(See All?) Announcements
592 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

my passion is equal to the task — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

If his eardrums hadn't been as strained as they were, Angier Lyall would have wholly missed the whispered utterance of his first name. Turning his head to acknowledge her, he let his tail wriggle in a low-hanging wag as he advanced a step toward her. He relaxed his stance enough as to hold his head a tad lower than, if not nearly-level with, hers. "Ma'am," he courteously addressed her.

He noted how her eyes temporarily settled on the golden bouquet at his feet and it prompted from him the most stately smile he could manage along the sides of his ivory muzzle. The ball was back in his court and now was his chance to make his move. "My Lady," he greeted her again before paying his respects to her with gracing the bridge of his snout along the underside of her jaw. "I'm so glad you've come. I've... I've brought you a gift."

Again, his tail began to wag, his eyes thieving twice along the contours in her face in hopes of perceiving her every emotion as they were revealed. He withdrew from her, his lumbering frame rounding the pile of plants as to fully invite and direct her gaze to it. "These are for you," his chest puffed up with newfound pride. "An offering." His smile became more cordial and through his nerves, he lowered his head to make sure that she could see the variety he had brought.

"They're among the last of the season. I would've hoarded them away you've always instructed me to, but these..." He had to hastily swallow down the lump in his throat before continuing, "These I've brought especially for you." For a moment he touched a large paw down on the heap of yellow-green stems. Deep down in the hallows of his chest and in the pit of his stomach, he seriously hoped Elettra was ready for what he was about to say.

"I 'ave brought you Solomon's Seal for rest," he began to explain. "A strong leader knows her limits and knows how to balance 'work' and 'play.' I've brought you some stalks because I..." A ghost of a chuckle seemed to wash over his face, "I know just as well how tiring it is to go through the day with having to chase after Sköll morning, afternoon, evening, and night. Take these whenever you have the need to use them an' you jus' leave the rascals to me." He then nudged his nose to each sprig, "Solidago for luck, yellow rattle so that you may never lose sight of all you want to accomplish... A branch from the Empress trees along Heartleaf Creek... there're five leaves to symbolize the places I've been, the places I've withdrawn my heart from because they've never felt like home. But lastly..."

He slowly bent down to usher a full stem of light green leaves and bright yellow flowers to the center of the pile. "Lastly, I've brought some Devil's Bite; it's been said it lowers blood pressure. The pack works well as it is, my lady, and you mustn't be stressed, even with summer coming to a close. Whether you need these or not... figuratively, Elettra, I'd like for you to know I am here should you ever have a need for me. Whatever has happened, anything, you can come to me... Rely on me to relieve any woes that might still heavily hang over your heart. Trust me. Please, trust me. I can take it now."

A small breath escaped his parted lips as he paused, bravely holding her gaze for five long seconds before fixing his spread out flower arrangement into a decent assemblage again. The Pledge had been made, the Turn carried out... and now, as a mere magician at the Prestige of his most recent act, he humbly averted his gaze. The stage was spent and his audience had already initially been ensnared, but in the spotlight of her gaze, he waited on pins and needles for her reaction, every part of him tensed with apprehension for something akin to thunderous applause.

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Though his greeting to her spoke as formally as it had always, the woman watches his approach, taking into each detail of him, his coating, his build, his stance... He was unharmed, healthy, if not much healthier than she had last seen him with quite a few more pounds on him to fill him out nicely. A tall, brooding male she had firstly seen him as. But what she noticed more was the level of his skull, at such a slight level lower then hers that she did not notice it. He was equal to her now, finally, and the weight of it was just as finally settling in. She had been so used to being the only one in charge for so long that having a male at her side now felt, odd, if nothing else. In manners, she was relieved that half of the pressure would now be on another wolf's paws (that is, should he do the job as well as he should) and on the other paw, she feared that her way of ruling should be led astray should they not fully agree with one another. He had trusted her ruling enough to keep the Ridge as it was now, had he not?
Getting the better of herself with these worries and wonders, she gives herself a deep shaking of her head, feigning it as being a normal shake of the body to fluff up her coating of predominant greys and black. At the end of the quick shake, she is touched, her eyes widening with a followed tension for a moment as she met his pale golden gaze and after, the lax tail behind her sway slightly in a wag. At the mention of the 'gifts' her attention directly seeks them, taking a few steps after Angier as he nears the cache and begins digging through them. As he explains the plants, all of which, of course, she already knew of, she as well watched his body. He was happy, this she could easily tell by the signs of his body language: he was smiling, smirking here and there with a pride in his chest. He was bouncy, eager to move around and prod at the plants as he explained them and in a manner which caused Elettra to start smiling as well. His tail was waving and he chuckled, gruff tones that rumbled from the deep of his broad chest. He was more wolf, more man, then Borden had ever shown her to be and it left Elettra to wonder why, until now, had Angier not been the one for leadership. Though perhaps her views were bias due to the sour taste the other Lyall brother left in her mouth.
...But he was perfect. Just the right amount of arrogance, snappy attitude and quick words. Cunning and a survivalist, adapting to the world around him and thus, showing his strength to prevail in any situation. Still, he was proper and respectful. Even now his eyes shine away from looking at her directly, though every so often showing an act of defiance by stealing a glimpse, likely to be done more of in time on his new found throne. He was loyal, despite the many packs he had been in, whether he left because he wanted to or because they did not want him anymore, he had always been loyal to her. Even when they barely knew one another, he had looked out for her with warning. Even when he was in other packs, had come to her baring gifts with hopes for alliance. In the long run, he had always come back with hope in his eyes and promise on his lips. He was patient, in manners which she had not seen in many who she had held any moderate interest in. Her streak of likely dark, devilish bad boys had gotten her no where. Even she she did not openly return his affection, even when she flat out said she was pregnant to another male's pups, he had stuck around, be it in friendship or be it in love. It was hard not to try and make this work and so she would do her best.
He ends with an assurance that there was nothing to worry about, that she need not be stressed even with preparation for the winter and three children still in need for much care and attention. She takes in a deep breath, exiting it out deeply. He would be there for her, but lingering thoughts of her feeling like she needed to be there to know what was going on was that dominant, bull headed streak eating away at her again. This subject, as he pleaded for her trust, was surely more then just about leadership... "I admire the time you put into this and I assure you, all of it will be of no waste. Thank you, Angier...." She speaks her thanks as her tail waves behind her, remaining low in a relaxed placement as the tip of it wavers back and forth. She approaches nearer as he reassembles the collection, taking in her features as he does so. There is obvious hesitance in her pale gaze, the same weariness she held when she came to him, though she is smiling and her expression otherwise soft as she approaches him. "Love..." She whispers the name of such a feeling as she draws nearer, close, keeping away the bitterness in her tone in mentioning such a thing as 'love'. "Its...hard for me. But do know that anything ill I do, or say, it isn't because I don't trust you, Angier, because I do." She sits, settling next to the pile of herbs he had brought for her and directly before him. "...I wasn't always like this." She sighs, though keeps the smile forced upon her grey rimmed lips. Perhaps it was not the 'thunderous applause' he was looking for, but it was a start, right?
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

She voiced that she admired him, that she was appreciative of his deed and that, of course, none of it was going to come to waste. Somehow hearing those simple words from her felt different, more appeasing and satisfying compared to anything Alexander, Indru, Jaysyek, and even Borden might have said in the past. Though it was not initially the reaction he had expected from her, by his standards it was more than he had ever expected to receive. It was a start. Never in all his life had Angier expected himself to be happy with the simplest of his desires. Just having Elettra's words was now more valuable and more precious than Vlarindara's heart and soul, Borden's acceptance, Indru's blessings, Alexander's command. In fact, for her to draw closer to him after telling him such things rendered it priceless and, for once, the Lyall couldn't have been more grateful.

This... This was all he could have ever wanted.

The rare beauty that was her smile was taken in and placed to memory with hungry eyes. Ever since meeting Elettra Archer, Angier had never - ever - seen her so much as crack a grin. He returned the sentiment, beaming at her as he met her eyes, ready to withstand whatever would be unleashed from the reluctance he easily recognized. He would not pressure her further nor grovel at her feet or crumble into a modest presentation of submission. Since the rank challenge, he had become a changed man and he was ready to prove it to her time and time again.

"Love..."

The careful pronunciation of such a word piqued his interest immediately, his first impression believing that she had utilized the word as a term of endearment, just like how Borden had always soothed and comforted Jaysyek by calling her "Love." Again his breath caught in his chest and he was hanging on every syllable she spoke.

"Its...hard for me," she had said.
"I know," he straightened again.
"But do know that anything I'lI do, or say, it isn't because I don't trust you, Angier, because I do."
Angier's smile recovered again, touching the dark triangles beneath his eyes as he watched her ease herself into a seated position beside him.
"...I wasn't always like this."

Her affirmation had taken him by surprise but within several moments he came to accept it, to logically understand the possibility that Elettra was who she was because of some happenstance before his time. Her own smile was still apparent on her face, and seizing he opportunity, he, too, sat down. "There's nothin' wrong with that," he whispered, wanting to embolden her. "I wasn't always like this either." He paused to marvel at her and examine her face up close for what seemed like the first time, "I'll be honest an' admit that you changed me." The corner of his lip twitched upward, "An' I'm indebted to you for that.. For all you've done for me, really."

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
He allowed himself to be so understanding of her, to be so patient with her, caring... He did all that she required of him and more, as a subordinate of her and as someone with a willingness to take up the hard task of trying to court her. He never looked down upon her, nor mocked her, or challenged her, even as he was ranked at her side now with an obvious superiority in age and size. Her smile remains, struggling with the clash of her nervous pale eyes, darting everywhere about him and the land which they settled, savor his face. She did not think she could do what she was about to do if she looked him in the face. She didn't want to rush things, didn't want to mess this up. However, she did not want him to leave the pack, leave her, after growing impatient with her stubborn and unforgiving heart that was far to stuck on the past, ether. She expected, deep down in her twisted gut that he would one day leave though she hoped that perhaps, with her confessions this day, she could hold onto him for just a bit longer....She sighed, deeply. Well, here goes everything:
"I was...." She struggles with a way to begin, a way to make him understand without actually saying the words. "...hurt, you see..." Surely these words would make more sense once she continued on. "The physical stuff I could stomach. Its the cruelty of how it happened..." She trailed off, her jaw tensing as her canines clenched together. "It wasn't just some insanely barbaric rogue with a death wish." If only it had been, surely she would have not been broken in such a way. Not being able to fight off an enemy was far different then being unexpectedly betrayed by the one you were in love with. "I was in love - young, blind, and stupidly head-over-heels in love." Her smile flutters about her face but a moment more as her head lifts to take in an autumn breeze before her head falls, a sigh once more gracing her lips which end in a frown. "In the country of Torbine where I lived, the Empire, which I was royalty within, ruled above all. They knew all, saw all and conquered all. It was a land covered by salted water on all sides savor one, where towering, dangerous mountains protected us from the outside world. Any loners who entered did not go unseen by the Empire. A few bands were allowed to stay within Torbine on certain conditions...." She opens her story further with a small explanation of her homeland which she had left years ago before winding up here within the Lore.
"On one of my ventures outside the main land with guards at my heel, I met a man named Lycus Corvius. He was a Leader to a bachelor gang and so had no rights within my presence savor to bow at my paws. He was dark, charming and mysterious and I fell for him quick." At the description she offers Angier, and the mention of his name, she shutters. Though Angier looked nothing like Lycus, he was a year older the Elettra in the same manner and held the same charming, quick-witted, sly mannerisms. "I secretly ran off to be at his side, clinging hopelessly in my childishness..." Once more, her jaw tightens, her throat clenching to hold back the growl, the growl in thought of her own foolishness. Young love. Young stupid, ignorant love. "When I turned two, the truth of his intentions came to light. He wanted me, as the first and only princess of Torbine to it's current rulers. If he had me, he had power. I told him I was not ready, told him I did not know if I ever wanted pups.... so he raped me." She stopped there, her head remaining fallen, cast out to the side as her eyes trailed the pile of plants collected at her side. Her tail moved, curling over her paws as her limbs tightened around her in lack of comfort for the situation. Of course, that was not the end of the story and if questioned, she could explain further....what happened to him, to her, to the pups...
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

The silence that dared to creep up between them was staved off with another hesitant start, two words that had fallen from her lips. Why she was seemingly having trouble in opening up was quite intriguing to Angier, to say the least, but nevertheless he was more than willing to further exercise his patience and understanding while her tale unfolded. Apparently, some brute had done something... bewitched her and ensnared her... even from her high throne within the reaches of Torbine, her previous home.

He raised his brows, both of his ears twitching before settling back into their previous places, drawn forward and obviously ready to catch her every word. The man, Lycus Corvius, she revealed had been the one capture her in his grasp and rape her. It made sense. All of it. In fact, with all the details coming to light, it mirrored what Angier had initially thought of. If Lycus could capture the Princess Elettra Archer, he would have the whole of Torbine. In Angier's case, if he had been able to woo the Leader of Willow Ridge, he would find himself in a place just like Borden had secured. A Leader, a dominant male, a patriarch whose pack sought his care and security... If Angier had Elettra for himself, he, too, would seize the chance for a taste of power.

Now, though, in how she had just relayed her story to him, Angier discovered that he didn't want the glory and power that came with being Elettra's equal. He merely wanted the chance to prove that he was loyal, steadfast and a man of his word. His days of being a lone wolf were well behind him now and it was about time he adjust his bearings and adopt the code and values of what it meant to be a man of Willow Ridge.

The rest of the story, the Lyall found, was bound to be none of his business. If she had he means to reveal the fate of the pups (if there had been any to tell of) or what had become of Lycus and the kingdom of Torbine, then she would have told him. The pause in her story told him otherwise though and all he could think of was to say just this in hopes of seeing her proud stature rise up again: "I'm sorry to hear that... but if there's anything I can do in light of knowing what had happened to you then, I can promise that it will never happen again. Not under my watch."

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
we can end it somewhere around here if you would like.

His words were few yet comforting enough for her. She did not wish to hear any pity from his lips, no sorrowful whines or delicate touch as though this would brighten her spirits for what had happened to her and more so, what had happened to the four children born of such an act. He did not question ether and so she did not continue with her story. There would be no need in knowing what happened to the pups if any had been birthed, nor what had happened to the male who did the deed. The reasoning for her distrust, her distance, when it came to affections, had come to light and made obvious and so, with his lack of questions, came her lack of answers. The matter had been finished and with a deep breath, she fights off the memories and the subject with a determination to act as though it had not happened at all...
Squaring her shoulders, her ears perk with the lifting of her head, grey pale eyes meeting directly onto the pale golden hue of Angier's own. She faces her now equal, a small smirk playing upon the corners of her lips before she looks away, lifting with this fleeing attention. "Help me bring them in?" She directs her attention to the herbs, gathering a number gently within her jaws as though cradling one of her children. Once securing them and awaiting Angier's follow, she turns and makes way towards the Infirmary, nestled within the pack's den.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

Eventually she righted herself and it brought a wave of relief over Angier's own shoulders. The past was merely the past. She was here, they were here... together... and everything terrible that had come to pass were no longer relevant, especially since Elettra no longer called Torbine home and now had three lively and spirited cubs to look after. The sound of her voice brought him back to the present and he nodded briefly in response as she carefully began to gather half of the bouquet he had gifted her. "O' course," he obliged, smiling in return as he, too, lowered his head to collect the other half in his jowls.

Following her lead, the tawny Lyall trailed after her into the pack den and the Infirmary deep within it. As they piled his bestowal according to the rest of the dried stockpiles, he silently praised himself, gloating through and through as he congratulated himself for becoming one step closer to Elettra. What the winter season and the months shortly after could bring, he could only guess, but already he had to gall to anticipate his next moves in growing much, much closer to her than he already was.

(Applause.)