(See All?) Announcements
513 Users Online
Google, Baidu, Bing, Hazelnut

cut away the rot
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ver who has 365 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya

Though it was tiresome to dig so much in one sitting, Ava found the actual removal of the cowbane to be less difficult than she'd imagined. Though the stalks hid their evil beyond a thin cell wall they were not ridiculously frail. The night-cloaked Queen had wondered if even a misplaced blunt claw could draw the poison from the plant but she wasn't so stupid as to attempt it. Five stalks had been pulled from the ground - well, not so much pulled as they had been pushed out, but regardless the venomous weapons lay neatly just beyond her reach, the white flowers gathered all at the same end. Funny how the color of surrender was so deceiving here.

The rustle of pawsteps alerted her to the presence of others, though the scents following quickly after eased her. She swung her head in time to see Maksim and Ataneq returning to the clearing, both with sizeable chunks of bark hanging from their jaws. Ava was elated to discover she could visualize exactly how the plan was functional. The cowbane would fit neatly and they might even be able to use the grooves of the bark to help keep it in place, so long as no one shoved too forcefully lest the poison be drawn out. Though Ava had far higher estimates of her comrades capabilities. In fact, they were both quite keen of mind and spirit. What a great team, had it not been that they'd borrowed one of Magnolia Glen's. He couldn't stick around.

"A moment," she asked of them as she turned back on the last stalk of cowbane. Thus far none had broken, as she'd been diligently gentle with her hand at excavation, and she wouldn't allow her work to be soiled on the last one. Carefully she scooped the remainder of the dirt that held the roots in place out on to the grass-coated surface. Only when the roots could be easily lifted from the dirt did she try, relief evident on her face when the stalk gave easy. That too she pulled from the ground. After edging it closer to the others she looked toward the males for their approach.

Allie
Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
As Maksim stepped out of the thick forest and into the clearing, he could help but smirk at the image of Ava he was welcomed with. He did not think for a second that she’d simply sit and wait after returning from scouting for a location to bury the fatal plants in. No, she was a very hardworking woman and the fact she’d scooped out the cowbane in the male’s absence was proof of that. Still, one of them stood and she asked for a moment, a moment that Maksim presumed would be dedicated to removing the last one from the earth. He had guessed right; Ava manoeuvred the dirt gently, expertly excavating it and shifting it to lay amongst the rest.

Stepping forward and placing the rough tree bark on the ground, he looked to the cowbane with scrutinising eyes. The plant had been uprooted and would be disposed of soon enough. If only wolves could make fire. Lifting his paw and using it to very cautiously push the stem to the bark, he let out a little sigh of relief when it slotted into one of the many grooves that lined the bark. He was hardly a soft footed wolf so the fact he had managed to move just one was a small victory. Still, he looked to Ava with eyes that said “maybe you’re better suited to this job than I”.

Clearing his throat slightly, Maksim swung his head down the river. “So, you found a suitable spot to bury these plants?” Looking to Ataneq, Maksim finally cracked a smile in the boy’s direction; he was thankful for the help thus far and the black Magnolia Glen representative was finally trust worthy in the Darkwater male’s eyes.

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Played by Kira who has 110 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
i apologize that this took so long :( <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">
Once they arrived to see Ava busy with digging he was positive that they could get this done without severities. Beside him, the other two were adults and he wouldn’t have to feel like he was training children and giving instructions to them. Instead they knew what to do and what the plan of action was which was a decent change in environment for him. Ataneq had known from the very beginning that this wasn’t going to be a child’s task but rather something that the three of them could somehow figure out. Nothing was irrepairable, especially not this. If this was something that Ava was intent upon then he would do whatever it took to make sure that she was satisfied. Perhaps not as hard-pressed as his mother, but he did have a sense of ingenuity and tenderness.
Once Maksim moved forward first to test the bark’s hold Ataneq was instantaneously pleased that his idea worked for him. It fit beautifully into the bark and acted as though it had grasped at its sharp corners and clung to it like sap. It was when Ataneq began to move forward for the irritating substance to be put upon his choice of bark that he noticed something he had not expected. A smile. It might not have been much but it certainly lifted his spirits to know that the two trusted him with his idea and now with his presence there.
Lowering the piece of bark down upon the ground he lifted his head up and looked to Ava, curious as to where they might be smothering these suckers. It would have to be somewhere secluded otherwise they would have to do one hell of a job covering them up so that no scent lingered and that the rain would not dig them back up.

i'm currently looking for any kind of short or long-term plots, so message me if you've got an idea!
i.e. (friend/enemy/spar partner/pack recruiter, etc)
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
ooohhh my god oh my god somehow I completely just did not realize it was my turn to post; I am so freaking sorry .___. this thread has been way too long to just let it die and not collect any points so we can just wrap it up right quick in the next round or two. once again, I am so sorry. uhh you can pp them all getting to the site Ava dug up and then they can say their goodbyes and we can fade to black? @Ataneq @Maksim

She had excavated all but one of the vile plants when two scents arrived along the wind, turning her head to see Ataneq and Maksim returning from the treeline with a length of bark each. She blinked in thought, slowly visualizing how the transport would work out, and a quiet smile tugged at the corners of her ebon lips as the light clicked on and she grasped fully the Glen wolf's plan. It was certainly clever, she remarked in her head as she passed her amber gaze upon the youthful wolf and gave him an appreciative grin.

Passing on the momentary distraction the dark-furred Leader reached her paws into the last hole she'd made, gingerly prying the last of the cowbane out from the ground. Once the dirt was shook free of the tendril-like roots' clutches she nudged it away from the riverbank and toward the other five. It was aggravating to see how they didn't look like much, and yet they were so very lethal. She would be more than overjoyed once their endeavor was over.

And speaking of - she was eager to finish the job, as she assumed they both were as well. Work was hard and there would be more for the rest of the day, so she might as well stop dragging her paws. "Ataneq, thank you so much for all your help today. If you could just accompany Maksim and I to the hole we can dispose of them and you can be on your way. There's six stalks, so we could each carry two on the bark and that would lessen the chances of anything being dropped accidentally." Her proposition was apologetic; she did mean to release the yearling, and her trusted packmate, from their commitment quickly.

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
Ehh, some PP here. I'll edit it if requested. Just a quick post, though, to get this finished ASAP.

Maksim decided to stay silent, working diligently at manoeuvring another stalk onto the bark he had brought back with his paws, though he nodded in agreement with Ava’s words. The work would be done soon and Ataneq could be on his way, knowing that his help with the lethal plants was thoroughly appreciated by both of the Darkwater Rapids wolves. Hell, maybe it even spelt good things between this Magnolia Glen pack and their own. In some strange, odd way he saw his brother in the young, black furred boy (now that Maksim felt he could be trusted). He was smart, a quick thinker, and seemed more than ready to assist others, even complete strangers. Why, if that wasn’t Arman then the man had no idea what was.

Checking to make sure the others had their bark and cowbane secured, Maksim almost gingerly grasped the bark. He lifted it, slowly, and scrunched his face up slightly. It smelt pretty bad, to be honest, but it wasn’t anywhere near his mouth. They seemed so unintimidating with almost dainty clusters of small flowers. Mother Nature could honestly surprise Maksim sometimes with designs as cruel as this. Regardless, the trio set off down the river, led by Ava to the site she had dug up, with caution obvious in every step. There could be the possibility that a stem would fall from the bark, though it would be easily slotted back into place … hopefully. The Baranski was just relieved that the plants would be less of a threat soon, buried beneath the dirt and left to rot. Would they grow again, though? Maksim honestly wasn’t sure but even if they did, at least they would be further away from Darkwater Rapids and, in turn, further away from the pups.

They arrived, soon enough, and Maksim almost eagerly lowered his segment of bark to the ground. He glanced over the chosen site, but he couldn’t say much on whether or not it would be affective in quelling the cowbane. He could only hope that Ava was sure this was the perfect spot.

Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
so one more round then? :) <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">
The two men were very cautious with how they laid their plants among the bark. Taking each step very carefully to ensure that they stayed securely in place and would not fall nor make contact with their mouths. It was a very tedious action but one that he was sure the two of them could manage. After all, they were quick minded to do what was best for the health and awareness of others so they would do whatever was necessary to ensure another’s well-being. Although the two of them were still somewhat plain strangers, he recognized good souls when he saw them. They were doing this for good reasons—to protect.
Ataneq was, of course, pleased that he had come up with a quick plan to help the two of them out but he would in no way be vain about it nor expect heavy praise. When Ava thanked him, he did full a small burst of pride that he had been able to help her out but he would not boast. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">“I’m glad I could help,” he answered to her as he reached for his bark that he had previously sat upon the ground so that they could dispose of these poisons into the hole. After understanding the plan altogether he gave a very small nod (as not to make the cowbane fall from his bark) and awaited for the two to begin their movement.
Once they began to move he followed with careful steps, eyes finding the dug hole and momentarily analyzing it. It made not be an exceptional permanent place to hide it but it would do fine just so long as not highly affective weather set in. Ava had chosen a good place to put them. Ataneq chose to be the last to place them in, so he looked to his two companions and waited for their move.

i'm currently looking for any kind of short or long-term plots, so message me if you've got an idea!
Inactive No Rank
Ava Attaya
Indeed, last one!

Ava followed their lead, dragging the cowbane forward and laying it along the stripped bark in accordance to Maksim and Ataneq's precedent. When her two had been arranged sufficiently she grasped the bark between her jaws and cautiously lifted her neck, a little joyous to find that it was not heavy and not too cumbersome for the trip to the hole she had created. The dark Leader did wrinkle her nose at the prospect of these deadly plants so close to her face, but she kept her lips well over her teeth so there could be no freak accidents here.

She moved fluidly though slowly, her amber eyes flickering between the path before them and the purple-lined stalks, trying to ensure they would not make a leap for freedom on her watch. They made short work of the trip and before long her footsteps veered away from the riverside, delving into the trees to find the tomb she'd made for the cowbane. Without hesitation she dipped her head and slid the pieces off the bark, using a paw to gingerly push the stalks into the depths of the ground. When they were all six placed far away from wandering puppy teeth she would re-cover the ground, the most unsympathetic burial she'd ever perform.

Looking once more upon the Glen's yearling she grinned, "Now all four of them have a stellar chance at survival." Jokes aside, she cleared her throat. "I think that's all for home renovation today. You were an incredible help." She turned toward Maksim and was sure to mention, "And you." She'd not overshadow the efforts on the home front either. Understanding that they were all weary and dusted in dirt, Ava concluded, "Send my good word to Phineas and Borlla, and have a safe trip back."

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
Maksim was more than happy to dump his cargo of poisonous fauna in the hole, grumbling softly under his breath as he almost glared down at the cowbane. Still, it was out of the way of the Attaya children, the Darkwater heirs, and the subordinate was relieved there would be no worrying about the little boogers chewing on something that would, without a shadow of a doubt, kill them. Internally, he spat and his paw kicked a small amount of dirt over the cowbane, watched as it tumbled down to the bottom of the small hole. Maksim’s attention, however, was averted from the vicious, life ending death stalks by Ava’s voice. Slowly turning to look to Ataneq too, he couldn’t help but offer an agreeing of his head in the direction of the dark furred yearling. He smirked at his own slice of praise and very gently nudged the leader with his broad shoulder.

All friendly gestures aside, Maksim had his own thanks to give to the Magnolia Glen wolf. “We truly appreciate everything you’ve done to help us, Ataneq. Thank you.” The name felt foreign on his tongue still and the Baranski could not help but wonder where he hailed from, what sort of wolves they were like. The world was so vast and full of surprises, like the danger of cowbane. “Travel safely, friend.” With his kind words now said, Maksim once again cast his reptilian gaze to the hole that the poisonous stalks were stuffed into, ready to be buried and forgotten. Farewell to you, too.

Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">
With time on their side, or at least his as he was in no hurry to go back to the Glen, he allowed himself to watch the two carefully as the dragged the cowbane to the hole. Ataneq, with his already aligned within the bark, he fluidly watched as the woman placed hers with care inside their grave. Then proceed to watch Maksim put his own in there with just as much grace. The two of them were good at following a stranger’s orders, that much he could see. Most probably would have stared at the yearling as if wondering what he had been sniffing that morning. But these two had accepted his ridiculous plan and saw to it to make it work. They were team players and that made them good company in his address book.
Although he was unaware as to ‘who’ the ‘four of them’ were, he figured that maybe it was pack mates or even children. He wasn’t too aware of jokes or even sarcasm for that matter, it was a failed punch line whenever he heard or said it. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">“You’re welcome,” he answered in kind as he looked upon Ava who wished Phineas and Borlla good words. Although he wasn’t quite used to praise he did appreciate her effort in doing so. He would remember it and treasure its beginning. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">“You too,” he answered with a low bow, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">“I’m glad I could assist you two and I hope that no more trouble comes from these plants. If they do, I’ll be just east of the lore.” Ataneq then took his leave finding that he had found two wolves of a pack he did not know and had helped them out. Perhaps this meant an alliance was beginning? Perhaps he could do something right.