(See All?) Announcements
634 Users Online
Google, Bing

A Whisper and A Clamor
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Allie who has 103 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero

She moved as quickly as she could without really leaving his side, knowing that he was obviously unable to keep pace with a sore shoulder. Splashes of mud painted her slender legs and the long fur of her dirtied underbelly as she stepped through the puddles that dotted the ground, and here and there she would stop to issue him an encouraging touch as any good friend would. Even in the darkness, her yellow eyes held an obvious gleam of affection for the boy. Even though they hadn't really seen each other much or spent much time together lately, she knew that nothing had changed between them. Really.

Looking upon him, as impressive and suave as he'd ever been, his thick, dark coat sleek with water, a swell of something welled in her chest and gut...She cared about him, cared for him, in a way that felt like something more than friendship. It was like she missed him more now that he was right here, at her side, than she had all those days they'd spent without one another. As the raindrops crashed softly between her ears, it was plain that Ataneq was more special than she'd previously rendered.

In a short time, the black and white pair reached the small nook of fallen, ivy crested trees, the thunder that had before seemed like it had been hovering right over them sounding off in the distance. Ducking her head to slip quietly into the dry interior of the space, Luce disappeared into the dense darkness, quickly realizing that it was much deeper than she had thought. In a way it was perfect. At least they wouldn't have to worry about being splashed by the deluge and maybe they would even be able to dry off by sun up. Settling on her belly, her golden eyes searched the shadow for his dark form as she yearned for the warmth of his body against her own. "Come here," she whispered, her voice even despite the way his presence made her body feel as though it were trembling, heat flushing in her cheeks.

Played by Kira who has 110 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">
There was no amount of words for him to explain how obliterated and off balance he felt. With two important wolves in his life leaving him in the dust, he could not have felt more out of place. The second it hit him that his mother was no longer by his side, was a moment he felt like nothing. All he had ever known was his mother and that he would follow her endlessly but without knowing where it was she had gone, he couldn’t be with her. Ataneq would be searching for months more than likely if he went searching for her and by that time he didn’t think he would be able to make it. From the moment he had laid eyes on Lucero at the pack hunt he had decided that he wanted to make it worthwhile. That he would turn himself around for Lucy, just her. She was the only reason to stay.
Following her was easy, he just had to focus on watching her movements and not allow himself to think of the injury. To lay his mind off of it, he simply watched every subtle thing that she did so as not to find himself slipping into the lap of darkness. It was a relationship that he had not seen coming, one that he could not see himself ever forgetting. If Lucero were to leave him, he would no doubt follow her—he wasn’t going to lose another loved one. He simply couldn’t. The feelings he had for her were different than the ones he had expressed to Eponine. These feelings were strong, blinding him and making him incapable to see anything but bliss. To be with her now as she was helping him to find warmth in the rain, to be in the presence of someone who was setting aside time especially for his benefit.
By the time they reached the nook, he had very little awareness to take a second to admire the ivy crested trees. All he could think about was trying to stay alert and follow behind her. As she disappeared into the darkness, he too slipped in behind her and after taking a second to let his eyes adjust he found her lithe form laying upon the dark ground. Hearing her beckon in whispers to him, he settled himself down beside her and felt his breath slip out of his mouth uneasily. The pain of his injury flooded him, feeling the soreness like a heartbeat pulsing. Ataneq made a hissing ‘sss’ noise as he got into a comfortable position but even with the pain, he managed to lean forward and nuzzle at Lucero’s nape.

i'm currently looking for any kind of short or long-term plots, so message me if you've got an idea!
i.e. (friend/enemy/spar partner/pack recruiter, etc)
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero

She welcomed his large, wet form as he settled beside her, a furrow emerging between her brows as he grunted in pain. A low whine of her own swelled deep within her chest, but she pushed it back down. Lucero wanted to be strong for him; even if it hurt to see him like this, she knew that his pain was worse. As he nuzzled below her chin she shifted her weight to snuggle closer to him, the length of her lithe form cradling his back perfectly. She licked the water from her dark companion's crown, nibbling gently and affectionately long the point of his ear before canting her snout so that her cheek pressed against his. The storm outside was raging on, but for now they were safe and sound, right where she wanted to be.

For a time she was quiet, thoughtful, considering the reasons why they'd been apart for so long. It was not lost upon her that Siku was gone─the Tartok woman's scent had long since faded from the Glen. She seemed like a strong, proud woman, and it didn't surprise Luce that she'd moved on, if that's what she did. Before, she'd thought that perhaps Ataneq had agreed to stay, or hadn't wanted to leave the pack to depart with his mother. After seeing him at the short gathering before the hunt, though, she was quick to connect the dots...She didn't even remember her own family, but there was still always a pang of hurt to accompany her bemusement of who they were and what they were like, and being on her own without them. Undoubtedly, Ataneq had been close to his mother, and, undoubtedly, he suffered her loss.

The warmth between them rolled over her like a slow wave, relaxing her own tense muscles, and as heavy eyelids fluttered, she ran the tip of her chin slowly, softly, along the curve of Ataneq's muscled neck─both to keep herself from slumbering off and to soothe him, too. They had lots to talk about, but she would wait until he was ready, and for now she was content to count the beats of his heart as they thrummed against her side.

Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">
Water dripping down from atop the entrance to their nook, Ataneq quietly listened to them as he breathed in Lucero’s scent. Something about her simply warmed him, filling him with a love that he had been almost positive he couldn’t feel anymore. Then again, perhaps it had never left. There had been a time when he had first seen her, first talked to her and showed her his private sanctuary that he had felt a miniscule version of it. A feeling that he had not known was truth but as he lay there next to her, he could feel his heart thrum mercilessly. She was the puppet master, and he was the puppy—she pulled his strings whichever way she wished.
In a thousand different ways he wished to express how much he adored her, cherished her and never wanted to leave her side. If she left the Glen to join another pack, he’d be there. If she left entirely, he’d be there with her. Ataneq did not wish to be without her anymore, never. The distance between them that he felt he had put there had been a mistake. One that he would not make again, he felt sure of it. Exhaling he felt her cheek press against his and immediately felt the rhythm of her pulse beat beside him. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">“Luce,” he whispered as he brought his head up so that his amber eyes searched for her yellows. He wasn’t sure what he wanted to say as they surely had millions of things to share with one another.

i'm currently looking for any kind of short or long-term plots, so message me if you've got an idea!
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero

With the gentlest grin she met his thoughtful gaze, holding it as she searched the honey and copper of his eyes for something she thought she'd never find there before. There was so much more to him, parts of him she once thought she knew but hadn't seen the whole of. Ataneq had always been kind, strong, and honorable. He had been playful and supportive and reason when she didn't have any. His presence was not unlike the waves of the ocean of her memories─steady, constant, soothing.

He was and had from the beginning been her best friend. But tonight, in the darkness and with the distant echoing of rolling thunder a constant reminder of just how dangerous the world could be, he was slowly, breathtakingly, becoming an intricate part of her. As she looked upon him and he upon her, it was as though the sable boy was plucking her heartstrings and orchestrating a song that was theirs to know.

"Hmm?" she answered, the sound of her reply never leaving her throat where it delicately reverberated. The ends of his dark whiskers tickled the curve of her muzzle, so close that she could feel the warmth of his breath upon her nose. The girl leaned further into his form, the languid drip-dropping of the rain upon the ivy overhead not enough to steal her focus from Ataneq. She may have set out after sundown to find afriend, but with every moment they shared she knew that she'd discovered something bigger.

(This post was last modified: Sep 12, 2013, 02:25 AM by Lucero.)
Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
It was so hard to know what to say. All he could think about was how important she was to him and how all he wanted to do was make her happy. He wanted her to be by his side forever. He knew that it was unlikely given how everyone he got close to abandoned him but he just couldn’t give up. Atuaserk wanted to know that Lucero would be there for him in all beginnings and in all ends. As her voice broke the stilled silence once more he could feel his heart thump wildly within his chest as the thunder cracked outside.
In growing up he had always been taught to speak the truth and to understand how he felt. Never had he been untruthful to those around him, family or family friend. Now that he had a friend he knew that he needed to speak what was on his mind regardless of how jumbled it all felt in his mind. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“I am scared to lose you,” she looked to her lucid yellow eyes, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“as I have lost many I was close to.” It was painful to speak these words but only emotionally did they sting. It was in the dark depths of his heart, and his monster inside that was being forced away by her angelic glow, that he was able to speak with such honesty.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“However, I can’t not be without you.” Ataneq felt it was within his power to keep her close, he needed to have her. Inhaling, he took a deep breath and tried his very best to calm his beating heart. The nerves of this conversation beginning to crawl under his skin. He feared what she would say but more than that, he anticipated her reaction.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero
click! ♥

For the briefest moment his words surprised her, and she gazed back into the amber of his eyes with the slightest flicker of uncertainty in her own. She'd heard them clearly enough, but still she wished, not for the first time, that she could know his thoughts, too. Inhaling a shallow breath, the heart that raced only moments ago beat more slowly, more steadily, strongly, for him.

Heat flushed over her cheeks. "You won't be. I'm not going anywhere," she murmured. The true weight of the conversation between them was not lost upon her, and underneath the relief of having found him and the butterflies that were fluttering through her stomach, Lucero felt the pressure.

He wouldn't be without her, but she needed him as much as he needed her, and she was willing to give him more of herself if it would help to stitch the gaping, invisible wounds that marred his insides. A furrow settled between thoughtful brows as she spoke. "I know you're hurting, Ataneq, I can see it in your eyes. But the last thing I'll ever do is hurt you. You're─you're my best friend, and I need you more than you know." This was a fact she knew for sure after being without him for weeks and spending a night in the rain trying to find him. In a way, it felt like she'd been meant to find him like this, or, maybe, it had been he who'd found her.

She nudged him softly along his chin, hoping that he would see that he was right where he belonged.

Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
fade and new thread, if you want? <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;"><b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#144034;">
The mistakable large heart of his beat in rapid paces, building in size as the moments between them progressed. With her delicate hairs brushing against his and the delicate curve of her body nestled to his, he felt stronger than ever. She, this beautiful angel, had filled his darkness—the monster within him was temporarily vanquished whenever she was near. Although she likely could take care of herself until death came to pass, Ataneq wanted to protect her from anything she feared. Take care of her through sickness and health, no matter how difficult it may be. He had never known such a love as he had never known it existed until coming to the Glen. Yet here he was, battling his affections and losing quite miserably (though he didn’t mind).
It should have stung when she called him her best friend but it didn’t, it only fueled his desire to show her that he could be everything for her and more. In time he would do just that and he felt confident that she would see to his true feelings if she ever dared to look past another layer within him. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#004A80;">“Forever,” he murmured idly as he tucked his muzzle down onto the ground with his neck overlapping her own leg. Lucy was his, thinking about anyone else having her in the way he wished broke his heart but for now she was just his. This moment, here and in his dreams, she would stay for as long as he slept.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Lucero
Yes, please! ♥

Forever.

The word and the notion of it left a simmering grin upon her face. Forever seemed like a long time, but if there was one thing she knew, even if she didn't feel it yet, it was that life is short. The past months alone seemed like a blur, and she remembered them by the positive memories she'd made─many of them with him. Beside him now, the girl envisioned herself, years in the future; old and grey, somewhere far away in a sun-streaked forest, and Ataneq's dark black and silver form emerging between the trunks of the trees with a gleam of hope still in his amber eyes. Would she ever meet another day without him in it? If so, would she welcome his return, or wait and watch for it through the darkness and the hours, or the rain. She could. She could wait for him, or be with him, until the end, and she would. No matter what direction this life took her in, Lucero had faith and a hope that he would be there with her, to stand beside her or lead her, to offer his companionship, friendship, support, and love. This was his promise to her, and hers to him.

Breathing an easy sigh, the girl laid her chin along the nook between Ataneq's wide shoulders as the rain poured down around them.

"Forever." she affirmed in a quiet whisper, before drifting off to meet him in her dreams.

(end!)