(See All?) Announcements
737 Users Online
Bing, Baidu, Google

A Perfect Tourniquet — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Allie who has 171 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mirren Tainn
Feel free to add one last post, or if you want you can just archive / I wanted to wrap this one up, but am down for another thread if you'd like :)

The words that then came from Nina caught him a bit off guard. She'd told him of Secret Woodlands and its connection to Copper Rock Creek, but he realized as she made her offer that he'd failed to think about who the thicket pack's leader was. If Nina was to offer him a place among them, it surely meant that she was high-up enough in its ranks to have some say. He was generally a good judge when it came to others, but Nina was so kind and seemingly at peace that he wasn't sure what to make of her just yet. Either way, his instinct was clawing at him to take her up on it. What better a place for him to be than with her and those who were really not so different from him, who might even know him.

No doubt Nios wouldn't like his brother making a decision without him, but joining a pack wasn't really his intention when he'd set out in the dark from the spring only hours ago. If nothing else, he knew it would be better to ask for forgiveness than permission this time around, and Mirren was responsible enough not to ignore the ravaging ache of hunger that was tearing him apart from the inside out. When Nina reached out to give him a reassuring touch he couldn't help but to tense at first, but the warmth of her against his skin was a sensation he hadn't felt in weeks. It was soothing, and more soothing to think of her as a pack mate, leader or not. Her offer ultimately meant safety and interaction, and food, and he wasn't beyond accepting. "I'd like that, and I won't let you or your pack down. As long as Nios can stay, I pledge my loyalty to you and yours," he breathed with quiet resolution, looking over his shoulder into the shadows of night that seemed that much darker when he considered how lonely it was out there, before turning to lick her submissively and affectionately along the line of her jaw and chin.

In the morning he would find Nios or be found by him, but tonight, he was Nina's.

[Mirren out!/end]
(This post was last modified: Sep 04, 2013, 06:51 AM by Mirren.)
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The golden brown woman let him wallow in his own thoughts for as long as he needed, watching with silent fascination. He looked much like his father and the resemblance was breathtaking. He had been by far the most handsome of Aeylen and Ruiko’s litter. It was when he answered her that she felt her heart lift a little and a gracious, kind smile pulled on her lips as she looked upon her former alphas’ son, his promise to her loud and clear and she could not deny him or Nios such a thing as home. They wanted a family and Nina wanted them to return to her…to her family. Nodding her head, she touched his forehead lightly, "Both of you will be welcomed here…welcome home, Mirren." She accepted his submission and leaned down to gently, but firmly, tug on a tuft of fur on his muzzle, accepting him as hers. She then stepped back, mentioning him towards her home.

She was generally happy and once he was settled he would be able to set back out to find his brother, if his brother didn’t end up finding them first. Throughout the next several hours she showed Mirren the ups and downs of their territory and where to find certain things before sending him on his way to rest. She then perched on her throne above the fallen tree, looking through her territory, no doubt wondering who and what was going to be coming next. Whether it be good or bad they would be ready…and they would be watching.

Done!
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.