(See All?) Announcements
509 Users Online
Google, Neo, Jethro, Bing, Nia

Brink of Disaster
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
[Moving across the mountains to get home. @Spectre and @Lachesis {A note that he would know that he is going to die from his injuries per the analysis of wounds} DATED: 8-19-2013]

Slowly but surely they were making their way across the mountain range through the lowest point, so Shade might get home in time to see his packmates, his family one last time. Lachesis had already told him that it did not look good, and that it would lead to his demise and while he was upset, he couldn’t be upset. He had been the one who hadn’t run when he had the chance; it was his fault that he was dying from the blasted wound that ached on his neck. They had already been traveling for a week, and they were just reaching the Riddled Heights, he was sad about it, almost furious that he was in so much pain. On the outside he was cool and collected, hiding all emotion except for his determination.

On the inside, he was an emotional mess; he had no idea how to talk anymore. Of course he could talk, but he just didn’t know what he could say. Spectre was probably mad at him, though he had no idea what she was thinking, he just kept his eyes peeled in the forward direction. He tried to keep his injuries safe from the vigorous wind that rushed around them, as much as possible at least. He knew one simple thing; this would change the life of his children, and Pitch Pine Trail forever. His neck wound was fairly clean, he made an effort to keep it that way, and it was just for the sake of having more time with his family. I’m so sorry that it came to this.

(This post was last modified: Aug 31, 2013, 09:25 AM by Shade.)
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
i meant to start this, i'm so sorry <3 life has been kind of hectic so i haven't been able to get on much :c ALSO SORRY FOR THE LENGTH HOLY CRAP i literally just wrote a novel omg XD
The ghostly yearling was terrified.
During his search for plants to add to his infirmary XIX had caught scent of Spectre and Shade along with a strange, coppery scent. When the Arctic had approached his Alpha about leaving for a few days the coffee-coloured leader mentioned that he was going to be absent for a few days, and for the young healer to visit his friend’s pack past the Heights. After deciding to collect to bulk of his herbs on his journey back, Lachesis had set out for the stranger’s pack; however, it was the alarming scent intertwined with Shade’s that had pulled him away from his travels. He had mentioned to Anastasia prior to leaving that he felt as though something was wrong, and the weight in his stomach burned furiously as he sprinted toward his Alpha.
When he finally reached Shade and his mate XIX had been in shock – the stench of blood was so strong it burned his nostrils, causing a lump to form in the back of his throat as he hesitantly approached the wounded leader. Dumbfounded, the boy’s stuttering had returned with a vengeance as he struggled to ask the muddy-eyed male what had happened to him. While the words dropped from his tongue the quickly gathered a mixture of cobwebs and mud to stop the blood flow, his heart nearly beating out of his chest as he moved frantically. It was the wound to his neck that the yearling was most concerned about – it was deep and ugly, whereas his other wounds were minor in comparison. If it was not for the cut to his neck the dark Alpha would had survived, but after inspecting the gouge along his neck Lachesis knew there was nothing he could do.
The young male had never felt so hopeless – as a healer it was his duty to fix others, to make sure that they would survive the wounds they received. He was supposed to save others, not watch them die. After cleaning the wound and applying an ointment made from the root of an Arnica plant he stumbled upon in Hush Meadow the pale yearling broke the news to the dark leader. While the ointment wouldn’t do much considering the severity of the wound, it would do enough to get Shade back across the Heights to see his children one last time. The thought broke the healer’s heart – how would Karpos and Adisla react? Their father, the only family they had, was going to be taken from them. Who would be in charge of the pack? And although he wasn’t particularly fond of Shade’s new mate, Nineteen did feel sorry for her – he could not imagine losing Anastasia.
At the start of their journey back home XIX had stumbled upon some Ergot while passing through the Meadow and had given some to the muddy-eyed leader to control the bleeding. He knew that they would never make it across the Heights if his neck continued to pour the coppery liquid. After applying a final layer of Arnica ointment, the yearling temporarily bandaged his wound with some cobwebs before they made the climb. XIX knew it wouldn’t hold, but it would help to keep his wound clean and reduce infection. He had brought some extra Ergot with him just in case, and kept a watchful eye on the wound as they slowly made their way back home.
His pearly coat was stained with the leader’s blood but the ghost could not be bothered to wash it off. XIX felt like a failure, but he knew that there was little he could do. It was not fair! He desperately wanted to fix the broken Alpha and mend his wound, but it was impossible. The most he could do was keep Shade comfortable during the journey and ensure that the wound remained clean; otherwise the leader would not make it to see his children. Lachesis knew that was the only thing keeping Shade going – to see his children one last time. A permanent frown had settled into his maw, head bowed as they continued silently through the Heights.
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Whisper who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

She had stayed at his side from the get-go. The moment he had woken, Spectre had not left him. The pale female with eyes the color of ice had remained at the dark pelted side of her mate as they struggled to return home. She assumed that by this point, Anastasia would had done as she was asked, and seen to the safety of the pack.. But that was a worry in the back of her mind. Instead, Spectre was far more concerned with Shade and his survival. Would he even survive? She had forgone hunting, except what she could scrounge up by ranging in short distances from the dark pelted male. Rabbit, a Grouse.. some squirrels or too-slow groundhogs.. They were not truly meals, but the wolf had other things on her mind. The arrival of Lachesis had been a welcome thing, and she had given the youth the space he needed to tend Shades wounds.

However, the moment that Lachesis stepped aside, Spectre once again took her place next to the Pitch Pine male, walking at the pace he set to match him, standing at the ready should he need an extra support. Night would find her curled up around his form, as close as she could get to keep him warm. She often licked the wounds that littered shade's hide, doing her best to keep them clean - unless of course, Lachesis forbade her from licking a wound he had doctored. Silence hung around the pale female, her thoughts wrapped in a never ending circle.. Shade would not live much longer, and she would be once again alone...Would she remain in the pack he founded? It was one of the rare moments she spoke, her tail giving a faint wag, eyes sliding to his form. "Shade..." Her voice cut short as she lowered her head with a whine, unable to do much more than press her side lightly into his, attempting to ghost her nose across his shoulder.

"Speak"
table by Whisper

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Say your prayers and stomp it out

Shade's eyes were calm as he saw Lachesis show up. He remembered the brief conversation, and how Shade made Lachesis go and get the herbs from Riddle Heights and beyond before taking Karpos out to explore, and he was now glad that he had. The healer started to work on his neck, and Shade knew at that point, just from the frown on the teenagers face, that he was not going to make it. It had been so stupid of him to attack after Elettra had missed, he should have ran. He had let his mind go blank, before giving a weak smile to Lachesis. "Lachesis, your timing is perfect." He said weakly before looking to his new mate, and the alpha female of Pitch Pine Trail that he truly did love with all his heart.

"I'm so sorry Spectre, it was stupid of me to fight her... she showed up.. at the Lagoon because I had made some kind of wrong turn... and she missed her first attack. I was just so mad at her... I attacked again and look how it turned out." He said with sadness, he hated everything, the fact that Lachesis was sad, the fact that Karpos and Adsila would grow up without a father for most of their lives, that fact that just as his heart had found a new wolf, he had to leave her. Everything was wrong and misplaced. "We need to get home... I need to see Karpos and Adsila. I need to talk to Ace." He said with almost an urgency. They were pressing on slowly, it had taken almost twice as long to get to the Riddle Heights as it normally did for him. If they were that slow on getting there, they would be slower getting over them. They had a long journey ahead of them.

Words: 302|| Tags: Lachesis and Spectre|| Notes: <3 ;-;
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
whisper your table is wonderful <3 and sad thread is sad :c right in the feels WORDS: 804
There were too many thoughts running through his mind for the slender healer to articulate words; every time he tried to speak, with his mouth hanging open in a soft ‘o’ shape, nothing came out. Words hesitated on the tip of his tongue, second guessing themselves as the yearling struggled to find something to say. What could he say? XIX knew better than to lie to the coffee-coloured leader and tell him that everything would be alright – they were both well aware that nothing was going to be okay. These injuries Shade had sustained had changed everything; Lachesis could feel the life he had grown accustom to slowly slipping away. To top it off, the muddy-eyed Alpha had been frighteningly calm throughout their travels; his persistence to see his children one last time was enviable and Nineteen would do whatever necessary to get him back to Pitch Pine Trail.
The silence weighing down on the three wolves was both comforting and alarming. Although XIX would have welcomed a conversation to distract himself from the reality of the situation he was also glad that neither Shade or Spectre were trying to force words out. While the healer was desperate to return the Alpha to his children he also wanted to take his time – XIX knew that if anymore strain was put on the wounded leader he would not make it back.
Lachesis was thankful that Spectre had listened to him when he asked her to keep her distance from his neck wound. It was remarkable how strong the bond between them was considering their short time together – it almost reminded him of the relationship he shared with Anastasia. While she respected the healer’s wishes to keep away from his fatal wound Spectre remained at the chocolate Alpha’s side at all times. When they stopped to rest she was glued to his side; she would tend to his minor wounds faithfully, although she was well aware that it wouldn’t do anything. Reality was settling in and Lachesis felt broken – Shade had given himself and Anastasia a home, and just as the young healer was growing close to the chocolate Alpha he was being ripped away. It was not fair – none of this was fair. A dryness settled in at the back of his throat as he pushed forward, pear eyes focused on the path before them.
His most reoccurring thoughts appeared as questions, each one causing the weight in his stomach to grow heavier.
Would Spectre remain in the pack once Shade was gone?
Who would be the leader?
Would Spectre maintain her role, or would another (Anastasia) step up?
How would Karpos and Adisla react? Who would watch over them?
Giving his head a quick shake, the lanky yearling attempted to push his thoughts aside. Answers would be given soon, but for now his attention needed to be on Shade and their lengthy journey over the Heights. His adventure outside the Trail had started off as a mission to gather herbs, but after his meeting with Anastasia prior to his departure Lachesis had promised the blue-eyed dove that he would keep a look-out for the missing Alpha’s. At the time he had been confident that everything was fine, but once he had caught their scent he knew it had been foolish to think so. He had tried to remain hopeful while inspecting Shade’s wounds, but it had been useless. There was no denying Shade’s inevitable fate. The yearling frequently cursed at himself for not reaching the Alpha sooner – perhaps if he had arrived earlier he would have been able to save the muddy-eyed male. If he had set out immediately after his meeting with Shade perhaps all of this could have been avoided…
It was difficult for Nineteen to believe that this was an act of fate – he believed that everything happened for a reason, no matter how bad or good, but what was the reason behind this? He had a family to take care of and a pack to tend to – why was everything falling apart? Filled with a strange bitterness the boy was torn away from his thoughts at Spectre’s voice, his brows narrowing as he turned to look over his shoulder. Lachesis wished that there was a way to bring the puppies over the Heights to see their father but he knew that Shade just wanted to go home. At least his final memories would be of his pack and the two wolves he loved the most.
He was frightened that the frown he had adopted would be forever etched across his muzzle, as the yearling found it impossible to smile after discovering Shade’s broken body. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“We’re almost there…” he murmured softly, voice barely above a whisper as he was mostly speaking to himself.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

She listened to Shade as he spoke, her ice blue eyes focusing on those of her dark mate. He apologized and she shook her head, falling silent as she thought of the...right words to say. There never were any 'right' words in this situation. "Shade..I..." Her head lowered as a whine slipped from her ebony lined lips, ears pressed firmly against her nape in sorrow. "I should have joined you...Together we could've stopped her...If...If I'dd just helped instead of stood on the sidelines, I could've saved you.."

The emotions of her heart, and the silent thought of who was to blame slipped from her muzzle. Spectre blamed neither Shade, nor Elettra. She blamed herself. She had arrived with enough time that she might have been able to make a difference.. She should have thrown herself between the fighting pair, tried to stop them. But, she had been too scared, too concerned for her own hide that she had done nothing but stand, stand by and watch the female bestow a fatal blow to the male she only knew in recent months. "I'm sorry, Shade..I..I could've saved your life.." She contracted her words for the first time, her usual 'proper' manner of speaking tossed otu the window in light of the current situation.

How would Lachesis react to that revelation? Technically, there were five wolves that had been there, Shade and Elettra. Elettra's two pack mates, and herself. Realistically, had Spectre indeed gotten involved, the other two likely would have joined the fight as well, but that was not where her mind was staying. Instead, she blamed herself for the leaders current condition. "We'll make it back, Shade. You'll be able to see your pups.." Lachesis was right, they were almost home. She worried whether the male would make it back to Pitch Pine Trail or not.. But, if they didn't, they were close enough now that she was certain one of the two able bodied wolves would be able to call the pack and bring them to Shade if need be.

"Speak"
table by Whisper

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Shade shook his head when Spectre spoke about how she should have jumped in, he refused to let her feel sorry about what had happened to him, so he responded to her in a caring voice. "No Spectre, you did the right thing by not stepping in. Those two other wolves would have ganged up on you and you would be hurt like I am. It was a good thing that you stayed out of the fight. It would not have changed anything if you had jumped in. That fight had to be between me and Elettra, or else I would have lost unfairly, or even if it had changed anything, I would have won unfairly." He whispered, the entire thing from his heart. While he hated Elettra as much as she hated him, he could not and would not bear to beat or kill her {if he had won} because it was unfair.

Shade had been worried the entire time Spec was there, because he didn't want her to get hurt, and now she was blaming herself for her not stepping in and getting hurt. He could not allow that to happen... ever. "Everything remained a pari passu fight." He said, as they started off. He wanted to get home, and Lachesis was right, they were almost home. "We're on that final leg. I need you both to promise me something though... for when I do inevitably pass. I need you to promise me that you will make sure Karpos and Adsila have fun and adventure in their life. they need to grow up with a normal life, as normal as it can be."
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
words 637
While his pear gaze remained focus on the path before them, the gangly yearling kept an ear tuned to the conversation going on behind him. Feeling as though he was intruding, XIX quickened his pace to give some privacy to the pair. Time was running out for the injured leader and Lachesis knew that he would want to spend as much time with his loved ones as he could. It frightened the yearling to think that Shade would no longer be a part of his life – it just wasn’t fair. Why did Death have to take him away so soon? He had children to care for, a pack to lead… it just didn’t make sense. Anger swelled within his stomach, bubbling into his chest and consuming his mind. Not only was the teenager angry at Death for stealing away the chocolate Alpha, but he was also angry at himself. Why wasn’t he able to save Shade? If he had arrived a few moments earlier perhaps Shade would have survived… was his medicinal knowledge not enough? Was there a plant that could have saved the Alpha from his injuries?
He was drowning in his own thoughts, tears threatening to spill from his burning eyes as he swallowed hard. Never had the yearling felt so angry and useless in his short life. Would Karpos and Anastasia be disappointed in him for not doing enough? Would they be angry with the healer for not being able to save the Alpha of Pitch Pine Trail? He bowed his head in defeat, the weight in his stomach nearly unbearable as he trudged forward. They needed to get home, as quickly and safely as possible. Shade needed to be with his children, and Spectre. Not with some pathetic healer who couldn’t save him. Did the dark Alpha resent the young Arctic for not being able to do enough?
With each step he took the youth became more and more angry with himself. Shade was going to die because Nineteen hadn’t been able to save him. With a sullen expression etched across his maw the boy slowed down his pace as the chocolate leader addressed him and Spectre. He nodded slowly in response, throat tight with emotion as he struggled to find words to reply properly. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I promise, Shade,” he finally managed, voice void of his infamous stuttering. The ghost was exhausted – both mentally and physically. He desperately wanted to return to Pitch Pine Trail – not only so Shade could be with his family, but so Lachesis could be with his. Everything made sense when he was with his blue-eyed china doll and the yearling yearned for her comfort.
The distance between the trio and the Fen was growing thinner; however, his concern for the wounded Alpha began to increase. He glanced over his shoulder once more, brows furrowed as he studied Shade for a moment. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“Would you like to r-rest once more before we make our w-way down?” XIX was worried that if Shade pushed himself too much he wouldn’t make it back to the pack den. Slowing down his pace, the yearling turned to inspect the deep wound along the leader’s neck, a grimace etched against his lips. Without a word Nineteen slunk away, nose hovering inches above the ground as he searched for the fungus {Ergot} he had used previously. Wandering away from the pair, the boy spotted some clinging to a small patch of vegetation. After gently removing some of the fungus, Lachesis returned to the muddy-eyed male with an attempted hopeful expression. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“Take some of this,” he offered in a soft voice as he placed the Ergot on the ground. While it was too late for Shade to be saved, the plant would help to reduce his bleeding while they made their way down Riddle Heights.
(This post was last modified: Sep 04, 2013, 01:28 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
[Have to get Shade's last post up, sorry for skipping you Whisper. Tribute to significant wolves in his life in the lore]

Shade nodded to Lachesis, the suggestion to rest was a good one. Although he wanted to get home as soon as he could, he needed to make sure he was physically capable of getting home first. He slowly sat down, and curled up in a ball. His eyes slowly closed as sleep overcame him. He remembered so fondly the memories he had of everyone. There was the memories of Rosealia, most of them sweet, some of them not. There was Shadowstorm, oh how he did miss his sister with all of his heart. It had been a shame that she had passed on, but he guessed he would see her soon. There was Narime, his long standing friend, and her mate whom he had only met once. He figured they would be doing well by themselves, Nari could always take care of herself.

There was Skana, Elettra, Guiness and Kiche, all bad memories stuck with him, and their names just sent a shiver down his spine. There was Nina, while he liked the woman, she particularly disliked him because of what he had done in his past, and her mate Koda, another great memory.... until Koda had lost his memory. That led him up to almost every Pitch Pine Trail member. There was Capella, whom was the first one to tag onto the cause that he and Rose had started, and then there was Ace, whom was the first male to join the ranks and one of Shade's most trusted packmates, the second underneath him, soon to be leader. There was Naia, he had met her on the mountains and hadn't had much interaction with her, but she was kind and respectful none the less. There was Anastasia, the woman that he owed her the lives of Karpos and Adsila, she had saved him and he couldn't help but feel dreadful that so soon after Pitch Pine Trail had started, he had dethroned her for Spectre. There was Kasimir whom he had met little, and though the male did not speak good English, he was loyal all the same. There was the man he had never met, Beelzebub, but Spectre spoke ill of him, Shade could not judge him, he had never met him. Lachesis, the healer whom he cared for like a son, brother, family. Lach had done his best and that was all he cared about.

Lastly, there was Karpos, Adsila and Spectre. Spectre, his mate, the one who stayed by him no matter what and was there to save him from drowning to death. Karpos and Adsila, his only children and the loves of his life. They alone would carry on the Slayer name after he inevitably passed on.

[ { EXIT } ]
(This post was last modified: Sep 09, 2013, 08:15 PM by Shade.)
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

Silence began to rule in the pale females thoughts as they tried to get Shade to make it over the mountains so he could return home. Finally, when they could rest, she found the need to curl up next to him, trying her hardest to be a comfort to the male on a journey she knew he might not even manage to make. If she could have summoned the pack up to the mountain top, she might have tried. Perhaps it would have prolonged his life a little instead of the exertion he'd need to descend the mountain back into Pitch Pine Lands. Spectre looked at Lachesis before she rested her muzzle on the dark hide of her mate, struggling to keep a whine from emitting itself from her jaws. As Shade caved to sleep, Spectre found that she was unable to do the same. Instead, she remained awake, listening to every sound he made. The labored breathing, or the soft sound of the flies and gnats as they swarmed some of the wounds even though Lachesis had cleaned them. Annoyance and anger at the situation began to take root. She hated Shade in that moment. Hated him for being so stupid. She hated this..female, Roselia for causing this.

Spectres eyes closed so she could be alone with her thoughts, but she did not sleep. Instead, she let her mind wander back to the short, but enjoyable time she had with Shade. She would cherish those memories, that much she knew. But would they inevitably be tainted with the anger she felt building?

{Exit}

"Speak"
table by Whisper