Karpos and Shade), she told them anything they wanted to hear or know. But sometimes she wouldn't tell them things. Things she kept for herself. Like emotions.

The scent of her family member was now close, but who was it? Whispering softly she let her voice break out "Hello?" it was a worried voice. Shy and yet curious. A feeling she hadn't had in quiet a while. At least sense she had joined the Pitch Pine Trail. Before she was here she was a helpless wolf. And now, those feelings were starting to push their way back to her heart and mind.
(This post was last modified: Sep 14, 2013, 12:09 AM by Silver.)
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
words 411
sorry for the delay, i'm back to school and having some other issues right now :/
He didn’t know what to do, what to think. The long-limbed youth desperately wanted to escape the thoughts plaguing his mind but they followed him with each turn he took – even when he quickened his pace. Exhaustion was taking its toll on the Arctic healer; his thoughts grew louder with each step, almost as if another was walking beside him and speaking to him. The trees felt as though they were closing in on him, branches reaching out to grab at his stained fur… Before he could stop himself, a whine slipped past his lips as he crouched closer to the ground, hoping that it would help to avoid the twigs above. They reminded him of the grabby paws of the strange, pink two-legs; the constant poking and prodding accompanied with strange words falling from their peculiar, pouty lips. Had they returned for him? Were they going to bring him back to the pack; back to his family?
No. He couldn’t go back. XIX had never found out what happened to his brother – he could not return to them without finding out what happened to Pyrrhus. Oh, what would his mother say? She must have been so disappointed in him for leaving… especially with his bully of a brother. Another whine exhaled off his tongue, his lanky body desperately wishing to shrink into nothing. His current thoughts mingled with his memories, causing a headache to form in the center of his forehead. The yearling knew there was something he could take for it, but in his current state he couldn’t remember… plus, he was a useless healer. He wasn’t even capable of saving the Alpha of Pitch Pine Trial… he was nothing but a failure. Surely the pack would not want a failure like him among their ranks – he was supposed to be a healer and he couldn’t even do that! What was the point?
It was as that thought possessed his mind that the voice of another caught his attention, pear-coloured eyes widening slightly at the presence of another nearby. At first he thought – no, hoped – that it was his blue-eyed dove, Anastasia, but as he inhaled the scent drifting through the Fen disappointment settled in his stomach. It was a Trail wolf, but not the one he had wanted to see. A frown creased his licorice lips and the zombie pressed forward, hoping that the stranger would lose interest and disappear into the trees…
Inactive Deceased
Silver

Felling almost alone it felt nice to hear the paws of someone else. Though the scent was not one she wished for. Standing up she moved her body a bit more into the trees before addressing herself "Sorry if I had bothered you, I was just looking for a bit of a break from the business in the pack." Silver coughed slightly in between her first sentence and the next to come. "My name is Silver. I am the packs' Scout." she nodded her head softly. This was her first other male she had met except for Ace and Shade. Though she was certain there was more males and females to meet.

Concerned had layed in her paws for some reason. So many scents came from the packs land, yet some never showed their faces. Or they had just simply left. Of course she didn't know the name of one of the wolves (Who had been Capella) but the scent just simply faded from the land. Maybe they had talked to the Alphas about leaving but nothing had been said to Silver about anyone coming and going. Yet that might have been because she was gone for a while over the mountains. Certainly she might stay out of the loop because of her busy life that would be starting to build slowly. Silver would have to become more busy in the pack. Whether it be doing her job as a scout or catching small animals in the mean time for the pack and young ones.

PITCH PINE Trail
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
words 382
Disappointment made itself home within the pit of his stomach as the stranger began to speak, making her ashen body seen as she stepped out from the trees. A frown cut against his lips as he studied her for a moment, pear-coloured eyes focused for a moment before wandering away as an ear twitched in annoyance. He had wanted to be alone, which was precisely why he had not responded to her initial greeting. A sigh threatened to bubble past his lips but he choked it back; the pack was beginning to shrink in size and it would be beneficial for the spider-legged yearling to meet as many of its remaining members. Shade’s passing would leave a deep scar in Pitch Pine Trial, and the youth couldn’t help but wonder if it would ever heal over. How would the pack recover from their loss? Would the choice of his successor be accepted by the pack? What of Adsila and Karpos – would they be determined to remain part of the Trial, or eventually wander in hopes of settling elsewhere?
An ache began to form in the middle of his forehead as a series of questions swam through his thoughts, the voice so loud Lachesis could have sworn another wolf was standing beside him, shouting into his ears. With a subtle shake of his head XIX redirected his attention to the female as she introduced herself. How could she be so calm? Could she not sense the grief that suffocated the territory? The frown remained against his maw as he allowed his gaze to rest on her dark shape once more, brows narrowly softly. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“Nineteen,” he responded curtly, the tip of his tail flicking tediously behind him. He was not in the mood for chit chat – he wanted to be alone and find a distraction, as the healer was growing weary of the many thoughts that plagued his mind. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“What do you mean by break from pack business?” He snapped suddenly as his realization dawned on him. Either she did not care about Shade’s health, or she did not know. As a scout was it not her business to know everything about the pack? <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“Are you unaware of our Alpha’s health? Now is not the time to disassociate yourself from pack affairs.”
Inactive Deceased
Silver
Sorry this was delayed and short :(

Silver was taken back by the males who name appeared to me Nineteen. Walking towards the pale male her voice spoke out "Maybe had I know I wouldn't have been out here. I just came back from a pack called Whisper Caverns for a scouting mission. So I think this explains why I haven't gotten any information on it." She knew she might have been coming off a bit harsh but she still left about 3 feet between her and Nineteen. Showing no signs of dominance so the male should have no reason to fear her or try to act back in a hasty way.

Taking in the looks of Nineteen it struck her how much he looked like Anastasia and Spectre. It made her smile a bit, only because she liked Anastasia and Spectre. "Sorry if I came off a bit rude. I truly didn't mean too." Silver was being honest too. She didn't mean to possibly sound so rude and harsh to the younger male. Nodding her head as if she sincerely meant it. Hear ears were pinned forward making sure she could hear anything that he had to say. Whether it be "Apology Accepted" or "I'm Leaving." and Silver at this point really didn't care which one it was. As much as she felt the wanting to walk away and leave him alone she choose to stay and wait for something to be said.

PITCH PINE Trail
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
It seemed peculiar that the inky female before him had been absent for some time – he could not blame her for not knowing about Shade while she was gone, but surely she would have scented his blood from his wound? The den site reeked of a dull, coppery scent, which made it impossible for the yearling to linger. He would simply return to keep an eye on Shade’s neck, clean it and give him something for the pain, and would be on his way again. Though he felt guilty XIX could not stand to see his coffee-coloured Alpha in so much pain, especially when there was little he could do about it. The worst part was slowly watching the leader die – the yearling secretly wished that Elettra had ended his life by the lake so he didn’t have to suffer, but he knew this way was better for Adsila and Karpos.
“You have heard nothing of what happened to Shade?” He asked, neither accepting her apology nor stating he was going to leave. His soft voice was not accented by the sharp bite it had previously held, but was instead laced with innocent curiousity. He thought it strange that the female was unaware of what had happened to their chocolate Alpha – had she not spoken to any other Pine wolves since she returned? A frown played at the corners of his lips, pear-coloured eyes focused on her dark physique as he waited for her response. He did not want to be bearer of the bad news – or talk about what happened – but she needed to be informed if she knew nothing.
Inactive Deceased
Silver
Death does not scare me,
Silver Shadow
A life without them scares me...

Silver cocked her head a bit. She was concerned about members in The Trail. Especially if the member so happened to be their Alpha Shade Slayer. "No I have heard none of this. Do you wish to share?" She now felt guilty for not reporting to him right away as soon as she returned. Though she had been bombarded with Karpos and this woman Rosealia who clammed to be the mother of Karpos and Adsila. It had her worried so she needed sometime to think about things. But all she felt know was the guilt building in the pit of her gut.

As much as she wanted to go run and find Ace or Shade she chose to stay still and await and explanation from the pale boy names Nineteen. He seemed to be shook by whatever event cause place with their alpha Shade. It had her on her toes and most of all in a panic. Was her dear friend injured? Was he lost in the wilderness? What happened? Silver's mind was almost in a haze before she realized this boy might have said something to her. Softly she whispered "What happened? Her voice sounded broken and weak. Cold and worried even as the small whisper it was. Yet this small sound seemed to be filling the crisp air around her. It was then though that everything settled in. The tinge of blood in air. Death clinging thick in the borders. The faded scents, Shade was either dead or close to it. And without even knowing it Silver's jaw dropped and her eyes seemed to lose the golden glimmer they once held.

288 Words

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#D7DDDF;">
Although the charcoal female questioned him about what had happened to their Alpha, realization seemed to dawn on her as she became acquainted with the unfamiliar scent that stained the land. The scent of death, while it had not yet arrived, loomed over the Fen like a heavy fog. It was the elephant in the room – nobody could ignore it, yet nobody wanted to discuss it. The spider-legged yearling had desperately avoided discussing what had happened to the coffee-coloured leader since they had returned to the Trail, but now he had no choice. With a sigh, the boy adverted his gaze from the dark female, his ears flattening against the back of his skull as he gathered up the courage to explain what had happened.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#D7DDDF;">“Shade was pursuing an old lead on the whereabouts of Rosealia, which took him over the mountains and close to the territory of his former pack. He was at the lagoon when Elettra, the leader of his former pack, attacked. I was on a healer mission when I stumbled upon him and Spectre, who had witnessed the attack. Fortunately Elettra and her pack members had left before I arrived, but upon inspecting Shade’s wounds I realized there was nothing I could do. They were far too severe for myself – or any healer – to mend.” He paused, allowing his words to sink in before carrying on, eyes adverted from the dark female. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#D7DDDF;">“I do not know the full details of the fight, or why it began – I just know that Elettra is the reason why our Alpha is dying, and that nothing can be done to save him.” With a heavy heart the boy allowed a sigh to fall past his lips, brows narrowed softly as an unsettling feeling settled in his stomach. Soon their chocolate Alpha would fall into the permanent slumber of death and Pitch Pine Trail would be left in the paws of another.
Inactive Deceased
Silver
Let me stayWhere the wind will whisper to me...Where the raindrops, as they’re falling, tell a story

Anger boiled inside of her. Blood hot like lava running through her veins. Before she could clamp her jaws words flew out like silver daggers "That Bitch! How dare she even injure Shade! Why she ought to pay for her sin. You say she is over the mountain, correct?" her fur now seemed ruffled. A look of pure anger was now on her face, a snarl escaped her. Pissed off she seemed to pace back and forth. Silvers' mind was stuck between either going to hunt down the woman or staying her to protect Shade for his last few moments with them.

Stopping in her pacing her golden eyes looked towards the pale boy. "I hate to leave you, but I now have to go speak to someone." Walking past the yearling her head stooped down. Not in a sad manner, more of an angered way. Silvers' paws moved her quietly. They were leading her to were the scent of Ace lingered. She tried to block the scent of blood and death out but they were to strong. A look of disgust came over her the heavier it got. Her nose seemed as if it would run off because of the scents. Though despite her want to smell them anymore she tried to keep moving. She had to be strong for everyone who was left. No matter what her own pain was

Words: 260 || Tags: @Lachesis || Notes: If you wanna post Lachesis Exit post I believe that gets us to ten :)

Exit for Silver
(This post was last modified: Oct 23, 2013, 11:45 PM by Silver.)