(See All?) Announcements
542 Users Online
Bing, Google, Isla

Inspiration from Desperation (AW, RE)
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kaitlyn who has 57 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Deneb Cygni
Deneb gazed sidelong at Caniri for a moment. The younger male seemed hesitant to tell Deneb too much, but that was only due caution. After all, the world held many dangers, and some of them wore friendly masks and had pleasant voices. Outside, the wind continued to howl, a more obvious and tangible menace, one that had probably driven every other creature in the area to ground like themselves.

The Cygni beast nodded in thanks as his new acquaintance described the location of his pack. Magnolia Glen, he committed the name to memory, along with the directions Caniri gave. "I should hope so," he responded to the white wolf's warning. A pack that didn't keep a tight watch on the borders was simply asking for trouble. For the time being, Deneb had no desire to start that sort of trouble. "You're lucky to have found a pack this winter," the smoky wolf continued on. "This winter is the cruelest I have seen yet. I fear that if I don't find the one I'm looking for soon, I may have to give up until spring...."

-----

The storm raged on for several hours. Insulated in their makeshift cave, it was hard for Deneb to tell whether the darkness outside was from the storm or from the fall of night. Despite his weariness, the beast was not in a mood for sleeping - his mind was not at rest. It still trekked through the frozen wilderness, rarely restful, always seeking. The conversation between the two wolves ebbed, until at last the wind began to quiet and the world became still once more.

When it did, he rose, and gave his new acquaintance a curt nod. Deneb had never really been one for goodbyes, even with those he was more than simply an acquaintance to. And so he left the little snow-den wordlessly, vanishing into the lingering snowfall like a ghost. Perhaps now, other creatures would be venturing forth after the storm's fury had gone. Filling his aching belly was the first thing on Deneb's agenda, and after that... well, this Magnolia Glen sounded as if it might be a place worth investigating.

{exit}
(This post was last modified: Jul 02, 2014, 07:51 PM by Deneb.)
[Image: CygniSig.png]