(See All?) Announcements
502 Users Online
Bing

Back Of The Yards
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
@Isadora - sorry this took so long for me to get up!

what if i say i'm not like the others?
what if i say i'm not just another one of your plays?
you're the pretender, what if i say i will never surrender?

Food. Find food. Here? No. Wait. Sound. Where? The hare turned its head, beady eyes darting all around, searching desperately to find potential danger. There had definitely been a sound, of that it was sure, but what was it? What had caused it? Its ears twitched, nose crinkling with each sniff and then … bang. Like a bullet fired from a gun, something shot straight towards it. Delayed in its reaction, the hare was suddenly twisting in an attempt to flee. There! Big thing! Teeth! Run! Hide! Perhaps if its escape had been deployed sooner the hare would not have felt the sharp burn in its back, not felt itself be lifted from the ground and shaken around like trees in a storm. Perhaps that poor, small hare would not have died and the big thing with teeth would have no bones to crack.

Maksim stood victorious from his hunt, clutching the lifeless, bloodied hare between his jaws. He was no expert hunter, but he was smart enough to catch himself a small meal. Briefly, he considered bringing it back to the Rapids to add to the caches, though he decided against it; they were plentiful when he had left, they’d be plentiful when they returned. Besides, salmon were often found near the falls. It would not be hard for any Darkwater member to catch a quick meal, should they find the caches empty. Besides, there was the young yearling girl who sought the role of hunter. What was her name again? Isabelle? No, but it was similar. Isadora. That was her name! Honestly, the second hadn’t seen much of the girl, nor of @Lily which made the Baranski uneasy. Were they both well? He hoped nothing had happened to them.

Regardless, he settled to the ground where he had made his kill, hungry teeth sinking into the still warm flesh. He peeled back fur, almost delicately, before prying meat and muscle from bone. The whole ordeal was a complete polar opposite to the precision of pulling the skin away. Snapping his head back and swallowing chunks whole, it wasn’t long until the brute was left with nothing but a carcass. The hare’s rather shredded skin was almost like a morgue blanket, barely covering the majority of small bones and sloppy remains. Rising up from the ground, fully satisfied with his meal, Maksim shook out his fur and briefly stretched before long, thick legs pushed onwards, the second striding through Red Fern Forest. Still licking his lips as if he were savouring a gourmet meal, the Baranski lowered his nose to the ground, searching for a scent trail. Perhaps it wouldn’t hurt to find something to return to caches. At least then his trip through this neck of the woods wouldn’t end up seeming self-indulgent. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Played by Namara who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Isadora Montyago
<3 Totally fine, hover=translation. Sorry this starter post is a bit sucky...

Children grew, and Isadora was no excepting. The strong built teenager had been scouting out some prey for the catches when a strange, yet familiar scent reached her nose. It had been that guardian from the pack hunt whom she hadn't really talked to, but she had seen all the same. She knew most of her packmate's scents, but often she felt confused as if she couldn't tell who was who. She knew Lady Ava's scent like her front paws, same with her own, and of the two pups whom she had met, Rowan and Mace. But she saw this as an opportunity to perhaps talk to a packmate, or even prove that she was worth something in this pack. That was all she asked for.

She crept along the side of the falls, only to find a carcass and a scent trail that led to a grey, almost a light brown, and creme/white man whom she knew was the scent she was following. Her amber eyes filled with a cautioned curiosity. "Sir." She whispered, it was barely audible. She knew that as a packmate she could trust him, but that didn't make her not shy. She then spoke again, this time {unknowingly} in Spanish. "Señor, soy Isadora Montyago. La mayoría me llama Isa. Te conocí en la caza paquete, pero me temo que no sé su nombre." She said with even more of a hushed voice. She honestly had no idea how to hold herself up at that point. She had learned all about fine posture and how to talk with a loud and enunciated {not to mention rather obnoxious} voice, but she guessed she didn't really care. She held her tail lower, she was the lowest ranking out of the entire pack she was almost sure. Well, except for the princes and princesses, but they were probably higher than her too. Hopefully soon she would challenge that strange, white yearling above her and gain a higher rank.

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski

Hare was plentiful in Red Fern Forest, it seemed, for it didn’t take long for the Baranski to catch a whiff of one. It was a relatively fresh trail, too. Ready to set off and bring something back home, his ears swivelled when the voice of another caught his attention; barely audible, almost as if a mouse had whispered, but definitely there. Glancing over his shoulder, he was met with the low form of a black coated female. It was not Ava, no the voice was too soft and the eyes not as bright. She had addressed him as sir, though, so he pondered briefly if it were one of the Attaya yougsters? No, far too large. Successfully using the process of elimination, a little light switched on in Maksim’s head; this was Isadora, the second yearling to have joined Darkwater Rapids. The one he had thought briefly about not all that long ago. What a coincidence to have her pop up here.

Opening his mouth to greet the young woman, Maksim was cut off in the most curious manner that left him slack jawed. He furrowed his brow slightly as strange words came out of the girl’s mouth in an almost garbled mess. What on Earth was that? He’d never heard anything so strange! It was almost as if she had hit her head and was unable to make coherent sentences anymore. His jaws shut and opened again, flapping a little before he found his manners. The second of the Rapids sucked in a deep breath and shook his head from side to side as if to shake the confusion away. No point in hiding it, he hadn’t a clue what she’d said. It made no sense to him at all! … well, some of it made sense. He had gotten the sir before the gibberish had started. He’d also managed to pluck out the Isadora, too. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Forgive me, miss,” he began, apologetically, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“but I have no idea what you just said. Though, I did get the Isadora part.”

Turning his entire frame to face her, the second smiled slightly, dipping his head briefly in a formal greeting. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Maksim Baranski, second and guardian of Darkwater Rapids. My apologies for not introducing myself to you earlier. There’s simply no time for pleasantries during a hunt.” That hardly excused it, though. There was plenty of time for him to have said something after they brought down the buck. Still, now that he could see her properly, he briefly glanced over her. She was angular, slender, with light brown eyes that seemed to be brimming with caution. Her coat was not a solid black, different to Ava’s, and instead had silver and brown hairs scattered across her back and sides. She seemed to be in a position of absolute submission which Maksim found strange, considering they were neither in pack territory and he had not demanded a show of respect. Manners were important but this felt a little over the top. Perhaps she was simply shy? Strange … there seemed to be a lot of shy girls in the Lore.<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">

Inactive No Rank
Isadora Montyago
Sorry this took so long, awkward Isabel is awkward...

Isadora hid her face, a bit embarrassed once more, she had just went off in Spanish like it was her nature. At least it wasn't Russian again. She felt like Russian would be more confusing than Spanish to everyone who spoke the common tongue. "My apologize, I-I must h-have gone off in Spanish again. I'm bilingual. I speak Russian and Spanish... sometimes I go off in it without realizing it and I think I'm speaking English. It's nice to formally meet you Maksim Baranski. You can call me Isa or Isabel, most do. Though my full name is Isadora Montyago." She said, speaking slowly to make sure that she was speaking complete English. Isadora forced herself to remain calm, she was really shy around others, especially men. She had been that way since her parents told her the horrid news almost 6 months ago. She was just a pup then, but it hadn't mattered to them.

It was insane back at her old home. They had traditions that others found to be weird. People here called it mate, and they never had ceremonies to make them mates. One wolf asked and one responded yes or no. In her old home, a fae's parents arranged for a man to enter her life. They had this huge ceremony that they called a wedding and it took place only during fall, never during the other seasons. Then they weren't referred to 'mates' but wife and husband. She had no idea why her old home was so messed up, but she noticed every other pack and area it was just mates. Enough about her though, she was really curious as to who this Maksim actually was. He was a packmate, a high ranked one no doubt, he was somewhere along the lines of Second or Third. She shuffled her paws a bit. "How are you?" She said almost awkwardly, she wasn't use to being around men. Last time she was, they were her brothers, her family hated her because Indiago had found them, and Isadora wasn't with them. She intended to stay far away from him too, hopefully he would never see the pure white fur again.

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski

Maksim wasn’t a judgemental wolf, he was just easily confused by others actions. He tried his best to be understanding but, sadly, some things escaped him and shyness was one of those things he couldn’t wrap his head around. Raised to be proud, to be unashamed and bold, it simply seemed unnatural for any wolf to display such a trait to the large Baranski. The wolves of the Lore constantly proved to be so vastly different from his home pack, disregarding a choice few. Kade and Ava were the first to spring to mind. There was no doubt that they complimented each other and led well. The Baranski hoped for something similar, some day. He wanted someone who understood his thoughts, a wolf who could collaborate with him on several things.

The brute’s head tilted as Isadora mentioned being bilingual and a small twinkle was caught in his verdant eyes at the mention of ‘Russian’. Now, Maksim knew he was of Russian heritage though he knew very little about the land. His father had said it was far across the ocean, a distant land of ice and snow almost all year round. She apologised for the Spanish, something that still confused the agouti beast, though he nodded his head with what he hoped to be a reassuring smile. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“No need to apologise, miss Isadora, I’m just glad I can finally understand what you’re saying.” Had she ‘gone off’ like this with Ava? Or Kade? Clearly she had said something to impress them, so he wasn’t entirely sure whether or not his leaders were introduced to such a strange dialect. Perhaps he should ask Ava about it later.

He watched her for a moment, the scuff of her paws against the ground and couldn’t help but raise an amused brow at her question. How long had it been since he had been asked such a thing? Far too long. Casual questions such as “how are you” and “what have you done today” were certainly pleasantries that Maksim enjoyed. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“I’m doing well—the weather is fine and there’s plenty of prey about. How has the day treated you?” Glancing over his shoulder behind him, the guardian was reminded of what he sought to do in the first place. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Speaking of prey, Isadora, would you care to accompany me on a brief hunting expedition? Nothing too large, mind you; just a few hares to bring back to the caches in Darkwater Rapids.” He watched her, almost expectantly. She wanted to be a hunter, didn’t she? This would be a staple opportunity to display her skills to the second of the pack. He could put in a good word for her, after all.<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">

Inactive No Rank
Isadora Montyago
Profuse apology to you Mimi, this took way too long for me to get up </3
Shot through the heart, and your to blame
Isadora Montyago
darling you give love a bad name

Isadora shuffled her paws slightly, her face hot with embarrassment almost, it was frustrating to her that she always did that, every wolf she met asked her about her language because at some point in the conversation, she ended up speaking in either Russian or Spanish, sometimes even both. He asked if she would like to accompany him in a hunt, and she nodded happily, she always loved hunting, especially larger prey, though the smaller prey was easier to catch for the stores. "I’d love to, Maksim. I never pass up the opportunity!" She responded quietly, her mind reeled with unrealistic thoughts, her amber eyes held a flash of an emotion that she had never really felt before. She was unsure even what to call it, all she knew is that she had a love for the hunt, and she’d think more about it after they had hunted.

Her nose had been working overtime as of late, finding the scents of prey that she later caught and brought back to the stores, and she was so use to the surroundings she knew many places that prey liked to hide. Her tail held a small wag as she waited to see if Maksim had an idea of where to do, she knew a few places, but was unsure if she had hunted there too recently to find anything. She found herself to be almost in an awkward state of thought. Her head was held rather low, always shy. She had no idea what caused her lack of speech, she knew only that it happened a lot with several different people.

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski

Her shy shuffle was endearing and the agouti male couldn’t help but feel that, maybe, he’d said something out of line with the “finally understanding” comment. Was she sensitive about being … what was it she had called it? Bilingual? Bah, it didn’t matter. Her young face lit up and Maksim smiled when she agreed to a hunt, his tail wagging a little at the prospect of some company and a good day of hard work. She could see the gleam in her eye; she enjoyed the thrill of the hunt, didn’t she? The adrenaline, the sound of your own paws thundering across the ground with each long stride, the capture or even the loss. Yes, he understood that gleam in her eye all too well. He had a similar glint when the prospect of a good spar arose.

<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Well then, miss Isadora,” he began with a light hearted nudge to her shoulder with his, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“consider this your chance to really wow me with your hunting prowess.” He winked, a light hearted chuckle rumbling in his chest, as that signature flick of his left ear occurred. When it had come about, not even his family were sure but it had stuck with him through his adult years. A quirk of his that just simply hadn’t let go. Lowering his nose to the ground, he sniffed around, catching he scent trail once again before glancing up at Isadora. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Shall we be off then?” He set off, intent on returning with quite a good amount of hare, with Isadora close behind him.

(Fade to black—presume Maksim and Isadora pranced around together, gleefully, and caught themselves some tasty hares to bring back home.)

<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">