(See All?) Announcements
575 Users Online
Google, Bing

The Final Chapter — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

She was tired after hunting. Why was it always that she would spend so much effort catching rabbits when they would never fill her belly? Maybe I could give one each to the kids. She wondered if she should have brought them along. They were growing so fast! Titan, Malia, and Yuka all had spindly legs and disproportionate bodies. She had noticed some time ago how their eyes had all changed too. Yuka and Malia's changed the most from a powder puppy blue to the amber of their father. Though Yuka's amber was a deeper darker than his sister yellow amber. Then there was Titan who had changed from puppy blue to a pool-like watery blue. Nari marveled at how his eyes would change color flashing that purple hue in different light conditions. Their fur was a little different too. Shaggier but still fluffy. It was most evident in Titan where the silver began to show along his body overlapping the boys dark underfur.

They seem strong enough to run with me for a little while. Maybe... She stopped herself, four rabbits hanging from her tired jaws. Not today anyway. I'm too tired. Shaking her head the woman started towards the hill that hid the cave just under it. She wondered if @Kieth was still watching the pups. She had left the cave earlier that morning to hunt leaving Kieth the job of pup sitting. Though the woman had also spotted her elderly uncle snoozing near the back of the cave. I'm sure he has enough interest in them to keep watch too. Though she was unsure if the little ones needed two babysitters.

Narimé continued forward padding towards the den with her offering of rabbits for her children. While her head was on the topic of Tokino the silver wolf had to wonder how he and Minka had been surprised by a bull elk in the first place. Those things weren't exactly stealthy with their forked hooves and heavy bodies. Perhaps the older male was getting elderly after all. Though she'd never asked him his age, the she wolf had guessed around five or six.

As she reached the cave and deposited her prey into the cache Narimé noticed Tokino nearby the pups. Seeing him so at ease and comfortable with her little one's made the young mothers heart warm. At least now she could trust him to look after them. Quite unlike when they had first met.

"Hey, how's your back doing?" Narimé approached from the far end of the cave and sat down relaxing to Kino's left side. Their mixed gray pelts only barely touched as she settled herself and lay down beside the Lagina wolf.

(This post was last modified: Sep 04, 2013, 06:34 PM by Narimé.)

Played by TABs who has 170 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina
what you don't know, won't hurt you
Tokino Lagina
what you can't see, won't blind you
Tokino didn't really know the other male who was watching the pups today. He didn't really want to know, all he wanted to do was speak with the pups or maybe tell them a story if they wanted it. However he was reluctant to head on over to the other male and say "Hi there!" So for quite some time Kino kept to himself near the right wall of the cave opposite of the pups. He was sure someone would try and head out to explore though. Then he would have his chance with the pups.

Noon came and fortunately for the pair of babysitters none of the pups seemed to want to go outside and play. Fidgeting with his own need to move and do something Tokino finally stood up, stretched, and padded cautiously over to the other male and the pups. He dipped his head respectfully and lowered his tail a bit in submission. If this is a pack mate then I should get a name in and such..

Howdy. My name is Tokino Lagina. What's yours friend. Kino tried to break the ice and get some kind of conversation started between them. He hoped that with this males age he would be the respectful kind like himself. But every once in a while you can find an aged wolf who's still a damn fool. Kino hoped this wolf wouldn't be an ass like most younger wolves were these days.

After receiving an answer he tilted his head to the side a bit and grinned for two reasons. One, the wolf could smell Narimé's scent upon the wind that swept into the cave, and two it was nice to be friendly with pack mates. Supposedly... Smells like your mothers brought you lunch. Kino's iced eyes swept over the younger pups wondering if any of them would answer.

When she approached he was surprised to see Nari with such a relaxed pose. Though I suppose I've already been around the pups for a little while now. Maybe I've finally gained a bit of trust back from her. Kino smiled up at the woman then watched as she lay beside him.

My backs been better. You should be more worried about Minka though not an older wolf like me. He answered then closed his eyes contemplating what to do next. Now that his little niece was here Kino could leave and stretch his legs even just for a bit. However right this moment he was a little too comfortable to move.

So.... I'm glad to finally have met Sloane. He started to break the ice between them. I believe you chose well with him. He sighed wondering if Marianna would have respected Nari's choice in mate. She'd more likely say no one's the right choice for her daughter. the man chuckled silently in his head.

Does he have any other family a part from you and the pups? This bit of information was crucial to the older wolf. At least for him who valued honor, respect, and nobility in his family. Kino wanted to like the Thorben's wherever they might be located.

(This post was last modified: Sep 04, 2013, 08:25 PM by Tokino.)

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

When Tokino answered about his back the silver wolf shrugged. "If she's being looked after by Elettra than I know Minka will be okay." she blinked a few times then let out a loud yawn.

Looking around the den quietly Nari felt her eyes droop a little. A nap sounded good right about now. However the sound of her uncles voice caught the young womans attention. "Oh yeah, I forgot you had never gotten to speak with him till recently." an image within her mind of her russet mate standing beside her like a noble knight of justice almost made the girl swoon right then and there. He was everything she could hope for, and everything that she had to live for all rolled into one massive handsome wolf.

"Yeah. He was one of the best choices I've made in my life so far." She answered quickly hoping the platinum male hadn't noticed her daydreaming for a few seconds. Then her ears twitched as Kino asked a question about Sloane's family.

"Mhmm. Yes from what I know he has a brother and a sister named Guiness and Tempest Thorben. Though I'm not sure of anyone else. That's something to ask him about." She answered the best she could. Though Nari was also curious as to the rest of his family. She'd never really asked him about them.

"Hey, remember the stuff you told me, about my da's family? Well what about ma and her side of the family? How many wolves are there?" She let the questions roll out instead of keeping them hidden. In this situation, she told herself, It's fine to ask him about them since that was what he originally wanted to help me with right? The silver wolf blinked away her tiredness and looked sideways at Tokino waiting an answer.

Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina
Tokino Lagina
Tokino sighed. He knew that Narimé would get interested in the rest of her family at some point. However the Lagina side of her family he knew much better, and there were many wolves in his family.

First I will tell you of the pack where I came from for the Lagina family still thrives today unlike your RiverRunner ancestors. He raised his head proudly showing off the silver fur he had acquired from his fathers father.

Last I knew before I left on my own journey my cousin Raiguk Eui Lagina was ruling with his mate Teresa Anne as alphas over Mountain Rose Pack. That's the pack where the Lagina family wolves have ruled for generations. He explained quickly then allowed for a small silence so the she wolf would be able to register the names in her own memory.

My mother, your grandmother Flower Fall, stepped down from leadership after your grandfather Yakova Lagina died...He pausd tipping his gray head downwards. My father was a good noble wolf, just like your Sloane Thorben. He ruled for nine solid years as alpha. No one dared to challenge him. Kino closed his eyes remembering the pale form of his fathers platinum fur against the blue sky. He was sure that the elder Lagina was sorely missed. He had been a good alpha.

Then your great uncle Marcus "Red" Lagina took over as alpha for quite some time. His first mate Stella Star died giving birth and none of her pups survived. I feel bad for how unlucky uncle Red was. His second mate Maple Storm died about six months after she gave birth to little boy Raiguk Eui Lagina and little girl Bark Nakpa Lagina. Though the third time was the charm with Red while taking his third mate Tula Sky. She was alive when I left bearing him a son and a daughter Kova Yani Lagina and Nyna Lagina. Tokino listed of the names easily from his memory. So far Nari had been doing well in remembering her family and their names. Had she been born in Mountain Rose pack she probably would be learning under me as a "Keeper of Names" within the family... He thought glad to see that he wasn't the only one who ha the ability to remember faces and names surprisingly well.

Of our family still residing within the pack consists of your grandmother Flower Fall, your aunt Keema Lagina, your great uncle Marcus Lagina, great aunt Tula Sky, and their children Kova Yani Lagina, Raiguk Eui Lagina, Bark Nakpa Lagina, and the female who is mated into the family Teresa Anne. He recalled the last dramatic events that had unfolded just before he'd left the pack to search for his sister. How the younger stronger Kova Lagina male had triumphed over older injured Marcus.

(This post was last modified: Jul 21, 2014, 07:31 AM by Tokino.)

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

At the first sign of the grizzled males response Narimé tilted her body forward to listen. Though after his first comment noting her father's side of the family she quietly ignored Kino's rudeness. Even if it annoyed her she would not comment back on it until the male was finished talking. If only to respect his age over her mere two years.

Kova Yani Lagina? Teresa Anne? I hope the rest of the names aren't so... unique. It's hard to remember unique names unless I've actually met a wolf. She sat quietly waiting for her uncle to continue. She repeated the names a few times, including the Lagina's pack name, so that she could think back upon it for later.

Then he told her of Yakova and Flower Fall. The silver female nodded her head listening intently pushing her nose forward to comfort the male should he need it after mentioning about Yakova's death. The number of years her grandfather had ruled for was astonishing. Her jaw almost fell open hearing that bit.

"Nine years? How old was he when he died?" Her question escaped from her parted mouth before Nari realized that it might be a hurtful one. She waited for an answer nodding solemnly still shocked at her grandfathers longevity.

Then Tokino quickly went on to the next group of her family. She wondered quietly how a wolf would be able to lose two mates in a row and still be able to take a third. It had to have been hard for him and his children... She thought wondering about that great uncle she might never get the chance to meet. Though the silver woman was glad to hear that Marcus's children seemed to be doing well. So much so that the oldest male had taken over the pack.

"Is that really all of my family?" She asked recalling that besides Tokino she had an aunt named Keema and a grandmother who was apparently still alive and kicking someplace outside of lore. The young alpha turned her gaze back to the forest wondering if her new family would ever grow as large as the rest of the Lagina's pack. I still have Sloane thankfully, and my pups now. Her eyes closed remembering the few weeks where her childrens eyes had suddenly changed from blue to amber. Well almost all of them. Titan still held her blue gaze which thrilled the silver wolf to no end.

The wolfs tail shivered then flicked once out behind her before Nari turned to look at Tokino again. He had some distant look in his eyes that she recognized. It was a look she had very often when living within Willow Ridge. A look she still held once in a while.

Wanderlust...

"I hope you don't plant on leaving too soon old man. I probably won't remember everyone's name after just one teaching session." She teased lightly giving the silver male a small smirk with a raised brow.

(This post was last modified: Jun 04, 2014, 02:13 AM by Narimé.)

Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina
Tokino Lagina
Ah yes..My father was 11 years of age when death finally claimed him. the gray males answer to his young nieces question was quick and to the point. Tokino did not want to dwell upon the matter. In fact the gray man had jerked away from Nari's gesture of comfort a few moments before. He could not be comforted by one so young who knew naught of the worlds hardships.

Her next question caught him off guard. Is that all? He chuckled silently in his head then allowed his black jaws to open in answer. There were many others who are all dead from old age, injury, or illness. I only spoke of the closest family you have that I know of. He answered tilting his head to the side while a crisp breeze teetered upon his platinum mane.

I had three sisters, two of whom are dead now. One was your mother, the other was Yalua Lagina, and the third who last I knew was alive had left the pack. Her name was DarkWind Lagina. Kino could not say much else about his brazen darker sister. She had left home as soon as the chance had presented itself to her. All the male could hope for was that she was alive and having a good life.

Actually I noticed before that each of your pups looks like a family member of ours in the Lagina family. Titan looks exactly like my blackish sister DarkWind, Yuka looks just like Keema though he has his fathers eyes, then you look just like your mother. Malia is the only one who does not resemble a Lagina. She mirrors her proud father greatly. He commented smiling as the older wolf spoke of the children.

Then Nari spoke of his leaving. It surprised him a little that she had caught that desire in his eyes. True to himself Tokino did love to travel. He only hoped that at some point his body would accept a certain place as its home and stay put.

I was thinking of leaving soon. He confessed though smiled a little at the younger womans teasing voice. Perhaps he'd make her go over the family names a few more times before he left. However Kino was sure it was soon time for his leave.

Truth is, you don't really need me here. Your family is doing well enough on its own. You have guardians, pup sitters, hunters, and scouts. My presence will not benefit this pack. He concluded letting a small twinkle of sadness pass into his gaze. He would miss seeing his sisters form within Nari passing by him every day, and the laughter while Inali teased him day by day. However Kino knew he would have to let go. I need to be of use to someone, a real benefit to a pack. the males voice rumbled on.

(This post was last modified: Oct 31, 2013, 03:48 AM by Tokino.)

Played by Mily who has 369 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Hope you dont mind me jumping inxD

Inali had been doing her usual run around the borders, making sure to keep the borders well marked so whoever passsed, loner or otherwise, would know that these were pack lands. She had decided to take a little break, since she had been up and running since morning, and it was now getting close to noon.

Her long legs slowing to a comfortable walk, the young woman headed in the direction of the communal den. Hearing the pups excited yips and yaps made her heart grow warm. She finally had a family, maybe not by blood, but she still considered them {as in the pack} her family.

Her brown ears pricked forward even more as she heard a familiar voice. Was that Kino, with maybe Kieth? She did not know Kieth very well, but thinking of the old man made a grin appear across her maw. She dare say that she had come to care for him--like a playful niece with an elderly uncle. Or maybe even a daughter with a father, but she was leaning more with the niece/uncle type of relationship. Whichever it was, she knew he would be leaving soon. She wasn't naive to think that he would stay forever. It was obvious that she would miss him dearly, but nevertheless, she hoped he would prolong his stay in Whisper Caverns just a tad bit longer. She wanted to spend more time with the old geezer before his inevitable departure.

Nearing the den site, her ears once again picked up a familiar voice. The tone of Narime, her alpha. It seemed like they were having a conversation, but Inali couldn't hear what they were saying. Entering the scene, she caught the last few words that Tokino had uttered to their alpha.

Truth is, you don't really need me here. Your family is doing well enough on its own. You have guardians, pup sitters, hunters, and scouts. My presence will not benefit this pack. I need to be of use to someone, a real benefit to a pack.

He was leaving? But he couldn't, not so soon! Padding forwards, her paws silent as always, unexpected moisture pricked at her eyelids.

Forcing her head downward, she searched for a distraction as she didn't want the pair to see her teary eyes. Blinking hard, her eyes landed on the nearest pup, Yuka. A small smile graced her maw, and she nuzzled his fur softly in an affectionate greeting. She had grown quite attached to this pup.

Glad to feel that her eyes were not tearing up anymore, she finally made her presence known. "Your leaving, old man?" Her tone was planned to come out teasing, but the sadness that she felt towards his departure leaked into her tone. Lifting her head, she walked towards Nari and Kino, her movements naturally smooth and graceful. Bowing her head in a sign of respect to her alpha, the woman laid next to Kino. "Planning to leave without a goodbye to me? Your up in years Kino, I thought you knew better than to be rude to family." This time the young scout's voice did come out as teasing, but there was no mistaking the slight light of sadness that had taken over in her usually bright, blue orbs.

[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Absolutely fine. I needed another to join in anyway.

She could hardly believe that a wolf had lived to 11 years. The oldest the young wolf had probably met during her travels was the old female named Skana from Willow Ridge.

Time passed as Nari listened quietly as the older male spoke and took in eachof his sisters names. Marianna Lagina, her own mother, Yalua, Keema, and DarkWind Lagina. The silver she wolf wondered if Tokino had been tortured by his sisters when he was just a pup. Since he'd apparently been the only male of his litter. However in the young womans imagination Nari could only see Kino being protective over his family. I wonder if he's sad about how his sisters lives had occurred. The thought confused Nari a little. She did not have many wolves she could call siblings. Nowadays only @Tempest, @Guiness, and Sloane's other siblings could be called her own now. Even so, Narimé would never feel what it was like to have that loyalty to your brother or sister.

Soon Tokino began speaking of her own children. Of how much they reminded him of his family. Nari nodded raising her head and wagging her tail a little. The young mother was so proud of her little ones, and to hear that they looked both Thorben and Lagina made her happy. It was when he answered her question on his leaving that the happiness slipped away.

The silver alpha had come to know only a few things of her uncle. He annoyed her, angered her even at times. However she had secretly been relieved and happy to know that she wasn't completely alone. That some of her blood relatives (apart from her children) were still around and cared to know about her. Now to see that blood relative wanting to leave made a bittersweet taste crop into her mouth. She was glad the annoying uncle was leaving but sad at the same time, and for some reason Nari did not want to see the old man go. At least not during the harsh winter season. The pack had fattened him up sure, but winter was cruel even to healthy wolves.

Inali broke Narimé's thoughts. Her bluish purple eyes turned to the light blue of her scouts gaze revealing a troubled alpha underneath Nari's calm face. Watching Inali quietly turn her attention to Yuka first, then padding closer to join in the conversation.

Listening to Inali's voice made the silver hunter feel warm inside. She hadn't been the only one to grow close to the older male.

"I too wish you could at least stay the winter. You of all wolves should know how harsh and cruel the cold winters are." She tried giving the male an excuse to stay other than tutoring herself in their family line. Truth be told staying for the winter was a very good excuse for any wolf to stay in a pack.

Played by Mily who has 369 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

The air around them was of silence, and Inali preferred that because it allowed her with much needed time to think. There was winter to worry about, pups to care for, borders to keep strong. She didn't how she would deal with the coming weeks of stress that lay ahead. But one way or another, they would all get through it. No one would be lost this winter.

Her attentive ears cocked forward to hear what her alpha was saying. She had been deep in thought, but had made sure to keep her ears alert for either Tokino's or Nari's voice. Or any other person or threat in close proximity.

"I too wish you could at least stay the winter. You of all wolves should know how harsh and cruel the cold winters are."

The young woman nodded her consent, and was quick to open her maw to speak her own thoughts. But then quickly shut it. It was a good lesson to learn to think before you spoke. She wanted to say something that would convince the man, though at the same time didn't want to pressure him into staying.

Blinking once, Inali spoke. "Nari's right Kino. You don't want to be a lone wolf in the middle of winter. It's awful, I've lived through it friend. There is barely a source of steady food in the warmer months, now think of winter. I barely survived. I don't want to go off for a hunt or something, and find you dead." Her words were bluntly stated, but true. She kept her voice low as she didn't want the pups to hear her morbid thoughts.

The girl might've been young, but she was smart. Though she also felt like she had crossed the line. "Forgive me Tokino. I should not speak so bluntly, and even though you are lower in rank, you are still my elder. I was not brought up to disrespect my superiors in age. You are older than I, so I'm pretty sure you have survived your fair share of winters. You know your limits." She bent her muzzle so that it gently met his. It was a sign of apology.

Pulling away, she once again laid her head on her paws. Her eyes were trained protectively onto the pups, while her ears were attentive for a response.

(This post was last modified: Nov 13, 2013, 02:35 PM by Inali.)
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]

Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina
You can skip Narimé if you want :)

Tokino Lagina
Kino sniffed discouragingly towards the females. Their whining bothered him greatly sometimes. Although most young wolves whining bothered the male. Pups are fine, but grown wolves shouldn't wine so much... He thought letting a little growl slip through his lips.

I'm not leaving yet! He snapped his jaws quickly throwing a hard stare in Inali's direction and then turning to Nari a few seconds later. Lowering his gray ears to the sides of his gray crown Tokino listened as the females spoke back and forth voicing their concerns without letting him get a word in. It was enough to drive a male bonkers being surrounded by cutesy estrogen filled little girls.

Yes Nari...Inali, I know how harsh the winters are. I've lived through plenty of winters on my own. So thank you for not noticing my age girls... He growled lightly chuckling at the pair as their voices verbally attacked his ears. I know how to live alone through winter, I have done it before. He threw this sharp comment towards Narimé as she stood there gawking at him.He didn't spare a glance for Inali since she plainly voiced herself on trying to be respectful.

Besides I never said anything about leaving during winter you daffy bats.. The male raised his chin closing his eyes trying to look strong in front of the ladies. I'm not stupid. If your pack has enough food to support me through winter I'll be staying until Spring. He growled sternly not letting Narimé get a chance to object.

Oh and Inali's previous comment reminded me about something. Kino shook his ruff then lowered his head keeping with the submissive pose he was supposed to use in front of both higher ranking girls. You don't seriously expect me to stay happy as the lowest ranking wolf do you? He growled softly towards the silver female. While its true I somewhat deserved it I'm sure Nari has come around to realize that her father wasn't the hero in the story, but a thief and women stealing bastard. She should see my reasoning for hating him so much at least. Since that was the reason she put me in this position. He thought quietly while waiting for the she wolf to answer.

Though there is the problem of the second in command. If she says I can only rank up by challenging him then there's going to be a problem. I haven't even met the guy yet let alone do I know his strengths or weaknesses. Kino mused silently thinking over how to up his position so that he wouldn't have to bow so low ALL THE DAMN TIME...

(This post was last modified: Nov 20, 2013, 03:55 AM by Tokino.)