585 Users Online
Bing, Google, Jadon

When it Rains — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Ooc: It's fine Fen, mine's been sh*t as well :/

The rain was as relentless as ever, rushing down and obscuring the surroundings, the thunder of the drops hitting the leaves above, filling the red-pelted girl's ears as she slowly moved through the wet forest. Her mind was in a gloom, thoughts moving slowly, as if through the same thick mud as her paws, and trailing off in all directions, she thought herself alone, yet again, and didn't pay much attention to her surroundings; especially what lay behind her. So the outcry came to her with a delay, echoing hollowly in her ears, and she stopped up, head turning in surprise.

A few leaps behind her, Black was standing on shaky legs, staring at her paws, seemingly haven rushed back out into the downpour to stop Aideen. The sight snapped the lass out of her dejection, and she stared puzzled at the other wolf, ears flicking attentively in the rain; Come back... She wants me to stay? I weird mix of feelings stirred in her slender body, drenched hackles tinkling as her mind spun with doubts and questions, and she stood indecisive, on stiff legs. Should she respond? What should she say?! Do I even want to talk? Suddenly, the fox-like fae felt incredibly tired, her entire body heavy, and a throbbing ache budding in her head.

She sighed heavily and shook her fur, parting her jowls to speak at the dark wolfess, but then a cold drawl sounded from behind her ebony form; rolling through the rain as a bodiless voice, though Aideen knew all too well who it belonged to. Her whiskers twitched, lips curling into a grimace, and she lifted her head slightly, eyes traveling to the intelligible shadows behind Black, where she knew Big was resting in the dry of the caves. For a moment she fell her anger flare up again, but it was short-lived, quickly extinguishing in the downpour; I'm too tired for this! Shaking her head lightly, she once more turned her copper gaze to the dark dame before her, speaking in a firm, but drained voice: <b style="color:#c7470f">"She's right!" Sighing lightly, the tri-colored girl forced a slight smile onto her face and continued drearily: <b style="color:#c7470f">"I appreciate your concern, but I have no place here..." At this statement, she offered another glance in direction of the cave, and the oversized wolf within, to underline her point, and then ended: <b style="color:#c7470f">"I will be going." She let the statement ring in the wet space between them, leaving Black to decide for herself whether to go back to her cave, or follow suit.

In truth, she didn't really care at this point, which the choice would be. She wouldn't mind the company, and there was still the matter of apologizing her words to the colorless woman, but she was also fine with being alone, tiredness making her lids heavy, she just wanted to get moving. Find a dry place to sleep...

Word count: 484

I'm not stupid <b style="color:#c7470f">”I've got bark!”

Played by Vickie who has 58 posts.
VIII. Lowest
Lalani Callahan
Lalani stood with her head hung low, rain sloughing off her shoulders and running down her snout. Her eyes were down-cast but her perked ears caught the sound of Red's footsteps. She stopped and seemed to be thinking. Lani risked a glance up and saw Red react to Big's comment. Lani growled. She did mean it, thats why she was doing something about it. Didn't they realize how much this cost her? How insane she alreay felt? Lani watch as Red turned only to tell her she was goig to stay. Lani felt like hanging her head in shame, but refused. She was already acting beneath herself. She wasn't stooping any lower.

Lani steeled herself for the innevitable hurt when Red gave the final rejection by walking away. Lani felt ashamed of herself. She couldn't believe she had done this. It was even worse knowing that it hadn't worked. Lani was so busy moping about that it took her a second to realize that Red hadn't left yet. She seemed to be hesitating, waiting for something. Lani looked to Red and it accured to her that she might be waiting for her. She felt torn. She seemed to get along well enough with Red and wouldn't mind staying with her but she also idn't feel it was fair to leave Big when she had offered the use of her cave.

Lani took what felt like forever to decide, but was really only a few seconds. She turned back to Big and approached the mouth of the cave. Speaking to the large female inside, she said, "I appreaciate the offer, and your mercy. I won't forget this. If you ever have need, find me, I'll come to your aid. My word is worth more than my life." With that she gave a final nod to Big and turned back to Red. She hoped that Big understood. She wasn't leaving her as a stranger, but as an ally.

Coming up beside Red, Lani bumped shoulders with her. Giving a shy smile she took a step forward. "So... if we're going to be hanging for a bit, what's your real name Red?"
Played by Fenrir who has 32 posts.
No Rank
Cézanne
Shitty weeks should be banned.

The world is never quiet. Her pulse was a pounding in the darkness of her body, the drum-beat of an army thrumming through her veins; she could always feel her heart, always that power ricocheting through her body. Even in the stillest of forests you can hear—feel—your heart. Life itself is noise."I appreciate your concern, but I have no place here..." The girl's voice was just another adscititious noise in the world, blending with the rain and the groan of wood; Cézanne had closed her eyes, and the faint smile turned into a wolf's grimace. You have no place because you do not make a place for you. To the wandering queen, life was that simple; to use I have no place here as an excuse seemed thin to her, weaker than just saying I don't like you so I'll leave.To her surprise, the sound of paws led back to the cave, and in the dry dimness her eyes flickered back into life. Indeed, the world was full of surprises; Black stood in the cave mouth, looking at her earnestly, and Cézanne stared back with her quiet impassivity. And whatever had she done to deserve such an offer from a stranger..? Her eyes narrowed. It didn't seem like the fawning she was used to, and the logic behind it was altogether lost on her. True to her nature, her response was simple. » I see. « She would not offer the same thing in return. She had no desire to pledge her aid to foolish strangers. Her eyes, her face, drew into a sardonic wolf-smile. » Sleep well. «Her voice straddled pleasantry and mockery with near perfection, an art she had polished for long, long years.And again, her gleaming, wild eyes hid behind their lids, and Cézanne left the world to its harsh darkness.Mercy. Pah. Wolves have no mercy.

Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Ooc: AGREED FEN!
- So, really we could just end it here (or after another post from Lalani), say they found somewhere to sleep and then split ways in the morning..??

The tri-colored girl felt her body starting to tremble lightly in exhaustion, drops of water clinging to her brows, adding to the heaviness of her eyelids. She wondered absently how much longer she could keep on her paws, eyes watching the black woman before her, impatience steadily growing as she awaited her response; It's not that hard, just make a choice! And it seemed she did, turning around and moving back to the cave. Sighing lightly, Aideen turned herself, starting on her way into the wet of the forest, head hanging low. She felt a faint sting of disappointment, but it was nothing she hadn't expected, Black would have to leave one of them, and since they were practically strangers, there was no reason for the dark woman to give up her dry sleep-spot in favor of the orange girl.

Such moving in her own daze, it was with no small amount of surprise that Aideen felt a bump on her shoulder, and turned to see Black by her side, trotting through the rain with a bashful grin across her ebony face. She widened her eyes and offered a small smile herself, bowing her head at the other wolf to show her appreciation of her choice; and then cocking a brow at her question; RED?! Despite her fatigue, the small femme's smile spread to a real grin as she responded in kind, ears waving in friendliness; <b style="color:#c7470f">"Well, I'm Aideen. Aideen Smoke! How about yourself, Black?" It seemed, in the end, everything had turned out nicely, and she might even have made herself a new friend; Even though it was a STRANGE way to make friends..!

As they continued through the mud, Aideen felt a pleasant warmth spreading in her body, despite the rain, lifting her head a bit as she moved with her quick, short steps. In truth she was very happy that the stranger had chosen to follow her, even if they weren't gonna do much talking, which reminded her; <b style="color:#c7470f">"Oh erh... uhm..." A faint embarrassment heated her cheeks as she turned her eyes back to Black, but this had to be done, and the sooner the later; <b style="color:#c7470f">"And, by the way, I'm sorry. About snapping at you I mean, back there... I didn't mean to, you just surprised me..." Hopefully the, soon to be named, black wolfess would accept this apology, and they could start fresh; Seems a lot can happen on a rainy day..!

Word count: 407

Played by Vickie who has 58 posts.
VIII. Lowest
Lalani Callahan
Lalani pondered the big female's reaction. She didn't seem like she was going to try to kill her but she wasn't going to be getting any help from her either. She clenched her teeth in frustration. If Big didn't want to accept her offer, that was fine by her. The less Lalani had to do the better, but she wasn't going to be giving her another chance. She had only offered in the first place because Lani wanted one less set of teeth snapping at her heels. She sighed and decided to forget about the wolf in the cave and instead, focus on the one at her side.

The female smiled and answered. So, the she really did have a name. Aideen. It wasn't something that Lalani had heard before but it seemed to suit the small, red, female. Black? Well, I guess great minds think alike. Aideen's entire demeanor changed as they got farther away from the wolf of the cave. Lani found herself enjoying the company. Strange firends indeed. She had reached a new NOVITIATE in her life. Making friends. She hadn't had to worry about it in her last pack. There were no friends there.

Lani was about to tell Aideen her name when she did something very unexpected. The firery little female apologized. She seemd sincere and very contrite. It's alright. You were cornered. I probably would have done the same thing. My name is Lalani. Sorry about, the...uh...meltdown back there.

As they spoke Lani tried to keep her eyes open for some sort of shelter. She remembered finding a hollow beneath tree roots the day before but wasn't sure if she was in the right area or not.

(This post was last modified: Nov 09, 2013, 01:19 AM by Lalani.)
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila

A pleasant expression on her face, yet exhaustion evident in her step, the small wolfess kept shifting her eyes between the black dame at her side, and the soaked forest around them. She was looking around for a suitable replacement for the cave behind them, and simultaneously staying focused on her companion, waiting for her response to the apology, and her name; She doesn't look like she's holding it against me... The red girl shook her head in the rain, careful this time around, to keep the excess water spilling form her fur away from Black; not that it did much difference.

As the other started to speak, Aideen quickly turned her full attention towards her, a grateful grin lining her features as the dark woman expressed understanding with her words, before offering a title; Lalani... It had an unfamiliar ring to it, which made the fox-like fae like it even more, a testament of how far away she must have originated. Nodding in recognition, her expression changed, brows lifting, at Lalani's last words, and a hint of confusion lined her features; <b style="color:#c7470f">"Meltdown..? I didn't notice anything..." She trailed off, wondering if the lass had been talking about her rapid change of decision, but soon forgot her puzzlement, as deep-copper eyes settled on a small burrow under a fallen tree-trunk close by. <b style="color:#c7470f">"Look!" She exclaimed, and quickly trotted over, a burst of energy filling her tired form at the prospect of dry shelter.

The nook wasn't very big, it looked to be a tight fit, but if they squeezed a little close together, they should be able to both keep dry; Good thing it wasn't big... The femme absently pondered, a faint giggle escaping her at the thought; For several reasons! Looking back at Lalalni, she gave a confirming smile and called: <b style="color:#c7470f">"This should do, it's just for one night!" Then she turned back and crawled down under the trunk, a sigh of relief falling from her maw as she once more found herself free of the relentless downpour. Curling up, as far back as possible, pushing against the dirt-wall, a faint thought of the clammy smell that would soon fill the space, as the two females started to dry, made the girl wrinkle her nose, but her eyes were already falling shut, and she could feel sleep calling; I'm too exhausted to be truly bothered by it... Which was entirely true, as Aideen fell asleep before Lalani had even settled in beside her.

Word count: 413

- - Fade