(See All?) Announcements
704 Users Online
Bing, Google

Those Who Left — Darkwater Rapids 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
There was a twinge in her fear as a stranger spoke clearly speaking over everyone else and suddenly taking charge. Who was she? Anastasia did not see the ignorance for a second as she spoke as if she was taking charge away from Maksim who had already notified everyone that he was quite qualified in assisting everyone in their path across the mountains. It was he who had brought her here and she would be lost if she followed anyone else but him anywhere. So, while rubbing her cheek against Lachesis’s neck her cerulean blue eyes looked to Maksim with hope for direction.
From then when the woman spoke, he was quite to answer coldly towards her. For a moment she felt her lungs clench at the air within her throat, holding it there as he spoke. It had not been directed at her but she sure hoped that it would never be. Intently she listened but as he spoke, a shriek sounded the area and it seemed another child had found their way to them which sent a wave of relief in Anastasia though she wasn’t really sure who else had not yet shown up. She didn’t know anybody quite yet aside from Lachesis and Maksim. So, with a pointed gaze it returned back to Maksim and awaited for his signal to move. As soon as he did then she would follow him with all the grace in the world and with all the strength that she could muster for the journey.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

As much as the shouting words that passed between Maksim and Namara angered him, he knew that he would have done the same thing if he would have been in the same position as him. It was why when the female’s familiar green eyes caught his own he gave her a look that was much like the one he use to use when he did not want her to question his actions. An alarming squeak caused him to snap his head towards another small figure that was bounding towards him…or rather the little pup in his jaws. It was good to see that another one of Ava’s children were safe and he was relieved that Namara would be able to carry them. Though he gave Maksim points for not trusting them yet, he once again had to fault the man for his easy temper in such a dangerous situation. His anger focused on one wolf could have endangered them all and it would have not been good. He was incapable of snapping at their soon to be leader and remained silent knowing it was no longer his place to give such orders and to a man he had just met.

He continued to wait patiently, his mossy green eyes nervously darting from side to side. They needed to leave and they needed to leave soon. He had not realized that Maksim had once again mentioned the two former Poison Path wolves, but when the male’s eyes fell upon him, he dipped his head in respect, his mossy green eyes looking back towards the looming forms of the mountains. Ash did not why this other dark male was taking so long in giving the order for them to move. IN his jaws he could feel little Quil twitching and shaking and the Guard continued to make the small princess as warm as he possibly could. Ash hoped that Namara was doing the same thing to the little princess Cinder that he had met once very briefly. Hopefully, his body warmth was giving the small pup some ounce of comfort, though Ash was sure that the only thing that would fully comfort her would be dry, solid ground.

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Played by Ghoff who has 133 posts.
V. Subordinate
Namara Hervok
Namara nearly flew into a rage at such a suggestion that she would attempt to slip herself into an alpha's role. So much so that she nearly snapped at Maksim, traitorous thoughts circled her head. Arrogant Bastard! If I wanted your pack under me I would have it! Do you truly think I want Ava's spot? That I would betray one who saved my very life? You are a fool! a flea bitten fool! But she curbed her anger and gave Maksim a look that seemed as though it could sear the rain to steam and turn him to dust. Calmly she blinked once, her ear twitching at the tiny squeak from Cinder and she spoke calmly, and strongly. "If we become lost, call on Ash and I, and do not be foolish, one mountain crossing does not make an expert of this particular mountain. Just be careful with their pack."

Namara made a point clear in those words. It was not her pack, and it was not his pack, they were only supposed to be getting out alive, not fighting over leadership. If it weren't so dangerous she would have scoffed at him and told him why he was a fool. But then tension ran high in a crisis anyways, the only wolf she ever worked well with was Ash. That is why when she saw him her anger melted away, this was someone she knew, and someone who knew she only wanted everyone out alive. For a moment a sad look crossed her face as she whispered to him, "I don't know if I'll ever be home."

Simple words that would beg an explanation after they made their way to the new pack. Possibly they could have been nothing more than stress and sadness at this latest tragedy. But maybe they were something more for Namara. She pushed these thoughts aside and scooped up the little pup next to Ash pressed against him, her stomach was aching now and her head hurt, she just wanted out of here, where maybe things could change for the better. Maybe Kade and Ava would be on the other side and Namara wouldn't have to worry about Maksim's hotheadedness anymore. Or his accusations.

Played by Alanna who has 82 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Destin McBain
Water continued to rush around him. Everywhere Destin looked all he could see was blurry shapes and rain pouring down. His body went into autopilot, his instincts attempting to protect him from the death that could be coming. Paddling quickly, simply in order to keep his head above the water, the large male's golden eyes pleaded to the sky to save him. Nothing else was on his mind now except staying alive. He had no more energy to call out, and he could feel the current getting the best of him, pulling him under towards the abyss. The only thing left to do was to stay afloat as long as possible, and hope that somehow he would survive.

His plea to the sky seemed to be answered when something grabbed him by the scruff, as a mother would to her pup. It was pulling him upwards out of the water. The sudden pressure caused his legs to move frantically, making contact with the stone top of the den. Destin scrambled forward onto the rock, breathing heavily, his thick fur plasted down completely and moving outward at odd angles. He could not even move, he could only feel the cold, wet surface and hear the rain all around him. A few moments passed and the large male managed to get some energy back. Lifting up his head, his paws pushed against the rock and he stood, shaking, there. His gaze moved towards the female wolf that had rescued him. "You saved me," he rasped, still coughing up the water that had forced itself down his throat during the struggle."Thank you."

"speech"

DARKWATER Rapids
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
(This post was last modified: Oct 25, 2013, 09:02 PM by Destin.)
Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
Looks like we're all done here, finally! Feel free to add your own, final reply (and don't feel like you have to match this length x-x). I'll be archiving it tomorrow, so you might want to hurry if you do.

I might have gotten a little teary eyed over this ... :') I'm such a sap.

Maksim was a proud wolf, raised to be righteous and to know his place. He was not one for brutal stares such as the one Namara was offering him, a look that spelt nothing but a lack of respect for the leader of Darkwater Rapids. To him, it was a step too far. The ungracious stare made his blood boil and his lip rose, a thundering snarl ripping from within as he once again snapped at her, teeth clashing with an intimidating click. How dare she? The brute had to resist the urge to charge her, to knock her down into the water beneath them, to have her beg for his mercy. The words she uttered were nothing more than falderal and the Darkwater leader would not take them without a rebuttal. Whilst Namara would let her traitorous thoughts swim in her head, he would take the initiative in speaking as a leader. His tail raised upright and he displayed clear dominance over Namara. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#d8ddcf;">“I was born upon a mountain, you ignorant cur. I have travelled across it and many others in my time. Are you as stupid as you are ill-mannered?” His tail rose as he took a step forward, his muzzle still wrinkled and his sharp canines still exposed, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#d8ddcf;">“I have more respect for the dangers of the slopes than I have for you.”

<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#d8ddcf;">“This is, as of now, my pack. It was mine before this disaster, during Kade’s den ridden state, so do not spit words of “their pack” at me.” How dare she mention them, as if she had the right to bring them up! If she had an ounce of respect for both the Attaya wolves, then why had she been so scarce on their lands? She was a pathetic excuse for a woman and a pack wolf. And suddenly, he was straight to the point. He would not beat around the bush. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#d8ddcf;">“As soon as we cross this mountain, you are to leave immediately, less I be forced to remove you by my own tooth and claw.” Namara’s disrespect was met poorly by the Baranski. As far as he saw it, she was a danger to the delicate hierarchy of the pack. She was trouble. His case would have been further proved had he heard the words she uttered to her friend. He would have shoved her down, beneath him, demanding she show him the respect he rightfully deserved right then and there. Luckily for her, that would never come, though she may receive quite the beating if she tried to face off against him. Which would be worse? Being pushed out just before winter or being put in your place? If only she’d not tried to push her way in charge …

Slowly, the leader turned his attention away from Namara. He was cautious and wouldn’t put an ambush from behind past her. She seemed wily enough to attempt it. The Baranski was already alert, given the current situation, but it was focused elsewhere. Barking to the soon-to-be-evacuees of Darkwater Rapids, Maksim addressed the bunch. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#d8ddcf;">“Let’s go!” Lifting a paw to turn leave, the male’s jaw fell agape as Astra suddenly split away from the group, throwing herself straight into the vicious, turbulent currents. What on earth was she thinking? Had she fallen victim to a sudden bout of somnambulism? Or did she simply have a death wish? He pushed through the water, to the back of the pack, regardless of whether or not they should leave immediately. The agouti male truly cared for the safety of all his followers. Frantic, reptilian gaze followed her. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#d8ddcf;">“Astra,” he bellowed, his ears folding back though not out of anger but out of worry. He watched as she grasped onto something—no, someone—and pulled it into the top of the den: Destin. Relief flooded through him, though they could not waste another moment in these lands. Her decision could have ended disastrously.

<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#d8ddcf;">“Astra, when you and Destin can, find your way back to us! We have to leave now!” Knowing that @Astra (and hopefully @Destin, too) would understand, that their situation with the children was dire, he turned and once again took his position at the front of the pack. He inhaled deeply, glancing behind him. There they all stood, awaiting the order to move. @Anastasia and @Lachesis. Their tight friendship offering one another support. Taras (born as @Hati yet not known as that). Silent as always, yet willing to leave and march by the Baranski’s side. @Quil and @Cinder. The sisters he would protect as if they were his own young. @Ash. A stranger to the Baranski, though he was pack all the same and had done nothing wrong. Yet. Finally, @Namara Laylani. A wolf who, at this current time, he wouldn’t care about if she was swept away. Darkwater Rapids’ members (and one soon to be ex) ready to follow. Maksim looked straight ahead and with a loud, booming bark he began to run forward, knowing they would follow.

Behind him, he left @Kade and @Ava, @Mace and @Rowan. Maksim could only pray to whatever gods that may exist his friends and their young be safe, that they find a new haven to raise their two beautiful princes. He wondered of the yearlings, @Lily and @Isadora, too. Were they safe? Were they with the Attaya family? His heart stung a little at the few wonderful memories he had here. He was leaving his first true home within the Lore. The place he had found a new family, where he had hunted with his pack mates and rested with them, too. The place where he had seen his leader’s children grow, where he had sworn himself to protect them from whatever dangers lay within these lands. The place where he had what every wolf wanted: security. It was much harder than leaving Grizzly Hollow. Here, in the Darkwater Rapids’ territory, he had made his own name mean something. Part of him now began to understand how Kade, Destin and @Sibyl may have felt leaving the Cedarwood Forest. It was like leaving behind a part of him. He could not be entirely sad, though. The future could be—and would be—bright elsewhere, under his command; a pack that would truly be his in heart and name, a land of opportunity, of strength and of compassion. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#d8ddcf;">

table by mimi, image by hun
(This post was last modified: Oct 28, 2013, 06:11 PM by Maksim.)

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Played by Alanna who has 82 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Destin McBain
I'd like to get a post in here if the posting order doesn't mind :)

Destin's sharp, rasping cough soon turned into a gag, and then silence as he spit up the last of the water. He closed his eyes shut tightly as another cough racked through his body, then another a few minutes later. Destin's teeth chattered against each other and he felt entirely waterlogged standing there on the den. Lots of fur might be good in the winter, but it was the bane of his existence in a flood... Looking upwards at the sounds of snarls and harsh language, the McBain was met with the sight of Maksim, the brown wolf who had challenged him only a month or two prior. Destin had given up figuring out that encounter long ago, and held a rather hesitant, neutral view of the male. He had seen no sins that the large male had committed against the pups or the past Darkwater leaders, and he seemed to have made a good name for himself in the pack. That was good enough for Destin, to forgive and forget.

But now the green eyed male in front of him was a leader. The new leader of the pack that would be forming beyond the mountains. The whole experience was ironic to Destin, they ran across the mountains in order to escape from death, and now they were galloping in the complete opposite direction to escape it once more. Was this pack cursed somehow? Why did the territories they settled in reject them so? Multitudes of dreary thoughts mirroring the current weather wandered through and left Destin's thoughts as he observed Maksim, who appeared to have taken control of the situation. Nodding in his direction, the golden-eyed male glanced over at this newly-named Astra and then back to the rest of the wolves he had just recently noticed were so close by. Time appeared to be of the essence, and Destin was taking no more chances with the water rapidly rising. One more look signifying a "I'd like to talk to you later," to Astra, the male nudged her forwards to encourage her to move along and convey that he was quickly recovering from his ordeal. The secret was that an aching pulled at his legs and muscles and all he wanted to do was curl up in a nice, warm place to sleep... but the pack needed him now. No matter who the leaders were, loyalty was loyalty.

The subordinate joined the group, a myriad of wolves who were both in the pack and outside of it. One looked positively fuming at the moment, other than Maksim of course, but Destin's curiosity was replaced by relief when he saw Quil amongst the wolves. At least one pup had escaped but... what about the others? Grief filled his large body and it took all he could not to howl a mournful cry to the wind that whipped around them. Ava and Kade were no where to be seen, and the large male felt like a failure once more. As the group began to run Destin instead focused his eyes on the road ahead, new travels opened up for him with every step behind Maksim that he took.. He had lost so many now, including his closest friend, Sibyl, who he had not seen for quite some time and, in this storm was most likely...

His throat tightened and his body tensed. Destin's mind automatically shut out the idea, hoping that the resourceful, intelligent female would have figured some way out of this mess. They would reunite someday, surely.. It was the only positive thought he had left after being displaced twice in less than a year. Hopefully, under Maksim's new leadership, a new alliance would form under wolves that would live in harmony in a peaceful territory that encouraged and welcomed them, instead of deceiving them. By now Destin had learned it was a stretch but... a wolf could dream, right?

"speech"

DARKWATER Rapids
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
(This post was last modified: Oct 28, 2013, 10:52 PM by Destin.)
Played by Trix who has 32 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Astra Sellix
Her aim had been accurate and her grip secure. She had managed to pull the unknown male up ontop of the rocky den with her. Her chest heaved with labored breathing thanks to the strenuous swim she had just managed. The wolf looked just as wet and miserable as the rest of them. Worriedly, she watched over him as he sputtered up water before choking out some words. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size: 11px; color:#385d79;">"It was the least I could do. Anything for a fellow pack member." Was her reply as her tail swayed back and forth. Introductions could come later. Right now they had to evacuate and reach the mountains. The concerned voice of Maksim reached her ears, which stood up as she swiveled her head towards him. A sharp bark indicated that she was wasting no time in reuniting with his group.

It took only a short leap down before her paws were submerged in water again, but this time, much shallower. A few paces took her forward to rejoin the group, which had yet to depart. Mainly because Maksim and the earthy brown female had been in a heated argument. While she knew little to nothing about either of them, the fact was that Maksim had been the one to accept her into his pack just days ago. He was the only leader she knew, and so would continue to look upon him as such. Doing a quick head count, Astra made sure that everyone was close together. Her stormy eyes landed on each of the pups, with a hint of concern. Not for their health, but for their emotional well being. This was likely the only home they had ever known, and now the water was tearing it apart. She really did hope that they would come out alright in the end. They were so young.

As her leader began to move at the helm, guiding his followers out of the forest and away from danger, Astra followed suit, happy to take up the rear for now. Water licked at her heels, rain pelted down through her coat. Squinting her eyes against the rain, she was relieved to see that Destin (whose name she did not know) was among them. She moved close to his side, sensing his tension, his uncertainty. Pressing her flank against his, she tried to offer him some form of assurance, although her water logged fur did little to offer any warmth. She knew not where they were going...only that the mountains were their immediate destination. After that, who knew? But hopefully beyond them a better, safer future would await.

-Astra exits-<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#385d79;">

@Astra - Make sure you close your divs! You had one missing. Also, you need to open and close your <p></p> tags properly.
(This post was last modified: Oct 29, 2013, 01:02 AM by Corinna.)
Played by Ghoff who has 133 posts.
V. Subordinate
Namara Hervok
*PP Ash with permission from Lightning.

She sighed, and took a deep breath through the turmoil and inhaled the scent of the young she carried. Maybe one day things would be okay, she could be a mother maybe, as much as the thought was foreign to her, Namara couldn't deny that it had appeal to her. But those thoughts were shattered with Maksim's voice. She felt the crack in her facade, like porcelain she would shatter now, and instead of the empty shell she had been before in the face of disaster, she was full. Full of rage and hatred for mother nature and all wolves who conspired to break her down. She did not show this at first while she calmly walked over to the others and set down her soaking wet bundle.

Namara never saw who she had approached, nor did she notice Ash following suit, but she turned and spat her words at Maksim with all the venom her heart could possibly muster, "At the beginning of winter you banish me? Know that if I die it is you who has sentenced me to death, you whose paws my blood will stain forever, may you rest knowing that every cold night in your den. If I survive, know that I shall return, just for you. You will wish I hadn't." With that she turned and ran blindly into the rain, not even one tear fell from the eyes alight with anger, she headed towards the highest peak the mountain had to offer.

Namara needed comfort, she needed solace and isolation. She ran blindly and would periodically slip and fall into mud and water, still she did not notice Ash Hervok following her. Slowly she was falling back into the Laylani she had been when she arrived in the Lore in the first place. Namara was trying her hardest to outrun it but she knew by the time she reached the peak of the mountain she would have to face it.

*Namara and Ash Exit*