Google, Adora, Sophrosnia, Bing

weight of living
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
words 513
@Karpos<3
Since returning to Pitch Pine Trail with the wounded Alpha and his mate the spider-legged yearling hadn’t been able to sleep. While his eyelids were heavy with the threat of oncoming sleep Lachesis could not settle his thoughts. Guilt boiled within his stomach, consuming the young healer as he paced the pack territory. The events of the past few days were constantly replaying in his mind, along with things that the ghost could have done differently. If he had arrived a few moments earlier he might have been able to save the coffee-coloured Alpha… if only he had run faster… or left a day earlier. It was his fault that Shade wasn’t going to make it – what use was a healer if he couldn’t do his job properly?
The pines that made up the Trail had caused the yearling to feel claustrophobic and before he could seek the company of his blue-eyed dove XIX left to clear his thoughts. More importantly, the broken teenager simply wanted to be alone (for now). He was terrified of what was going to happen after Shade passed, as well as angry at himself for not being able to save the dark Alpha. Everything he had grown accustom to over the past few months was about to change, and Lachesis didn’t know to respond. It had taken weeks for him and Anastasia to find the perfect pack to join, and once he had finally gotten settled in and felt as though he belonged somewhere, it was being ripped away from him.
Not only did he feel guilty for not being able to save Shade, but he also felt guilty for wanting to be alone. He knew that he should be spending time with the pack – his family – but XIX felt as though they would be angry with him for not being able to save their Alpha. He was angry at himself, why should the other pack members feel any differently? His eyes burned as he ran, long legs stretching before him as he put distance between himself and the Trail. The weight that had made itself home within his stomach since discovering Shade grew heavier as he moved, tongue lolled from the side of his mouth as his chest heaved with each breath. Eventually the yearling collapsed, spider legs crumpling beneath him as he reached the Brook. A sigh rolled off his tongue as he inched closer to the edge of the slow-moving water, pear eyes focused on the smooth surface. His coat was a mess, covered in a mixture of mud (used to prevent Shade’s wound from bleeding out) and the dark leader’s blood. Defeated, the boy leaned forward to lap at the cool water, brows furrowed as he avoided looking at his reflection.
After arriving at the Fen the meandering body of water had been Nineteen’s favourite place to escape to – the forest was muted here, allowing the youth to be completely alone with his thoughts. However, today the boy wanted nothing more than to escape the thoughts that tormented his mind…
(This post was last modified: Sep 04, 2013, 02:23 AM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Karpos Slayer
i lost my heart along the way

Karpos had been rather confused of late. When his da had returned, he had forgotten the most vital source of information he could have told him. The only ones who knew that his ma was back were him and Silver. He was biting at the nail to tell someone about it. The pup was so excited, and he understood that his ma had no control over leaving, and that she did it to protect them. With all of that, he felt safe and secure despite his da's state of mind and his injuries. He had been walking alone, thinking about what he could do to make his da stay with them longer, to reunite with his ma. But he couldn't figure out how to tell him that his exmate was back.

He came across a familiar scent, one he recognized to be Uncle Lachesis! He always enjoyed the young man's company, and they were the best of friends. He ran up to him, his tail wagging, forcing himself to forget about his da for the moments he had. "UNKEL LACHSISE! YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENED!" He yowled out in overall excitement as he nuzzled the front left leg of his uncle. "SoSilverandIwereinVerdantMosseswhenwecameacrossascent!" He said in rapid repetition. Then he calmed down a bit and said it slowly. "So Auntie Silver and I were in the mossy place near here, and I was followin this scent and you'll never guess who I found!" The excitement made him bouncing off the walls. He loved his ma, and he wanted to make sure Pitch Pine Trail loved her too.

table by mimi
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
words 389
He could feel himself falling in and out of sleep as time passed, pear gaze unfocused through heavy eyelids as he struggled to stay awake. As much as his body yearned for sleep XIX needed to stay awake. What if Spectre (or Shade) called him while he was sleeping and he was unable to come to the chocolate Alpha’s aide? There would be time for sleep later, but right now the healer needed to remain alert and focused. With a wide yawn stretching his jaws apart, the zombie turned his sluggish head toward the crashing sound behind him. Brows narrowing the yearling grew tense, long legs ready to launch himself away from the brook, until a familiar scent slapped against his nostrils. As a sigh rattled off his tongue, the sluggish yearling slowly pushed himself into a sitting position as the distance decreased between XIX and the Pitch Pine prince.
While Lachesis was ecstatic to be in the company of his ‘nephew’ his reaction was subdued as the youth approached, his voice breaking the silence that had comfortably settled around the lanky Arctic. Listening patiently to the pup’s enthusiastic banter XIX applied a quick lick to the dark prince’s forehead. His licorice lips remained sewn shut as he waited for Karpos to calm down, his voice slowing as he repeated himself once more. Through narrowed brows the yearling studied the frantic child, worry building up inside his chest as Karp paused once more, leaving a cliffhanger for Lachesis to fret about. Who had he found? Was it the wolf who attacked his father, had she come back to finish off the chocolate Alpha? No… if it had been Elettra the pup would have been in a frenzy… no, this was excitement. Whoever Karpos had run into was someone good, not someone who would cause him – or the other members of Pine Pitch – harm.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“Who did you f-find, K-Karpy?” He winced as his voice cracked, the final words stuttering off his tongue as he questioned his nephew. His voice sounded strange – distant – from lack of use; he couldn’t even be bothered to be frustrated with the return of his speech impediment. Curiosity temporarily hushed the guilt and anger festering within him as he awaited the youth’s reply, pear eyes never once wavering from Karpos’ dark form.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
{sorry this took FOREVER}
Karpos Slayer
i lost my heart along the way
Karp was bouncing with excitement, his little puppy tail wagging vigoriously. His pilose coat all slicked down. "Well I was out in Verdant Mossies with Auntie Silver and we ran into Ma! Not mama Ana, but my ma, my real ma! She didn't want to leave us, we had it all wrong! She was taked from us and she wants to come back. But she's a bit scared to face the pack. Can you help me get the others to take her back? I really really have missed her... and... and with da gone. She's my real mother, my only blood family left..... other than Adsi that is." He rambled it off in a hurry, a saddened expression on his face when he spoke of the rather tragic death of Shade, his da. He needed his ma.

He sat down, giving his uncle and intensified look, hoping that he would say yes. It was all bitter sweet, his da lived and his ma left, then his ma returns saying she never wanted to leave, she had been taken. Then there was da who died when ma left. At least he would have one of his parents, that had to count for something and as an almost orphan, he would never take parents for granted, he couldn't if he wanted to succeed in life. "So Unkell Ace is where da was? He's leader? Surely he'll take her back? I mean, if he doesn't.... Ima go with ma." He whispered, it would be barely audible to the ears of the man he was talking to.

table by mimi
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
UGH I SUCK, this needs to be wrapped up soon :c
The energetic youth served as the perfect distraction, and his ecstatic voice was enough to pull the lanky healer away from his thoughts. The words that fell from his cotton candy pink tongue rolled into each other as Karpos struggled to get them out as quickly as possible – XIX hung on to each word, brows narrowing softly as the pup mentioned his ‘real ma’. Roselia? The wolf that Shade was about to lose his life for, who had run away from her mate and abandoned her children? Why had she returned now? Shade had gone after her trail once more and it had resulted in his imminent death… would he want to see her? The leader had discovered a new love in the pale she-wolf Spectre – how would she feel about the arrival of the runaway bride? It wasn’t right – Karpos and his sister were happy without her and now she was returning to, what? Make amends?
His frown deepened once the boy finished begging his uncle to help him in convincing the pack to accept his mother into their ranks. How would Shade feel, on his deathbed, knowing that his ex-mate had returned? He panicked, unsure of what to say, so the gangly teenager simply nodded before allowing a few detached words sputter past his lips: “That’s great news, Karp.” Lachesis could not refuse to help his favourite ball of fluff as he knew it would shatter the shadow boy’s heart. Perhaps having his mother return as his father was about to leave (forever) would be beneficial – it would not complete void the pain, but it would at least numb it temporarily.
It was the final words that left the little boy’s maw that startled the lanky ghost the most. “Why would you go with her?” He asked without thinking, the words pouring from his maw as he stared, wide-eyed, at his nephew. “I’m sure that w-won’t be necessary, Karps. Uncle Ace will accept your mother, I’m sure of it.” Hopefully. “Plus, Uncle Lach would m-miss you too much if you left.”
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
[I'm terrible, I should have responded ages ago... </3]

Karpos honestly had just one little excuse for why he might leave with his mother, and most of the adults would probably consider him foolish. His eyes were calmed, relaxed as he replied with a placid voice. "Uncle Lachsies, she's family, and if she returns, family has to stick together. Sticking together until the end is one of the most important things a family can do." His voice was full of innocence and lack of knowledge as to what had happened to his mother. "Besides, when I talked to her, she had told me that she left because she had no choice to leave! Makes me think she was taked." He said in somewhat of a defense of his mother, though he felt as if Lachesis was mad that he would leave with his mother if that was what it took.

Karp had looked at his paws when his uncle head that he would be missed far too much. "Your right Uncle Lachsies, I don't think I could live without you, mama Ana or Auntie Silver!" He told his uncle, and he had meant it. He remembered the last words his ma had said of the encounter... “Karpos, do not sound so fearful. You and I both recognize your father as an extremely independent, reliable man. I know in my heart that he shall reappear in the near future, safe and healthy; as soon as he can get back to you and your sister, I am absolutely positive that he will not hesitate- not for a second. Don’t you craze your pretty little pelt. No need for force, little Slayer. I’m going." His mother had been wrong, his father was about to die. But surely he still did have his mother? After all she had said she was coming. Perhaps she was just waiting for the right time. "Uncle Lachsies, did you ever meet my ma?"

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
it's okay <3 few more quick posts each so we can wrap this up? :)
Karpos’ innocence was as welcoming as a cool breeze on a hot summer’s day, and was incredibly infectious. Offering the shadow prince a soft grin, the yearling listened patiently as he spoke excitedly about the arrival of his mother. Though XIX did not understand why a mother would abandon her children he was positive that Shade’s former mate had some sort of reason behind her departure. Perhaps her arrival was what Karpos needed with his father’s death soon arriving – though it would not be the same it would still be a parental figure in his life. Lachesis would always be there for him, but the pup needed someone directly linked to him in his life as well. While he had his sister, Adsila, having his mother return would help lessen the inevitable grief that the child was going to go through soon.
“You’re right,” the ghost nodded with a soft smile pressed against his lips, cool gaze focused on the dark pup’s small body. “And Ace will have no choice to allow her to join Pitch Pine Trail.” So he hoped… “I never got a chance to meet your mom – when I met your dad it was after she had left,” he responded with a short nod accenting his words. “I would like to meet her, though. Perhaps you could introduce me to her soon?” Although XIX was resistant to meet the runaway mother he wanted to give her a second chance – it was not right to judge a wolf before he got a chance to know them.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
-Terrible person again- You exit - then I exit - then we claim?-
“You’re right,. and Ace will have no choice to allow her to join Pitch Pine Trail. I never got a chance to meet your mom – when I met your dad it was after she had left, I would like to meet her, though. Perhaps you could introduce me to her soon?” This made the pup very happy, he nodded vigorously. "Yea, I rekon she'd love to meet ya!" He told his uncle happily. He said it like he was sure of it. He looked around. "Should we start back to go check on my da? I wanna learn stuff about herbs!" He said out of the blue. He had never shown interest in healing, but he wanted to learn everything he could and he was determined.

He was sad, because he knew his da would die, his father had told him so. But he was not upset with Uncle Lachesis, because it was obvious the young man had done everything he could to help his father. A small smile on his muzzle. "You'll always be here, right Uncle Lachesis?" He asked innocently, his black fur calmed and pressed again him, his eyes filled with curiosity. His ears were perked up and his feet slowly shuffled. Little by little they moved backwards and forwards. He honestly had no idea what his father's death would lead to. He didn't want to think about life without his father. KArp had curled up to him every night. He always slept near his father's stomach.

NOMADS Pass
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<333333333333!
The yearling nodded excitedly at the shadow prince’s word, his eagerness to learn about herbs both surprising and welcoming. He was used to others thinking that healing was ‘boring’ whereas XIX found it incredibly rewarding. What he did, although often gruesome, saved others (though not in Shade’s case, unfortunately). Being wounded was like a problem, and Lachesis enjoyed fixing the problems of others. Whether physically or mentally, the healer just liked seeing others happy – that’s all that mattered to him.

<b style="font-family:georgia;">“Sounds like a plan to me, Karps!” He woofed excitedly in response as he nosed the small pup gently, his long legs stepping in the direction of the pack’s camp. While he knew that there was nothing he could do about Shade’s fate Lachesis wanted to ensure that the chocolate leader was as comfortable as possible in his remaining days. Although he was positive that Karpos would never want to take up a healer position within this pack – or another – XIX wanted him to understand the basics. What could be used to reduce pain, or speed up healing – so that way he could use them on himself or others he encountered who sought immediate medical attention. It was better to know something than nothing at all.

Karpos’ voice broke the silence once more, stealing the youth’s attention as they returned to the den site. <b style="font-family:georgia;">“Of course,” he responded honestly, a soft smile gracing his dark lips as he focused his gaze on the pup. <b style="font-family:georgia;">“I’m not going anymore. We’ve still got lots of adventures to go on!” Playfully nudging Karpos on the shoulder the deer-legged yearling lunged forward, his tail wagging frantically behind him. <b style="font-family:georgia;">“C’mon, let’s go see your dad!” He bounded forward once more, his pace slow so that the ball of fluff could catch up, as his thin body weaved through the pine trees that littered the territory…

fade out Lachesis…
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Karpos was filled with energy as he bounced after his Uncle Lachesis. One moment he was totally bummed about his father, but his Uncle Lach took that all away from him. It was because, he knew that the lanky teen that he knew in his heart was family if not by blood by love, would protect him. He held a goofy grin to him and he was thrilled that his uncle had agreed. He would soon learn about herbs from the master. Sure, he was not going to be a real healer, but it never hurt to know the basics in case of a rather terrible situation. His thoughts drifted to his father, the Pitch Pine King that was soon to pass, and he knew, sometimes nature made it too late to save wolves. His father was too far gone to save.

Sadness in his eyes, picturing his father laying there on his deathbed made him sad, but not upset. He was in good hands with his uncle Ace as the soon to be alpha. He still had his mama Ana and the stranger lady named Spectre. Silver was there too, and his Uncle Lach. They were all going to be quite fine, and his mother returning from her absence in their lives was an amazing thing too. It seemed, that with a one reason to be sad, there were a million reasons he had to smile. He had to focus on those million reasons rather than the one reason to frown.

He was going to be alright.

-Exit-