654 Users Online
Google, Bing

you left me here like a chalk outline
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
RE: There is a meteor shower tonight.

Silence had never been a soothing sound for the she-wolf. The setting of the sun had played dark shadows across the land before her – a land that was slowly becoming home. The myriad of patterns the flickering light played upon the tree trunks kept the girl uneasy, even if she knew the shadows were not filled with life. No one lurked behind her. No one waited to bring her demise. Though if they had, there was little she could do about it now – Marsh was dead, the one wolf who had saved her.. and Ice, well he too was gone, his scent fading from the lands and burning a new form of pain in her chest.

The sun tucked itself behind the mountains as night approached, cloaking the world in darkness. Shifting her figure, only feet away from the den that held her two baby brothers, Kisla allowed her bright green eyes to drift up to the sky, playing upon the clear view of the stars. The clouds did not hinder this part of her night, and allowing her mind to shut down completely from any other thought, Kisla Tainn instead focused upon the delicate yet twinkling beings of the sky.

As moments passed, the night grew colder, brought on only from the onset of Autumn. Exhaling sotly, her eyes blinked in surprise as a star seemingly shot across the sky, followed by another. Jolted by this movement, Kisla stilled, captivated by this moment, and unable to explain it. Never before had she witnessed a meteor shower.
(This post was last modified: Sep 06, 2013, 06:05 PM by Kisla.)

sparking up my heart

Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Hope is a four lettered word.
Upon this coming night the Tainn was restless, but this time more than usual. The air was calm, but carried a chill that tried to reach past his coat. Nature's warning winter would soon follow the falling of the leaves. It wasn't the weather that had him awake, wandering around the woods on high alert.

Ice and Merlin had gone on search for Cali, and Triell now held full responsibility upon his shoulders. Leader of Oak Tree Bend. A title he would carry with honor, even if it wasn't the way he had wanted to become a leader. He had always thought he would have his own pack, his own pups to look after the day that happened. Apparently, this was what his life was. Often, he told himself it was suppose to be this way. While he did not have a mate, he was grateful at least he had this kind of family. Even if it felt like he was the lone, strange Uncle in the background at times. A thought that made him dimly smile, carrying on his evening patrol.

After all with his silent vow to look after Cori, and all of her boys, her remaining daughter he was the only one who could fill that part. While Fenru was growing into a fine adult, Triell didn't want him to carry more burdens than he already did. He had already been forced to grow up so much. Every day he hoped that Ice and Merlin returned safely, finding at least what had happened to Cali.

An image of the forest covered in frost, he shook his coat out, happy it had started to thicken these last few weeks. Padding back to the den, the clear sky above him, he was about to check all was well when something lit up the sky. Bemused, his head jerked up, and he watched more streak through the inky ceiling of night. What were they? Falling stars? He made a hesitant step forward, and at last noticed the outline of Kisla. She too seemed to have noticed the beautiful phenomenon."Make a wish," he murmured, coming to sit beside his niece with a quiet smile. He wondered how she was coping with the move, and latest changes.
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
The quiet of the night seemed to slither away as Triell’s form arose from the shadows. Kisla had scented him, but had not considered him to be so close, and so her slender figure gave a slight jolt as he suddenly appeared, though the small smile he offered stirred one of her own – though a note of bitterness crept at the corner of her lips. She lifted her muzzle to greet him, pressing her nose to the warmth of the ebony male’s chest as he settled beside her – the highest she could reach of him. Her tail gave a light sway to reveal her contentment with his presence, and she glanced at him almost wonderingly – how was he faring as Oak Tree Bend’s newest Leader? When Ice returned from his search, would Triell give the title back, or keep it for himself? Either way, she did not mind.. her uncle was the closest wolf she had to a father figure now.

Stretching out slightly, one paw tucked itself under her chest. His words caused a small snort to escape her nose, her eyes glancing away from him to look at the sky as another star fell across it. “I don’t believe in wishes,” she responded firmly, hearing the darkness in her vocals and cringing slightly. Instead of dwelling on this, she gave a nod in the direction of the sky. “Where do they fall?” Did they find their way to earth? Or did they drift further off in to the world unknown that was the heavens?

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
The tone of her reply was ice to his skin. He had to make an effort not to jerk from it, if a hit to his very flesh. Kisla Tainn as the rest had her reasons to be at disagreement, but it made his heart heavy that even the move hadn't changed things.There always seemed to be a cloud hanging over them. With Marsh no longer by their side, and Ice on his own mission. Did he really believe they would see the rainbow on the horizon?

He knew he hadn't been very hopeful child when he had been orphaned, but it had never been by his parents choice. This had always made the reality easier, less painful than full abandonment. While Indru's betrayal stung him, it did not in the same way as it did to his brother's children, his mate. They were the ones who had really needed him in this world, counted on him.Triell could at least take care of himself, and had grown use to the departure of his family.

Such doubts, and anger. It reminded him too much of Aiyana, and the final time he had spoken to her. It really made him feel the wounds that eyes couldn't see. It made him think he should have taken a more permanent role than Uncle Triell. That was the problem, there was no changing that.

Maintaining his balance, he didn't let her tone affect him. Things bounced quite easily after all these years."Well if a lady cloaked in silver, creams, and dusty browns with yellow eyes offers you some then you better take them," he declared with an air of mystery, his dark grin flashing. He was remembering Ozera, and the day she had offered him three. Even then he had turned them down, like Kisla knowing they wouldn't work. The lady had changed his life, being a mother figure when there were not many. Listening without judgement, without trying to find the right answers for him. He hoped to do something right by that lady.

Thoughtfully, he peered upward upon her question, not sure himself where they went. He stole a quiet moment then answered,"Some must reach the ground, but I imagine some only burn until there is nothing left." When he spoke it sounded like a way to describe the dangerous emotions of lief. How passion, anger could engulf them until they were far beyond recognition."Hmm, some of them do seem to keep on going, through the darkness making their own light into another world." He didn't say more, because the air seemed fragile around them.
(This post was last modified: Sep 16, 2013, 10:33 PM by Triell.)
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
While unsure how her uncle would respond to the darkening of her words, the swarthy male surprised her with his statement. Blinking her bright green eyes, the she-wolf canted her muzzle slightly, allowing her eyes to flicker over his features briefly before allowing her gaze to fall on his cheek in respect. Bemusement pressed to her lips, though she allowed it no further, and there was a small pause between the two before she finally broke her confusion with a mystified “What?” Racking her mind for anyone who could fit such a description, the Tainn girl came back empty pawed, and wondered if the wolf he spoke of was but a story.

Before she could get an explanation to his previous sentence, Triell was quick to answer her original question, and momentarily drawn to the heavens once more, her green eyes drifted upward, searching the inky sky, half expecting one of the falling stars to crash right toward them – Oak Tree Bend, after all, seemed just as cursed as Swift River. The thought that they shot to another world stirred a sore ache to her chest – heavy with the weight of it, the she-wolf sank lower, finding her own breath hitching in her throat before looking to Triell. Hadn’t they attempted to seek light in to another world? What a bitter disappointment that had been – Serach and Sceral would grow up fatherless, just as her previous siblings and herself had, while Marsh was dead and Ice and Cali were gone.

Yet here she lay – the warmth of her uncle pressed close to her side, while she remained healthy. Perhaps the darkness of the world would swallow her entirely one day – she wasn’t sure she could handle losing another loved one, and yet she knew she should move on. One way or another, Kisla Tainn needed to learn how to live again.

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Triell nostalgia ahead o.o

Kisla was too young to know who he spoke of. The thought didn't sadden him. Instead that smirk of his cracked further, seeing she was puzzled. The Tainn was tempted to leave it at that. Maybe, making it less of a mystery might entice the innocent curiosity that had long been crushed to return. So, he decided to try. Eyes upon the sky, he began in an matter-of-fact voice, "Oh, well see she's a Spirit of the Lore now. When I met her she was playing wolf, and fell into a pool. I was only a boy, but I knew she needed help so I jumped in, saved her. You know what she says to me? She says," He paused for effect, and then changed his voice to a higher pitch. "Now, Sir Triell, since you saved my life, I am in your debt. I shrug it off. Boy, she wouldn't let me. I will grant you three wishes. I think what on earth could she do for me? I wanted to have my parents back, I wanted there to be no fire. I wanted my little brother home. I know she can't do these things, she's only a wolf." Triell, shook his head in an easy manner, remembering what it was like being told his first world didn't exist any more. He began to wonder if any Tainn had had a "normal" childhood.

"I can't say this to her, so I agree she can do me a favor instead. I tell her goodbye, thinking nothing will come of it. " The cool wind lightly whispered against the leaves of the trees, and he listened to its voice, remembering that day, and the time Ozera had actually came to live with them.

"You probably wonder what she granted me in the end, hmm?" He questioned, with a spark to his orange eyes, where there might have been a bit of happiness and a touch of loneliness. Glimpsing his niece, he wanted this to be heard above anything else. "Nothing replaced my family, but she became as close to a mother as I would have. When I thought my family was torn into pieces, she helped me see what was left. I came to learn sometimes there has to be goodbyes. Sometimes you don't get more even if you want it, and you have to hold onto what was. I know each day can be hell, not knowing, like those stars, where you're headed. Are you walking to fall into another dark corner or is that a flash of light?"

"But, you know what? It doesn't mean it's the end. You and Fenru, Sceral, Serach have such a lot of life to look forward too. You have each other. While it can seem others come and go you remember your mother has always been there for you. Nothing can replace such a rare lady, her worth, her love. I know I can't compare with her, but I hope you know if it were not for you, Fen, Cori, and those little boys I would let myself go with Marsh. When I thought of him, I knew I wanted to earn silver whiskers too......I wanted to see my family continue to grow."

Rachel Edit: just closed a font tag that was open. Don't mind meee. <3
(This post was last modified: Sep 26, 2013, 01:04 PM by Kisla.)
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
Kisla canted her muzzle slightly, golden lobes swiveling as her swarthy leader spoke. He did not disappoint – her question was linked to a story rather than a simple answer, and while she could not recall a she-wolf by the name Ozera, she could hear the fondness Triell held for the woman as he spoke of her. Since birth, wolves came to Swift River only to quickly abandon it – a myriad of faces could be pulled form memory, their scents interlaced as something she would never forget.. yet she could not place names to them. They had been unimportant. A blip within the pack’s history.

Raised as a Tainn – a name that had perhaps once held legacy within these areas, though now tainted by her father’s wanderlust and abandonment, she knew of her fmaily’s history within the valley. Hidden Tree had been a location she had meant to seek herself – to visit her roots and perhaps obtain better knowledge of who she was in regards to this legacy.. yet she had not been able to bring herself to the charred lands. She could not bring herself closer to him after his betrayal.

Yet as Triell ended his tale, a realization came to her as swiftly as one of the falling stars above – her name was beyond her father. It went past him – it stretched to the very man at her side right now, to her brother Fenru.. even more, it went to her aunts and uncles that she still recalled with fondness rather than grief.

Bowing her muzzle slightly, her eyes drifting from the sky to better regard the ebony male beside her, KIsla tipped her tawny muzzle upward, grazing her nose against the crook of his nape to chest before burying her face to him. She inhaled sharply, gaining her thoughts and unable to decipher whether she felt relieved or heavy with sorrow. “Thank you, Uncle,” she murmured after a heartbeat, pulling back now to gaze up at him. “I needed that..”
(This post was last modified: Sep 26, 2013, 01:03 PM by Kisla.)

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
oops. thank you :3

Silence was both good and bad. Though how long it drifted on, or was cut short did not help guage what would happen beyond it. For the longest time after Aiyana had cursed him away, he had been careful with his words, wanting to take them back. Triell had never had that problem before. Seeing Naira,for the last time he guessed, she gave him the same kind of fairwell. Yelling, leaving in the dark, a lot of space, unspoken words. It proved to him he should speak from the heart. He shouldn't be afraid. He regretted more what he left unsaid. When he had saw Kisla he knew he couldn't pretend everything was fine. Walk on eggshells, if she would break by a single mistake. Who, after all, would tell Kisla these things? Who would treat her as an adult, and still let her see she wasn't in it alone? Corinna, yes. Now he was more sure he fell into the category.

Despite it being quiet, watching as the distance stars streaked, the air wasn't tainted. It was calm. The leader's brows would rise in surprise by the sweep of muzzle. Solid he sat, touched by the gesture. Did it mean he had done something right? Triell bent his head, cradling her in the moment to assure her, his words did not mean nothing. He was here and would remain. Lifting his muzzle, the brute smiled even if in fact parts of it seemed sad. That was just life. When fiery gaze meant the verdant of Kisla, he nodded a silent welcome. Knowing the pain while wishing he could do so much more. He accepted his limits, still unsure how to surpass them. For now was trying to live each day, and not in the past nor too far into the future.

"So, did you know what our family name means?" He asked, that playful current to his deep voice. Had she been to the remains of the start of his childhood?

sarah edit I JUST NEEDED TO TELL YOU THAT YOU MADE ME CRY OMG I MISS OZERA. KDOWNDK
(This post was last modified: Oct 16, 2013, 04:50 AM by Tesla.)
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
Her eyes lifted up, looking to the stars, noting every few silent moments that one would seem to fall from the sky. So elusive to her, and yet she longed to be able to reach her slender muzzle out and touch it, as if somehow, something falling so far from grace, was still able to be so beautiful.

She was drawn from this reverie – this desire, when the swarthy man beside her spoke. Her brows drew together slightly as she recalled her lessons from her youth, and yet she could come up with no answer. Indru had not been around to teach them to be prideful of their names or heritage – he had simply stuck around long enough to ensure he knocked up a woman he claimed to love. If Corinna knew much about the Tainn family name, she had not discussed it, and the pale tawny she-wolf never did discuss any of the details of their lives that would involve her father.

“No,” she responded simply, her muzzle tipping down to brush her tongue along her forepaw to keep an itch at bay. Glancing up at him from the corner of her eyes, she propped herself back up once more, awaiting to hear a part of her legacy she had never imagined she would have the opportunity to visit – what else did Triell know of the Tainn family history? For a brief moment her eyes gathered back to the sky, and she wondered if @Fenru was nearby, and if he would want to know as well. Selfishly, though, she did not summon her brother.. instead, she kept her Uncle to herself, if for only a few fleeting moments.

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
What could Indru have taught them? What time he had spent with them would have been little, and at an age where details were hard to hold. Triell had been a yearling himself. It was the start of winter, and he had returned from the mountain after finding his Uncle's pack disbanded to Cori trying to feed four hungry mouths. Everyone gone. It was in disbelief he did not want to recognize the frazzled mother. The abandonment in her haunted gaze. Who could have believed Indru would have left her? The rest of the pack had followed? Yet, Ruiko had come, giving hope, bringing comfort. From that moment on the young Tainn had never stopped trying to make up for everything wrong while also struggling with his own loss and confusion. Who would know his own guardian would soon to be nothing but a memory that left a knot in his throat. A terrible combination that brought on hate,pain, and sadness. Why would Cori speak of him? He knew she must have known of the fire. She must know why Triell, Borlla, and Kinis were a permanent part of the Ruiko and Indru's life instead of with a mother, a father. Triell had never asked her out right. He too seemed to have kept the unspoken rule of speaking little of the deserter, especially to Corinna. The move did not wash away the past. It did not quite heal the wounds.

The dark wolf gave a nod, just a simple thing of understanding, of acknowledgement of her quiet answer. Then he cleared his throat, and his vocal cords strummed. "It means New Moon. We can start again, but we never forget in darkness nor daylight." Topaz colored eyes carefully drifted, seeking her more softer color of green. He was trying to read her thoughts, but Kisla was not much of an open book as her brother. Dropping his head, he shifted his weight to fall on his other haunch, happy to watch the sky and talk. "Fenru, and you are second generation of Tainns to be born in Relic Lore, and the oldest as far as I know. You actually have quite a few cousins too. I think two at least about Sceral and Serach's age. There's a pack northeast of here called Magnolia Glenn. My litter mate Borlla leads there. I haven't met them, but she tells me she has a daughter and son. I think you would like her. I thought if your mother, Fenru, and you would like we could go visit them sometime." He left her to think over that, how they were not the only ones. Of coarse he was also quiet, musing if the whole thing could work out. Borlla had left things wrong with Cori as well, and Triell had not yet told her how close his sibling lived. For family reasons, and practical ones he wished an alliance.

"Now, do you know where the Tainns use to live before Swift River? Or should I just let you ask the questions?" He smirked.
(This post was last modified: Dec 20, 2013, 05:22 AM by Triell.)