(See All?) Announcements
663 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vili

Swallow Your Pride — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Whisper who has 32 posts.
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall

While she might be independant, Calla was not stupid. She could feel the change hovering in the air, and knew from experience that it meant hard times were ahead. Her first winter as a pup hadn't been terrible, but then again, she had had parents to care for her during the rough time. This time, of her own volition, she was alone. And it scared the golden child. Swallowing her pride, she ventured from familiar lands, where she'd been hovering near Fireweed rise, heading north. It had taken everything in her to pass by Cedarwood and not take shelter in the old pack den. Had she been more able to fend for herself, she might have tried to weather the winter there, but she knew better in her current condition. Silence was a buzz in her skull as she walked, trying to find the borders of a pack. someone had to be nearby..right?

She finally came close to a smell - and upon closer inspection, Calla Lyall found it to belong to another wolf. She followed it, and after a few more markers, knew without a doubt that a pack lay just across them. But what pack? What were they like? did anyone she might know reside north of where she stood? Swallowing her pride, the Lyall female lifted her head and howled, letting her voice carry over the thin air of early evening. She was hungry, and the growl of her stomach told her that if she didn't find something to eat soon, she would lose more than the fifteen or so pounds she had already. Once her song had finished, she shifted and waited, hoping that her guess about a pack north of her was right.

Word Count: 288
Table by Whisper
user posted image
Played by Mily who has 194 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
The routine continued. Everyday it felt as if it were the same for a long while. Though the nights and mornings seemed to be changing. The cooling temperatures that came with the changing nights brought fields of dew in the crisp waking morning. In truth this tiny change invigorated the wolf who's routine had been the same for most of the summer. Instead of waking up slowly the shadowy wolf snapped himself awake. Perhaps the cool air against his bare patches of skin made the canine wake faster. Then the black wolf does the usual morning stretches and heads out with a skip in his step to check on borders.

It was afternoon now. The sun was warm and comfortable against the burnt wolf's fur. However as soon as he stepped into the shade and felt the breeze pickup the males fur fluffed up bristling against the chill. He too knew that a new season was coming. Perhaps it was already among the wolves of Lore. Still that did not change his duty, so the wolf plodded on marking the borders as he was supposed to do.

The dark wolf paused as a howl rose on the air someplace behind him. It sounded awful close to the border. However the tone in the call was clear, it was a joining call. Some rogue thinking to escape winter by settling with a pack? Kasai sighed inwardly then turned around and headed straight for the call.

He was there in no time, a shadow slipping out from behind the willows. Kasai noted the white wolf standing just behind the border. Nice etiquette at least. He thought quietly while letting a dark growl slip through his jaws.

"Who are you and why are you here..?" He asked although the second question was not needed for her previous howl had held that answer. The male held his head tipped upwards displaying the deep burn scars under his chin. His thick tail bellowed in the small breeze also tipped upwards though not fully arched above his back. If the white girl was here to join then he would have to call Elettra (had she not already heard the call already) and bring her to meet the stranger. That was only if the stranger held themselves correctly in his eyes.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
[Image: hashtags-jessiehotei02.png]
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall

She didn't have to wait long, and when the ebony male arrived, Calla took an involuntary step backwards, her golden eyes focused on the burn marks the male so proudly displayed. He spoke, and she tucked her tail tighter between her hind legs, lowering her head and crouching a little, instinctively showing the beast she meant no harm or threat. "My name is Calla Lyall, and..I was hoping to join a pack before winter. If you don't have the room for me, or don't want me in your pack, would you be able to point me towards another?" Her voice was soft, her tone respectful. She hoped that the male before her wouldn't turn her away, but she couldn't gauge what he would or would not do.

She hoped that by telling the truth and being honest about her intentions up front, he would be less likely to attack her. It wasn't like she was trespassing on the borders of whatever pack the wolf was in. He seemed dominant enough to be the leader of the pack, but then again, he was a pack wolf and she but a loner. He automatically held more rank than her. Especially when it came down to the fact that she was attempting to join HIS pack and was standing on HIS borders. The cream dusted female held her tongue, knowing that any more that needed to be said could be done later. For now, she was intent on simply waiting to see if the other would introduce himself and allow her to remain, or send her away with a warning from a set of very pointy teeth.

Word Count: 276
Table by Whisper
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
The dark Tainn sighed as the white she wolf gave her answer. She was doing everything right so far, and even though the woman spoke of entering because of winter he knew that the pack would need more hunters for the cold season anyway. Even if it was just for the winter. Besides maybe after she bonds with the pack over winter the girl will stay. She seems nice enough, though all wolves do when they join. The Kage let a shiver run over his form. The damn cold breeze under the shadows was making the area's of bare skin leach warmth. It was a wonder how the male survived through winter with a quarter of his warm pelt gone.

However he also knew that final judgement lay with the queen of the willows. Since no real male lead was there to rely on. Sometimes Kasai wondered how the woman handled so much work. He was impressed with what she did on her own, and would help out whenever needed. Letting time elapse before he spoke and regarding her lower body with a minor flick of his tail downwards Kasai decided it was about time to bring @Elettra to the border.

Raising his head tilting it towards Willow Ridge territory Kasai loosed a powerful howl calling for the Archer queen. He held that pose for a moment then allowed the tone to lower and eventually fade to nothing. Lowering his head once more Kasai looked towards Calla.

"The queen of the willows will be here shortly to see if she could use you in her pack. Act the way you did with me and you shouldn't have much of any problem." He gave her a bit of advice which was probably unneeded. Then sat down and covered his paws with his tail allowing another shiver to pass over his frame.

Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
El speaks a quote from POTC. :3

It was unfamiliar to her, this call, light and feminine in nature as it echoed along the outskirts of Willow Ridge. She had no interest in wondering this day, for although her wounds had sealed and stubble of hair were returning to do their best to cover the damage, her limb was sore and stiff this day, leaving her irritable at best. Her limp still remained, less horrid as before however, and the woman did not bother lifting from the ground until Kasai's call echoed for her appearance. She howled in turn, allowing him to know she was on her way with assumption that whoever was at her border was in need of her attention, be it a member to join the ranks or message from another pack, likely of one of her two allies. With some time and effort, Elettra made way to the edges of her home.
The chill of the new autumn season takes her, moving through various greys, black, and subtle gold which weaved throughout her to make the coloration of her thick fur. Though Spring could always be pronounced as her favored season due to her obvious art in healing and the time she spend mindlessly hunting for herbs, in truth she did favor the cool weather. She was from a cooler region, though she did not live within the mountains, the seas cold winds whipped over the lands and the high frosted mountains shielded them from the overbearing sun. Not to mention, though she was well into her fifth year, nothing beat time playing within piles of leaves and romping in the snow.
Smirk to her grey-rimmed lips at the very thought, her ears perk high as she finally can see her companion waiting for her along the border, a shiver ripping through him, likely due to the obvious lack of fur which he held. She moves with a lack of fluidness she once held, with an obvious hard limp in her front left limb. Still, she stands tall, her tail high and her muzzle craned to her plush chest to look down on the lowered rogue. She was pale in blond and what, her eyes of liquid gold and full of youth and a bottle brushed tail, all of which sang in her memories "You look somewhat familiar, have I threatened you before?" Her words pursed, still a smirk upon her features as ghostly pale eyes stare down upon the young woman. Of course, Elettra could not jump to any conclusion. A pale female of cream with gold eyes was hardly rare, yet still her features had the gears in her head turning.
(This post was last modified: Sep 09, 2013, 04:49 AM by Elettra.)
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall
OOC: OMG.. I must now go watch those movies... one after another. >:D

The male let loose a bellowing howl that had her instinctively shrinking into herself, though she managed to hold firm to her position. He relaxed, or rather, he seemed to, having taken up a seated position. Calla allowed herself the same though if not quite as relaxed change to wait for the 'queen of the willows' to arrive. She pulled herself up from her crouched position and tucked her haunches under her, curling her fluffy tail around her feet, mimicking the darker male in front of her in a way. However, she remained slightly hunched, the wind ruffling through her fur. Golden eyes noted the shivers from his frame and she frowned, debating asking him what had happened, but thinking better of it. Her decision appeared to be the correct one, as shortly, another dark pelted wolf arrived, this one with a slight limp.

The words that tumbled from Elettra's lips had Calla lowering her eyes and staring at the paws of the dark pelted 'Queen of the Willows'. Though, she shook her head in answer to the question. "I do not believe we have met, highness." That...was what one would call a queen, right? She chanced a glance towards Elettra's face, though wisely keeping her eyes averted from those of the ruling alpha of the pack who's lands she sought entry into. "My name is Calla Lyall...And...I was hoping that you would allow me to join your pack?" The confidence that she saw in Elettra reminded her of her mother, and it had a softer smile gracing the maw of the cream female. "I.. was hoping that if you didn't have room, you could point me towards another pack that might?" She unconsciously looked towards Cedarwood Forest, where Grizzly Hollow used to roam in abundance. "My home is ...not there anymore."

Word Count: 302
Table by Whisper
(This post was last modified: Sep 10, 2013, 09:23 PM by Calla.)
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Skipped Kasai. I didn't think he would have much to say as of yet? Hope thats okay Tabs. :3

Delicate, soft, submissive. The words of behalf of the woman moved throughout Elettra's thoughts as she watched her, judged her, as she did all those who sought entry within her pack and even still as members, making sure everyone had their place amongst the ranks and worked for it. With winter coming, once more Elettra would be bogged with those seeking to join her ranks for survival in a group. Once more she would be faced with those who would leave her in the Spring to create their own. Of course, as she had before, none would come into her pack for safety only to be lazy within the lands. Space and all within it was limited and only those who would work to keep their home healthy would be allowed to stay.
She seeks out the delicate girl's features further when she lifts her head enough to face her, offering the proper display one would to their leader. She was not the dominant sort, far from the power of Skana or Narcissa, though this did not mean her meek personality made her unfitting for the ranks. Not all needed to be brave and daring scouts, or head strong guardians. Whats wrong with having another medic in the ranks, or perhaps, a Teacher to the children? After all, Kyrie and Narime had been so less inclined to dominate anything and to fall before Elettra's attention, though both had done wonderful for the pack during their stay.
"Lyall, you say?" She speaks this as Calla finishes, her eyes trailing back towards the Cedarwood forest as the youth before her did. She knew the lands as equally well, if not more then the girl before her who now mentioned her home. Turning back to Calla with a still pressed smirk to her mug, she dips down her muzzle in a sort of nodding motion. "Of course it wouldn't be. After Borden and Jaysyek left, I have belief that Kade took the remaining members over the mountains....However, I have no intention of loosing such a catch." She speaks, her smirk forming to a true smile as she thinks of the girl. Certainly, this had to be the child of her former Leaders, there second Leader after Elettra booked it as the breeding season approached in order to make a pack for her own. She had not met a pup of their second brew until now and although Elettra's confidence in Borden had faded to nothing, she did still very much favor Jaysyek and so, favored her children. "Your Uncle, Angier, he is with us." She then states. wondering if she had more knowledge of the man then Arlette had. Angier mentioned having helped take Jaysyek and her children out of Relic Lore while Borden searched for Taima so surely, Calla had been one of those who had been assisted?
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
Yeah that's fine :) Not like I have much muse for him anyway.

Kasai's head wavered lowering further as Elettra comes into the arena. A content low growl rumbles out of his muzzle as the dark lady appears and takes her place and interrogating the stranger. The burnt man is silent now. listening for the white wolf's response and watching his queen carefully. She still held herself as always, strong and proud, hiding the injuries that Kasai had watched her receive. If at any moment she needed help he would be at her side still trying to prove his worth. Still trying to prove that the Tainn's curse of disloyalty could be beaten.

The white woman gave her name to Elettra. Calla Lyall... Kasai wonders what was familiar about that name but comes up with nothing. He flicks an ear as a silent gesture showing that he was still listening to the conversation. Though his yellow orbs narrowed as the white girl glanced towards the cedarwood forest. Her home's not there anymore? He wondered idly whether her old "home" was a pack that might have just lived in the woods. Shifting slightly to look in the direction Calla had just glanced to Kasai gazed out into the distance. His ears still lay angled towards the womens conversation should he hear an interesting tidbit of information.

El then brings up a few names which hold no value to the ebony wolf. Though the dark womans comments made him almost sure that there was a pack in cedarwood forest at one point. Perhaps a pack which she held ties with. Another low content growl echoed past his lips as Elettra speaks of loosing a catch. He knew she was implying that Calla would be a good choice for a new member within Lady Elettra's pack.

His content growl cut off at the mention of Angier's name. The dark wolf didn't particularly like or dislike the gray male. It was more of the fact that Angier had not earned his respect in Kasai's eyes. Loyalty, yes for now, but not respect.

(This post was last modified: Sep 16, 2013, 10:49 PM by Hotei.)
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall
OOC: OMG.. I must now go watch those movies... one after another. >:D

The fact that the dark lady knew of her parents had Calla's ears shifting, and her golden eyes widening despite her attempts to be 'grown up'. The youth felt a smile widening her lips and she struggled not to squeal as the lady of the woods spoke. When Elettra spoke of Uncle Angier and his presence here, she smiled, lowering her head a little. "Uncle Angier helped us leave the Lore.. but he came back.. Though, I don't think it's for the same reasons I have." She felt her tail wag slightly near her hind legs, her heart jumping for joy. "I came back to try and find my sister, because she...didn't come with us.. And no one knows where she is." Except that strange white wolf she met when she first arrived, but Calla was beginning to have her fears that Taima would even remember her. They had been separated for so long.

Part of her wondered if she dared to speak of her other desires to the darkened queen, the desires to rebuild Grizzly Hollow and prove to her family that their home truly was safe to inhabit again. "Is...the danger gone? Papa took us away because of the sickness.." She regretted having left her home, having followed her parents. Well, not truly a regret, but Calla missed her time in Grizzly Hollow - playing in the woods with her siblings had been a highlight of her young life.. And she no longer had it. Instead of pressing onwards, however, to continually ask questions, Calla fell silent, to allow Elettra to speak.

Word Count: 264
Table by Whisper
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Indeed. I saw he was up for adoption. :x

Elettra does not overlook Kasai's bellows, his low rumbles a sound of pleasure for the wolf, different in pitch and meaning then a common growl might have been. She understood her fellow pack-mates mannerism, having picked up on this time and time before, as she took note of Guiness stares in silence and Skana's grunts of acceptance or displeasure. Her attention, of course, remains majorly on the rogue before her, a stranger to her, though connected to her in a manner that allowed her to have a one-up on the common rogue. Though Elettra did not like her father, of course, she adored her mother.
An obvious excitement came over the youth, her eyes alight and widening to the news of knowing her family, a wave of her tail given at the mention of her Uncle and her return here to the Lore. She spoke of her sister, yet still missing to the family and it led Elettra to wonder if Borden had given up on his search and returned to his family, or that he still too was on his venture for his long-lost daughter. "Borden returned to the family, then?" She had originally thought not to ask, though with Calla's questions, Elettra felt information for information was only fair enough. "I do not know where Taima is, though I have intention in time to travel along the other side of the mountains to visit the other packs. I will keep her in mind..." It was the first time she mentioned her intentions allowed, making it known that she would be on the look-out for this 'Taima' if it meant slating Calla's need to seek her out herself. "The lands are safe - the sickness dying with those who had brought it." She pauses then, looking over the young, pale hued woman. "I assume Jaysyek taught you well enough skills to partake in within my ranks?"