(See All?) Announcements
498 Users Online
Bing, Google, Viorel

guess I’ve always been this way
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kira who has 198 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
Random Event: There is a meteor shower tonight.

Arya you are MORE than welcome to join us! I wasn't going to put this up YET but I need to make my post for this two weeks and get this RE up before it's too late! <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#FA2F00;">
After a week of Athena being an official member of the Glen, Inkheart saw that it was only fair that if he were to get to know her then he would get to know her son. Luckily, he felt that the two of them might hit it off somewhat well. After all he was a lover of children and desperately wished to have his own one day so why not enjoy the company of the young Elliot Moon? With ease he set himself outside of the den and waited for Athena and Elliot to return together and when they did he looked to her with a smile on his face (not creepy at all). While Elliot was a couple feet away, Inkheart leaned in to whisper into Athena’s ear that he wished to take her son on a little outing, her too if she cared to accompany him. Not too far and he would protect the boy should anything happen, no matter what the cost.
Gaining permission from the lovely Athena, he turned his head to Elliot in hopes that the boy would not reject his open offer. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#FA2F00;">“Do you want to go see something really cool, Elliot?” It would be a surprise indeed, hopefully for the two of them if the fiery-eyed woman had yet to notice it but if not, he hoped to astound them both and bring out their wow-faces. Inkheart felt hopeful for once, that maybe he could patch the family a little closer together. After all, he had thrown family to the wind when he was young and foolish, so he could only hope that Elliot would never do the same.
(This post was last modified: Sep 08, 2013, 01:57 AM by Inkheart.)

i'm always looking for threads, so message me if you'd like one!
Played by Mimi who has 28 posts.
Inactive VII. Yearling
Elliot
In all honesty, Elliot didn’t want to spend time with his mother. He was a brooding youth, hurt by her act of abandonment, confused and bubbling inside. The act of her joining Magnolia Glen stirred a gross feeling in the boy’s gut, made it twist and knot. What was stopping her from just leaving him again? He wouldn’t get too close, simply couldn’t! He tried to accept her affections but it was just so sour and bitter; it left his mouth fizzing. He dragged his paws along the floor, scowling at the ground as he walked behind Athena. He wasn’t a happy bunny at all. She had hurt him, after all.

He glanced up from the ground momentarily and, well, who should he spy hanging around the den? None other than Inkheart, Elliot’s older doppelganger. The Moon boy watched the fiery-eyed guardian sidle up to his mother, lean into her ear and whisper. The youngster looked away, busied himself by watching little leaves quiver in a soft breeze, lips pressed firmly together. He didn’t want to watch, didn’t want to see them being chummy. Still unsure of whether or not he hated his mother, the boy could only remain silent and express his distaste with actions. Only when Inkheart addressed him with a tempting question did the dark coated pup look up at the guardian with a curious gleam in his eyes. Did he want to see something cool? Depends on what his definition of “cool” was. Regardless, Elliot was pretty interested. “Yeah. Okay.” His response was short and blunt, an early sign of the rather reserved, introverted personality he’d grow into and was already developing. He didn’t want his mum going, though. He wanted it to be just him and Inkheart, a thing for boys and not her.

Elliot only really wanted to spend time with Phineas, but he had his own kids and the charcoal coated pup was just a vagabond he had picked up and saved from the bones of a dead pack. Better this than his mother or, even worse, nothing.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#FA2F00;">
Clearly, even from his choice of words, he seemed at least a little interested and that was all Inkheart had looked for. Grinning he saw to it that Athena understood that he’d be protective and see to it that Elliot enjoyed it at least a little bit. “Alright,” he said as he began to walk at a slowed pace for the young boy. So far him and Athena were simply friends, sharing a secret as to where they were going to go, and he didn’t plan on doing anything more than that. All he saw was that there was a woman who desperately wanted to get back in touch with her children after losing everything. He could only hope that this outing might persuade him that somethings were not worth running from.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#FA2F00;">“Journey isn’t too far, we’re just going to go to the mountainside and maybe travel a tiny bit up it—then I’ll show you something cool,” and while the trip might be a tad exhausting for the boy they had plenty of time to stop and catch their breath. He would not make it a full trip and not allow Elliot to take a breather. He was well aware that children’s lungs did not have the strength of an adult like himself. Not wanting to walk the complete way in silence he decided to open with some small talk to get his shell to open up a little. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#FA2F00;">“Phineas is a cool guy, huh?” Inkheart had thought so since the moment he had met him so he assumed Elliot had thought the same.

Played by Mimi who has 28 posts.
Inactive VII. Yearling
Elliot
The pace they walked at was slow enough for Elliot to keep up but not too slow that it babied him. He could run if he wanted, he was getting pretty big-ish, but he supposed it didn’t matter. Maybe Magnolia Glen’s wolves just wanted to look after him? It made him feel a little better, lifted the weight of being an unwanted burden from his back at least. He should’ve been grateful to these strangers and he was! Especially of Phineas. The snowy man had given the Moon boy another shot at living.

So Inkheart was taking him to the mountainside? Inwardly, the pup cringed. Did it really have to be there? Why couldn’t it be anywhere else? Despite his heart protesting against the idea, the boy nodded and gave a soft “uh-huh” in response to the Glen’s second in command. He trotted after the man, wondering if anyone would see them and mistake them for relatives. They did look unsettlingly similar. Black fur, orange eyes … same pack scent, too. The only thing that would make Elliot’s life any worse would be finding out that this man was his father. His stomach twisted at the thought. No, this couldn’t be his dad. His mother wouldn’t be so friendly with him if that were the case. Well, truthfully, Elliot wasn’t so sure about that. He just really didn’t want another bombshell dropped on him and dismissed it the only way he could.

Elliot nodded, smiling a little at the mention of Phineas. He was sort of a role model to the youngster. “Yeah, he is.” In some ways, he was exactly what Elliot wanted to be when he grew up. “What’re you gonna show me?”

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#FA2F00;">
Inkheart wished only for the best and even if he was only given the slightest amount of interest, it would be enough for him. Just so long as the Moon child was willing to go along with him then he felt comfortable at least trying. The boy had not shot his idea down or given him a constipated face as if to reject him entirely so that was a plus. Then again, just because he had agreed to come along didn’t mean that the barrier of trust had fallen completely. He knew it would be earned over time if he was patient.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#FA2F00;">“If I told you” Inkheart laughed and nudged the boy’s shoulder, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#FA2F00;">“it wouldn’t be a surprise now would it?” There was no way that he wanted to spoil the surprise now, not when they were this far out and with so much to see once they arrived. At least, he was pretty sure he had seen a few scattered but they were both in for a wonderful treat just so long as the clouds didn’t get in their way. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#FA2F00;">“Alright, up the ledge we go.” It wasn’t too steep for the young pupil, just a very easy incline that had multiple steps for the boy to walk upon and not lose his footing. Even then, the fall wouldn’t be very far and Inkheart would keep himself attentive to watch closely for even the barest hint of a slip or fall. He didn’t want an angry mother on his paws.